Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Firstborn posted:

This trailer looks good, I just have a few issues:

1.- I'm frankly tired of aging action guys getting joked on about being old. Reading Bruce's book and stuff it's very clear that both he and Raimi think Ash is a loser, but Bruce is now playing it very wink-wink, and I don't know how I feel about that.
2.- Half hour episodes.

Still, I'm in. Excellent trailer.

E: I also wasn't sold on Ash having so many sidekicks, but I guess he needs someone to bounce lines off.

I actually think it's better the series is sticking to "Ash is a loser," it would be way too easy to pander to teenage nostalgia and make him a badass instead of a half-wit great at both stumbling into deadite horrors and then killing them.

At least as far back as Duke Nukem 3D Campbell was expressing that view of Ash is only fun if played for laughs.

Also I think having more folks lets you play off that Ash is getting older. I mean I view the aging thing at least in what we've seen as the trailer less the Expendables/Die Hard route of every action franchise still desperate to show boomers they're still virile and better than young bucks, with the occasional glib one liner about being older and much more of a passing the torch while still giving us Bruce.
I mean we see the dude putting on a girdle.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ensign_Ricky posted:

And was officially endorsed by the writer/director and star of the original. I mean, it wasn't my particular cup of tea, but I get why people liked it.

yeah I'm curious if there's gonna be any crossover, if only storywise/working in the same universe

• Locked thread