Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

so this thread got archived which is an affront to all things decent

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682596&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

but yesterday trove finally grew up and became a man. you can access trove on steam now if you're willing to wait in line to get in (i'm told this is normal mmo behavior but i'm skeptical). it's still free to play so stop by and see what i spend all my time doing

byob has a club "bring your own blocks". If you're new and you want to join the club you need to message an officer while they're online. I'm very often online. I'm fluffduck. you message by typing /whisper fluffduck in the chat screen

xenorax is the only club officer who is on periodically. he's a games poster but we made him an honorary yobber and he's cool so you can message him if i'm not around. tell him you're a yobber and the duck said you're cool and he'll let you in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ron color
if fluffieduckie tells you a game is a man it's a dam man

Piso Mojado

YAY! Do our current characters move over?

FluffieDuckie

Piso Mojado posted:

YAY! Do our current characters move over?

yep

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

bacalou

i don't know how i feel about playing with a man

bacalou

i will assume Strongly

Piso Mojado

awesome! I quit playing when my windows computer went down, but I've been meaning to get back on. does it support voice chat yet?

FluffieDuckie

Piso Mojado posted:

awesome! I quit playing when my windows computer went down, but I've been meaning to get back on. does it support voice chat yet?

sure. all you have to do is log on to skype and call your friends

Piso Mojado

okay! I'll try not to blow up our hq as much this time.

FluffieDuckie

Piso Mojado posted:

okay! I'll try not to blow up our hq as much this time.

yeah i haven't been doing any of that since you guys have been away...

pig slut lisa

irl is good

congrats everyone. Someone can have my copy if they like

Scaly Haylie

neat. does anyone know anything about those DLCs?

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i need to add something to my steam wishlist...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Piso Mojado

Qwerinty posted:

i need to add something to my steam wishlist...

this is a good choice!

FluffieDuckie

Lizard Wizard posted:

neat. does anyone know anything about those DLCs?

i know things about the dlcs

FluffieDuckie

um it's free so putting on a wishlist is confusing to me

FluffieDuckie

FluffieDuckie posted:

except for the dlcs i guess

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

FluffieDuckie posted:

even on steam it's free? if that's the case i'm gonna add it to wishlist and then download, so i feel like i accomplished something

----------------

FluffieDuckie

Qwerinty posted:

even on steam it's free? if that's the case i'm gonna add it to wishlist and then download, so i feel like i accomplished something

yes

you go girl

cute anime girl

im gonna try it

cute anime girl

next year.

FluffieDuckie

ok i'll likely still be playing. i'll see you then

Scaly Haylie

FluffieDuckie posted:

i know things about the dlcs

please share. give me "the lowdown" on them.

FluffieDuckie

Lizard Wizard posted:

please share. give me "the lowdown" on them.

so there's the power pack. this is generally always available. you get

- 2 flask coins (buys health flasks or emblems to put on flasks. kind of useful but you can earn flasks and emblems pretty quickly)
- 3 pearls of wisdom for forging equipment (good jump start on forging stronger equipment. you'd have to work a while to pay for them yourself)
- 2000 each of primal blocks (useless: you can collect blocks anywhere for free)
- wings of phoenix (for flying. this is useful because you don't get your first wings until level 20 and flying rocks)
- ss trovian ship (for traveling on water. also useful but you can build ships pretty easy if you can stand fishing without dying of boredom)
- trovian supercycle mount (i think you can't get this without paying cash in a packet or as an individual purchase)
- some special helmet (useless vanity gear)

then there's the necrofancy pack. this is a limited time offer. you get

- the new tomb raider class. you can earn enough credits to buy this in a couple of weeks and you'll have your intro class to use to do it. so man up and earn your own class.
- 2 costumes. vanity gear.
- 2 mounts. at least one of those you might be only able to get with real cash idk
- 1 wings. also may be currently exclusive

you get experience points for most of that stuff so if you're chasing mastery you can get there faster by buying that stuff. but be a real man and earn your own mastery

in general the first one is a good boost when you're getting started and the second one is for those guys with excess dollars who have to be the first ones with all new stuff

tao of lmao

this is a very fun game if you can get a small group together and go exploring. highly recommended an you can't beat the price. also our clubworld owns and is the best.

Miss Psychosis

Add me on Trove. My username is MissPsychosis.

FluffieDuckie

Miss Psychosis posted:

Add me on Trove. My username is MissPsychosis.

strangely it says you're not online

Miss Psychosis

FluffieDuckie posted:

strangely it says you're not online

Oh? Try again in 5 minutes. My work router might be blocking my connection to the Trove Network.

FluffieDuckie

Miss Psychosis posted:

Oh? Try again in 5 minutes. My work router might be blocking my connection to the Trove Network.

lol

Piso Mojado

I think their servers are overloaded. I've been waiting in a queue for 15 min now. :[

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Piso Mojado posted:

I think their servers are overloaded. I've been waiting in a queue for 15 min now. :[

it didn't put me in a queue for downloading it. try adding to your wishlist first

----------------

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
it's free to play? that's snazzy.

----------------

joke_explainer

Does Trove have wiring and mechanics and stuff in it?

FluffieDuckie

Piso Mojado posted:

yes this is what i meant by "waiting in line to play"

they underestimated their popularity and are scrambling around trying to fix it. it's fine once you're in, it's just getting in that is awful.

joke_explainer posted:

Does Trove have wiring and mechanics and stuff in it?

no. but there's stacking blocks on top of each other so...

Piso Mojado

:peanut:

landy.
can I still play the old way

FluffieDuckie

landy. posted:

can I still play the old way

Yep. So many ways to trove

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
well i tried to play but it crashes and sends an error report when i try to launch it from the glyph launcher, oh well

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

2 many space games 2 play your silly block adventures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

CAT BRUSH posted:

well i tried to play but it crashes and sends an error report when i try to launch it from the glyph launcher, oh well

if you're going to give up the first 5 times there's a technical error you might not be trove material

• Locked thread