Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
If advancement means too much, you might be able to cut warband size and magic item allowance. Justify it as wizardly hubris and hoarding all the magic items for themselves.

Or just "rebalance" the warband by having the apprentice shank their master and take over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Indolent Bastard posted:

This was my thought. People never seem to use enough terrain and what little they have, they don't use for cover choosing instead to charge ahead.

Looked at the images associated with the post.

The edges of the board have tall buildings making the middle of the board an even worse killing ground due to the snipers you could put everywhere.
That is literally the worst possible way to arrange terrain for a skirmish, but everyone seems to instinctively do it. Do rulebooks need a full page of DO NOT SURROUND THE BOARD WITH COVER? If you want a central arena, stick the death walls further in so at least people can come around the back and shank the snipers easily.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Oh my god, yes.

QuasiQuack posted:

Now I want to make a warband in a militant style. The wizard is the commanding officer and the rest are soldiers of varying ranks, everyone in matching uniforms :allears:
The Black Company are working for a warlord nearby, Captain's told One-Eye & Goblin to grab Croaker and a bunch of volunteers for a little looting on the side.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Otisburg posted:

If I were only going to get one or two Hirst molds for this, which ones would people recommend? The selection is a little daunting?

Also are there any good ways to do a quick and convincing coin pile from scratch?
I've seen recommendations for nail art studs/circles. You can get them pretty cheaply on ebay in various colours. 1mm is a pretty big coin, but might look OK in a pile - build a base pile out of putty or scrap and cover it in coins.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I'd say summons should go on the roster if you have the spell to summon them. Mark them as summoned, not necessarily present, and people don't have to add them if they rarely cast the spell, but if it's a regular thing it would make life simpler.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

krushgroove posted:

Zark, you should have posted this here too:

The cheap kid's toy castle from Debenham's is now even cheaper as they try to clear stock after Christmas, £18 shipped in the UK. I know this has been popular with Frostgrave players, so it's quite versatile and CHEAP (Dice Bag Lady got two I think!) and they have less than ten in stock now...
£14 in-store, and there are way more than ten in my local. Worth a look if you have one nearby.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Nash posted:

Looks like the gnickstarter for Breeding Pits should be going up this Tuesday, the 31st. Time to throw a pile of money at Osprey again.
How long do they usually run for?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Pierzak posted:

Wargames Vault has S&M romance novels?
Er, yes? https://www.wargamevault.com/product/207084/Bound-in-Blood-BDSM-Bondage-Erotica :nws:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
It does say there are (linked) scenarios and a random dungeon generator, so I'd guess it's not going to be mostly a dungeon book. Being a Frostgrave book should help sales compared to Rangers, which'll be good. Maybe he can be persuaded to write an Underfrostgrave Megadungeon book at some point.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Witch hat, Molotov, and throwing up the horns.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I'm the guy on the far right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Skulls-2017