Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I want to try a new game tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

01011001 posted:

do you have any you've been sitting on but not yet played

No I wanna buy something new

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Have you tried Valkyria Chronicles

Yes it was really good

I'm told that I should try either Ronin or Axiom Verge

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

axiom verge is insanely good btw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

im watching professional Dota 2

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm enjoying the new Call of Duty multiplayer beta

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

im spending labor day with my cousins so serious gaming is on hold

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

01011001 posted:

age of decadence

nice

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

As soon as I get home from work it's definitely gonna be Isaac

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Probably blops 3 when I get home

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

2 sad about france

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finishing Undertale

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Some Darkest Dungeon tonight I think

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Firing up a new Total War: Warhammer 2 campaign, gonna crush elves and rat men with an army of dinosaurs

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Probably some Total War: Warhammer 2 and then Battlefield 1, op

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

electronic arts and dice present star wars battlefront 2

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’ve got a long train ride so it’s gonna be a switch-fest tonight. Mario, skyrim, and maybe some shovel knight

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

transistor. it's pretty neat

I liked it. I had high hopes after bastion, and it wasn't quite as good, but supergiant make solid games with amazing art and scores.

Highly recommend trying Pyre if you haven't yet, its gameplay is hard to describe, kind of like fantasy handball? But it has one of the most interesting twists on the party mechanic that I've ever seen

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

I'm playing Zelda and every time I want to look stuff up I remember In Trainings tale from the Salty Moments thread where he used a strategy guide to blow through Pikmin in an afternoon and then cried himself to sleep.

It’s not worth looking anything up, try everything you think of

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

also, switch to the minimal hud, the games way better for it imho

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Champions ballad

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

started burial at sea. I don't know if I'll be able to finish it

The best part is the start when you get to walk through pre-collapse rapture

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

When bioshock 1 came out I was on summer vacation with my parents, and the house we were in only had an old CRT in the attic. I brought up my xbox but there was awful glare from really high windows, so I propped some old mattresses up against the wall to block them and our neighbors across the street thought a paranoid conspiracy theorist was renting the place because all night long they could see light coming through the mattressed windows

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

poo poo, nice

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Total War: Warhammer 2, BotW, Star Wars Battlefront 2

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

What the gently caress... In Training is white?!

spreadsheet updated

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bloodborne. Gonna be working through the fishing hamlet and trying to take down either Laurence or defiled watchdog

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FFXIV is a fascinating game, if only because it’s the only game I can think of that was so unsalvageably bad at launch that they canonically destroyed the in game world and rebuilt the entire game and it actually turned out great

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The NPC summons were a lifesaver on NG+ Shadow of Yharnam

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Also doing a second Bloodborne playthrough, time to give a bloodtinge build a spin.

Transformed Chikage vs 2nd phase Lady Maria is basically peak Bloodborne

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

my favorite boss battle in the dlc hands down and I used that weapon

it’s so good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I never played shadow of the colossus, is the hd reremake or whatever worth picking up?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Beat the ps4 Shadow of Colossus over the weekend, never played it before. Pretty drat cool, and the ending was surprisingly strong. The cool colossuses were absolutely stunning, idk how much of it is the updated graphics but the draw distance and scale of everything is insane. Definitely still some ps2 jank though, even with remapped controls the climbing still falls apart every now and then, and everything involving climbing around a hand can gently caress off. Also I’m down with not overly explaining things but some horse tips would’ve been nice. I didn’t realize you could turn at full speed by tapping run until like the 9th fight, I just thought you had to trot everywhere that wasn’t an open field.

Favorite fight: flying sand snake
Worst fight: the second armored cat/dog thing where you’re just knocking down pillars for 8 minutes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Jumping onto that wing is the most thrilling thing ever

loving this.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Spoderman posted:

Going to play BOTW for the first time

Hell yeah

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have been using a Skill/Bloodtinge character for my latest Bloodborne run and I have come to the conclusion that the weapons are not as fun as Strength/Arcane.

It sucks that the Scythe is basically just for NG+ since it’s easily my favorite bloodborne weapon

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

I just don’t think it has a very exciting move set.

I actually just grabbed it from a hacked dungeon and it is by far the coolest weapon I have. I just got the Blades Of Mercy too and they seem pretty good.

The scythe’s 2h charged R2 and L2 combo are the most satisfying moves of any dex weapon

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RDR2 is prolly my most looked forward to game of 2018

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Vermintide 2, Battlefield 1, and maybe some Total War: Warhammer 2

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Been playing a fair bunch of Spy Party because the Giant Bomb quick look reminded me it got a lot of content added since I last played 2 years ago. Its coming to steam in a week but you can get it for 15 bucks if anyone wants to try it. I like it.

Holy poo poo that game is still in development? I think I read a thread here about it in like 2010 or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

This sounds like a ton of fun.

It’s one of those games that’s simple in concept but then you’re doing your best to blend in and have like one objective left and the sniper bead is just following you around and it’s one of the most intense gaming moments I’ve ever played