Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
battle royale beta is next month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
theres like a minute timer in between rounds and if two or three people leave at once it resets it. lol, not including the brutal map load times

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
black ops 3 was barely tolerable and i shan't be playing black ops 4. where has the traitor activison hidden advanced warfare 2

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I got an extra PS4 beta code so ahh, I guess the first person (who isn’t some lurker rando) who wants it can have it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This is way more fun than I was expecting. There's a really big focus on map control and team position, even in TDM, which is pretty neat and more interesting than the spawn merry-go-round TDM usually tends to be.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I got an extra PS4 beta code so ahh, I guess the first person (who isn’t some lurker rando) who wants it can have it.

:yikes:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh right this is the game where everyone cheered when they took out double jumping and knee slides

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Oh right this is the game where everyone cheered when they took out double jumping and knee slides

there's still knee slides. One character has a grappling hook I haven't used him though

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Glad Firebreak’s flamethrower is still OP. I wiped a full team with it this morning lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The health bars and expanded character-specific abilities gave me a really bad ‘CoD version of Overwatch’ vibe in the initial reveal, but now after actually playing it, it feels a lot more like a CoD version of Rainbow Six Siege.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This is actually really cool so far. My big problem with it is that 90 second countdowns between matches is way too loving long, and resetting it any time a handful of people leave/enter the lobby seriously isn't cool. It takes roughly the same time to start a match as it does to play it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lumpys brain parasites have activated

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
beta weekend 2 update: i loving hate this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i looked up the leak/rumor that said this was basically COD Lawbreakers up until 6 months ago, and immediately had the thought “well Id rather be playing lawbreakers” and it made me so much angier lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

i looked up the leak/rumor that said this was basically COD Lawbreakers up until 6 months ago, and immediately had the thought “well Id rather be playing lawbreakers” and it made me so much angier lol

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I guess they must have tweaked this game a bunch over the last week because for whatever reason I'm just not feeling it, at all. Like, I started thinking to myself 'I'd kind of rather be playing Infinite Warfare' and when I realized what I was thinking I immediately shut it off and played more Witcher

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

For all the fuss Treyarch made about "taking things back to Boots On The Ground™!" and "giving players the CoD experience they know and love!" it really feels like they were afraid to actually, I dunno, make a Call of Duty game and made some bizarre CoD ripoff with various stuff from other popular shooters thrown in, like half-baked Counter-Strike modes, Overwatch's UI layout and, of course, blatant and desperate Battle Royale trend bandwagoning. The actual gunplay isn't even all that bad, which really sucks- there's a good shooter hidden somewhere under all the bullshit.

All I'm certain of is that if that rumor of the MW2 remaster being singleplayer only- with no MP or Spec Ops- is actually true, this series is as good as dead.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh and it also has that thing from Overwatch where anyone who does any damage to an enemy gets credit for the kill, so everyone has an absurdly high K/D, which is incredibly bitchmade. God forbid anyone have a K/D under 1, right? Skunts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tbh I'm looking forward to the year COD is a financial failure and they finally pull the trigger on doing the Smash Ultimate COD with every map and every mode ever.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Tbh I'm looking forward to the year COD is a financial failure and they finally pull the trigger on doing the Smash Ultimate COD with every map and every mode ever.

Oh hell yes.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
its crazy how much working on the COD series seems to utterly curse human souls

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

its crazy how much working on the COD series seems to utterly curse human souls

I still wonder what happened that made all those titanfall devs go back to cod.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I still wonder what happened that made all those titanfall devs go back to cod.

Honestly I'd rather be forced to work on a modern CoD game than forced to work on a modern Star Wars game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i wouldnt wish the Kotick Curse on anyone but i still wish theyd contract out some consultation work or w/e with some level designers that actually give a poo poo, like the dishonored team or at least some fuckin burned out halo or battlefield devs. but its really insane what theyre producing in whatever conditions theyre in

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I like Fortnite ok but CoD battle royale sounds REALLY unfun

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Honestly I'd rather be forced to work on a modern CoD game than forced to work on a modern Star Wars game

Or an Ubisoft game. Or any EA game. Or square soft. Or a Sony first party game. It’s why people are bailing for Microsoft’s new studio after doing god of war

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Or an Ubisoft game. Or any EA game. Or square soft. Or a Sony first party game. It’s why people are bailing for Microsoft’s new studio after doing god of war

I think part of the bailing is just the cyclical part of the industry where once the game is shipped the companies dont want to pay well to keep talent on so they either get downsized or get headhunted easily.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

I think part of the bailing is just the cyclical part of the industry where once the game is shipped the companies dont want to pay well to keep talent on so they either get downsized or get headhunted easily.

Yeah that is really lovely

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Is that true? I feel like they started development on a sequel for that game before it even released. Also as long as Square keeps giving my friend Yoko Taro money they will not be my enemy

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

goferchan posted:

Is that true? I feel like they started development on a sequel for that game before it even released. Also as long as Square keeps giving my friend Yoko Taro money they will not be my enemy

Recent hires:

Brian Westergaard worked on GoW (2018) as the lead producer.
Annie Lohr is the recruiter and worked at Respawn.
Christian Cantamessa - the writer from rdr is at the company.
Blake Fischer - Senior Director of Portfolio Planning for MS, but now working with The Initiative.
Daniel Neuburger & Lindsey McQueeney are from Crystal Dynamics.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh and it also has that thing from Overwatch where anyone who does any damage to an enemy gets credit for the kill, so everyone has an absurdly high K/D, which is incredibly bitchmade. God forbid anyone have a K/D under 1, right? Skunts.

I srsly hate this trend, even Titanfall 2 hides player deaths on the scoreboard in most of the modes. It's useless feedback

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's also very stupid that the modern CODs don't have dedicated servers and also hide the player count so nobody plays anything but one or two modes to guarantee a quick match

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon hides all the data too on the in game scoreboard and combines kills/assists into one number but if you check the app it has all the real data for each game at least.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Cant wait to see what the portfolio planning team puts out over at the initiative

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Amd im glad to see toxic kd ratios become sn obscured digit of the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Amd im glad to see toxic kd ratios become sn obscured digit of the past

Lol

• Locked thread