Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
:siren::siren:Now looking for in house game testers!:siren::siren:

If you want to be a game tester please send me a PM. Your responsibilities will include checking the alpha spreadsheet for recent changes and downloading the most recent build of the game. You will also need to test for bugs on recent changes, and in general, and fill out the bug reports efficiently. I'm looking for people who could probably at least test for bugs once a day. I will only be selecting a small group of testers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am developing a new Something Awful RPG game called Something Awful: The Lost King. The game's main plot line is about how King Lowtax of the land of Something Awful has gone missing, and it is up to you to find him! Each sub forum will be a zone in the game, and each zone will be populated by the wonderful posters of these great forums. To do this I need your help. I am looking for more posters to populate this gay world of mine, and also looking for consultants who are regular posters in sub forums that can help me along with "in" jokes so that everyone on the forums can feel special while playing. Gameplay is still being worked on and is open to being changed. I welcome your suggestions and ideas.

If you would like to be apart of the game post in this thread. Tell me what your preferred quest line would be and what zone you would like to reside in. Tell me any other details you'd like me to know about your character.

If you would like to consult and help with zone creation ideas, post here and let me know what sub forum you are a regular poster in.

If you just have a good idea, post it.

Here is a very short preview of what Tutorial Island looks like. I am not trying to show too much of anything because I'd like to keep most of this under wraps until it is released. Estimated release time is around 2 months from now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXjYvuPh2XU

:siren:Game Play Footage:siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmdu7fXcbx0

:siren:First animated cut scene quest:siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkAihgpyBdI

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
do you have a kickstarter

my kids are going to have a lovely christmas

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

do you have a kickstarter

No. This game will be free.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
how are you going to handle bans and probations

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
i want my quest line to be having sex and i want to be in the zone where the prettiest girls are. This zone would probably have a pretty funny name if the game is actually released.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Paging X JAKK to this thread!

e: Or did he die/get locked up?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Sure.

Quest Line: Finding my lost parrot, Cromwell
Zone: D&D
Other Details: I'd like a useless magic power

Kumo fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 10, 2015

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
I want to be in a video game, but that's a lot of words op, so I didn't read it.
Still, put me in your video game.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Zone: Forest of Complaining
Quest: Become the best pedo apologist in the world
Name: Ralph
Other: I can use axes

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
A lot of people laugh at goon projects, but with this one nobody has laughed yet.

You've set the bar so low that everyone believes it's possible!

Fansy fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 10, 2015

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Quest line: cook me a fuckin chickencheese or a pie or something or collect me some rare weed that's growing under a van full of fat ICP fans
Zone: GWS

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Zone: Frozen Wastelands of Old GBS
Quest: Defeat the frigid tyrant IceQueen to return happiness to the village folk. Upon her defeat the snow melts and the wasteland grows into a springtime bloom. All the frozen npc's unfreeze and say nothing but "cuck,lol" and "im gay."

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Need literal white-noise foes that look something like missingno, but could pull random names from a big list of volunteer white noise posters

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

Need literal white-noise foes that look something like missingno, but could pull random names from a big list of volunteer white noise posters

This is a very good idea. Thank you!

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
hi! Put me in sub byob, but I keep wondering off and I can't retain any new info so I forget what zone I am in and hang out in other story lines. (I wouldlike to spend a lot of time in yospos catte thread)

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
My character has big boobs and is kind of a bitch but her quest reward is good

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

I'm an ideas man.

I'd take a GBS quest where you retrieve the holy chopsticks for me from the dire autismal weeaboo only for me to break them upon receipt and award the pc with the Fork of Western Imperialist Efficiency.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

The Protagonist posted:

I'm an ideas man.

I'd take a GBS quest where you retrieve the holy chopsticks for me from the dire autismal weeaboo only for me to break them upon receipt and award the pc with the Fork of Western Imperialist Efficiency.

this is really good

The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy
I would like to be a named towns person who looks like I will have something important to say or a quest to give, but don't, and I just talk about really inane poo poo no one cares about instead.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Charles Bukowski posted:

Zone: Frozen Wastelands of Old GBS
Quest: Defeat the frigid tyrant IceQueen to return happiness to the village folk. Upon her defeat the snow melts and the wasteland grows into a springtime bloom. All the frozen npc's unfreeze and say nothing but "cuck,lol" and "im gay."

That's a good one!

That should be part of a Planes expansion pack or something with ghosts of moderators past as the bosses. You have to get Mayor Wilkins to have a shitfit and ban himself. Ohh and a quest to get fiwer laid. Although he's in his late 30s now and I'm pretty sure he's gotten laid by now but still. Also who was the gay one that hosed up the database? Al or something?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The FYAD Flamingo would be a most foul fowl foe

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
very nice

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
The thing for your character's gender should be a slider even if it doesn't affect the character's appearance.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

im a half dwarf with high charisma and a spurdo face and i wield twin whips

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Can you get party members? We'd need Caro as the undead battle cleric, Kyoon as the mentally ill mentalist

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
dibs on Pope

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
please add me as an NPC shopkeeper named Solo Humping Pro

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
You find a man collapsed on the road, his name is Scoots Magoo and he is suffering from a spinal injury. You rush him to the local healer. The healer tells you you need to go fetch a macguffin(dew, doritos, whatever) from a nearby cave/mountain. You manage to get the thing, but arrive too late to save SM. With his dying breath he grants you a powerful ranged weapon called "the chip." Y u throw it?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

Can you get party members? We'd need Caro as the undead battle cleric, Kyoon as the mentally ill mentalist

Yes you can add additional members to your party. But they will be rare. I'd like to keep it a solo experience. You'll probably only gain party members for specific quests.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

solo humping pro posted:

please add me as an NPC shopkeeper named Solo Humping Pro

or as pathetic rereg guppiehaus

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
no solo humpnig pro is much better

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Townsfolk speak of a wandering ghost knight named Stuntcock, stalking the graveyard in search of his missing skull. You speak to him, and discover a local witch named Elf Pr0n has stolen the skull in an attempt to control him. You defeat the foul witch. Upon your return to Stuntcock, you tell him of the witch's defeat. His response: "But did you get head?"

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
I want to be part of a quest line that ends in finding microwave's mom. Perhaps she's been kidnapped by that murderer that kidnapped girls and took pictures of them before killing them. You know the pic I'm talking about.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Charles Bukowski posted:

Paging X JAKK to this thread!

e: Or did he die/get locked up?

100% chance of both

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
has anyone said the op's weapon should be a shovel

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

op i actually really unironically like your idea and will be real pissed if you're just taking the piss

takes me back to the awful fantasy days

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

a bay posted:

The thing for your character's gender should be a slider even if it doesn't affect the character's appearance.

it should be like 3 sliders

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
dog dicks, op.

dog dicks

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
i don't need a fancy quest or anything but maybe a npc that says the quote in my sig

e: and clearly in gbs world

big black turnout fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Zone: Old GBS
Quest: Find Franky the strap on dildo

Zone: D+D
Quest: Find LeJackels armory and figure out how to remove his guns and use them for our own ends

Zone: TVIV
Quest: Find Aartreks child sex dungeon and set his victims free

• Locked thread