Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

a post-game refractory period is an underrated experience. your feelings are valid.

I just finished FF6 again and I'm feeling euphoric. What an ending. No more gaming until tomorrow, or maybe even Monday...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

LTTP and Super Mario RPG. New files on each on this nice chill rainy night.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

The battery in my Link to the Past cartridge has finally died after starting that new file on Saturday. Mario RPG is still holding on though with both the new file and my original 1996 endgame saves.

Yesterday I did powerful SNES gaming for a continuous 8 hours. Those two above games, then Demon's Crest, Contra 3, Super Metroid, Clock Tower, SF2 Turbo, Star Fox, Donkey Kong Country.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

mycophobia posted:

a year ago or something i lost a pretty big metropolis in simcity due to battery death. be careful you're playing with fire..

I have a SD2SNES so I could throw the roms on there and not worry about it ever again, but Id like to preserve my classic saves. This guy managed to replace a cart battery without losing the save by routing temporary additional power via some double A batteries.

https://youtu.be/N7I-oLD6Iyg

I don't know if I'll go that far but cool to see regardless.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Vodka and Super Mario RPG, maybe some FFXIV.

Thinking of playing some Max Payne 1 again soon. That game is 20 years old as of last week !

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Reaverbot posted:

taking a break from lunar to start a new FF1 game.

Sick. Which version?

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Hang On GP 95, going for the gold on all tracks. Then Virtua Fighter and Shinobi X.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Vampire Savior and Die Hard Arcade. I've been playing nothing but Saturn games lately. Wish I checked this system out while the games were still reasonably priced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What's the best way to play the original Deus Ex nowadays? Is there a good source port or something

I really like GMDX, has only the most faithful graphics upgrades built in plus some really nice gameplay tweaks like mantling and better gun mechanics plus other stuff. I played version 9 and it was awesome, there's a version 10 made by some other people not sure what that changes though.

I spent all weekend rebuilding my retro setup, and spent most of tonight playing a bunch of Genesis games: Sonic, Golden axe 2, Light Crusader, Streets of rage, and some other stuff