Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogdisaster

by Lowtax
when you quit smoking you gain the power to know who is a cat owner

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

UPS finally showed up, finally

alnilam

Hick Magnet posted:

UPS finally showed up, finally

another byob success story

deep dish peat moss

Today is Day 4 of No Cigarettes and the last 4 days feel like several weeks. The cravings are gone but a few times a day I'll start to go through the motions of getting up to go smoke and then remember that I don't smoke, and it feels like losing an old girlfriend every time. My sense of smell is back and now I know what my city smells like - mostly bad, sun-melted plastic and unwashed vagrant, but there are some areas that smell of flowers or coffee during my 5:30am walk. I've actually been having honest-to-god dreams consistently for the first time in almost two decades but I don't know if that's from quitting smoking or the Welbutrin. Last night I dreamed that I had a Jeep and I spent the entire dream driving people around my old neighborhood - at some point I lost the jeep and I went on a walk to find it, when I reached the park by my old house I found out it was replaced with a lake surrounded by jungle. Day 3 is supposed to be the peak w/r/t cravings and anxiety, it was a poo poo day but if every day moving forward is easier than that, I can do this.

saboten

Hick Magnet posted:

Today is Day 4 of No Cigarettes and the last 4 days feel like several weeks. The cravings are gone but a few times a day I'll start to go through the motions of getting up to go smoke and then remember that I don't smoke, and it feels like losing an old girlfriend every time. My sense of smell is back and now I know what my city smells like - mostly bad, sun-melted plastic and unwashed vagrant, but there are some areas that smell of flowers or coffee during my 5:30am walk. I've actually been having honest-to-god dreams consistently for the first time in almost two decades but I don't know if that's from quitting smoking or the Welbutrin. Last night I dreamed that I had a Jeep and I spent the entire dream driving people around my old neighborhood - at some point I lost the jeep and I went on a walk to find it, when I reached the park by my old house I found out it was replaced with a lake surrounded by jungle. Day 3 is supposed to be the peak w/r/t cravings and anxiety, it was a poo poo day but if every day moving forward is easier than that, I can do this.

im proud of you

thank u bacalou

deep dish peat moss

Day 4 has been really easy. Minimal cravings and I'm not cranky or having trouble focusing anymore.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

keep it up a.c. :toot:

alnilam

psl give us the bfc rundown here how much does hick magnets net future worth increase by quitting smoking

assume a discount rate of 6%

pig slut lisa

irl is good

alnilam posted:

psl give us the bfc rundown here how much does hick magnets net future worth increase by quitting smoking

assume a discount rate of 6%

if you invest $6 a day in a low cost broad stock market index fund like VTSMX for 10 years you will be about $32,000 ahead of where you would be if you had bought a $6 pack a day over that same period

deep dish peat moss

the after-work cigarette is a hard one to get over. Yikes

deep dish peat moss

pig slut lisa posted:

if you invest $6 a day in a low cost broad stock market index fund like VTSMX for 10 years you will be about $32,000 ahead of where you would be if you had bought a $6 pack a day over that same period

I wish I had been doing this ever since I started smoking.

deep dish peat moss

I just realized on page 1I said I quit smoking a week ago, but that's when I started taking the Welbutrin. I don't even know why I said that.

Bukowski

hammulder
I made it almost 2 days but my girl wanted to get drunk by the river and she had cigarettes.... sigh

At least it was a chill rear end time. Okay! Let's try this again!

mycophobia
I'm two years quit. I still get a little mini craving when I'm around a smoker sometimes but there is absolutely nothing within reason that will make me even hit a cigarette ever again. What I'm saying is that it gets way easier but it's very gradual and requires patience. keep it up

deep dish peat moss

Today was day 5 and it was easy as hell. No cravings, didn't even think about smoking until I left work and the thought was gone by the time I got home. This is the easiest addiction I've ever kicked. This is actually easier than the time I quit smoking weed after a year of nonstop 24/7 dabbing.

deep dish peat moss

I used to smoke half a cigarette at a time and then save the other half for later. For the past 8 years I've been smoking a pack a day. It took me about 3 minutes to smoke half a cig. I did the math and I was spending approximately 120 minutes per day smoking cigarettes. Over the course of one year, this is over 700 hours. It's a lot of extra free time to have every day, holy smokes. Over the last 8 years I've spent about 242 full, 24 hour days smoking cigarettes. I wish I could have that time back.

deep dish peat moss

I want to quit my job and become a quit smoking counselor because of how pumped up I am.

alnilam

Hick Magnet posted:

holy smokes

:(

deep dish peat moss

Today was day 6 and I stopped taking the welbutrin and still have no desire to smoke. I hung out with smokers today and didn't want one.

deep dish peat moss

I hear day 7 is hard because it's your first big milestone which will make you want to celebrate and celebration is probably a cue that made you want to smoke but I know it's going to be easy too.

alnilam

:peanut:

deep dish peat moss

Seeing as I've already saved myself $39 this week by not smoking for 6 days I am going to buy myself a pizza or something. I could get used to this... being rich as gently caress

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Hick Magnet posted:

Seeing as I've already saved myself $39 this week by not smoking for 6 days I am going to buy myself a pizza or something. I could get used to this... being rich as gently caress

you deserve a non-tobacco prize

Kazvall

Man, if Hick Magnet can do it SO CAN I!

deep dish peat moss

All you have to do is survive 3 lousy days and the rest is a piece of cake

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
i tried to smoke habitually but i never picked it up. i would go for a smoke break and smoke at work but it never really stuck.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
mags

I am a congenital optimist.
one of my life's many regrets

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
deep dish peat moss

Today is day 9 or whatever and I don't even think about it anymore

verily carefree

Hick Magnet posted:

Today is day 9 or whatever and I don't even think about it anymore

*in sexy voice* That's the weed number

Bukowski

hammulder
Morning of day 5, I feel like today might be the day i stop coughing so loving much.

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
The real trick to quitting smoking is not buying cigarettes.

Be extra mindful when shopping. If you're in a bad mood you'll want to get consolation smokes. If you're in a good mood you'll want to reward yourself with smokes.

Just remember, your brain is as smart as you are and it will try to trick you into buying smokes any way it can.

e:
When I notice my brain doing this I typically say "hah, nice try brain! I'm going to treat myself with salmiakki instead!"

I don't say it out loud though. Not any more

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jul 19, 2015

pig slut lisa

irl is good

how;s everyone doing w their goals

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

pig slut lisa posted:

how;s everyone doing w their goals

i kicked the habit dead center between the goalposts, winning the game

----------------

Bukowski

hammulder
yeah i dont wanna smoke cigs anymore and i only cough because of the weed that lives in my lungs

"10-4 lil buddy my man doobie has a good hot dog go get er next time yer haulin through bama"

deep dish peat moss

Last weekend I bought three Prime Times and made little spliffs to smoke while walking around town and so this week I had a couple short cravings but I haven't smoked or had any interest in smoking tobacco. It's sort of like getting a tattoo, even if it hurts you're going to finish it because the finished product is so exciting.

I think I'm going to do the Prime Time Spliffs again, maybe 1 or 2 a week because they make me feel like I'm in High School again but I consider myself as having successfully quit smoking

deep dish peat moss

I stopped keeping track of how many days after the first week, but today is day 17 I think.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

proud of my pals itt

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i feel the op's pain, I've been waiting on FedEx for 4 hours and not smoking, a delicious coffee shop and southern cooking place literally no more than 15 yards to my right, phone almost dead, and the smells for sure being enhanced by secret FedEx employees to trick me. my faith sustains me

----------------

deep dish peat moss

I've been having a lot of cravings today and the current one has persisted for almost 30 minutes. I'm not sure why but I'm pretty confident that I won't break down and buy a pack. I've been tempted to bum one off of a coworker but that sounds like a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

I quit completely this year around Jan. After that many days you stop struggling with it but you can still get intense nostalgia and miss it sometimes, triggered seemingly randomly. But just learn to ignore that and I think you're good forever. Smoked for years, vaped for like a year instead then quit. So far so good for 7 months or something.

• Locked thread