Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I enjoyed it a lot but it was pure Evil Dead fan fiction. Like, the scene where he's struggling to get to the chainsaw. He doesn't NEED it to fight the Deaddites, he could hit them with anything; it's just an elaborate gag to reunite him with the fan favourite. That's fine ... in ep one.

I hope the entire show won't just be a series of 'Remember when Bruce Campbell did this thing...' Hopefully the show will find its own voice and expand on the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I loved almost everything there but I felt like there were too many scenes where Ash and Co were literally just standing around doing nothing while Evil
Lucy or whoever just did their thing. Felt a bit stagy at times. Other than that, no complaints. What a fun show!

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
That was extremely gross.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
Man that was so good. I wasn't entirely sold on season one but this year has been absolutely brilliant.

None of my friends care about Evil Dead though. I can't be THAT old can I? :(

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
Awww you guys.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

tooterfish posted:

Wash your loving mouth out.

Nah it was fun and funny but, to me, it felt more like a tribute sketch show rather than a genuine continuation of the series.

I'd rather have it than not have it but season 2 has just blown it out of the water imo.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
Holy poo poo that last ep addressed every single issue with the show I'd been having up to now.

Real stakes, real horror, characters acting consistently, great comic timing and everyone seems to care about what's happening, finally.

I get that Ash is a dork but it didn't really sit right with me when he was callously ignoring or even facilitating other people's deaths. My other pet peeve was people stopping fights to monologue at each other and they really didn't do that here. Everyone was biding their time then striking asap.

I loved Ruby's freak out at the end, such a perfect encapsulation of how she must have been feeling for a long time. Her face during the chainsaw scene was hilarious and horrifying too. I'm just so glad there's something to enjoy here again, beyond wacky cartoon antics.

Hopefully they can carry this over to the next ep.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

calandryll posted:

I loved how much blood was shooting out of her during that scene.

Yeah there just seemed to be a real enthusiasm in that ep that I felt had been lacking a bit this season. Really enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
They've had a great run and the back end of this season has been excellent. Who would have thought 5 years ago that we'd ever get more Evil Dead? And that it would be good!

• Locked thread