Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Alright I bought Hades. It better be loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

its pretty much a perfect switch game, runs are short and the rooms are small enough the smaller screen doesnt usually matter. idk, im just glad i waited until after early access

It was worth picking up in early access because they had a lot of fun with it and tied it into the plot really well. lots of great lines from Hades about how he was caught up in ongoing renovations and the placeholder endings were v charming. I realise this sounds very lame when I describe it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My switch is hacked Uncle at Nintendo style
:filez::fuckoff:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's Bob-tier trash mate. You got played.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fartlancer posted:

playing metroid prime 3 to pump myself up for metroid prime 4 which is coming out VERY soon

the nunchuck whip is my favorite dumb Wii gimmick from any game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

It's Bob-tier trash mate. You got played.

Don’t listen to him Synthy. Hades has the official NCS seal of approval. You’re in for a good time, in other words.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I beat the first boss, game seems good

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it loving opwns

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The animations are Swaggy.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Will be picking it up for switch as well once cross saves comes out. It's so good.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Mario 64

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

This year for Mario's birthday I'm playing Mario 3

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Played Hades for like 4 hours today, game is cool. I'm enjoying unlocking things and there's only 1 weapon I don't really enjoy using. I haven't got the 8 key weapon yet so that's my next goal. I just had a godly bow run with special+doom combo that brought me into Zone 3. I think armor piercing is the way to go in this game, makes the 2nd area so much easier. :hai:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i got gold in the bullring on tony hawk 1+2, i got about 7 goals and like 5 stat points left to get. now playing mario galaxy 2, im in the middle of world 3 and the comets started showing up. i like this game but not as much as galaxy 1, the music isnt as good

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some cozy death stranding

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Wandering around on foot in RDR2, playing poker and punching dudes that look at me funny

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Morning coffee at 2pm and majoras mask before the beach

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

New black ops feels so good, maybe better than MW 2019, but I can't get over the psychic damage of the announcer guy being like "Make the CIA proud, gamer!"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Having to do a captcha before each round to click every tile where there’s a terrorist and it was just a pic of college students on a pamphlet was weird but the shotgun feels so good to use imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Having to do a captcha before each round to click every tile where there’s a terrorist and it was just a pic of college students on a pamphlet was weird
I can't tell if this is a bit or genuine lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's weird seeing which stars suddenly give me trouble in Mario 64, like all of a sudden the loving penguin race took me a couple of tries and I keep calling off the roof in big boos balcony

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

it's weird seeing which stars suddenly give me trouble in Mario 64, like all of a sudden the loving penguin race took me a couple of tries and I keep calling off the roof in big boos balcony

Getting the snowman’s body to run into his head took me an embarrassingly long time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

Getting the snowman’s body to run into his head took me an embarrassingly long time

Yeah I have no idea how I managed to work that one out when I was 5

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Casual THPS1+2 gap hunting. It's not nearly as tedious or frustrating as I'd imagined, and it's amazing just how many of the locations were locked away deep in my brain from 20 years ago. I have a feeling that might change when I move to the THPS1 levels though. I didn't play those nearly as much back then.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

A couple Hades runs and now I’m back on Octopath. Also installing the Cold War alpha to check it out, and I had a dream about Monster Hunter last night that makes me want to reinstall World so probably some of that too. Busy gamer day

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

McCafe and MTG

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

lol I was.afraid of that one because I knew it took me forever the actual first time I played, but I got it on the first try.

and like, I did the tough jumps to get to the invisible eye without blinking (accidentally out of order, I thought it was the secret library), but i fell off the roof trying to get the balcony star so many times, I finally had to just go to bed

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

New Ori on switch is nice. It’s cool they give you a sword.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

Having to do a captcha before each round to click every tile where there’s a terrorist and it was just a pic of college students on a pamphlet was weird but the shotgun feels so good to use imo

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I decided to pick up Hades and it’s badass

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hades and mario. sm64 is so drat good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm glad everyone is getting into Hades. More Mario 64 for me and maybe some Shadow of War.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
College football and dinking around on my island in AC while I procrastinate IRL chores.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

College football and dinking around on my island in AC while I procrastinate IRL chores.

Been doing laundry between Hades runs.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
every time i get a new weapon in hades i think i won't like it and it ends up being my new favorite weapon. i hate weapons where you have to charge up but the bow is so ownage

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I stopped playing Hades in EA right before they added the ice lady. Might start playing again.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fartlancer posted:

playing metroid prime 3 to pump myself up for metroid prime 4 which is coming out VERY soon

Enjoy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hades is fun but like everyother supergiant game its being treated like a world historical event for some reason. Unlike bastian and transistor which are nice looking but bad, this one is nice looking and good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

Hades is fun but like everyother supergiant game its being treated like a world historical event for some reason. Unlike bastian and transistor which are nice looking but bad, this one is nice looking and good

Yeah I don't get why they're put on this massive pedestal. It's a pretty, fun game with decent writing and Pyre was ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FF3 and FF7R