Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chriscalvert1982
Oct 6, 2013
Hello fellow Goons,

I've been a member since 2013 and not been too active because of work or the God dam Royal Navy but now I have a shore job :-) I've been able to start my gaming and my social life again, thanks very much.... well I've been active here just mostly passive and reading and never posting much. but what I'm interested to find out is how many of you guys here are actual Brits and serving or have served? I find it really interesting reading the goons in platoons threads and see the banter on here that can only truly come from guys who are serving our country's and see the bonding and brother hood we have. so I open the floor to you guys who's serving or ex serving ????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I wish I was in the British navy instead of the regular navy so I can talk about how the navy is a royal pain in my arse.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rum, sodomy, and the lash.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWgmv92fQk

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I toured HMS Belfast as a kid.

chriscalvert1982
Oct 6, 2013
I've sailed pas Belfast if that counts!!!

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

You can always post with us in the Navy thread, I don't think it's meant to be US only?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Honestly if I were in the Royal Navy I woul;d just post in the Canadian and Aussie forces threads barking orders and then ask the US threads for money

chriscalvert1982
Oct 6, 2013
Not really sure that's how the Royal Navy dose its business and am certain the UK doesn't ask the U.S. for money!!!!! Your navy may be bigger granted however your coast line is over 7 times the size of ours ;-).

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

chriscalvert1982 posted:

Your navy may be bigger granted however your coast line is over 7 times the size of ours ;-).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I've loved this pic since 1993 or whenever that episode aired.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

chriscalvert1982 posted:

Not really sure that's how the Royal Navy dose its business and am certain the UK doesn't ask the U.S. for money!!!!! Your navy may be bigger granted however your coast line is over 7 times the size of ours ;-).

Lend lease says otherwise

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
We should just sell the US the Royal Marines in exchange for a couple of carriers.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Did British English decide to eliminate the period in favor of the exclamation point or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

We should just sell the US the Royal Marines in exchange for a couple of carriers.

Sounds like a deal, we'll give you some Gator freighters.

• Locked thread