Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Blacktoll posted:

My GBS outfit it the picture of Myrtar's loadout and my special attack was supposed to be "spergin"

LOL holy poo poo OK I'll work up a quick mockup for your character.... I think hell work good at the end of the e/n labyrinth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Also, Sib, I have most of goons with spoobs restaurant level designed on graph paper :eyepop: you want me to scan you a copy so it can get coded in?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

8 track betamax posted:

Also, Sib, I have most of goons with spoobs restaurant level designed on graph paper :eyepop: you want me to scan you a copy so it can get coded in?

please scan it in and i'll faithfully recreate it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Here is an example of gameplay (pre-pre-alpha) (do not steal)

too real for me

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lot of wild rumors and speculation in here, gonna settle it right now

Something Awful : The Last Forum is a side-scrolling, platforming and combat waves of increasingly-difficult foes and enchanting events. It's a sandbox puzzle game where players dish out destruction with a retroish feel. It also simulates space combat and the various dangers and artifacts beneath the Hollow Earth!

This is a business simulation game. Master the sandbox to create textures by combining basic operators. Trade your heart's desire away! Earn money by completing complex weaves of color and sound.

Procedurally generated voxel based physics and procedurally generated bosses utilising AI generating procedures to learn and adapt to your actions. Can you survive?

Here is an example of gameplay (pre-pre-alpha) (do not steal)

ahahaha

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

DEVELOPER DIART 1 : SOMETHING AWFUL : THE LOST KING : THE REBOOT

for personal reasons (gout) i'm not making this pos any more and i've chucked all the work i put into it into the dumpster behind the Stucky's. if someone wants to come get it they can wrassle me for it

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
This is actually great news I think a fresh start will be just what we need to jump start development.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DEVELOPER DIART 1 : SOMETHING AWFUL : THE LOST KING : THE REBOOT

for personal reasons (gout) i'm not making this pos any more and i've chucked all the work i put into it into the dumpster behind the Stucky's.

So Win98 is working from home now?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hogge Wild posted:

So Win98 is working from home now?

dunno haven't seen him in a while

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Trunko posted:

This is actually great news I think a fresh start will be just what we need to jump start development.

"Trunko" you are on e regulation son-of-a-bitch but i believe you are right about this

a complete changeover of the development team and halting production on the main part of the game for an unspecified time will make Something Awful: The Lost King : The Return of the King something we can all really be proud to be apart of

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Making a clean break from the existing code base will allow us a more laser-like focus on the core game aspects, mainly art assets and story.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
What's the pixel dimensions on the inventory items

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Trunko posted:

When you start the game it takes a snapshot of your goon cave with your web cam. That's all you got

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Trunko posted:

Infinitely scalable vector based graphics are a must have

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

The Protagonist posted:

Infinitely scalable vector based graphics are a must have

yeah you'd think so but have you seen the piece of poo poo zero effort flaming wreckage rpg maker bullshit the devs just crapped onto the carpet before they walked off

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

yeah you'd think so but have you seen the piece of poo poo zero effort flaming wreckage rpg maker bullshit the devs just crapped onto the carpet before they walked off

All the more raisin to bring in vector graphics. Vector voxles

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

can we procedurally generate the voxels? people like procedures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
license Euclidion's Unlimited Detail engine