Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I like how the Death Knight threw one so hard it exploded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Is the NEET Dragon with glasses and fatty the peak Overlord?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Yeah that was pretty :lol:

This book has been fun so far, but in terms of long-term developments...eh. The only thing significant is the King of the Elves might be a long-term antagonist, since he's likely a player and definitely a complete rear end in a top hat. I'm skeptical of poo poo that happens during Intermissions ever being important though.

e: Unless you count the Ainz Ooal Gown Ethnic Cleanse-O-Meter ticking upwards again as a long-term development.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 14, 2016

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Vengarr posted:

Yeah that was pretty :lol:

This book has been fun so far, but in terms of long-term developments...eh. The only thing significant is the King of the Elves might be a long-term antagonist, since he's likely a player and definitely a complete rear end in a top hat. I'm skeptical of poo poo that happens during Intermissions ever being important though.

e: Unless you count the Ainz Ooal Gown Ethnic Cleanse-O-Meter ticking upwards again as a long-term development.

I don't think he's a player just an rear end in a top hat maybe a descendent?

But I feel like he's going to do something dumb like insult Mara/Aura's "parents" in front of Ainz.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I think the epilogue might have been better than the rest of the book. What a way to end. Enri is so good, I kind of wish the whole series had just been "village girl meets kindly evil elder lich".

:derp: "Oh, by the way, Ainz is dead." :derp:

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Of course he couldn't end the book without one ''like a puppet whose strings has been cut''

This book was pretty good overall, i liked it. I'm pretty biased though because it was all about dorfs.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I really enjoyed that too, though I am also biased in favour of dwarves.

That drat cliffhanger though. Next volume is expected around May? I picked the wrong time to catch up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Captain_duck posted:

Of course he couldn't end the book without one ''like a puppet whose strings has been cut''

This book was pretty good overall, i liked it. I'm pretty biased though because it was all about dorfs.

Pretty sure the translator wedged that one in along with all the other memes. Which I enjoy because otherwise the prose is pretty bland.

Not gonna lie, I laughed pretty hard at "Make the Quagoa Great Again" and "Every time the Dwarves gently caress up, the wall gets 10 feet higher!"

Desuwa posted:

I really enjoyed that too, though I am also biased in favour of dwarves.

That drat cliffhanger though. Next volume is expected around May? I picked the wrong time to catch up.

The title and a short description of the next book is apparently already out. It's called Knights of the Holy Kingdom, and concerns a mysterrrious demon invasion that forces the Holy Kingdom to call in Ainz Ooal Gown to defeat the nefarious devil behind the invasion, Jaldabaoth.

The author said in the latest afterward that he's trying to cut back the length of the next book significantly, since he was forced to cut a lot of content from Volume 11. So it's possible 12 could come out in January, or possibly even December depending on how much he's got written already.

• Locked thread