Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New pic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

A video introducing the team, and some spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psAwjxSuk-I

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

http://io9.com/we-saw-the-first-episode-of-ash-vs-evil-dead-and-it-bl-1736026570

:fap:

Beware of spoilers.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Blood and the funnies with Bruce kicking rear end.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It's been known since day one that he is only directing the pilot.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Hopefully those that didn't enjoy the pilot will stop watching instead of bitching about how much the show sucks every week.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Bruce is on the latest Nerdist podcast and he has some pretty good stories.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

WarLocke posted:

I tried to watch The Evil Dead last night, got about 40 minutes in and had to turn it off. It seemed like a generic low-budget horror flick, none of the goofy charisma of jerk deadites to be found.

:(

Uh yes, maybe you should have done some research first. It's an extremely low budget horror flick, but when it came out it was not generic at all.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

10 episode first season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Dead Precedents posted:

Ash vs Jason vs Freddy would be amazing. The comic wasn't bad.

Was originally going to be a movie. Here's the script treatment:

http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2005/03/FreddyvsJasonvsAsh.pdf

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Ash needs to start burying deadites down farther than arm reach. Or, I dunno, just burn em all.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

So Ash is pretty dumb in this, but in Army of Darkness he builds a completely functional bio-mechanical appendage. I mean he was never Einstein, but he seemed to understand things about nerve endings that are insane even by todays technological standards.

He hasn't used those brain muscles in 30 years, give him time.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

WarLocke posted:

There's an AoD ending other than the bit in S-Mart where the granny goes deadite?!?

Yes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Season 2 interview

http://io9.com/ash-vs-evil-deads-exec-producer-talks-season-2-plus-a-c-1743457174

Spoiler warning.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Costs me $5 for a movie theater ticket.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Are you from 1995?

The prices haven't gone up much here. 3D tickets are $8.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Madison, WI.

I did forget to mention, this is Early Bird prices, so before 11am, which is the only time we go see movies.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

poo poo, that episode was amazing. Not sure why Starz puts it online early but I appreciate it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That's why I wish it was on Netflix.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Demons has been canceled and the final season is over.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That's the thought of someone with an extreme lack of creativity.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 20, 2015

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It's gonna be a long, hard wait until season 2.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Nah, The Evil goes out of its way to never kill Ash because the next hero to come along might actually be competent.

There can be only one.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yes, it's been in the press and so forth for a while on that and who the actor is.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Bruce is gonna be on @Midnight this Wednesday.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Latest Nerdist has Bruce and he talks about how they're pushing Starz for a season 3 + 4 pickup.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Renewed for season 3.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I watched every episode. While later seasons wasn't as good, I enjoyed all of it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Episode 2 is stellar. Apparently they upped the dick quota for this season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Goddamn this episode was super gross. "get your dead dick off my face"

Bruce must be dying.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Bruce was asked on nerdest what his favorite episodes of season 2 were, and he said episode 2 and episode 8.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yesterdays episode was pretty drat good. It'll be interesting now that they have a big bad instead of a faceless evil.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

They should have had the same actor who played Ba'al on SG1.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

And the demon leaves because Chet is too stupid and drunk to be worthy of a demon.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Well gently caress this episode :mad:

Next episode looks to be back at the cabin and I totally expect a time warp season finale

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

What the gently caress.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Yes, that happens at the end of ED2.

Killing his own clone is the most explicit reference to events in AoD.

There's been plenty of homages to scenes in AoD, but they've been pretty careful to only reference events that happened in the first two movies.

They had to originally but they got the rights back so it doesn't matter now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I hope you assholes watched it past the end credits because there is another scene.

• Locked thread