Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ZombieParts posted:

What do you guys like about the Evil Dead films? What do you hope to see in the show?

I'd say Bruce Campbell kicking his own rear end but that's already happened.

Twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

rejutka posted:

I'm just glad it exists. Seriously, you'll be all WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE SEASON IS ALMOST OVER IT WAS JUST COMING OUT A SECOND AGO??!!?!?!?!

I'll swallow your soul free time

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Ash, you tremendous, tremendous loving dumbass.

The answers to the questions "why does he have a copy of the Necronomicon" and "why would he read it, even stoned" is "because Ash" and I love it. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gawain The Blind posted:

So many amazing Sam Raimi camera shots. Like the "Ash puts his face really close to obvious danger" shot.

You would think after 30 years, that loving cabin, and being warped to the Middle Ages* that Ash would learn not to do poo poo like this.

But nope, because Ash.

(* This happened, no one ever talks about it, and Ash himself doesn't see at as particularly unusual so he never brings it up. You can't convince me otherwise. :colbert:)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

etalian posted:

he's just a glutton for punishment

Or a tremendous clod with no pattern recognition skills

Or both

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chokes McGee posted:

I'd say Bruce Campbell kicking his own rear end but that's already happened.

Twice.

I just want to go back to this post and note that the series has already delivered.

Thank you and gods bless.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GreenNight posted:

Hopefully those that didn't enjoy the pilot will stop watching instead of bitching about how much the show sucks every week.

Hi welcome to TVIV, this must be your first time posting here

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm sure we'll see Raimi's signature first person flying evil shot and whatnot plenty more times.

I cannot possibly express how happy I am that evil still, still, has an outboard motor. :neckbeard:

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 1, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

thrawn527 posted:

Echoing the "that ruled in every way it should have" sentiment. Exactly what an Evil Dead TV show should be, can't wait for more. Deadites are back because he got stoned and read the book to get laid.

The best part were the sticky notes. Why did he have it translated? Why didn't he already have the passage to undo it written down too? Why would he keep it in an easily accessible trunk in the first place?

The answers to all these questions, and more, is "Ash."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BisonDollah posted:

I tried a quick look through the thread and didn't see it mentioned, but does anyone know why there was no S-Mart?

I look forward to the upcoming flashback episode dedicated to the story of the apparent liquidation of the S-Mart company during the recession.

It's been a good 20+ years, S-Mart has probably long since closed down.

I mean anything they don't have the rights to bring up probably doesn't need to be given the large time gap. And they've already hinted they're down with shipping Ash and Co. to other time periods in later seasons, soooo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nyc_Tattoo posted:

I mean really I don't know what all you fuckers are talking about, Shop smart, shop SA-Mart!

*Ash orders shotgun from SA mart, gets back a Nerf bow and arrow and is immediately killed by deadites*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I imagine Ash's way of exposing deadites consists solely of punching them in the face.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

King Vidiot posted:

I'm not sure that they really follow "rules" but totally obliterating the head seemed the way to go. Cutting off the head never seemed to work, Linda was decapitated and her headless body could still get around and the head kept talking.

I hope one episode features nothing but extremely pissed off deadites chucking their heads at Ash repeatedly and trying to bite the poo poo out of him.

Fake edit: bonus points of he takes them down with the boomstick skeet style

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NarkyBark posted:

Nah, it was his wooden hand. I got a chuckle out of that.

"It got into my wooden hand and infected it. So I... uh... got a new one."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

King Vidiot posted:

Did Ash or anybody else get bitten or attacked recently, I can't remember. In the movies any attack, even with a weapon, inflicted by a Deadite spread the Evil to the victim and turned them into a Deadite. I could've sworn Ash's good hand got bitten by Roper in this latest episode.

Pablo got stabbed in the shoulder.

Though really, it looks like the only prerequisite for deadite infection is "would be a good plot point to have this person turn into one."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Did he ever get fully infected, or was it just the hand? I seem to remember a white-eyed Deadite Ash, but I might be making that up. EDIT: I think I'm thinking of the mirror scene in Evil Dead 2.

Three times: Once at the end of ED1/beginning of ED2 that was forced out of him by sunlight, once in his hand, and one last time where a piano and Linda's necklace shakes him out of it. A common theory is that the expelled deadite combined with his mirror image and formed Bad Ash from Army of Darkness.

I presume Evil hasn't tried again because holy poo poo, it's Ash, nobody gently caress with this guy unless we can help it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

King Vidiot posted:

You might chop a Deadite's limbs off and they could keep coming or they could just give up and leave their host body, a Deadite might take over your dead grandma or it might possess your best friend in a moment of weakness. It's whatever they feel like doing.

Deadites are the BYOB of movie monsters. :justpost:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Illinois Smith posted:

Just watch the second one, it's what most people mean when they talk about Evil Dead anyway. I think I've seen it 3 times as much as the other two combined. The first half-hour of Ash alone in the cabin is easily my favorite part of the series.

The laughing room is still my favorite horror movie scene of all time. It's the one thing that just completely makes you go, "What."

Like as a movie goer, that stupid deer twisting down and laughing is the point where you go, oh, so that's the thing that drives people insane in movies and books. Yeah, now I understand why they never describe it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doltos posted:

Cop lady is really loving annoying. How god drat stubborn can you be?

Yeah, at this point you'd think she's figure out Ash is the horse to back.

On the other hand, taking off Righty with a "What, seriously?" and then re-handcuffing her was pretty awesome. It does mean Ash needs to build another hand now. toolshed

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jerusalem posted:

Loved the effect on that demon too. But my favorite part of the whole episode was probably Lucy Lawless flicking the fork in Deadite Dad's (Dadite?) eye while he grumbled at her to quit it :allears:

"Oh I hope a deadite doesn't rise from this grave to attack me HA GOTCHA FUCKER YOU AND ME ARE GONNA HAVE A LITTLE CHAT" was great. Like, the deadites hate Ash, but they are legit scared of Lawless. It's kind of refreshing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Turtlicious posted:

So Ash is pretty dumb in this, but in Army of Darkness he builds a completely functional bio-mechanical appendage. I mean he was never Einstein, but he seemed to understand things about nerve endings that are insane even by todays technological standards.

Ash is good at two things: blundering into deadite invasions and killing them. He is a savant at anything that aids him in killing deadites and an idiot in every other aspect.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WarLocke posted:

Well, I like to think that AoD is still 'canon', even if they can't reference it. Think about it, I'm pretty drat sure Ash would have been fired after that S-Mart ending anyway :haw:

Nah, he had seniority.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
bad news she's a deadite

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GonSmithe posted:

I feel the opposite, I think the show jumped off the rails immediately and I am loving every second of the derailment into crazytown.

To jump off the rails, it would have to be on them to begin with. Evil Dead 2+ has basically been "let's rev this train up, hit the accelerator, and see what happens!" and I love every single second.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Burkion posted:

Well when you've been friends for so long, you tend to pick up vocal cues from one another.

There might actually be precedence for this depending on whether or not Bad Ash shows up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Yeah after last week I didn't know how this show could get any better. Turns out it was easy, add Xena boobies.

If you don't see her face, it's a body double :sigh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

For sure her boobs.

etalian posted:

She did nude scenes in Spartacus.

Checks out, then. :swoon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Burkion posted:

Amanda is the cop.

Really can't wait to see what the cabin has waiting for us.

Also very curious who the gently caress fixed the cabin up after it got torn to shreds by....everything.

I get the feeling at this point the cabin has been marinating in Evil for so long that it's become its own entity.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NarkyBark posted:

Said it before the previous episode but I'll say it again now, I'm ready for a full episode of Ash vs Hand.

I'm suddenly very uncomfortable with where this thread is going.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh man I am so hype about the cabin.

I want Ash to bust in there like he knows exactly what he's in for. Like, the first thing he does should be kicking down the door, shooting that drat deer head, and then smashing the mirror with the butt of his shotgun.

Then grinding the shards to dust under his boots.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Can't wait to see Ash get clowned on by his own body parts again. The hand scenes in ED2 are some of the finest acts of pure stoogery ever committed to film.

My favorite tidbit about Evil Dead 2 is how they had to re-record the sound over that scene because the crew couldn't suppress their laughter :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deadulus posted:

The second movie ended with Ash traveling back in time to 1300s England and Army of Darkness's original ending had Ash sleep too long and wake up in a Post-Apocalyptic future.

I want them to resolve the controversy around the ending completely dismissively.

Like just "wait you went to the future?" "Yup. But that's not important right now." And then it's never mentioned again.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Welp. So long, Righty. You brought us back Bad Ash, and for that, I salute you. :patriot:

God drat, though. I didn't expect Lady Cop to die this soon. I'm worried about Pablo and Kelly now :ohdear:

This is also the first episode where Bruce Campbell stopped being Bruce Campbell Just Screwing Around and Having Fun and actually started being Ash Williams. Up until this point he's been a loser goofball played for laughs. Now, we're seeing him back in his element and having to deal with old memories, and it's absolutely great.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Burkion posted:

I love that Bad Ash 2.0 acts JUST like the loving hand did in Evil Dead 2- trolling first and foremost, mocking, and sadistic as gently caress.

Christ I hope Pablo and Kelly make it out OK

I really, really wanted him to basically be the exact same character and have him start taunting Ash. Like, "Hey, remember that time I came out of the mirror and choked you? Good times, good times."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doltos posted:

I'm really pissed that Amanda got to kill the hand. Ash's hand has always been Ash's fight and if it's really dead then I'm ticked.

Well, technically it was dead to start with :v: I don't look at it as the hand losing since it regenerates the entirety of Bad Ash. Pretty good swan song for a 50 year old appendage.

mobby_6kl posted:

E: That's what I call a cleavage :v:

As much as I love Ash, I love Bad Ash even more. Just the sheer sadistic glee he takes in inappropriate puns and banter. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The shot of the cabin all bathed in sunset and Ash standing in front of it was one of the best scenes they've done.

At times this really does feel like a western rather than a horror comedy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NarkyBark posted:

(Because of this I almost expected Pablo to die at the end there, but it looks like he may be messed up as it is)

Is it racist to say that his pendant gave him a Necronomicon luchador mask? I hope not because that would own.

The pendant came from El Brujo so I think Pablo's going to be okay. He just may be supernatural for a little while.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Toplowtech posted:

If someone is making gif, the slowmo part of the "humans puppets" getting shoot at would be perfect.

I realize they were freaked out but I'm not sure Pablo and Kelly hoped to accomplish there. Maybe, I don't know, wait until she separates them to leer and then start shooting?

Deadites probably have way faster reaction times than humans, though, so it probably wouldn't have worked. :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doltos posted:

Also only people who get horrific injuries but still stay intact become Deadites, and usually the injury has to happen to their face/head area.

Only because it's a dick move to do it to people who are horribly injured.

Possessing Blonde Hitchhiker is the ultimate dick move towards Pablo El Hijo del Libro de la Muerte so she's a goner.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
No matter what, no matter where, whatever the odds, the one universal constant in the Evil Dead series is that Ash is a lazy loving idiot. :allears:

• Locked thread