Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Just saw this and had a look at the rulebook. Looks nice and simple to play, maybe I can persuade the other half to join me this time. It would be a good way to use all those random Fantasy miniatures that I keep collecting.

Anyhow I also wanted to chime in that Hasslefree Miniatures would do well for the front page as well. They're carrying a bunch of miniatures from Red Box/Artemis Blacks that have that low fantasy flavour about them (many of these guys are sculpted to look properly medieval ugly). There's also their own Fantasy line, which are more conventional. Their sculpting and casting quality is amazing, though some goons might not like the cheesecake.

Plus 20% off until 15th October!.

I'll see if I can cobble together a warband from all these Reaper goons I have lying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

ineptmule posted:

The Red Box minis are absolutely gorgeous. I really want to get some when I have a bit more cash on hand. One thing I've heard though is that they are really small. Do you have any you could take scale shots with?

If you Google someone has done some comparison shots. They're the same scale as Hasslefree, which means truescale 28mm like the LOTR stuff.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheDiceBagLady posted:

Painted up a tonne of monsters too!

Just got to find someone to play with :(

The floating thing on the second floor looks like a scrotum. What's it supposed to be?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Indolent Bastard posted:

a scrotum demon

And it's name shall be Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

I don't mean to 40kid the place up, but the North Star minis are more-or-less at scale and size parity with 40k guys, right? I mean, North Star put out a conversion kit to give the Cultists lasguns so I'm assuming the answer is yes?

Plastic retro-medieval militia has been hard to find in unit-sized quantities since the Free Company went away, and the Frost Grave mans look real neat.

E: And it looks like the Empire Flagellants are now out-of-stock on GW. :ohdear:

The official Frostgrave minis are smaller than GW. They're closer to 28mm to top of head whereas GW are 28mm to eye level. If you leave the integrated bases on and stick them on top of another base the difference becomes less pronounced.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

BattleMaster posted:

It works fine on the PS/ABS ship and Gundam models I've used it on. Was it actually melting the plastic for you?

edit: The Testors website shows that most of their cements are also only for PS/ABS but a couple types are for a wider range of plastics as well

I wish these runners had the plastic type stamped on them. Box doesn't say, either :saddowns:

My Frostgrave soldiers 1 and 2 sets melted just fine with plastic weld. Some of the plastic glues have a lot more filler and less solvent so maybe that is part of the issue if the underlying plastic is more resistant?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

moths posted:

Did you get them from a legit source? Some recasters use resin copies of entire plastic sprues.

I can't imagine anyone recasting Frostgrave stuff. It's cheap, easily available and not enormously popular. If recasters did make copies their own margins would be razor thin.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Anyone know where the armoured guy carrying the box is from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
Is Stargrave a reskinned Frostgrave or are the base mechanics different?