Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Mr.Booger posted:

I know my wizard will probably be a grey seer, with some rat-like henchmen. I mean gotta use the models for something, and I still like my Skaven fluff.

I am doing this if I can round anybody to play this with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

from

http://thegaragegamers.blogspot.com/2015/05/frostgrave-fantasy-wargames-in-frozen_25.html

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Do you think there will be limits on how many of certain types of henchman you can take? Could I bring 8 barbarians?

Nebalebadingdong fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 16, 2015

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
I don't think anyone has the book yet...

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Ashcans posted:

Unless I grossly misunderstood, someone even posted their copy on the previous page!

Ah ha! You're right! I thought it was just the soldiers

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Do the soldiers get special abilites? Can a thief commit thievery or is he just a dood that moves faster?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Beffer posted:

So treasure can be huge or insignificant at the same odds.

I don't have the book yet ( :( ) but the odds don't sound like the problem. The problem would be that there are lovely entries on the treasure table at all. Even if its less likely, rolling booby prize really sucks at the end of a hard fight.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

berzerkmonkey posted:

I see two problems with this - 1) from an aesthetic standpoint, if your apprentice is one level below you, why would he still be your apprentice? If you're level 14, you're not going to have a level 13 wizard tagging along - he's going to start his own gang. 2) Constantly having a pool of "wannabe wizards" cheapens the game. Your wizard dies, so your apprentice steps up to be the wizard, and he gets his own apprentice... Then your wizard dies, so your apprentice steps up to be the wizard, and he gets his own apprentice... to infinity and beyond!

Its a game, not a simulation.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

berzerkmonkey posted:

So is AoS. That doesn't forgive poorly implemented rules though.

The problem with a Wizard dying in the later stages of the campaign will be an issue though - not being able to catch up and constantly being at a disadvantage is part of what turned people off with Necromunda and Mordheim. EDIT: Granted, it won't be as big of one, since hireling stats don't increase, but better equipment and spells are certainly going to cause problems to a newer gang.

But like that guy says, maybe turn limits will remove this consideration from the game, since you'll be more concerned about objectives rather than total party (or wizard) kills.

Well I agree its poorly implemented but that wasn't your complaint :shrug: Allowing the Apprentice to take over is better than nothing at all.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Got my book yesterday, its very nice. The setting is generic enough that you don't have to have "ice" anything. The monsters are just basic stat-lines so you can proxy everything. Its also pretty simple, so adding houserules or new scenarios or whatever should be pretty easy. I think I'm gonna paint up 2 warbands and see if I can get some of my disillusioned wargaming buddies to play

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Hey that Egyptian pyramid mid terrain would be pretty awesome for this game

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

signalnoise posted:

Is premeasuring allowed?

Yes

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

berzerkmonkey posted:

Ugh - I'm going through all of my stuff, and realizing that I really don't have any models suitable for this game. I've got some of the old Mordheim Empire plastics, but nothing suitable for an apprentice, rangers, thieves, knights, etc. Turns out I have more suited for wandering monsters than an actual Wiz-gang.

This sucks. :(

No proxies? I'm making an Orc frostgrave band raight nao

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Apart from being ranged/not ranged, there doesn't seem like a huge difference in the types of soldier. The bonuses are pretty mild.

None of my grumpy ex-ham friends want to play skirmish games :(

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

I need some sprue images!!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

TheDiceBagLady posted:

I've just made five adventurers out of kitbashing the plastic soldiers box and the statuesque female bald heads. Really easy to do, and the result I think is awesome. I sell the heads and troops of course . Wasn't entirely commercial, was partly to prove some people on another forum wrong (that it wouldn't work) and to find out which of the heads I stock work best. Statuesque heroic are PERFECT. Others are a bit small. And then I actually had fun and did some painting outside of my tin box office!

http://thedicebaglady.net/frostgrave-solider-box-set-of-20-troops/

These are great! So great, I just ordered some heads!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

TKIY posted:

Frosty Skaven?

Wish I could tell you more, the image just popped up on the frostgrave facebook group, and thats all we have.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Frostgrave/

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Did they ever put out close up pics of the gnoll sprues?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Those are excellent!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Irate Tree posted:

According to Dakka, Northstar are releasing a set of female soldiers for Frostgrave in a couple of months. I wonder how much interchangeability there will be between the other box sets or, if they're going to be their own unique thing?

All of the frostgrave plastics are great and I can't wait to see what they look like

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Nash posted:

Sounds like a nice pile of new wizards coming with the stuff next month. Frostgrave Facebook page has some pics of them.

these are "digital renders" and not sculpts but I hope the sculpts look this cool

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Nickstarter starts tomorrow!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
The only thing I don't like is that they all seem to be wearing the same fur lined coat. Should be more varied like the other boxes. But whatever

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Indolent Bastard posted:

This is the default Rangers of Shadow Deep thread right?

I made a bridge for mission 2 scenario 1.

I almost redid the stone work as I hated the red and yellow stone, but a second wash and looking at it under normal (not paint bench) lights and I was OK with it.

My mighty band of warriors.

awesome!!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

LashLightning posted:

This appears to be everything on the sprue - and there will be two of the sprue in the box they'll sell. A really nice mix of different types of heads - you could really go Maiden, Mother and... The Other One with this set.

I like that there is left and right hands doing goat horns, so you make one unarmed headbanger

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is that a runic bagel or runic doughnut? I can't tell.

well that depends on how you paint it

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
the plastic kits are extremely great so i hope frostgrave lasts forever

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
I just ordered from North Star and Bad Squiddo yesterday and both sent me an email this morning saying that they had shipped the packages. Let's see which one gets here first! (I'm in Chicago)

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
cross postin'

Nebalebadingdong posted:

frostgrave/oathmark kitbash

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
my stuff from bad squiddo just arrived. drat fast for international shipping!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
I finally got my hands on both the plastic frostgrave wizards boxes and I must say that the quality is fantastic. Huge variety of bits and arms, and the detail is superb. My only complaint is that there's no wizard heads with long luxurious beards in the male one.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Beerdeer posted:

This last weekend we found ourselves in need of 7 gorillas

this post is tremendously interesting without context

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
cross postin my latest frostgrave soldier