Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

Irate Tree posted:

According to Dakka, Northstar are releasing a set of female soldiers for Frostgrave in a couple of months. I wonder how much interchangeability there will be between the other box sets or, if they're going to be their own unique thing?

Between these and the new Oathmark plastics previewed (Elves and Humans) it's a good time to be building up infantry for generic fantasy settings.

Northstar has also stated by the way that all Oathmark factions (Dwarves, Goblins, Elves, Humans so far) will get at least plastic cavalry and heavy infantry options in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
As someone who loves the Frostgrave plastics but not the metal wizard figures and also doesn't know anyone around who plays, I'm totally on board with both these things.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
Has anyone had a look at Perilous Dark yet or tried it out? If so, how does it compare to Rangers of Shadow Deep for solo dungeon crawl-type play?

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
He's a mini from Osprey's new board game, Wildlands, and sadly only available in their £60 starter.

https://mustcontainminis.com/2018/12/miniatures-showcase-the-guild-in-wildlands-by-opsrey-games.html
https://ospreypublishing.com/wildlands

Also apparently he's soft plastic, but the detail seems pretty good.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
I've always been tempted to dabble in the FG minis but always hesitated to buy a box because I know I'd only probably make a couple of each type, so this is the perfect deal. When do the knights come out normally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
Just got my box with wizard, soldier, and knight sprue, and it's a great deal at 20 quid. The knights look great: the sprue is about a third larger than the soldier sprue, comes with six bodies instead of five, but also includes a ton of extras, like 21 heads, 5 shields, a bunch of satchels, etc. I'm gonna have a lot of fun putting together a little warband with these!

All the little extras on all three Frostgrave sprues got me thinking, though: does anyone produce high-quality injection-moulded plastic sprues with just generic fantasy elements, like rats, bags, scrolls, skulls, etc.? You can cram a ton of stuff onto a single sprue, and I'm sure anyone who does 28mm fantasy modelling would find it useful.

MeinPanzer fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 21, 2020