Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
I'm putting off episode 2 so I don't have to wait MORE than a week to watch the next one - same reason I stopped myself from viewing the GoT leaks. drat though, the first episode alone is enough to know this show hasn't lost any of its luster. I think my favorite parts are Daniel's misadventures / random interactions with strangers (his lunch with the old culture-vulture women as well as the bookstore owner comes to mind), but Crawford is really starting to steal the show. \

I feel very lucky to be watching this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
I think that was one of the series' best episodes of late. Amantha's decaying relationship with Daniel, Jon and Janet, and the loving Teddy stalkery. Pretty much every major cast member had a terrific showcase.

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
Are we thinking this season might stick another perfect landing? I'm in agreement with OP that 1 is immaculate - and so far 3 has me in the same trance.

Also, Trey is still a horrible sociopath.

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
Regarding the Senator having a stroke, I think it's the show's brand of karma crashing down on him for (unknowingly???) pursuing the wrong man the entire time. It'd make a *bit* more sense if he was somehow involved in Hanna's death like some are speculating. But even still, whether he knew it or not, it's looking increasingly likely that he has inflicted irreversible damage on an innocent man's life. I remember a scene he had with the Sheriff in season 2 musing on life being interesting because of all its variables. It works quite well as foreshadowing to his current situation, if I'm remembering it right.

Another amazing episode this week, but it just feels redundant to keep saying that about this show. Does another season definitely mean that Daniel stays in Paulie for longer? I feel like it has to, as otherwise he wouldn't be able to interact with any other characters.

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
OK so that finale was perfect loving television. May Frog strike me down if I don't speak the truth!

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
I was also surprised at the total lack of Bobby Dean this season. He seemed to be turning against the idea that Daniel was his sister's killer. News that Daniel didn't rape Hanna will only help him make that change in thinking.

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
The way everything wraps up I think a time jump might be in order to get main players back into Paulie next season. Jon going off to Boston (right after his visit with the Senator) and Daniel being isolated from every main character makes me think that might happen. I mean, it'd be unbelievably entertaining to have Daniel interacting with a bunch of strangers but I don't know that the show would do that. Every character had an ending this season that has an "all is well" vibe (like Amantha, Teddy, Daniel), or at least a "needs time to simmer" vibe (Tawney, maybe Trey) . A couple months / a year in the show passing by would be interesting given its pacing.

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
Totally forgot about the scrunchy. I just wonder if they're making Trey too obvious to be the end-all bad guy. The finale cast some suspicion on the Senator which, I don't know why he'd be down there or why he'd kill Hanna but... hey!

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
Can I just say Daggett is the man? He has the best "zero time for your bullshit" face I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
How old would the Sheriff have been during the incident? Around the same age as all the kids there? A low level beat cop? I faintly remember a conversation in the show where he talks about showing up at the scene and seeing Daniel over her body or something.

Why does this thread have 3 pages? I get that it's niche but I feel like TVIV should be all over this masterpiece.

• Locked thread