Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
That was great! The tone was exactly what it needed to be and the gore was amazing. I can only hope the later episodes have the same quality.

I got a good laugh out of the gently caress! into the opening title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Kelly is obviously going to go through some kind of arc, she's barely done anything yet. Same thing with the cop.

I don't expect future episodes to have Raimi's manic style, but if the writing/dialogue stays up to par and the inventive gore remains (which it should) then I'll be happy. Bruce covers everything else.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Nah, it was his wooden hand. I got a chuckle out of that.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Maybe Ash would've been able to fix everything if the cop didn't show up and help disturb the circle, and evil knew that? *shrug*

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I prefer the S-Mart ending just for the trampoline.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I don't think she's human, or at least not regular human, perhaps possessed or something like Kelly is. She seems to throw deadites around rather easily.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Loved it. Some good laughs, some good gore, even gross humor with the kid on the toilet and Ash face down in a urinal trough. Like someone said, I'm shocked this even exists. Called it on Lucy being not-human, and my guess with the hand is that it's stowed away in one of the vehicles.

I absolutely can imagine a 15-minute fight coming up with the hand. Wonder if it's actually gonna play into the story or just be a gag.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Said it before the previous episode but I'll say it again now, I'm ready for a full episode of Ash vs Hand.

How's Lucy gonna find everyone now? Use the knife like a compass?

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I feel like there's a 0% chance Amanda is gone. It's the "we know who you are" that lingers.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I must admit I didn't see that final reveal coming.

I too noticed the past/present line. Pure speculation, but who wants to bet that things get so bad in the present that Ash has to go back in time to reset everything? Of course I have no idea how since he doesn't have control of the book anymore but knowing him it would be by accident, as usual. (Because of this I almost expected Pablo to die at the end there, but it looks like he may be messed up as it is)

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Also some props to the director for at least trying to imitate Raimi's style in a lot of sequences. I felt some previous episodes could've really used that.

Loved it. Want more! I didn't even realize until reading this now that Ruby didn't even teleport them down to Jacksonville. What a bum deal!

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I don't know why I love Doorknob Mouth so much. I think it's the "aaaaahahahgghgh" it does.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
That's the spirit!

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
That morgue scene got a hard laugh reaction out of me, mainly because I'm surprised a tv show actually went there. It seems like this episode ramped up the grossness way more than before and I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Also, Brock rules and you know he's gonna have his badass deadite fighting moment.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I still think Chet's gonna be possessed. It's too perfect, and it would give Ted a chance to really ham it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I thought 100% for sure Brock was going to finish his sentence with "Ash, you and me, we're the same person!" and then was surprised when they didn't go there.

I think the original finale idea could've worked. It's ridiculous but so is the whole show. Although I wouldn't want Baal again.

• Locked thread