Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King for the Nintendo 3DS :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The girlfriend and I will be playing some resi 4 :cheers:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Super Mario Odyssey for me, OP

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

happy gaming to all imps this weekend

And you as well :tipshat:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Slowly making my way through the Ubisoft Prince of Persia games. It’s Friday night and I’m wasting my life playing PoP 2008

I remember this game being good when I was 17 :shrug:
Idk what the deal is but the PS3 version just feels completely unresponsive in 2018

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Kirby’s Adventure :D

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Rushi posted:

yah I think I'm gonna steal the above kirby's adventure idea

Its good

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Dragon Quest IV methinks

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

picked up Burnout Paradise Remastered last night, so that

its been so long since i've played this i forgot theres no race barriers, pretty wild

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Yeah some of the races I’ve done if I take a different route from the AI it’s not very exciting

Wouldn’t say I hate it, but this might have been why I bounced off of it before

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Just picked up Stardew for Switch, gonna hang with it, but the start of this game seems real slow. Like waiting 4 days for my parsnips to grow and trying to track everyone down to greet them with a super slow run speed.

I think once my farm gets off the ground and it'll get more interesting

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ori and the Blind Forest has become my go to Saturday morning game :thumbsup:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

man Titanfall 2’s campaign is so unexpectedly good so far. I heard it was good but never why and it’s just really blowing me away. The mission with the time travel watch :discourse:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I wanna get started on Kirby Superstar and Ni No Kuni 1 tonight.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

The only times I thought the 15 combat was bad was during a particular boss in the back 1/3 of the game, and any time the camera would get caught up in bushy areas. Otherwise zipping around everywhere felt awesome to me. Hopefully you’ll get more comfortable with it as you go.

Not lookin to start a flame war here but XVs combat is pretty shallow

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Magic being consumable items you have to craft totally loving sucks so I never got to use magic as often as I wanted

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

I played some YS 8 but I dunno, I'm not really feeling it. It's very pretty but I miss having towns and stuff to visit.

sounds like the opposite of Memories of Celceta, which I’m playing through now, so that’s good. you can’t take two reps in that game without being interrupted by 20 minutes of dialogue

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ys: Memories of Celceta and Banjo Kazooie

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ori and the Blind Forest is good saturday morning feels

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

A lil Sunday morning' Banjo Kazooie :cheers:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

started Wild Arms this week. Hadn’t played it before but it’s incredible how good this game still looks to this day. And I was blown away by how you can just walk into houses and shops and the map transitions were just instant for this old rear end PS1 game

So I’m gonna be playing a lot of that this weekend

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Picked up Hyrule Warriors last night so gonna play that, Wild Arms, and Super Metroid this fine evening :cheers:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Gotta collect the rest of the Jiggies in Banjo Kazooie so I can take down Grunty

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

goferchan posted:

Yakuza 6 now . Is hard mode more fun than normal if I never played these game before ? I'm like 5 minutes in and the direction of the cutscenes is so bad rear end

I haven’t played any of the Yakuza games on hard tbh. But on normal a lot of the bosses are a pain to fight. They’re very spongy, they can block almost everything and they have bullshit moves that stun you or knock you down, and 6 is no exception. I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re not a master of the combat system

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

that said 6 is probably the best one in that regard. I haven't finished it yet, so idk about the later bosses, but the ones so far haven't made me want to pull my hair out yet like some of the other games

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've had trouble tracking down earlier Yakuza games, but I have Yakuza 4 downloading on my PS3 right now. I'm planning to play that, then 5, then do 0 and Kiwami before I do 6. People who have played, does that order make any sense?

I played 5 -> 0 -> Kiwami -> 4 -> 6

i didn't make much sense of the story in 5, so playing 0 and Kiwami first are probably better. but they make going back to the ps3 games hard since they play so much better.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

probably gonna start up the new Doom tonight
maybe play some Ryse tonight too, not really enjoying it. I wanted to like it, but the combat is really dull and repetitive, its short enough i'll probably knock it out tho

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I played Ryse for 15 minutes. It was disgusting

the setting is cool and is what drew me to it, but yea the combat is very assassins creed 2, but somehow worse
its all about waiting for people to attack and parrying them into instant-death executions, but the executions are all QTEs that take far too long. at least you can stop paying attention and screw up the QTEs on purpose and it still kills the guy anyway, i think you just get less bonus xp

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Picked up the Final Fantasy XV DLC episodes. gonna start with episode Gladioulus

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Starting Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology tonight

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

fadam posted:

I'm gonna play hella Assassin's Creed Origins tonight, this game is sick!

I regret not buying the other 13 games in the series during the Steam sale.

Same here fellow gamer
I’ve been idly working toward he platinum achievement the last couple weeks

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

FFXV: Episode Ignis

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ni No Kuni 2 and Danganronpa 1

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

finished off the platinum cheevo for assassin's creed origins and immediately uninstalled lol

it was a fun game and i enjoyed it a lot, but i've had my fill
I'll probably do it all over again when Odyssey comes out

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ace Attorney: Justice for All and Ni No Kuni 2

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Coffee and super Mario world :cheers:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Hollow Knight for Switch

Bought this when it came out but hadn’t gotten to it until now. Im very excited for this

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Coming back to Yakuza 6 to clear up all the side stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Phone version is surprisingly good too, believe it or not.

ya it’s the DS version just with touch controls if you can handle that