Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Mob posted:

Thanks to Hulu I've seen every season in the past couple of months and so far I've never found anyone to root for because they're all assholes.

The first season had a couple actually likeable people. Or at least it had Tommy Helm. Or was that the second season? Either way, each season has gotten worse for the drama and rear end in a top hat contestants. The only redeeming part of last season was that Cleen lost on a technicality. Such good schadenfreude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Mob posted:

A piece of driftwood with a nametag

I'm 2000% surprised that the judges didn't just say "WELP NO ELIMINATION THIS WEEK" to get out of having to eliminate people they want to be finalists

It looked like they were really close to doing it, either Oliver or Chris considered it out loud and everyone who was safe flipped out. They probably had to cut to consult with a producer.

I used to like Chris the most amongst the judges as his critiques used to seem the most legit, but the last couple seasons he's not even hiding that he's playing favorites with people that he probably knows. He doesn't want to be there anymore and I don't think he should be either. If Chris had his way Cleen would have won last season and that'd be bullshit when he didn't do the actual challenge for their final piece.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Marissa coaching Tyler and then getting booted was the funniest loving thing I've ever seen on this show. No way the judges didn't hear them either, I mean, Oliver had the smuggest face cause he knew exactly how it was going to go down.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

TheRationalRedditor posted:

if you think 'tattoo nightmares' has a single redeeming aspect to be found then I can't even envision the apocalyptically hostile nihilism contained within your perception of 'bad ink'!

Tattoo Nightmares is dope, sorry you're broken and can't enjoy fun things.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

creationist believer posted:

Am I the only person who hates the drama on Ink Master but loves it on Ink Master Redemption? Somehow it feels more genuine and interesting on Redemption vs the manufactured poo poo drama on Ink Master. Ink Master drama is like they point a camera at sleep deprived artists for 18 hours a day for several months so there's thousands of moments where someone raises their voice or rolls their eyes that can be edited into whatever story line the producers want. But with Redemption, they take the most broken in the head artists and canvases and have less than a day's footage and what seem like actual spur of the moment reactions so the final edited episode feels like the disdain is more real.

The only thing that came close in Ink Master was when Kyle Dunbar went off on Nunez.

Redemption is great because it's all Dave playing therapist/mediator. I hope he continues to host reality shows after Ink Master ends.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I felt really bad for Matt watching that. I feel like at least they got to show their master canvases before the America vote bullshit in other seasons.

Also I don't know how anyone can call this the worst season when Rivals existed. The only good thing about that season was Cleen shooting himself in the foot on his master canvas. Much worse drama with much worst artists in that season.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Because they're getting the winner from the producers through Daves ear piece at that point. You could hear him talking to them at one point for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

HairyNipple! posted:

Just binged through this season in the past week. The live finales are always the absolute worst, and it's hilarious. Whoever produces these live shows have no idea what they're doing. The constant audio screw-ups were great - Dave literally had to shout at Matt as he was walking off. Contestants were talking while they weren't mic'd etc.

It also highlights how heavily edited the show must be, because the judges are nowhere near as sure of themselvs critiquing live. They hardly said anything at all, "Yeah man, all up it's a solid tattoo. Very nice. Solid. Very solid tattoo." I loved Dave's critiques though, because they added absolutely nothing at all. He's just enthusiastic that he gets to join in.

They were really blatant with production telling them what to do, with Oliver pointing at his ear and Dave going "Welcome to my world", and Dave just straight up talking to himself/production at one point.

All in all, it was a trainwreck once again. I'll keep watching though.

As for the overall season, I thought the quality of tattoos this season was better than it has been in the past. I personally don't think there was anybody there that flat-out didn't deserve to be there. Everyone was at least half-way decent. Even though I didn't like Chris, his tattoos were far and away the best and most consistant throughout the season, and it's kinda rubbish that he didn't win. For all the other eliminations, they take in to account each person's previous performances even though they shouldn't, and then at the finale they just drop all that and vote for whichever tattoo they like. Inconsistent, but whatever, it's a dumb show.

I don't think this was an audio problem, I think Matt just wanted to book it off the stage. It can't feel very good to be eliminated before even showing your final masterpiece tattoo.

• Locked thread