Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Welcome to Murder Aboard Spaceship Nu 2. In this game, fifteen players will engage in struggles of life, death, and space-food to complete their goals and hopefully not blow up the ship. Every player will receive a Role which indicates their place in the ship’s crew, and Goal which indicates how they achieve victory.

Possible Roles:
Basic Crew: Basic Access, enter any Black Room
Tech Crew: Tech Access, enter any Green or Black Room
Security Crew: Security Access, enter any Red, Green, or Black Room.
Captain: All Access, enter any Room
Cyborg: Cyborg Access, enter any Room, cannot perform illegal actions, carry items, or use room actions. 5 max damage.

There shall be 1 captain, 1 cyborg, 2 security, 4 tech, and 7 basic crew. Everyone's role will be announced at the start of the game

Goals shall be described shortly.
Here’s a picture of the ship:

In the dark future, the only font is co(s)mic sans.

It is equipped with state of the art teleportation technology. You can move from any room you desire to any other room you desire, so long as you have access. If you are in a room you don’t have access for, you cannot use its room action or leave the room.

Players:

Role List:

Captain
CapitalistPig

Cyborg
Capfalcon

Security Crew
goodness
JakeP

Tech Crew
ActingPower
CirclMastr
DivineCoffeeBinge
GulagDolls

Basic Crew
chaoslord
dereku
fool_of_sound
Gamerofthegame
Hal Incandenza
Jawdins
jaydee864

Next post detail the rules. If you are confused about anything at all, or notice a rule contradiction, please message me or ask in thread!

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Each turn, all players shall submit one action from the following list. All actions that are not Move automatically tell you all players who entered or left the room, and also all actions of players who stayed in the room (other than hide or actions immediately following hide, which appear as leaving and entering a room, respectively). Movement always takes place after all other actions on a turn. Actions that affect other players can only be used on players in the same room.

Actions:
Move: Go to target room you have access for. You shall be told all players who are there, but not their actions.
Attack: Target player receives 1 damage. At 3 damage, a player dies, except the Cyborg who dies at 5. This is an illegal action.
Defend: Receive 1 less total damage this turn, to a minimum of 0. All players who attempted to damage you this turn receive 1 damage.
Hide: You appear to have left the room to all players until your following action, which appears as though you entered the room, unless you Hide again or Move out of the room, in which case you appear to still be out of the room.
Steal: Only usable immediately after Hide, gain random item in target player’s inventory. The player will not know it is missing until they try to use it. This is an illegal action.
Observe: Prevents all illegal actions (other than Attack or item-use) in this room on this turn. Also prevents Hide. Deals 1 damage to all players attempting an illegal action.
Confiscate: Prevents target player from using an illegal item action this turn and takes that item from them. (If multiple players try to take an item, the player who gets it is randomly selected)
Item: Use an item. All items are 1-use unless otherwise specified.
Room: Room specific action

The following rooms have Room specific actions.

Room Actions:
Captain’s: Proxy, use any other room’s specific action except for the Engine room’s “Repair”
Control: Lockdown, players attempting to move to or from target room this turn fail to do so. Cannot Lockdown the same room twice in a row.
Security: Defense System, Observe effect targeting room and see actions and movement as if you were there.
Kitchen: Grab Food, gain space-food item. Space-food can be used as an item to:
-Eat: Your next Attack deals +1 damage. Buff lasts until next attack but does not stack.
-Throw at camera: Disable cameras, and therefore Defense Systems being usable in this room for this turn and next. This is an illegal action.
-Throw at player: Prevent target player from using Observe this turn and next. That player gains space-food in their inventory. This is an illegal action.
Medical: Heal, lose 2 damage (to a minimum of 0). Usable once per player.
Crew Quarters: Rest, lose 1 damage (to a minimum of 0). Usable once per player.
Cargo Bay: Scrounge, 25% chance to gain a random item from the Starting Item list (which has a 25% chance of being a major item and 75% chance of being a minor item). This is an illegal action.
Engine: Short-circuit, disable all room restrictions until engine is repaired. Sends a ship-wide alert. Only usable if engine is fine. This is an illegal action.
Engine: Repair, re-instate room restrictions. Only usable if engine is short-circuited. Sends a ship-wide thank you message.

A note on death and items: If a player dies, all his or her items are randomly distributed among living players in the same room. All players that are not basic crew or the cyborg start with an access card that gives them their special access.

Now for Goals! Goals are divided into Good-Guy goals, Bad-Guy goals, and the Cyborg’s goals. Each player shall receive 1 goal at random; any given Good-Guy goal can have 0, 1, or 2 players assigned to it, but no more. You win if you are alive and your goal is currently fulfilled when the game ends, except the cyborg who is not required to be alive. Game ends when all Bad-Guys have, in some combination, died or succeeded at their goals. This game will have 3 Bad-Guys, who will know one another and have a secret communication network, but do not require one wins for the others to.

Good-Guy goals, assessed if completed at game end (if you are alive):
Spacerepairman: Engine is fine and cyborg is alive.
Chef: Every living human player has at least 1 space-food in their inventory, and/or have eaten space-food.
Peacekeeper: Use Observe or Defense System to damage players attempting illegal actions for 4 or more damage total, over the course of the game.
Hoarder: Have 5 or more different items in your inventory.
Hero: Damage a Bad-Guy on the same turn he is killed.
Tourist: Visit each room at least once. Will not be given to a captain.
Protector: You will receive two random players, at least one of which must be alive at the end of the game. Both could be Good-Guys, or it could be one Good-Guy and one Bad-Guy. It will not be two Bad-Guys.
Minion: Randomly selected player wins. Yes, they can be a bad-guy.
Perfectionist: All, or all minus 1, living players succeed at their goal.
Loner: Be in a room alone that also has no corpses. Will not be given to captain.
Socialite: Be in a room with at least two other living players.
Mortician: Be in a room with at least two corpses.
Powerful: No living Bad-Guys.
Survivor: Begin with 2 damage, out of your max of 3. Your only goal is to survive.

Bad-Guy goals, assessed at completion, at which point you just need to survive until the other bad guys complete their goals or die:
Hitman: Two randomly selected Good-Guy players are dead.
Wannabe: Any bad-guy has captain access card. This goal will not be given if a bad-guy starts as captain.
Spacist: Cyborg is dead or has failed goal.
Rebel: Throw space-food at at-least 5 different cameras.
Sadistic: No living Good-Guy at full health.
Framer: Any Good-Guy dies having received no damage from Bad-Guys or a rogue Cyborg, or there are no living Good-Guys.

Cyborg goals, assessed at game end, can win even if dead:
Protect humans: at least 7 of the 14 humans are alive.
Protect captain: Captain is alive.
Rogue: Target random Good-Guy player is dead before the end of the 10th turn. Can Attack.

Starting Item List: Each bad guy picks one major and one minor item from this list, or two minor if they want. Warning: item use will be seen unless first hiding.

Major Items:
Grenade: 2 damage to all players in same room, except yourself. Illegal Action
Bomb (cannot be found in Cargo Room): As Grenade, but with a 2 turn delay. Illegal Action
Space-revolver: 3 damage to target player. 6 uses. Illegal Action
Cloak: Same as Hide, but lasts 2 turns instead of 1 and cannot be seen with Observe or Defense System, plus your illegal actions cannot be stopped while cloaked. Illegal Action
Poison: Immediately kill target player after 2 turns. Not usable on Cyborg. Illegal Action
Goal List (cannot be found in Cargo Room): Intel list of every Good-Guy player’s goal, but not who has what goal. Not actually an item.

Minor Items:
Teleporter: Allows you to teleport to or from rooms you don’t have access to, but you still cannot use their room-specific actions without proper access. Ignores Lockdown. 2 uses.
Remote Control: Use to Defense System from anywhere, even without proper access.
Remote Lockdown: Use to Lockdown from anywhere, even without proper access. Illegal Action
Possum Pill: Appear as though you ate space food and died when you use this item, and remain appearing dead until you choose to break the possum by performing an action, or 3 turns pass, whichever comes first. You will still be affected by room-wide actions, such as grenades, and if a player targets your corpse with any action it will reveal you are alive.
First Aid Kit: Lose 1 damage (minimum of 0).
Space-Food: It’s space-food. See Kitchen for info.
Dummy: Will be stolen or confiscated before any other items, just by sitting in your inventory! If confiscated, will not prevent the illegal item action.
Tech Access Card: A card with Tech Access

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 12, 2015

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
This post reserved if I need it for anything.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

anything goes in space

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Seems interesting :3

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

dereku posted:

Seems interesting :3

Since you don't have PMs, could I get an email from you please?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I will do the thing.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

I'd like to get in on this!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'll try it.

I hope I get Perfectionist and proceed to kill everyone to satisfy the condition.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sure, sounds like fun!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote gulag did I do it right?

(this is a signup post)-

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

jon joe posted:

Since you don't have PMs, could I get an email from you please?

derekurinku [at] gmail [DOT] com

jaydee864
Aug 15, 2010

Life is such a drag when the whole world's falling apart
Hello, this seems like a good and interesting thing. Please consider counting me in if there is still room.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Sure, this looks neat, I'll give it a shot.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
This looks fun and I would like to play in it

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Just 5 spots left. Also, I added a new Good-Guy goal, Survivor, where you start with 2 out of 3 damage and your only goal is to survive.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This game is fun I will participate

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I will do the thing

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ill play this even though technically Capps aready started, and abandoned Spaceship Nu 2

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Sign me up

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
With only one spot left, will someone with a name that begins with a letter after j come into and heroically save the player list from homogeneity?!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
no but I will

owned, J.

wrecked

edit: captains a condom

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 12, 2015

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Alright, within the next few hours I will randomize and send out Roles and Goals. After I do so, I will announce everyone's Role in thread and have the Bad-Guys message me their item picks. After I receive all Bad-Guy item picks, I will message everyone what room they start in and who they are with, at which point turn 1 will begin. From the start of turn 1, everyone will have 24 hours to submit their action. During this time you may chat in this thread with everyone (the public comm network), or privately with anyone in the same room as you (you do not count as in your room if you're hiding or playing dead, but that's impossible during this first round). Bad-Guys will, of course, be able to chat privately with one another at any time.

Also, unlike the first Murder Aboard Spaceship Nu, deaths will not be publicly announced. You'll just need to see corpses for yourself or be told.

Finally, do not hesitate to ask me any questions about the rules.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm Robot

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

jon joe, what are the rules?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730628&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post447628789
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730628&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post447628794

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730628#post447629128

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730628&pagenumber=1#post447638115

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Role List:

Captain
CapitalistPig

Cyborg
Capfalcon

Security Crew
goodness
JakeP

Tech Crew
ActingPower
CirclMastr
DivineCoffeeBinge
GulagDolls

Basic Crew
chaoslord
dereku
fool_of_sound
Gamerofthegame
Hal Incandenza
Jawdins
jaydee864

We now wait for the Bad-Guy items.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 12, 2015

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm the captain so you have to listen to me.

All bad guys immediately out themselves and report to security for death.

Please cooperate.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm going to reprogram the food dispenser so that it nows dispenses guns,and also food

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mind blowing

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Captains a condom

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Captains a condom

Also, every crew member now has their goal changed to kill this Gamer guy

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Captain's rogue!!!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Turn 1 begins now! You have 24 hours to tell me your action!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

jon joe posted:

Turn 1 begins now! You have 24 hours to tell me your action!

What rooms do we start in?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

fool_of_sound posted:

What rooms do we start in?

I PM'd everyone, including you, their room. It's private info to everyone except the people in the same room. You may also choose to share in this thread if you want.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

if anyone dares come into engine, I am going to bash their heads in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

can we communicate privately with people we are in same room as

• Locked thread