Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
id like to be a ghoul or possibly ghast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

Zone: Old GBS
Quest: Find Franky the strap on dildo

Zone: D+D
Quest: Find LeJackels armory and figure out how to remove his guns and use them for our own ends

Zone: TVIV
Quest: Find Aartreks child sex dungeon and set his victims free

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
is the shovel a coincidence or are you intentionally bringing attention to your past now, either way i laughed at the shovel good job

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Nefarious posted:

has anyone said the op's weapon should be a shovel

it's in the OP, god drat, pay attention

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
there should be the stairs question as a code and if you answer wrong the game ends

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't really have any ideas but I would like to be in your game.

Actually....

Have the current/past mods/admins as the game's bosses with special attacks based on their hobbies/fuckups e.g. AATrek throws babies at you and Spanish Manlove has a special attack called Temper Tantrum.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I just want to be a vendor in the TCC zone that sells mystery Russian research chemicals. Like take some CAS-75943-33 and it gives you super speed for 5 minutes but if you take CAS-75624-12, you'll black out and wake up halfway across the world on Pet Island 2 weeks later with no money or gear.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I always felt like "The Rusty Dagger of Dire Inadequacy" was a really good starter weapon name from some front page article

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

gnarlyhotep posted:

it's in the OP, god drat, pay attention

i am currently attending a funeral and the family has expressed wishes not to watch youtube during the ceremony

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Zone: Mountain of Poor Decision Making
Class: transexual berserker
Quest: ejaculate on straight dude faces

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
dog dicks

DOG DICKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0wfu3tOrtQ

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Quest: You have to visit an underwater location where you find a whale named GirlMecha

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

SalTheBard posted:

Quest: You have to visit an underwater location where you find a whale named GirlMecha

Pele is the boss

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
the tfr quest should be stealing puckins from forbiddenforums: http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1675

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Zone: Castle Lowtaxia

Quest: Integral claims dominion over Castle Lowtaxia in the Taxman's absence. Unravel her crazy bullshit lies and oust her from the castle right on her fibber's arse.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Mangosteen is already a consumable right? I feel like I shouldn't even have to post this

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Charles Bukowski posted:

Quest: Integral claims dominion over Castle Lowtaxia in the Taxman's absence. Unravel her crazy bullshit lies and oust her from the castle right on her fibber's arse.

dang, blast from the past

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
there should be russian mystery potions. when you drink them you teleport to a hospital

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

gnarlyhotep posted:

My memory stretches far my friend.

e: All my suggestions have been solid gold, provided anyone still remembers what the gently caress I'm referencing.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

Yeah I'd like to know more now. The more notes you hit that aren't widely known goon trivia the better really

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
put me in goon saloon drinking with johnny 5 aces

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
op, please make me a skeleton in a buckle hat

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

The Protagonist posted:

Yeah I'd like to know more now. The more notes you hit that aren't widely known goon trivia the better really

I'd rather not bring up eons old forums drama in detail in here eh? Best saved for the game don'tcha think? ;)

e: A macguffin is located in the bowels of an ancient manor house. The sole inhabitant of the house is an all powerful demi-god that is also a mentally challenged man that is in love with all things water and sea creature related. Convince a local mermaid named "Mrs. Water" to befriend the retard god and lead him away from the macguffin. Fill the house with water coolers.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 10, 2015

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
you can use lsd to animate dead

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

The Protagonist posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=195

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Make gooncamp a sidequest where getting a2m makes you die like unprotected sex with the hooker in leisure suit larry 1.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
It is pitch black.

You are likely to be eaten by Hellthread.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Oh Jesus. The first link is broken but the second one leads to a solid gold lowtax fp post

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
With the help of a cardboard cut out of Captain Kirk, you must defeat the evil Fecal Lasagna Elemental from the haunted bathroom, and gain the powerful poo poo Covered Saxaphone, the Scax.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
please add me to the game as paid DLC

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
An important npc that gives you game related hints, but only speaks in quotes from other video games.

e: A trap npc that when approached starts spamming the 20 page long threads written by Adaptive Systems. You cannot escape his text boxes without reading/clicking through them all.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I mostly post in GBS, so I guess that would be my zone.

Quest: Find the fabled Zipline of Doom. You have to decide whether to take the good path and destroy it before it turns into a child-slaughtering assembly line, or activate it and charge admission to the unwitting masses.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Quest: Find the fabled Zipline of Doom. You have to decide whether to take the good path and destroy it before it turns into a child-slaughtering assembly line, or activate it and charge admission to the unwitting masses.

It could be one of those karma things, like in Fallout

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
All good ideas so far guys. Heres a few answers to some questions.

1. Yes this is a real game and I do intend on spending some time on it and making it worth playing and relatively in depth.
2. Yes Mangosteen will be a consumable item.
3. The mods/admins will be zone bosses in their own special castles.

And some more stuff no one asked about

1. THS doesn't have much of a choice because it's already been decided he runs a gay brothel.
2. I am actually taking all of your poo poo posting input seriously and will do my best to include all of you in the game. Top tier popular posters or people with known forums drama (eg. Microwave) will take priority. I can only do so much.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It is too bad that one of the best and most popular CYOA authors will forever be known as just a dude with a hot mom. Rip Microwave.

Save a foxy milf from being molested by her stepson, forums creep Samurai Asspirate.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

It could be one of those karma things, like in Fallout

And that was just a great :gonk: thread.

I don't have archives to get to get to the original, but this one has some pictures from it:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712687&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post443896170

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Windows 98 posted:

I am developing a new Something Awful RPG game called Something Awful: The Lost King. The game's main plot line is about how King Lowtax of the land of Something Awful has gone missing, and it is up to you to find him! Each sub forum will be a zone in the game, and each zone will be populated by the wonderful posters of these great forums. To do this I need your help. I am looking for more posters to populate this gay world of mine, and also looking for consultants who are regular posters in sub forums that can help me along with "in" jokes so that everyone on the forums can feel special while playing. Gameplay is still being worked on and is open to being changed. I welcome your suggestions and ideas.

If you would like to be apart of the game post in this thread. Tell me what your preferred quest line would be and what zone you would like to reside in. Tell me any other details you'd like me to know about your character.

If you would like to consult and help with zone creation ideas, post here and let me know what sub forum you are a regular poster in.

If you just have a good idea, post it.

Here is a very short preview of what Tutorial Island looks like. I am not trying to show too much of anything because I'd like to keep most of this under wraps until it is released. Estimated release time is around 2 months from now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXjYvuPh2XU

Make sure you get somebody to check your typing in the dialogue boxes.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Bigpeeler can join your party, but he dies in every playthrough

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Windows 98 posted:

All good ideas so far guys. Heres a few answers to some questions.

1. Yes this is a real game and I do intend on spending some time on it and making it worth playing and relatively in depth.
2. Yes Mangosteen will be a consumable item.
3. The mods/admins will be zone bosses in their own special castles.

And some more stuff no one asked about

1. THS doesn't have much of a choice because it's already been decided he runs a gay brothel.
2. I am actually taking all of your poo poo posting input seriously and will do my best to include all of you in the game. Top tier popular posters or people with known forums drama (eg. Microwave) will take priority. I can only do so much.

Rock on OP. I'm behind you on this effort, PM me if you need anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

im a half dwarf with high charisma and a spurdo face and i wield twin whips

oh poo poo! I mean crawdad not half dearf

• Locked thread