Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

That trailer pretty much alleviated any doubts I had about this project, I mean goddamn :aaaaa:

Seriously? Did you see the same trailer I did? This looks like a cheap cash-in on nerd nostalgia that --- sorry, I can't finish this, I'm just trying to de-hype myself because I'm so excited for this show after seeing the trailer that I can barely stand to wait until Halloween to see it. I'm probably going to watch that trailer a half dozen more times before then because it's everything I wanted from this show.

And an Evil Dead marathon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The first episode was incredible, way past my expectations. I almost feel like I don't want to watch the rest of the season, and instead marathon it all at once when it's over. The 30 minute episodes aren't going to be nearly long enough to watch once a week.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Reading TVIV, I always feel blessed to be one of the rare people who doesn't notice "bad" CGI unless it's glaringly 90's quality terrible. I suspect my gift is much less rare outside of people who post on an Internet subforum about television shows.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

frozenpeas posted:

I enjoyed it a lot but it was pure Evil Dead fan fiction. Like, the scene where he's struggling to get to the chainsaw. He doesn't NEED it to fight the Deaddites, he could hit them with anything; it's just an elaborate gag to reunite him with the fan favourite. That's fine ... in ep one.

I hope the entire show won't just be a series of 'Remember when Bruce Campbell did this thing...' Hopefully the show will find its own voice and expand on the series.

The only things that took me out of the show were the spinning axe and the thrown chainsaw. I thought they were too corny. Mostly though, I expected them to end in some cheap cringe-worthy slapstick (the axe hitting the girl with the blunt end, the chainsaw missing his wrist coupling) and that took me out of it more than the finished product.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Brown Moses posted:

At least with a shorter run-time we don't get lots of B-plot, which might be a blessing in the case of this show.

You're right. In fact, I think most hour long shows are really 30 minutes of stuff you care about and the other ~15 minutes of actual runtime is B-plot. This episode at least felt longer than a half hour because it was so packed. It's like how I used to feel about some Adult Swim shows back in the day: they were only 11 minutes of runtime, but satisfying.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The Deadites seem to think it's fun to play with peoples' heads. Turning them into one of them is boring. The more people know what the Deadites are, the less they want to turn them because it's more fun to gently caress with them. At least that's my loose theory, I don't want to think too deep into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Whoever holds the rights to Army of Darkness not letting them use it seems like a dick move for the hell of it. Is there a story behind it? Did they ask for too much money? Are they holding onto it for a game license or something?

• Locked thread