Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
trying to play mega man x just made me want to play old megaman so im playing megaman 3 with a chinese multicart that will hopefully not cause my nes to catch fire from trying to draw too much power from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mega Man ftw. How are the Zero/ZX games. The Switch collection is on sale

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Been on a sports gambling roller coaster for the past two days (don't worry, I'm up) and need to calm the nerves so I'm playing some Pilotwings 64 because Lumpy posted a render of the pilots and it reminded me how cool the game was.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Paper Mario 1

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I’m finding the stages in MMX pretty easy but the bosses are fisting my butthole.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

attempting Node 100 in Mind Control Delete :pray:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Amnesia while hungover

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i beat top man, snake man, hard man and magnet man, so far apparently none in the correct order

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Mega Man 3 has some hosed up boss order anyway so you need to kill at least two bosses with the mega buster. As far as I know it's the only Mega Man game where this is the case.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

remembering in training and this guy

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

remembering in training and this guy

i beat him just now. used the mega buster and 2 e tanks :P

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mega man x owns because you can easily beat it without losing a single life, it's just a cozy game you can fire up and spend an hour coasting through without thinking, but it doesn't feel cheap or stupid somehow. you like MIGHT need to use a tank at the final boss. play it like four times and you can get through the intro stage, chill penguin and storm eagle without taking damage (except for the scripted Vile fight).

mega man 2 and 3 are the sweet spot though. beating a stage without using save states feels reeeeeally good in both of them.

anyway, my wife might have to go to the hospital, they're taking blood tests, so Mario will have to wait.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

basically mega man x exists to make everyone feel like a speedrunner, you play it to beat your previous records and to curse at the fact that the spider bot made you miss your PB.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I was comfy right up until Armored Armadillo started smacking me around but I’m gonna recharge with Sopranos and some breakfast sandwich and get him in a bit. Hope everything is okay with your wife.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

basically mega man x exists to make everyone feel like a speedrunner, you play it to beat your previous records and to curse at the fact that the spider bot made you miss your PB.

That spider boss is why I stop playing the game once I reach Sigma's Fortress. gently caress that thing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kongming posted:

That spider boss is why I stop playing the game once I reach Sigma's Fortress. gently caress that thing.
https://clips.twitch.tv/AnnoyingProudSushiOSfrog

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hes so mentally illegal r-worded and i love it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

played 4 hours of Mario's Super Picross today

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the water should go directly straight down right wait what happened

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are Kuwangers real animals?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

Are Kuwangers real animals?

It comes from kuwagata, the Japanese word for stag beetle. That’s why he’s got those “horns”

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cheers

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Morning 1pm coffee and Psychonauts. Trying to get all the figments in Milla’s dance party is so tricky because they blend in so much

It’s a bank holiday

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It comes from kuwagata, the Japanese word for stag beetle. That’s why he’s got those “horns”

whoa cool. i always thought he was supposed to be some kind of bull

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Morning coffee and Mario 64

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Just started RE2 remake but it's getting too scary.

Now I'm playing Inside. It's good

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Stopped FF6 yesterday in front of the opera house so I’m excited for some feels gaming.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Baldur's Gate. I'm ignoring the decades of meta and optimized powergaming BeforeIPlay nonsense and just wandering around like I'm playing it for the first time and I'm having a blast.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i finished the mario run of mario galaxy last night (spooky ghost ship and melty molten were my last two purple coin stars, which were a relaxing end). started luigi, but i think i might take an age of calamity break before doing the full luigi run.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shenmue III, think I'm almost done sadly ...

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
First time playing No More Heroes

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The checkpoints don’t save your game only sitting on the toilet does FYI

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fe awakening hard mode, and some phantasy star 4

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Finishing up devil summoner raido kuzunona and the soulless army

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ni no kuni: wrath of the white witch and doin halloween stuff. ni no kuni is really fuckin good, it's exactly scratching my dragon quest itch

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Baldur's Gate. I'm ignoring the decades of meta and optimized powergaming BeforeIPlay nonsense and just wandering around like I'm playing it for the first time and I'm having a blast.

man, good poo poo. what version are you playing?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fungah! posted:

ni no kuni: wrath of the white witch and doin halloween stuff. ni no kuni is really fuckin good, it's exactly scratching my dragon quest itch

It’s so good, scratches the Pokémon itch too if anyone has that form of AIDS like me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spooking it up with The Evil Within 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh also going to be playing the Rollback Beta of guilty gear +r as much as possible, this game kicks rear end and the new netcode is impeccable