Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Locked thread
I know there are a lot of puzzle-loving posters on this forum, so, i thought someone here might be able to help me with this tricky logic puzzle I've recently come across. any help appreciated... let's crack this one, goons!

Puzzle consists of one box approx 15cm long and 25cm wide and one reddish triangular-prism shaped wooden block. box has three differently shaped apertures on top - one shaped like a circle, one shaped like a triangle, and one shaped like a star. tried to recreate the setup in a pic [not to scale]:

Things I've tried so far:
-attempted to insert triangle block into circle hole. RESULT: block did not enter aperture
-turned triangle block 90 degrees, and attempted to insert into circle hole. RESULT: block did not enter apterture
-turned box upside down and banged it repeatedly on the ground. RESULT: box made loud "thunk" noises, scaring me
-attempted to insert triangle block into circle hole once more. RESULT: block did not enter apterture
-chewed on triangle block a bit. RESULT: block now contains faint toothmarks

yeah actually they will

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot
i notice in your notes that you haven't tried anything with the star yet, maybe start there?

Beetlejuice v.o

I;''n af uck ohh well
~*Aries*~ ~*Aries*~

Well youll need to spin it, like a circlular style, and it will fit int he first hole. Thats a solution with no question

Verhy old and rocky thoughts

Dejan Bimble

PRESIDENT, OWNER,AND GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK KNICKS Loot"

put them in my butt lmao

A FUCKIN BONG BOMB

This is a skill puzzle, not a logic puzzle. In the hands of a trained tactician, the block can go into any of those holes.

my bitter bi rival
have you tried lube? if yes, have you tried more lube? this solves 99% of my problems.

morning wood

Have you tried crying, OP?

Oh Long Johnson
try putting the triangle block in the circle hole again, i think i figured this one out

pog boyfriend

POP TEAM EPIC

thank you dendy(old summer sig)
this is what gets the bacon these days
i hope you enjoyed my post here is to many more
99.99% of teenagers have moved on to "music" like rap, rock, techno, etc. if you are still one of the 0.01% that still listen to welsh court music put this in your sig i do not have a new autumn sig so instead i am pimping my wide with some sweet badges :P
can i get a MERI KURISIMASU?! HAPI HANUKA ?! ...ah hell. happy holidays everyone! be sure to drink some "egg" nog in a way the increaseing length of this signature could be said to be a reflection of time passing. as trees gain more rings, so to does this signature become more fucked up and long. you ever eat a pumpkin? shit is not as easy as it looks.

it seems like theres still something in the box youre supposd to find , maybe like a tootsie roll.

An Enormous Boner
STICK IT UP YOUR FUCKIN rear end FOLKS

Deg

this is a trojan, putting the blocks in the holes executes a virus

Yad Rock

crobby. siddy crobby. i play the hocky.

Hole-y poo poo!!!

Guess where this lollipop's going?

anne frank fanfic
How about slowly bending down to peek in the hole, saying "BAHhhG" then squealing

Verhy old and rocky thoughts

Dejan Bimble

PRESIDENT, OWNER,AND GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK KNICKS Loot"

Ive seen this puzzle before, I wont spoil it for everyone else, but I will say you need to get a hammer

Lord Waffle Beard

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Ive seen this puzzle before, I wont spoil it for everyone else, but I will say you need to get a hammer

Jack Daniels
Have you tried fuckign it yet? Give that a go, your dick could probably fit all the holed.

by FactsAreUseless

my wheelhouse

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

I think your best option is to keep trying the circle hole.

edit: beaten

little munchkin

----------------

Put it in the triangle hole dumbass. Turn it 90 degrees to the right and put it in the triangle hole iidiot

starwarsmom

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

lol

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Squeezy Farm

you need to cut the corners and force it in. jesus.

niggle

Rest stop in Newark posted:

you need to cut the corners and force it in. jesus.

lets not get hasty here

pog boyfriend

POP TEAM EPIC

thank you dendy(old summer sig)
this is what gets the bacon these days
i hope you enjoyed my post here is to many more
99.99% of teenagers have moved on to "music" like rap, rock, techno, etc. if you are still one of the 0.01% that still listen to welsh court music put this in your sig i do not have a new autumn sig so instead i am pimping my wide with some sweet badges :P
can i get a MERI KURISIMASU?! HAPI HANUKA ?! ...ah hell. happy holidays everyone! be sure to drink some "egg" nog in a way the increaseing length of this signature could be said to be a reflection of time passing. as trees gain more rings, so to does this signature become more fucked up and long. you ever eat a pumpkin? shit is not as easy as it looks.

can't believe all the loving SPOILERS in this thread

copyright MECC 1985

Piss Turbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X2zgVqWyvo

one thing I always notice aobut these puzzles / similiar challanges in general: if a piece is too big for a hole, your not getting ti, in there. doesnt matter if its red or green or blue. but you can try paintint it a diff color for yourself, adn see what happens for all i care.

----------------

you need to turn the triangle box longwise, then it will fit in the circle hole. but it might take a little jimmying even then

Chilled Cactus
you have to sneak up on it

Kevin Sorbo

----------------

this is going to sound crazy, but i think this puzzle was poorly designed. the more i look at it, the more im sure that the designers should have made the circle hole bigger - there's just no way to fit the triangle block through it at this size. you bought an unsolvable puzzle, g0m. you should demand your money back - that's just lazy on the part of the designers.

Chilled Cactus
it looks like a regular square to me

• YOU
  • FUCKED
  • WITH
  • THE
  • WRONG
  • CITY

spb

http://myanimelist.net/profile/spbbbb

this looks like a job for the black baby goku

----------------

tumor looking batty posted:

there are many different types of bridges. there is the verezanno narrows bridge

thats a good bridge dude

Chilled Cactus

no they will not posted:

I know there are a lot of puzzle-loving posters on this forum, so, i thought someone here might be able to help me with this tricky logic puzzle I've recently come across. any help appreciated... let's crack this one, goons!

Puzzle consists of one box approx 15cm long and 25cm wide and one reddish triangular-prism shaped wooden block. box has three differently shaped apertures on top - one shaped like a circle, one shaped like a triangle, and one shaped like a star. tried to recreate the setup in a pic [not to scale]:

-attempted to insert triangle block into circle hole. RESULT: block did not enter aperture
-turned triangle block 90 degrees, and attempted to insert into circle hole. RESULT: block did not enter apterture
-turned box upside down and banged it repeatedly on the ground. RESULT: box made loud "thunk" noises, scaring me
-attempted to insert triangle block into circle hole once more. RESULT: block did not enter apterture

lmao

Lope burgs again

Surprisingly Dope

thanks to catdynamtie

You need to blow a load onto that triangle.

Lope burgs again

Surprisingly Dope

thanks to catdynamtie

i'm going to close my eyes and visualize complex 3 dimensional shapes rotating in space to solve this

Oh Long Johnson
If you stack black triangle on top of the two red triangles you can make a sacred relic

funny way to spell
is this the puzzle about getting the triangle into the circle hole?

----------------

indiana jones but dog

• YOU
  • FUCKED
  • WITH
  • THE
  • WRONG
  • CITY

spb

http://myanimelist.net/profile/spbbbb

ive worked out out already. im not going to spoil it but if you post the answer ill pm you if you're right

trying to jack off

no they will not posted:

Lmao Tzu
if you had ever even played a video game before you would know to get the star, thereby becoming invincible and allowing you to instantly defeat any puzzle with a simple touch

by Lowtax

Ralp

----------------

ahve you tried picking up the box and lowering it onto the triangle block?

by XyloJW

anchoress

----------------

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot
i hate puzzles but there's a similar, maybe, game of wooden pieces, it could be fun to do this poo poo irl, if you like puzzles

凸[◣_◢]凸UNBAN CAPNPAYNE凸[◣_◢]凸 put this in your sig if you support FYAD凸[◣_◢]凸

凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAY FOR TWISTY 凸[◣_◢]凸

• Locked thread
«3 »