Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

X-O posted:

I... did not really care for that. And it makes me wonder if I was seeing the original movies again for the first time right now if I'd even like them because it seemed pretty in line with the movies. It's been a couple years since I saw them and now I almost don't want to watch them again in case I find my taste has changed so much that it would ruin my memories of them. I'm not sure I'll watch anymore of this show at this point and that's really sad. Again it's nothing the show did but I just didn't find myself enjoying it at all.

You're just getting old :v:

I thought this was pretty much everything an Evil Dead TV show could've and should've been. Yeah maybe use more fake blood but the effects were always cheesy anyway. What a nice way to kick it off with Space Truckin' too. A++ will watch again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo. I wouldn't say it's better than the first episode, but definitely not any worse too, what an awesome show.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm not. I'd love more, of course, but the 30 minute format lets them tell stories with concentrated Ash in them, without burning out the character. Comedy heavy things are very, very hard to sustain for long formats and the 30 minute format (since it's a true 30 minutes and not a network 24 minutes or the like) is perfect for that.

I rather have a series that lasts several seasons with short but sweet episodes than one that burns out a few seasons in at an hour long. Like the famous quote goes, "Always leave 'em wanting more."

ED: Plus Starz has already showed a willingness to do extended episodes, as well. I'm sure if the creators came to Starz and said "This finale is going to be awesome but it needs to be an extra 20 minutes to work," they won't say no. It's nice to see so many people on the same page working on this.

This episode was under 25, minutes, I think. I really liked the pilot - not too short and not too long. But of course I'm happy with this too, though those couple of extra minutes could make a big difference, IMO.

Binary Logic posted:

2nd episode was great. Love the use of the boomstickcam. I was already planning to comment on the fantastic Classic Rock 70s soundtrack of the series when the inclusion of ELP's Knife Edge put this over-the-top episode over another top.

Unlike Ash's Delta 88, this show is firing on all cylinders.

I'm cool with every episode having a track from Machine Head, too.

Also, that NGK shirt, drat, where do I get one.

I always stop watching before the previews for this reason. Not the end of the world if something gets spoiled, but still.
vvv

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 8, 2015

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jlechem posted:

Just started watching episode 1, it's been great so far. However I cannot believe a .22 pistol would blow heads off. And that is obviously a two shot pistol not an uzi. End of sperg

Well maybe you're not shooting the right heads!?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's the only ending I ever saw, and I can hardly imagine a better one, it was one of the highlights of the whole movie.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwell Lord posted:

That was the greatest acid trip ever. Right down to Whitesnake.

That's really the most Ash song possible in every way, isn't it.

This was a good episode, stronger the last one too. Though I have to say that the short running time starts to feel a bit constrictive. I mean, that's preferable to them running out of ideas midway through the season, but here there was a bit of backstory for Lucy Lawless and Ash on acid, and that's pretty much it. Like Chinese food, it's great, but half an hour later you feel like nothing happened.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
And he was probably going to grow up an rear end in a top hat anyway.

I think this episode makes a better case for the 30 (or 25, actually) minute run time than the last two. I posted before that it felt like nothing (or literally just one thing) happened, but today by changing locations and combining the story lines worked really well. Plus the action was a step up as well :getin:.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Doltos posted:

Kid shouldn't have walked out in front of Evil like that.

If anything I found Kelly shoving the waitress's face into the meat slicer to be way more disturbing. "Hey they found your sister dead at that restaurant she works at. Someone stuck her full of glass, shoved her face in a meat slicer, then hammered her head in with a meat tenderizer. It's okay though, she isn't a kid."

The standards for violence (and sex) are pretty messed up anyway so I always get a kick out of a kid getting hosed up for no reason.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

calandryll posted:

Such a great episode, so many great one liners. They do have a thing of killing people with antlers.

Seems to be the cool way to go nowadays:

E: That's what I call a cleavage :v:

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 21, 2015

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Blazing Ownager posted:

So has anyone seen the trailer for Stan Against Evil?

I have never seen a clear more blatant rip-off of a tv show ever.

Not yet, but this reminded me that Tucker and Dale vs. Evil was pretty drat good, and I wanted to share this opinion.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tucker_and_dale_vs_evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Medullah posted:

And even more beautiful! I COULD FIX HER.

Just 10-12 showers, np.

• Locked thread