Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

beepstreet posted:

I bought some Nikes, went to the local barcade, played LOTR pinball and got smoked by my bud as usual, played through the Xmen arcade game, then went home and got sick till 4am.

LOTR pinball is so good and the one bar where I used to live that had it did a poo poo job with maintenance and the flippers weren't strong enough to ever make the ring shot. There was also a Simpsons Pinball Party where none of the upper flippers worked . loving tragedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Almost finished Virtues Last Reward :staredog:
cant wait to wrap this up

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

well it takes some big balls to admit that

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

my friend surprised me w/ busch garden tickets for this weekend so i wont be able to play much tho. have a good weekend gamers

oh hell yeah lol. Busch gardens rules

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bow, cuck.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Im gonna play Bayo2 and I just realized I skipped like over half of the weapons in the game because they're hidden behind optional verses. I was wondering why it was taking so long for new ones to show up lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man I would kill for a portable version of DROD...... maybe it would be a little awkward on a phone because it's so dependent on the numpad stuff but it's turn based so who cares how clunky it is. I love the mechanics but it feels more like the perfect coffee shop game than something I'd wanna hunker down with for a long play session at the computer.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Theres a pretty good starship troopers game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CGqD7UQYnk

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I don't know where else to put this but Pac Man Championship Edition 2's existence leaked this weekend.

Hate to bump this on a Tuesday but have you played Pix the Cat? It was a PS+ free game a while back so you might already have it and not know. It's a little different but really good and scratches the Pac Man CE itch and has the same wall-grinding mechanics and puts me into that same hypnotic state as CE did... Play on PS4 though because the Vita version can get choppy when there's a lot of stuff onscreen and framerate drops basically mean instant death

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

BoxBoxBoy time over here.... Let's do this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Made it to like World 6 and BoxBoxBoy is good but I hope it gets harder later-on than BoxBoy did. So far it's just basically been the same mechanics from the original game getting reintroduced in the same order but it's fun how much being able to spawn two sets of boxes at once expands the opportunity for puzzles. One or two of the crowns have made me feel a little clever for grabbing them but for the most part the game's been really easy. Either way it's charming and relaxing and a total steal for $5 -- I just wish there were a level editor because with the elements they provide you could come up with some truly devious poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I never played HR and don't have a PS3/360/PC anymore ............ Would be cool if they did like South Park/Dishonored 2 and gave you a PS4 version of the old game for preordering the sequel, i really wanna try it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I had sex instead of gaming.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

If you cant derp with the klurfs please get out of the friday night gaming thread. Content. I think I'm gonna pick Patapon 2 back up when I get out of work, I played the poo poo out of it back at launch but when I redownloaded it I got a little bored with the difficulty curve of the first few missions before you get all the different commands and all the RPG elements open up. Was anybody else looking forward to Patapon 3 back in the day and as completely crushed as I was ?? Talk about missing the point of a series ..... For me it's up there with the most disappointing sequels ever

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

the most disappointing sequel ever is hotline miami 2.

Oh lol I forgot about that and I only suffered through it based on the strength of the first game and I'm never gonna play it again. Honestly its kind of along the same lines as Patapon 3 where it makes u wonder if the formula that the devs nailed previously was just something they stumbled upon by accident in the other game(s) and weren't able to recreate it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I just set up my new badass gaming room in my new house, earlier I was playing Link To The Past and I am almost done with that and I am also playing Box Box Boy and Hyrule Warriors. Gaming is good.

drat I think the new Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC came out today..... I don't have the base Adventure maps finished let alone the Wind Waker expansion map that already came out. They're pumping out a ton of content but they're doing it faster than I can keep up with

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh my god the dive bar on the same block where I work just got a mint condition Bride of Pinbot and I'm never making it home before 2AM again

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also a Samurai Showdown III cabinet jesus christ

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Is it fascism yet posted:

if i dislike ikaruga and radiant silvergun will i like this?

More like Contra or Metal Slug but still kinda different. Play co-op if possible

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

If any derpy contard PS4 owners are waiting for the new PS+ games to drop on tuesday , things are potentially looking good. One of the "free" games is some saints row spinoff that I assume is garbage but the other one, Furi, is a brand new bullet hell boss rush twin stick shooter that looks incredibly good and sadistically difficult from the previews .

Also has a bunch of really really good names doing the soundtrack (which will have some dynamic elements as you fight your way thru different boss phases) but if you don't know or care about EDM just understand that it will probably sound a lot like Hotline Miami. I have my hopes up pretty high for this game and apparently there's also some serious leaderboard/score attack functionality so if it ends up being as truly sick as it looks let's all please add each other and compete for scores. A year or two ago I had a pretty good group of Trials/Resogun players on my friends list and I found it incredibly gratifying to go back and forth trying to beat everyone's record. It's honestly pretty surprising how intense and competitive that kind of assymetrical multiplayer action can get

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Like maybe I'll be wrong and it's gonna suck but this video of the first fight in the game looks fuckin awesome . Skip to like 2:30 if you want to avoid all the opening story stuff and don't be intimidated by the fact that the video is like 10 minutes long because the boss attack patterns escalate drastically over the course of the fight and it makes me really stoked for how the rest of the games gonna play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN6VDd7t9yM

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah especially considering that (A) that's the game's opening tutorial fight and (B) it's free at launch for PS+ subscribers I'm pretty glad to be a gamer. Those boss bullet patterns at the 9:00 mark or so where the player is alternating between chewing through them with their own shots and doing that warp dodge to get past them looks incredibly fun

Edit: also the video doesn't rly make it clear but from the reviews I've read it sounds like it's sorta structured similarily to "character action" games like bayonetta or devil may cry in that you've got a pretty beefy health bar and have to gently caress up pretty badly to get a game over (even though it's still a potential risk) and the challenge lies moreso in completing fights quickly and efficiently while taking minimal damage so you can get good scores in the ranking system . Trying to keep my hype under control over here but man if they can deliver with this game it's gonna hit all my sweet spots and it could potentially be something I play and replay for a really long time

goferchan fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 5, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

i dont get why devs think walky talky parts are still worth doing, a cutscene would be better even if it does take control away from the player

Haven't played Deus Ex HR yet so not sure if this comparison is relevant but the dialogue system in the Lucasarts Indiana Jones game was loving awesome (not the one based on the movie , but the later original one about Atlantis) and tricking/manipulating people via dialogue options always felt like a very good puzzle but if you failed at that there was almost always the option to just kick their rear end in combat or to solve some environmental puzzle to bypass the confrontation entirely . It's been a long time since I've played it and maybe it doesn't hold up but I have very fond memories of it. I'm pretty sure it released right around when the Adventure Game formula was starting to feel really stale and the multiple paths through the game and the way you had 2 or 3 different ways to "solve" any confrontation was really cool.

Honestly the only game to pull off something similar since then was probably Alpha Protocol with its James Bond/Jack Bauer/Jason Bourne trichotomy with regard to decision making

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

When I get off work I'm gonna crack a big beer and double down on Mario 3D World and I can't wait

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Until Dawn is 20 bucks on Amazon. I was thinking of picking that up for a nice feels experience, but I'm not sure if it's more Last of Us or Walking Dead. Help me out, gamers?

More Walking Dead but closer to the David Cage games than that. It's real fun though, I think $20 is a great price if you like that kind of game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

:cheers: haven't been able to play much today so I'm just starting my first HR2 quests but let's exchange friend codes .... 4098-4646-0443 here . Didn't gently caress around with online multiplayer much in 4U but I would love to start now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

No Such Thing posted:

If fez was a straight platformer with the cool flipping around gimmick it would be a great game because it looks nice and has good sounds. But the puzzles are godawful.

Whoa. I thought the platforming was kinda sloppy but I loved all the anti-cube puzzles up until the last couple impossible ones. Surprised Im not with the imp zone zeitgeist on this one

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

i know nothing about fez other than the developer of it being a pompous rear end in a top hat who totally flipped his poo poo when some people didnt like the game that much

It's on PSN/Steam on sale sometimes for less than $5 and at least at that price I think it's worth checking out if you like puzzle platformers. All the better if you're going into it and don't know anything

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh yeah speaking of Fez am I the only person in the world who has played Toki Tori 2? I got stuck and I need to pick it back up but it's a really weird and big and challenging open world sidescrolling puzzle game and from what I played it's pretty good. Never heard anybody talk about it though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao. I forgot it was a Wii U exclusive originally and sold terribly , that's probably why there's barely any mention of it online. I think it bombed hard enough that the studio dissolved afterwards which is really sad, from what I've played the game is great

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Do y'all think I Am Setsuna is gonna be good? Seems like it could hit all the right Chrono Trigger feels but I don't wanna get my hopes up .

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Workin all night but Snakebird is on phones now so probably as much of that as I can get away with . This is maybe the most brutal puzzle game I've ever played

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Nuclear Throne (PS4). I still have been able to beat 5-3.

I don't remember the level numbers but if that's the Lil Hunter boss level then yeah.... I have 3, maybe 4 attempts where I killed him and simultaneously died but never survived and made it to next zone

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

qnqnx posted:

Isn't that version exceptionally buggy?

It's not that bad but I've had a few crashes. If they happened when I was having a good run I can imagine it being infuriating tho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

bout to beat the last boss of Hyper Light Drifter. good game, I'm not as in love with it as I was for the first couple hours now that I've figured out the pattern to finding secrets and stuff (it's hard to nail down but it doesn't feel as organic as the way discovering stuff did in Super Metroid and Zelda) but the combat is satisfying and the music and art are all great. still very glad I bought it. I will probably wrap up some of the optional side stuff but not all of it because there's WAY too much of it and it would drive me craz

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

first Friday night off in like a year lol .... gonna spend this rainy afternoon playing Life Is Strange and then who knows. is tricky towers worth the download? if the online MP is fun I'll check that out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

is Evil Within + all DLC worth it at $20?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

calculords is way better than it should be and there's a sequel in development that looks extremely fuckin cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's awesome, I liked Calculords but it could definitely have been expanded. Plus you could walk over most of the game just by pushing opponents into their base with a single big line of guys.

yeah the first game was fun but you could break it pretty easily. they're making a big deal out of cross platform PVP for the sequel so hopefully the mechanics will be a little more refined

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Is it fascism yet posted:

Dont play Rogue Legacy it's literally the worst game.

I hate Rogue Legacy so much lol. The level generation sucks and the enemy variety gets stale and the upgrades are really boring and just give you stuff like +0.5 critical chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

But he just can't stop watching martial arts movies on the weird pirate channels on there so... Hell... Give's him some solace in life I guess.

Good to see you looking out for your old man.