Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Adelaide: The Queen has a remarkably good poker face but she cannot control the slight flicker of her eyes indicating interest. Whether it is interest in you or in your proposal you cannot tell. She gives you a dismissive wave and summons one of her advisor's and the two of them hold a whispered discussion. You make out the word Malveaux being mentioned and what sounds like your name. Then the queen beckons you forward. "Ah you would be one of Monsieur Malveaux's nieces, fresh at court I understand." the Queen goes on. "You may tell your Uncle that he can expect my attendance at his little festival. I trust you will be present." she phrases that as an order not a request.

Marie promises to attend your uncles festival

There is a muttered furore amongst the gaggle of advisor's and courtiers around the throne. Which of the advisor's seem most put out by the queens proposal? Likewise who seems most in favour of it that you do not expect to be?

Eveline: Can you believe the nerve of your "sister" blatantly walking up to the queen like that? Is she trying to get both of you killed again. What if she recognises both of you. Still despite your fears it seems to go quite well. You'd like to see more but a voice from behind you interrupts you "Ah Madam Eveline, you look exquisite today as always." Bruno Delacroix still looking somewhat dazed from being present in court but happy to see a friendly face. "I was wondering if you and your lovely sister would be consent to attend the theatre with me tonight. It seems that Monsieur Montaigne latest play is set to premier this evening and I am assured it is well worth seeing. "

Do you accept his offer to attend the theatre or are you worried it will interfere with your plans to deal with Remy?

Ravion: "Ah Monsieur has anyone ever told you are a most frustrating and puzzling man." Lady Aribeth pouts "Well if you'll excuse me I believe I shall practice alone or with one of the more strapping young guardsmen. Good day sir."

she gives you the condition Frustrating

Well that could have been better. Do you even care about her attempt to make you jealous? As you wander down the corridor you almost collide with a servant carrying a horses saddle. Wait what is he doing with that the stables are on the other side of the palace. Do you ask him for an explanation or do you leave him to his duties?

Charlotte: One of Gilbert's flunkies sneers at you. "Oh yes regale us with your vast experience of combat madame. I trust you've seen combat in all it's many forms" he sneers.

you gain the condition untested

Is there any truth in his accusation do you think have you seen a lot of fighting over the years? Regardless you're not going to let a mere flunky get away with that are you what subtle revenge are you planning?

Jules: You can practically smell the waves of fear coming off of him but in a voice filled with false bravado he accepts your offer of a duel and pledges to meet you on the field of honour for a duel to the first blood. You cannot help overhearing the mutters of the crowd though a number of them think your behaviour unsuited for one of her majesties musketeers.

you gain the condition Hot-headed

Do you have someone in mind to act as your second in this matter? Before things can proceed further one of the court ushers, a prematurely balding man taps you on the shoulder and says to you "Her majesty wishes to speak to you to deliver her personal thanks in front of the court." Do you go straight away or do you have something else to do first?

Severine As Jules slips away to no doubt receive her just rewards from the queen. The attention of most begins to shift away from the corpse of the dead assassin whose limp body is being carried away by a gang of menial servants. Yet you notice Le Vimeur drift towards the back of the crowd. You cannot help overhearing him whispering to one of his cronies "--did you see how fast her sword moved, I don't have a chance against her." Do you step in to offer your help with his problem now or do you plan to wait for a more opportune moment? What bit of magic do you know of that could help him win anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot: -1, Cold: +1, Volatile: +1, Dark: +0
Harm:0/4, XP:3/5, Conditions:

To my own credit, I keep my own face neutral as she agrees to my haphazard request - with her own decree added, but of course. "Oui, your Grace, as you say, I will certainly be there." Oh my dear Marie, that little twinkle in your eye says it all, does it not. I bow again, the matter seemingly over, unless she had more to say, of course. As I turn around and make to return to my seat, I give Eveline a small smirk, though it seemed she was otherwise occupied. No matter, I'd let her navigate the waters herself for a moment, she knew where to find me when she needed my assistance.

It hardly surprised me that the minister of finance would be opposed to the Queen's visiting Chateau Malveaux - privately of course, I wasn't particularly enthused about the idea myself, if it weren't for the opportunity to either gain leverage or vengeance on Marie, that is - and so I was unfazed at his vocalization of his displeasure, if a bit amused. Someone like Marie would have very little perception of how much such a thing would cost and of course she was going to do whatever it was she intended to do; to my benefit and the minister's chagrin, of course.

I was, however, a bit surprised that the Cardinal was in favor of my modest proposal. I suppose it was certainly possible that he did not catch the gleam in her eye when I spoke, but you would think he would be against the concept of his Monarch attending an event at a vineyard of all places; perhaps a brothel would have been more morally repugnant to the Church, if only barely. But upon consideration I suppose I could cede that it would give the Cardinal a greater ability to push his own agenda with her temporal self no longer present. Perhaps that was the root of his support for the petition, perhaps not? Either way, even the Queen's acceptance of my offer was sure to make some minor waves, given how much her advisers seemed to be discussing it. That is something that can certainly be of use - hopefully Evey saw that, too. All that was required was to keep one's eye open for the appropriate moment. And I was nothing if not perceptive.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 6, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Jules Saint-Martin
Hot+1 Cold-1 Volatile+2 Dark-1
4/5 xp 0/4 harm Conditions: Hot-headed

I think I have someone in mind for a second yes. Jean-Luck Simonis, for all his lecherous ways is a warrior. And while his fondness for me comes with an unwelcome element, I trust him to be honorable in these matters. There is the risk that he might take it as a sign that I'm answering his wrongheaded attempts at courtship, yet mayhaps the fact that I invite him to a matter as a warrior, not as a woman, he will understand. However, thoughts about the duel soon leave my mind.

There is no question. No hesitation. If the Queen calls, I answer. Without a word to my opponent, I stride towards Her throne, and take a knee in front of Her, bowing further than protocol requires.

"Ensigh Saint-Martin, I am told you dealt with a possible danger to me and those here. I wish to thank you for your vigilance and dedication. All of us can feel safer here with your presence here. I thank you."

Words of praise from her are like the sun breaking through on a cloudy day. A glass of water when one is parched. I dare look up and the smile on Her face makes all other concerns vague and irrelevant. Some might say I desire Her as a man might a woman? Yet it is not as such. I desire not to be beside Her. That is not what I meant to be. I am Her Sword, I am Her Shield, I am Her Musketeer. Perhaps one day She'll decide to take a husband? It is fine if She does and for Her sake I will serve him.

"I can but thank you for the opportunity to be of service to you, Your Highness. A life spent in ridding yours of worries and concerns is a life blessed with purpose and satisfaction. Any man and woman should feel grateful here for any opportunity to be of service to their Queen!"

Turn on Queen: 2d6+1 8 String, what I want, herself. Also, mark xp.

"Yet might I ask, your highness, for the permission to seek out more about the cause why this man befouled Your presence? Did he work alone? What mad impulse drove him? Unleash me, Your Highness, and I will hunt down the truth." And in finding out more about that, I might find out more about who he actually tried to kill, and why.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 5, 2015

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Hot: +0, Cold: +1, Volatile: -1, Dark: +1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 4/5 | Conditions: Wallflower

I squeak quietly as I'm pulled right up before the beautiful Queen. We would be the first to speak with her, effectively jumping the whole line. Oh how the heads turned and the tongues waggled. They were all staring at us. We would be the talk of the court for this. It took all my will power to not shake in my shoes but my sister was in her element. As she appealed to the Queen I could not help but stare at her.

Oh yes, she was gorgeous, radiant. And even thought she condemned me to my death it's hard to deny how ravishing she is. I feel warm just looking at her. I should hate her with every fiber of my being but I do not. I feel something very different towards her, complicated feelings. Feelings of lust, feelings of guilt. She was kindly and soft-hearted and beloved by the suffering people. She truly wished to do well by them, I believe that now.

Back then, when I was still one me, I was a different person. At the time I'd been so caught up in what I might lose, so caught up in Remy's schemes, that I did not think of what society might gain. Now that we were on the lower end of the totem pole it was easier to see how Her Majesty's outreach directly propped up the little people. Her agreeing to come to the summer festival sent my heart alight and further proved her sincerity in her goals towards the low and common blooded citizens. Were this all an act and she truly all the dirty things Remy and our co-conspirators thought of her and convinced us of, she would never have agreed. But she was legitimate, and she was coming, and it made me love her.

So I could not hate her, rather I felt guilty for conspiring and plotting to kill her. Had I known then what I knew now I would not be as I am. But I would still be just as full of hate and greed. I didn't desire revenge on the gentle Queen. No, I wanted her forgiveness. I wanted absolution for a plot fermented while angry and full of myself. I was happy we did not succeed.

"Yes we shall both be there and look forward to your grand presence at so simple a gathering. I cannot overstate the honor it is to have you." I bowed and then I presented my purse to her. "Your Highness, if I may present a simple gift to you." With her permission, and the presence of Jules right there, I open my purse and draw out a beautiful arrangement of purple silk flowers. I'd made them myself during the sleepless nights.

It was something to keep my hands and thoughts busy, but I'd gotten quite good at it. The flowers were gently spritzed with my own perfume, so they smelled of me as I presented the soft eternal blossoms to her.

[Rolling to Turn On the Queen with hand made gifts.
Krysmbot Jenner, 10 = 10
I gain a string on the Queen.
]

She accepts the flowers and I bow again. I sincerely hope our beautiful Queen treasures them. As I move to step away I am waylaid by Monsieur Bruno Delacroix. I give him a smile, still warm from my successful audience. We had dinner with Sévrine this evening, but Bruno was one more noble in the courts with whom we could use some leverage. I couldn't very well deny my sister, and myself, this opportunity. "I have some plans this evening but I am certain they shall not take the whole night. We would welcome g-grand company such as yours. I do not see why the pair of us cannot manage both. We would be honored to join you." I managed it with only the slightest bit of a stammer, I was proud of myself! I give him a polite dip of my head, linger at his side for a moment more, then politely move away from him.

I lurk long enough to hear Her Majesty's reply to my gift before I make my way back to rejoin my other half.

"Monsieur Bruno Delacroix shall be taking us to the theater tonight after our evening meeting with Madame Sévrine." I inform her in a whisper. "A good opportunity to make a connection and an impression." I can't help but grin, the Queen had accepted my gift! Of course this would also get in the way of our plans for Remy, but we had plenty of time.

I let my mind wander, how could we manage to see Sévrine, go to the show with Bruno, and strike out at Remy tonight and what would be the best way to do it?

[Its time to Gaze into the Abyss to learn time management.
Krysmbot Jenner, 9+1 = 10
The visions are lucid and detailed and they show me what I must do, I carry 1 forward to doing it
Marking XP for Dark as well.
]

Jenner fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 6, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm:0/4, XP:3/5, Conditions:

I frown, slightly. Not at Eveline's gift to the Queen - though why she would offer her own work to the woman who sentenced us to die when I already had succeeded in luring her to a remote location was something I'd have to question her about later - but rather at her creating plans without my input; plans that affected plans that I had made for us. Especially since she was grinning about it - was she daft? Did she seek to undermine my stratagem? Who did she think she was anyway, to tell ME what we would be doing with our evening - she was my echo, not my master. I had no master! At least, none who would be living for very much longer...

Still, this was court, so I kept my voice even and even affected a small smile as I patted her hand and took her off to the side a bit, away from the prying ears of others. "Dear, sweet sister..." I whispered back. "...have you forgotten, perhaps, that you asked me to begin arrangements for another after dinner meeting tonight?" My eyes flicker towards Remy still sitting in the front row, for a moment, and then back to her. "I have a plan, for this evening, created for your benefit. I do not see how we would have time for a play." My eye twitches at the corner. Was this her way of trying to gather us more power? Did she consider herself being helpful? I sighed. "I know these things can be trying, but you must remember, the difference between real power and hidden servitude is in the method of delivery. To attend Monsieur Delacroix's affair as his dates indentures us to him. True power is to be seized, not given. A whipped dog is fed scraps, an alpha wolf hunts for her meals." I shake my head and roll my eyes.

"Still, at this point there is nothing further that can be done, we would appear even weaker if we did not acquiesce to his suggestion now. In the future, if approached on such matters, seem too busy - make them reschedule to a time of our choosing. This is how to take control of the relationship. Now I'll have to correct for this misstep at the play, and find another time to deal with our old friend." I grumble, but my expression softens after a few moments. After all, she was a part of me, her mistake was mine to correct. It was the way of things. I patted her cheek delicately. "It's alright though my dear, I'll think of something. Just remember to consult me when you feel overwhelmed. I will always help..." Was she even listening? She seemed to be staring off into the middle distance, again.

Sometimes I despaired to be eternally entwined to one so damaged. But as I fixed her with a frustrated glare, I mused - no one else would even pay her attention, without me. Truly, it is the burden of the strong to carry the weak.

Cuz she's in a mood and doesn't like being overstepped/ignored, Adelaide is shutting down Eveline. Tagging Wallflower for an additional +1

2d6+2: 9 [2d6=4, 3]

Let's trade conditions, going to tag Eveline with "Weaker Half"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark -1
Xp 2/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions
Frustrating

"I am a creature of the court." I lament to her back with a shrug. How so many who made their lives on talking so frequently misunderstood each other was a mystery. I suppose she would have rather I give her a quest to win my love, some structured way to suffer the courtly romance? Or is this just another step in the dance? I am only passingly familiar with the romances and dread that I will likely write my own some day. My thoughts are interrupted by the servant bumping into me. "Why such haste good man? You are even mixed up in direction you're heading away from the stable. You must be new. Do you need direction?"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 2
Harm: 0/4 XP: 2/5 Conditions:

As expected, adulation is already being heaped upon Jules' humble head. She seems to positively glow in the queen's reflected brilliance. It would be infuriating if she were not so sincere. Such a rare prize!

But I mustn't let myself be distracted. Now is my opportunity to plant a seed in Le Vimeur's mind. I note that he is already apprehensive about the duel - the man may be a braggart, but he is clearly not a complete idiot. Good. If he is afraid, he will be more receptive to seeking aid. The difficulty will be in ensuring that he approaches me, and not the other way around. Even though Jules' back is turned, I cannot afford to be seen too close to her opponent. So how... ah, I think I see an opportunity.

There, on the edge of Le Vimeur's circle, I catch sight of Hubert de Roissy. An unassuming man; some would go so far as to say plain. Le Vimeur seems to genuinely enjoy his company, and he does in fact have rather a dry wit when he is at ease. Unfortunately, he is rarely at ease, and has a rather intolerable stammer that only worsens when he becomes nervous. So intolerable, in fact, that he sought the help of the Royal Librarian, who turned him away with a sniff - it is fortunate that M. du Rhône's aide was present, no? I presented him with a concoction that I promised would steady his nerves and still his tongue. In truth, the potion had little power beyond a weak sedative effect, but half of the power of these things is in the act of consumption, not the ingredients themselves. Lo and behold, with his confidence bolstered and his mind at ease, he found that he could be perfectly charming company! And he was, of course, exceptionally grateful.

I approach de Roissy obliquely, as if I am heading for the other side of the room, before I catch his eye. "M'sieur de Roissy!" I give a polite bow. "I hope the day finds you well?" I position myself so that he stands between me and Le Vimeur. We should look like nothing more than two old acquaintances exchanging pleasantries. I lower my voice a little. "Your friend has bitten off rather more than he can chew, has he not? I do hope his reputation doesn't suffer terribly." I smile innocently. "At least he has so many loyal friends to... assist him." I shake my head ruefully. "Yet, I suppose that upon the dueling ground he must stand alone." I pause, then shake my head. "Forgive me, I am distracted. How are you?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Jules: "Charming, you possess the talents of a courtier and a duelist the realm could definitely use more women of your resourcefulness." the Queen says her firm gaze sweeping across the close circle of her advisers some of whom have the courtesy to look chagrined by their monarchs point about the value of women.

She turns to one of her secretaries "Pierre see to it that a warrant is prepared to assist the Ensign in her enquires. You will of course keep me personally informed of what you discover. If somone is seeking my death again I wish to see to it that they are appropriately punished."

she promises you help with your investigation.

Eveline: You cannot help but notice that beneath the iron mask there is a certain element of joy. It is well known at court that the Queen has a love of flowers and has spent much time and manpower in remodelling the gardens of the Palais. "A wonderful gift" the queen murmurs to you beneath the hubbub of the court. It seems you have won no small measure of royal favour for you well-aimed gift. And the tongues set wagging by your sister previously now turn their attention to you...

Still you manage to step back and make room for others around you and most of the courtiers attentions are diverted to the next petitioner. Still your sister is right your date it is going to make your night a lot more difficult. There's just no way you and your sister can be in three different places at once is there the timetable is impossible you are just beginning to despair of how to manage when.

"Dammit, first night tickets as well what rotten luck and now they're worthless to me." you overhear Lord Alfonso, complaining to one of the other courtiers "mother's got some bee in her bonnet about the "decadence of court" and has rode up from the provinces to make sure I'm not being corrupted by the fleshpots of court" his crony replies "well your mistress won't be happy at having to lie low then, and you'd better lock up your wine cellar, still best to grin and bear it if you wish to keep your inheritance."

That's it! Remy has an odd taste in women for a man of his rank and seemed to favour the actresses of the Queens Theatre. Perhaps if someone could obtain the tickets from Lord Alfonso and arrange for them to end up Remy's hands it would make your dilemma of time and place a lot more solvable.....

Eveline gets +1 forward to getting the tickets, and giving them to Remy. Also you still owe Adelaide a condition

Ravion: "Ah it's not the stables I seek Monsieur but thank you for your kindness. I have a delivery here for a noble lady to be sent to her quarters." He blushes as if he realises he has said too much "So if you'll excuse me Monsieur I will be on my way."

if you want to find out more you're going to have to manipulate it out of him or roll hold steady to follow him in secret.

Severine: "Sadly one cannot bring ones friends with him to the duelling ground." he agrees. "Still personally I am fine, especially thanks to your wonderful tonic." he smiles. "But I suppose there is no tonic that can make a man into a master swordsman overnight." he sighs. "No it seems he will simply have to accept his defeat with as mush cheer as he can." "Well good day to you Mademoiselle and I hope your affairs prosper."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:siren: New Scene :siren:

Several Hours Later...

Despite starting with a bang although not thankfully literally due to Jules's quick reactions the audience quickly dissolves into the usual wrangling and politicking about land disputes, taxes and the wonderful alchemical process that is guaranteed to work with just a little more gold to make it possible.... Still after an exhausting morning the crowd is left to disperse to their own affairs for the afternoon.

Eveline: Did you follow through on your plan to manipulate Remy's trip to the theatre how did it go? Still it is nearly time for your tea with Severiene. Are you looking forward to it?

Adelaide: So what did you think of your sisters plan when she explained it you? After all it's an idea you might have come up with yourself perhaps. Were you proud of her or did you consider that she was encroaching on your territory? What do you hope to gain from this little tête-à-tête with Severine anyway?

Jules: So where have you spent your afternoon following your public praise from the queen? One of the Queens ladies-in-waiting catches you up late on the afternoon and hands you a very formal piece of parchment

Warrant posted:

Provide Lieutenant Saint-Martin of the Musketeers with every assistance and courtesy in pursuit of her appointed task.

Signed
Marie Rex

"Her majesty apologises for the delay mademoiselle err excuse me lieutenant but affairs of state of necessity had to come first." the lady in waiting explains. Still both the parchment and the lady appear to have made a mistake and got your rank wrong do you point this out or do you just move on with your investigation?

Ravion: Did you get any information out of the palace servant? What do you think of the petty politics of the court anyway?

Severine Looks like the hook you planted earlier has reeled in a substantially large fish than you may have expected. Le Vimeur himself has turned up outside your quarters and requested an audience . "Madamoiselle I shall not waste your time but I have it from a reliable source that you are a veritable genius of potions and poultices. I seek something to give me an edge in single combat and I will pay anything for your help." Well flattery is always nice but do you have anything in mind that could give him an edge? What does it do and what do you charge him for it?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Charlotte
Hot:-1 Cold: +2 Volatile: -1 Dark: +1
Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Untested Blamed

As one of Gilbert's lackeys throws out the insult I bite my tongue. The throne room was no place to browbeat a worthless worm such as him. It was all a game to him, battle and war as a sport in which points were kept and the only goal was glory.
Father thought differently. Half a century of scraping it out for survival will do that to you.

It was quite manifest during the last conflict with our neighbors. The opposing army had set up siege outside the Tour d'Auvergne Castle, intent on taking it before reinforcements arrived. But this was no dainty fairy tale castle made of dreams but a fortress of the most modern construction, shaped like a star and bristling with cannon and mortar. Father had been unable to send my mother, brother and I away in time before the roads had been cut off so he kept us in the keep while he lead the defense at the ramparts.

Despite my father's strict instructions, I manged to sneak out and get to the roof of the keep on the final day of the siege. There I had a clear view of the siege in all of it's terrible glory. The enemy's lines of parallels, redans, and ditches that scarred the ground in front of the walls. Artillery on both sides fired upon each other, filling the sky with a deafening wall of noise that made it nearly impossible to think.I saw my father leading his men from the ravelin outside the wall.

But in the next moment the enemy hurled themselves from the trenches in a final attempt to take the ground next to the wall. Father stood his ground. He knew that if retreated the wall would be forfeit to sappers. He and his men did not fight for glory or honor. They fought for survival and victory, as the only defeat they would consider was every man being cut down.

But as the melee looked hopeless a cry went up from the enemy's side. I looked to the horizon and saw that salvation had come. Reinforcements had come, enough to hammer the enemy upon the rock of the Tour d'Auvergne Castle. Panic quickly spread through their lines and the day was won.

When father found me outside of the room I was supposed to be in, he was quite cross.

That is what Gilbert and all of the peons like him fail to recognize. If you treat all of this court intrigue like a game you risk little and gain little. But treating it like war meant riches or ruin, feast or famine. The heights of power or a death in anonymity. I have seen battle and I am willing to bring it here and crush those who have never seen it.

Gilbert must be disgraced enough by this duel to never set foot again in court. Or worse. All of his lackeys will fade away without their patron. Rather then having to trim this weed branch by branch it will be burned to the roots with fire.

As Jules moves to receive Her Majesty's thanks, I quickly plot my own course of action. I look through the crowd and my eyes fall upon Charles Emmanuel Sigismond. He despises Gilbert and all he stand for, fearing that the foolish boy may actually ride to war if it comes. The inevitable defeat that follows would be bad for his business, along with the whole invasion aftermath. I walk over to him and quickly strike up a conversation, curtsying as I approach.

"Monsieur Sigismond, it is a delight to see you here despite the commotion that has come about. As you can see the bluster of braggarts only gets louder when confronted with real skill. Even moreso when the obvious is pointed out. We should spend Jules a gift, non? He deserves to be rewarded richly for saving the queen." The sentence seems normal but the look in my eyes is clear. Jule's "gift" should cause Gilbert to rue the day he first picked up a sword.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Charlotte: When you return you find a saddle has been placed in the middle of your quarters and that note...

How incredibly insolent!! Which of your enemies do you think was responsible for this outrageous insult? Do you intend to prove their involvement or are you just going to strike back at them anyway?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Xp 2/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions Frustrating

The ladies of the court are a rose bush as ever. Pleasant to look at but if you happen to fall into the mess you're come out bleeding. It starts out with petty insults like the trivial nonsense I came across earlier today. It didn't feel very worth the debt to my purse to discover what the servant was up to. My suspicions that an escape horse was being prepared were unfounded. Still I may yet use this information. I could ingratiate myself with the poor victim of the asinine prank, but more importantly I may be able to play her off Lady Adelaide who has shown a worrying interest in me before. That is in the whole thing doesn't blow up in my face and I find myself besieged from too fronts. I consider my options moving about the living quarters. If I was certain of the destination I could simply remove the saddle and we would be free of flaring tempers and the pistol and poison that typically follows.

Manipulate npc 8 Paying him to find out more.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 2
Harm: 0/4 XP: 2+1/5 Conditions:

Oh, but this is perfect! I was expecting the man to be reluctant, was preparing for additional chance encounters to nurture the seed I entrusted to de Roissy, but this is almost too easy. "You flatter me, sir. My remedies merely accentuate that which is already present within oneself. But of course, that can be precisely the edge one needs in difficult times." I pause, as if to search my mind, although I already know exactly what I shall give him. "If you will permit me a moment, I will search my chamber. I may have just the thing." I return to him after an apposite length of time with a vial containing a pinch of crushed leaves. "Swallow these with water an hour before the duel. This herb originates in the Indies. They say that the Indians consume it before hunting tigers." Merchant's patter, of course. "Whether that is true, I cannot say, but this much I assure you: your senses will be keener, your reactions faster, your muscles more ready to spring into action. A duel is fought between minds as well as bodies, no? This herb will make your mind superior."

Of course, no potion can turn a fool into a swordsman, I do not say. That is not to say I was lying; everything I tell him about the herb is true, if a little exaggerated. Alone, it will at best help him perform passably and avoid humiliation. But if, for some reason, Jules were to be unnaturally clumsy, or slow, or careless... it might just tip the balance.

"As regards payment, I am not so base to demand recompense before you have the result you seek, especially because I cannot guarantee you success." I emphasise the word so that it will linger in his mind. "Let us speak again of these things after the duel, though I am sure your gratitude will be reward enough." In truth, I would far prefer material recompense than a vague note of credit from this man, but such things attract attention I would rather avoid.

--

I return to my chamber after bidding Le Vimeur good day. That was the simple part of the exercise, I fear - ensuring that Jules acquits herself poorly will be much more difficult. But that can wait. I have supper with the... delightful sisters Malveaux to attend. Normally, this would be the sort of occasion I would endeavour to avoid, but they are a rather intriguing pair - shy, sincere Eveline and proud, confident Adelaide. The former pliable, eager to please, the latter superior but still possessed of a certain grudging respect for me... I think? It would be useful indeed to have their trust, or, failing that, to weaken that united front, leave each more open to manipulation.

I look myself over in the mirror. I suppose I will have to prepare myself, dress myself up and the like. Tedious, really. Where to begin? Well, Raum? Enlighten me. What should I expect from the twins? What can I offer them that they might need? And how should I present myself to them?

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+2 8
I'm going to tag Evey's Wallflower for +1, and spend a string on Ade to take it to 10. (Ferrosol has said this is ok.) String to Raum for use of Elsewise Power (Metamorphosis). Experience for Dark.
The visions show me what I must do, and I take 1 forward to doing it. The visions show me what I must become, and I swap two of my stats: Hot and Volatile.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 5/5 | Conditions: Wallflower, Weaker Half

I flinched, actually flinched as she talked down to me. I also felt terrible, I should have consulted her we were a team after all. I needed her brilliant mind sometimes to temper my own emotional choices. I'd made a mess and I seethed a moment at how I very nearly missed a chance to begin to act out our revenge on the insipid Remy. What we would need now was ruthlessness. The type of ruthless that more easily came to my other half than to I. But I would have to suffice.

[Adelaide is given the condition Ruthless.]

The Queen's praise and acceptance of my gift sent tongues waggling and suddenly my silken flowers were all the desire around court. It was at this moment that an idea to claim Duke Alfontso's tickets came to me. Still shaken from my scolding I hastily whisper to my sister my plans for getting the tickets to Remy. I would get the tickets and then she would deliver them to our victim. It was a flawless plan. I explained to her that I would do so by offering an exchange, why settle for simple tickets when one could have a bouquet of silken flowers. I would make him one over night in exchange for his tickets now.

With my sister's approval I set off to attain my prize.

[Rolling to Manipulate an NPC
It's a 12
The exchange should be enough of a bribe and motive.
]

Tickets in hand I approached my sister and delivered them, she would have to seal the deal. After all, we were a team.

[Counting on your Disaffected to get us through this!]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had put on one of the finer gowns, as my sister had promised I could. We'd procured pork loin and potatoes with asparagus from the scullery and I'd managed to dredge up both a kettle of a unique and flavorful tea I quite favored and a fine bottle of wine from "uncle" should the evening call for it. I was fidgeting, and checking myself over then re-checking myself over. Nervous to appear lovely to our equally lovely guest and still riding high from the Queen's acceptance of my gift. The image of her pleased smile was burned into my mind and we'd gotten no less than a dozen formal requests for an arrangement delivered to our quarters. I took a breath and tried to calm myself.

[Rolling to Hold Steady vs Hot Dates!
It's a 10
I keep cool and carry 1 forward during this scene
I also mark XP for cold and Level Up.

I take Dissipate
o Dissipate
You can walk through walls.
]

I fussed with my dress and looked over at my sister searchingly. "How do I look?" I asked. I was very nervous. Madame Sévrine would be here any moment!

Jenner fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 12, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm:0/4, XP:4/5, Conditions: Ruthless

Ah, there, you see? With some proper encouragement even the weak among us can have moments of brilliance! While I certainly have a concept of territory - one which I hope to be expanding more and more in future days - it doesn't extend to Eveline. She is I, or at least a dim echo of what I once could have been, I suppose. So when she explained her strategy - obtaining Lord Alfontso's tickets by trading for something more valuable - I was proud, if somewhat wary. After all, he was still technically doing her a favor, but, at the same time, her craft was priceless, so in truth he was getting a bargain, and would be a fool to come asking for recompense later. The scales, it seemed, had been balanced once more, and I needn't do anything but remind Eveline of what she was capable.

Of course, she still left it to me to get Remy to the show, which was wise on her part. Though her inspiration was as a bolt of lightning - lightning never strikes the same place twice. Still, I'd need a sounding board to make it work, so I dragged her over towards Remy's side of the court room with me and perked up in mildly disappointed conversation while within his earshot, as if we were in the middle of a conversation. I kept us at a point that would be at the corner of his vision - I don't believe he recognized us; death and resurrection hadn't done much to change our appearance outright, but it did seem to scrub the particulars from many people's memories - nevertheless anything we could do to not immediately draw attention to the fact that we were the unquiet Genevive Beauchene was to our benefit, in this instance.

"...Such a shame it is, too, that Lord Alfontso will not be able to attend the theatre with us tonight after all. I was so looking forward to seeing if the tales of his virility were exaggerated or not." A wry chuckle. "Still, I suppose his ticket will be wasted, sister. It's not as if we can find another source of amusement on such short notice now. And after I had secured such a delightful port for us all to share after the performance, too, alas..." A disappointed pout, and the sound of weary resignation in my voice. One did not win the hearts of men or women by fawning over them or seeming helpless - one did so by seeming unavailable and distant.

Gonna turn on that Remy by seeming out of reach. Disaffect all up ins.

2d6+1: 11 [2d6=6, 4]

Commence your fawning! I'll take a string on him, too since I haven't gotten anything but promises this scene from turn ons!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, that is not to say a certain degree of vamping it up was not in order in some situations. If one was not practiced in the fine art of alluring disinterest, one could always turn to the vulgar advantage of emphasizing one's finer physical attributes.

Case in point, in preparing for dinner with Severine, Evey had asked for my opinion on her appearance. Admittedly, this could be seen as a somewhat foolish question, since I knew I looked amazing in that dress, and well, she and I were identical. Nevertheless, I came up behind her with an amused smile and pulled the strings on her corset tighter. Cleavage was a cheap trick, but it has felled many in it's day and it would help to enrapture one more this evening. "One must suffer for fashion, my dear sister." I said in an approximation of Vanessa's sing-song - how often had I been in the other position while modeling myself for her, after all? Letting Evey have a taste of that was oh so amusing, luckily she needed to breathe as little as I - if not less. "And, as well..." I stooped down a moment and pinned up one side of her skirts - high enough that her leg might slip into view now and again - if Severine caught sight of it once she would be inclined to keep looking - either finding it tempting or scandalous, and either way rendered off-balance by it. "...there, perfectly enticing now. It's not often I can put you in a position to have you be the one showing off, after all." I smile up at her with a raised eyebrow and get back to my feet, taking another moment to make sure her chest is in the correct place with a smirk. "I'm excited for you, you know. Finally a chance for you to be the center of attention. Revel in it, dear Eveline."

Oops, accidentally turning on Eveline. +1 to this since it's an attempt to get power over Severine I'm dolling her up, and tagging Wallflower for an additional +1.

2d6+1: 6 [2d6=3, 2]

I'll spend a string to make it a 7. Let's start the scandal early! Self/string/promise Eveline? I'll take an xp for rolling hot.

It was a valid question, I suppose - what possible use would I have for Severine now? Why would I waste hours on entwining her further around our fingers when she was already in a position of owing us? But ah, dear reader, one can always tighten the noose, or the corset, as the case may be. I fiddled with my own top at the thought for a moment - no harm in dazzling her twice-over, after all. If a small debt from a bottle of wine turns into a large debt, or, more advantageously, an outright alliance after tonight's tawdry little dalliance? Well then, imagine what I might accomplish if I have Severine firmly in my corner instead of holding onto her by a metaphorical pinky? If one begins at the bottom of a wall and has no ladder with which to climb to the top, one must assemble the rungs using the raw materials at hand.

Besides all of that, it would do Eveline some good to continue to place her in a position where she can practice her art of manipulation. Such a thing would advantage the both of us, and so even if I did not think a true compact between Madamoiselle de Raziel and ourself was possible, it was still an acclimation of power of a sort to give Eveline a taste of it.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 12, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Jules Saint-Martin

Mistake? Pardon me? Do you think our Queen some scatter-brained waif? She called me ensign in front of the court. She calls me a lieutenant now. and so does the messenger She has sent. Thus, She considers me a lieutenant. Her will be done in this matter. Normally there might be a ceremony or something, but she shall have her reasons to arrange this promotion in a more subtle way. I am not to question her. "Have the Queen know my gratitude at the trust she sets in me. I will obtain results."

After that, it's time to research. However, I know I might need some assistance with this. Someone with sharp eyes and a sharp wit, who has shown herself to be trustworthy, and who I wish to lure away from dealing with foul and devilish magic. I speak of course of Severine. Even her name is promising. It speaks of duty and seriousness, rather than the usual names that but talk of idle things. I change my uniform to one not smelling of blood, allowing the vague excitement in the back of my mind to calm. I do not actually have the markings of an ensign, but that will be dealt with later. Besides, if the Queen seeks to give this promotion discreetly, it would behoove me to handle it discreetly.

And thus, I go to to Lady Severine's room, knowking at her door, hoping no devilish matters are distracting her.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Charlotte de la Tour d'Auvergne
Hot:-1 Cold: +2 Volatile: -1 Dark: +1
Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Untested Blamed

My servant Claire ducks out of the way as a bottle of perfume that cost more then the average peasant makes in a year is smashed against the wall.

"My lady, I assure you that I do not know who sent it. I was just as surprised as you when I found it in your quarters!"

A second bottle flies through the air and cracks into half a dozen pieces as it meets the wall. The insolence of some palace guttersnipe, thinking them could strike at me with a reminder of this false rumor. But this was business as usual for this den of cowardly snakes.

My immediate anger cooling off, Claire ceases in cowering from my rage and proceeds to clean up the mess. I allow the anger to stew, aiming it into more productive goal, revenge. An immense book with the faces of all of the courtiers opens in mind and it quickly settles upon the most likely candidates. Lady Arbith was under suspicion of course, my public humiliation of her could have driven her to do such a thing. But this was subtle and nonpublic, it seems not her style in the least. But who else could it be? My mind immediately flips to another suspect. Or to be more precise, a pair suspect. The Malveaux sisters. This kind of cowardly sniping reeked of those jealous of their betters. The anger grows even more.

But to attack them alone? That would be foolish. a dragon braying about the scamper of mice would only validate their tactics. I leave my chambers to ponder this impasse and bump into Hugh Du Paraquette. I suddenly see my chance to strike back as he greets me, that barely concealed lecherous glare in his eyes ever present.

"Delighted to see you Monsieur Paraquette. I hope all find you well!" We banter for a bit, him exchanging the most unsubtle of flirtations. But as the conversation continues I drop Genevieve's name and see Hugh get visibly excited. I pounce upon the opportunity.

"...indeed the arrows of cupid are flying everywhere these days. Just today I spoke with Genevieve of the Malveaux sisters and heard her swoon over some dashing future Chevalier. She is just so shy, that she dare not show her affection openly! It seems as though her knight in shining armor must make the first move."

Manipulate Hugh Du Paraquette to think that Genevieve is crazy about him: 2d6-1 10

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm: 0/4 XP: 3+1/5 Conditions:

I am just putting the finishing touches to my hair when I I hear the knock upon my door. How curious. And who should be calling upon me but the ensign? How delightfully frustrating. Were her visit to come at any other time, I would be more than happy to invite her into my lair chambers. But I am already expected chez Malveaux, and the line between fashionably late and simply late is thin indeed.

"The hero of the hour! To what do I owe the pleasure, Jules?" I open the door wide and step back inside, but I do not invite the ensign in after me. "I am afraid I am expected for supper, so I cannot give you my undivided attention just yet." I do rather hope she watches me as I retreat briskly, my back turned. The dress I am wearing fits my body perfectly, like a second skin, and the skirts are almost unfashionably narrow, the better to draw attention to... well, you understand, I am sure. The neckline is perhaps uncharacteristically modest, but one must play to one's strengths, no? The corset is uncomfortable, to say the least, but that is as much the fault of the lesser demon who laced it up as anything else - he had a rather spiteful manner.

I gather my remaining bits and pieces briskly and return to the threshold. I give Jules a second to admire the ensemble, then take her arm firmly. "Come, we can at least enjoy the evening air. I would be glad of an escort."

Turn On (Hot-headed) Jules: 2d6+2 9
String, promise, self. Experience for Hot.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Jules Saint-Martin

I do of course not enter her room. It would not be proper. Not that there is anything that might happen there.

Right?

Honestly, I avoid thinking too much of... matters of the flesh. What point is there? To be a warrior I reject motherhood and womanhood, and thus I cannot engage in courtship. And as a musketeer, I must be of high reputation, so I have no intention of engaging in debauchery or superficial flings. There's... days when the mind wanders and the blood runs hot, but usually, I have found that it can be a good thing to drive practice and hunting. That then, is a pleasure I am allowed, and encouraged to take, let the flames of lust be subsumed in the flames of battle.

But it does not always work, and as Séverine retreats, my eyes wander, and my heart quickens.

Hold Steady Against Severine: 2d6-1 6 Giving her some cues that Jules isn't left indifferent, plus giving her the escort

It has been suggested that, a man's role that I've taken, I might take a man's role in these affairs with a woman. I might even have some women who have tempted me, but I did never engage them. It is a distraction, and besides, it is one of the things where I can never be the equal to one born the warrior's sex. I hide my body, bind down its curves, work against the challenge the Lord chose to set for my divine purpose, the last thing I want to do is to engage in an act that reminds me in the most primal way that I am not... a conventional warrior.

Usually that is. Seeing Séverine so vulnerable, her back turned to me, her body's forms exposed. The desire comes up to step in, to claim, to hold, to feel. My mind goes from the appallingly saccharine to the disturbingly primal. Her bed is inside. It would only be two steps. Would she refuse me? I forced myself to look away, my cheeks getting flushed. Was this how the likes of Simonis felt all the time? No matter, these were but idle thoughts. I would of course never act on such scandalous impulses. Let blood only turn hot when blood need spilling.

When she takes my arm, I resist the impulse to draw it away, and also the impulse to wrap my own arm around her body. As I turn my gaze on her, I struggle to keep it chastely at her face "I... I will escort you, naturally." Her smell was driving me to distraction. "In truth, I came to ask you for... assistance." I grab duty and the matter in hand to return my drifting mind to heel on serious matters. "I seek to understand the cause of the assailant today. There were things I heard there that I did not speak off again, for fear of warning someone. In truth, the man sought to kill another, a man. He wished for revenge for his daughter. Yet he waited until the Queen and her followers were there. One within her entourage has willingly or not caused such pain to the man, in relation to his daughter, that he gladly died to strike at him." The grimness of the sbject and the cool air do a lot to cool me down.

"I do not regret bringing about his death, for where he was, he should have knelt and asked her for justice, rather than endangering her. Yet it is possible one close to the Queen has committed some atrocity. If it is so, then I wish to know. For the Queen must know." I look at her. "You sharp of eye and wit, and your role allows you to hear and see what I cannot. I would not ask a woman for aid normally, yet you are no ordinary woman. Should you wish so, I would not be quiet of your assistance either. I was quiet on your involvement because I know not if you appreciated the attention."

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm: 0/4 XP: 4/5 Conditions:

It is a matter of a few fleeting moments, but I do believe I detect the slightest flicker in Jules' eyes, the slightest hesitation in her voice, and her arm clasps mine just a shade too tightly. It is gratifying, even thrilling; I am not ashamed to admit that. Some women and indeed some men live in terror of their desires, but not I, even if those desires owe a little to Raum's machinations. Jules has too much self-restraint to express anything except cordial regard in her behaviour, but now I am sure that some of that same desire stirs within her.

As we walk through the grounds, arm in arm, I listen with interest as she describes her intended investigation. Of course, my interest is not in the disappointing tale of petty revenge forestalled, but in Jules herself. Such absolute confidence, such certainty in her decision to take a man's life where others might, for example, prevaricate over the choice of a dress for supper. And yet such naïveté! One does not reach the Queen's inner circle without being either extremely fortunate or utterly ruthless; one pictures a queue of embittered enemies outside the door to the audience chamber, each with a pistol in his or her doublet. It is merely a question of nerve as to whether they would pursue their revenge to its conclusion.

Nevertheless, I am perfectly willing to assist Jules in her search for truth. After all, it will afford me plenty of time to spend with her, and while I confess I am unsure what I have done to merit her esteem so far, I am only too happy to see it increase further. As for the situation with Le Vimeur... well, matters are evolving, are they not? We shall see how the dice fall.

"As long as you do not require me at this very instant, I would be more than happy to assist you in your inquiries. As you say, I am sure we would be well suited as partners... in this enterprise." We walk on towards the Malveaux sisters' apartments. "You are correct when you say that I have never hungered for attention or fame or anything of that nature. And we shall have to proceed with discretion, no?" Yes, Jules, your attention will be a more than adequate reward... but I keep that to myself. "How might I be of most assistance?"

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Wallflower, Weaker Half

As my sister adjusts my bust I can't help but giggle. She still had the ability to make me feel. Perhaps it was the emotional connection, the closeness between us. We were, after all, the same person. Who would know me best and care for me best but myself? Such affectionate exchanges between the pair of us were not rare and I was grateful for their happenings, for the validation it gave me. Her fawning now brought back memories of our childhood. Of doting family and close friends. I always reveled in our sisterly teasing and I spun to face her now and slipped my arms around my other half hugging her close and pressing a kiss to her cheek. I basked in the feeling of unconditional acceptance, or closeness, that came with the exchange. I snuggled her, I loved her.

[Giving myself platonically!]

With a sigh I separate from the embrace and tidy myself up with a grin to myself. "Thank you." I breath at her, I had needed the comfort and encouragement. "We're going to be amazing." I say with a smile. I head back into our waiting room then, to wait. I might pace just a little, but it was because I was excited. I was glad, truly glad to have my sister but her ways were not always my ways. She seemed always preoccupied with how she could manipulate or use someone, how she could endebt a person to her. That was why she engaged with others, always playing the game. But me?

I just wanted a friend.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Eveline: It's nearly time! Even Adelaide is starting to fret a little. What about Severine most intrigues you anyway? Do you see her as just a friend or do you hope for something more? Are you even capable of more anymore?

Adelaide: You've spent so much time with your sister reassuring her and yourself that you've lost track of time, when you go to check on the servants who have been preparing dinner what do you find that they've overlooked? Do you intend to punish them for it later? What about yourself will you apologise to her or will you try to brazen it out for fear of showing weakness to a rival?

Severine: "You meet the most interesting people at court my dear," Raum replies in oddly courteous manner "Take your twins for example. An odd pair two girls with one soul between them. Outwardly similar but inwardly different. Still do not underestimate them, Together they are a formidable opponent, separate as you have so cleverly identified they are vulnerable. Divide them and you weaken them. They will never be your pawns, and the fleshy one is too clever for her own good." he sighs "A pity their situation intrigues me and I would seek to learn more of it, out of let's say professional curiosity. Still even I cannot always have what I want."

"Oh one more thing, if you seek to use your physical charms as a weapon in future you might seek to draw in tighter your corset to accentuate your figure and add a bit of a sway to your walk. Like so." The mirror in front of you ripples slightly and your reflection changes. The dress on your image tightens and it turns to walk away a slight sway in it's stride that causes your derrière to swing enticingly to anyone behind you. "Above all confidence is key establish what you want early and repeat it often."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

While observing Jules on the walk over here. Purely as a professional of course what weakness do you think you might have detected in her that might give Le Virmeur an edge in combat? Are you worried at all what she might do if she were ever to find out you are aiding her enemy?

Jules: So what role do you foresee for Severine in your little investigation? Obviously something that would keep her close to you something that would give you an excuse to keep her close and safe from further danger... yet still make best use of her talents.

You gain the condition Overprotective

When she parts from you as the two of you arrive at her destination. Reluctantly on your part you begin to walk away. So where do you intend to begin with your investigation? Is there someone in the court who owes you a favour that may be able to help you until Severine finishes whatever it is she is doing?

Ravion: "Well, Deacon. I shouldn't really but a wise man knows not to antagonise the church for fear of his immortal soul." the man nods. He doesn't mention the gold which now seems to have disappeared somewhere about his person. "But well promise you won't mention this to anyone else. Lady Malveaux asked me to deliver this to Lady De La Tour, with a note from her. Not sure why but it pays well and I aim to marry soon, so I need all the francs I can get." Hmm obviously more court intrigue. What do you even know about the Malveaux sisters? They're both fairly new at court aren't they. Have you encountered either of them as part of your official duties in the past?

he tells you all this on the condition you don't repeat it to anyone else.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm:0/4, XP:5/5, Conditions: Ruthless

How is it that a group of servants whose only real duties is preparing food would forget to prepare such a thing as the potatoes? Potatoes take quite some time to prepare, as I understand it, and yet...I saw no potatoes in the kitchen, anywhere. Not being cooked, not being garnished, not even being sliced. Later was nearly impossible to consider, the fools should be berated now, and I'd be happy to do so if it wouldn't ruin my composure. It was very important to keep one's composure in a situation like this, as giving a good impression to the lady Severine was oh so important...

Rolling to Hold Steady, here. Since holding steady is important to gaining power over Severine, I shall add +1 to this.

2d6+2: 11 [2d6=4, 5]

Cool as a cucumber. I'll carry one forward during this scene, and mark xp which makes five. I'll take Bought Loyalty from the Queen skin at this juncture.

...and so, I kept my calm. Later, after tonight, I'd be sure to punish the fools, and harshly, too. But for now we could improvise. "Jean-Luc, no potatoes? Hurry up with a salad, then, and you'd best pray it's the best salad you've ever made." I say, insistent but not at all emotional. With that I turn and leave the kitchen, with a "hmph!" as the only true indication of my displeasure for them.

"Sacre Bleu!" I intone breathlessly to Eveline as I return to the front room and her. "They forgot the pomme de terre, I had them improvise with a salad, I hope it will be sufficient." I roll my eyes - if there's one thing that I missed most about being a Beauchene it was having competent servants. At least they didn't forget the pork loin! That would have been a disaster. I smooth my dress out slightly in the front, and snap my fingers - a servant comes to the ready with the wine - chilled - and a trio of glasses which they set on the table. Best to be prepared for Severine's arrival, after all.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Alas, my promenade with Jules is over all too soon. The sensation of her proximity was as pleasant as I could have hoped for, although I noted a certain tension in her muscles. Tension stands a warrior well, a source of stored power like a coiled spring, but it can so easily tip into spasm... that could be useful, should I continue with my plan to sabotage the duel. However, I am less certain of that plan's necessity now that I have pledged to assist Jules in her personal work. I am not concerned about the possibility of her finding out. The only one who knows about my involvement is Le Vimeur himself, and he will not tell - if he wins, he will want to take the glory, and if he loses, he would not dare admit consulting a 'witch' for support. And even if he did, it would be a trivial matter to disavow him, tell all the world his potion was a sham, its effect merely placebo, and so compound his humiliation. So I am safe from suspicion, at least, and I still have time to decide what course of action to take.

One of the Malveaux' servants announces me as I enter their chambers; I do not wait meekly at the threshold, but glide into the room, letting my hips sway a little as Raum suggested. I offer both sisters the traditional kisses on the cheek.

"Mademoiselles! What an enchanting pair you make!" More than idle flattery, that - the sisters are quite a sight in their bold dresses, with rather pronounced corsetry. The ensemble suits the proud Adelaide perfectly - I dare say she would turn the heads of half the court. And it draws the most delicious contrast between Eveline's impressive figure and her rather shy affect. At least I can be assured my eyes will feast well. "Had I known you were making such an effort with your wardrobe, I would have gone further myself." You see, Raum, sometimes a modest dress can be an advantage. Well, a relatively modest dress, in both senses of the word.

Turn On (Wallflower) Eveline: 2d6+2 11
Taking a string.
Turn On (Ruthless) Adelaide: 2d6+2 9
Symbolic string, promise, self?

I gesture to the deeply inviting cups of wine. "Shall we?"

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Wallflower, Weaker Half

I'm fussing over the plates and making sure the salads are in order and checking myself over. Sévrine is so lovely and she seemed to be genuinely interested in this dinner and not just putting on airs for propriety. I usually kept to myself, I was a solitary sort. It was a lonesome existence in many ways with my sister my only company. Sévrine was not my sister, she was another person I could bring into my life and I wanted nothing more than to make more friends in court.

But when she enters our quarters my eyes settle on her walk and catch the beauty of her, even adorned in plainer attire as she was, my mind starts to change. I feel her body close to mine and her warm lips on my cold cheek in greeting and even with my dulled sensations of living I remembered that heat. Her smell, her presence, and I wanted her. My dead body may hold little sensation for me but I still hungered for them, I still sought them out with a thirst much like the thirst that killed me. Disappointment after disappointment layered upon every attempt but I still did not quit. I needed to feel again. I still had needs, I still had emotions and drives and desires, and right now I wanted to be more than friends with the dainty Sévrine.

"Mademoiselle Sévrine! What a delight to have you, thank you for coming." I press warmth into my voice and return her peck on the cheek with glee. "Yes please, have some wine, it's our own mix. Make yourself right at home! I hope you like pork." I bring three glasses of wine, handing our guest her glass first before giving my sister her glass of wine. I raise my glass, "A toast, to new friendship." I offer, and press my glass into theirs then sip from mine.

"Your chair is right this way." I purr as I guide Sévrine into the room, I'm admiring her walk as I show her to the table, and I lay my hand lightly on her arm as I point out her seat, my hand glides down her back as I draw out the chair for her. "This shall be your seat."

[Rolling to Turn On Sévrine right back!
Krysmbot Jenner, 7+0 = 7
Promise/Self/String?
]

The chairs are arranged at a circular table, my sister and I are at the ends and Sévrine sits between us.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm:0/4, XP:5/5, Conditions: Ruthless

My worry about the evening going well disappeared as I caught sight of the lady Severine entering our chambers. I couldn't help but offer her a somewhat hungry smile as I moved in to give her a polite peck on the cheek, I even offered her a hug, as well, forward though it may be.

I can't think of a promise and immediately jumping Severine's bones would probably be untoward so...sorry about that ghost string :(

"Welcome to our humble quarters, Madamoiselle de Raziel - have you somehow gotten yet more beautiful since we last saw you?" I asked smoothly as my sister offered me my wine glass. I accepted with a gracious smile. "I should think a bolder choice in dress for you would be quite the sight indeed." Hmm, an interesting thing to envision, I suppose. Still, it was certainly best to play it cool, here. She struck first, and with quite the opening salvo...I honestly think she might very well have gotten more attractive in the intervening hours - at the very least she seemed to be carrying herself better - and her interest was an obvious one. Not that I was complaining about the sight, mind you.

I turned on my heel and headed for the table, holding my glass up, I tapped on it with one fingernail, signaling to the servants to bring the food out, one course at a time, of course. In addition to that: "I propose a toast; to strong wine, good food, and beautiful guests!" I only spared Severine a glance as I spoke, over the shoulder, but the raised eyebrow should be enough of an invitation for her - for later, of course. Or I suppose, if she couldn't contain her excitement, now also worked.

Using Disaffected

<LifeGetsWorser> and a different turn on for a different character
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+1 = 8
<LifeGetsWorser> good, good
<LifeGetsWorser> krysmbot as always, my champion

Self/Promise/or String from Severine please?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Jules Saint-Martin

"If you would, find out about which people were with the Queen this morning. Are any of them prone to sudden action after the assassination, and have they been doing anything more cover than usual in the days past. "

I ask, then give a polite bow as she leaves. "I wish you a good night, and I hope to see you on the morrow." I regret she cannot stay with me... to investigate further of course, but she has her social duties.

As she leaves, I know who to go to next. Soon, I will need to find out who this man is, and things about his family. However, while I would not harm the innocent people of France, I am not always good with the soft touch. And the fact that I am the slayer of the man makes it unlikely those close to him would be inclined to speak candidly to me. I need someone popular with the common man, but idealistic enough that I cannot suspect him of being a party to it. In fact, I know a man who would most certainly not stand for it.

Of course, the fact that I must talk to the self-righteous Fransiscan is enough to darken my mood after the much more pleasant meeting now. Yes, I will need to go talk to Brother Ignatius. I go towards the servant's quarters, where he has insisted he remains, protocol be damned, even if he has a measure of favour from the Queen. I knock on the door. "Brother Ignatius, it is Jules Saint-Martin. i wish to speak with you on matters regarding the assassination attempt today."

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Oh, my. I was expecting a rather chillier reception from Adelaide, yet here I am, with the warmth of her embrace lingering on my body and that smile, that decidedly voracious look in her eyes... To think, I was worried I would end up debasing myself for her favour! I have learned not to rely on my inhibitions when wine is flowing. This might be a far more straightforward proposition than I had envisaged.

"Such flattery, Mademoiselle! And here I was half hoping to experience this famously cruel tongue they say you possess."

Shut down (Ruthless) Adelaide: 2d6 6
I'll spend a string to boost that to 7 and trade conditions: Adelaide gets Flatterer and gives Séverine one back.

And if Adelaide is unexpectedly warm, her sister seems downright affectionate! If this is an act, a double act even, it is a well-rehearsed one indeed. They want something from me, of that I am certain, but I have no objections to playing along with this game. That is why I am here, is it not? To win favour and influence? Conversation is not the only way to acquire these things.

"Thank you, Eveline. You are a gracious host."

I settle into my seat and take my first real sip of the wine, delighting in the pleasing shiver it sends through my mind. It is, predictably, an excellent vintage. The rare sort of debt I am only too happy to owe. "Your chambers are decorated so artfully, Mademoiselles. You have excellent taste. I do hope you will show me the rest of your quarters. It would be a shame to remain confined here." I raise an eyebrow at Adelaide.

Séverine is promising the twins what she thinks they want... effectively a delayed give self. :pervert:

I turn to Eveline. "I was most impressed by the gift you gave the queen." I gesture around the room. "I take it this elegant arrangement is your work as well? It would beggar belief for both sisters to share the same talents." I lean in conspiratorially, flicking my eyes towards her sister. "Tell me truly - we must all have our blind spots, our areas of weakness, no?"

Spending a string on Eveline, offering her XP to embarrass or undermine her sister.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm:0/4, XP:0/5, Conditions: Ruthless

I raise an eyebrow as I sit, in response to Severine's commentary. I do believe she was hoping to goad me into an adversarial position - which of course would put her at an advantage since she was a guest to my quarters. Well, I wouldn't be goaded. "Ah, such hopes! But we are not at court, are we? Besides, you may find I can have quite the pleasant tongue, depending on the circumstances."

I will counter spend a string to knock your shut down back down to a 6. No condition trades here!

I allow Severine to compliment Eveline, even if it served as a back-handed insult to me, instead I sipped coolly at my wine a moment. "Oh yes, Eveline is quite the artiste when she wishes it. She inherited the dreamer's mind from our...mother." I was more or less true - creativity wasn't something that came so easily to me, anymore. Still, I felt the trade off was relatively worth it; after all, look at the situation before us? Severine could obviously feel the circling of the predators, which was likely why, in her way, she was snapping like a cornered animal. Still, it was in vain; etiquette demanded that unless she was asked to leave or one of us committed such a social gaffe as to truly insult her, she needed to at least stay for the entirety of dinner and accept the provisions provided to her. Which meant that Evey and I had all the time in the world, relatively speaking, to go for the metaphorical kill on our fetching little quarry.

Ah, I am rambling - my point is that the trade off brought her back here - she never would have accepted Eveline's bumbling; if well-intentioned invitation. And she wouldn't feel threatened if she didn't feel herself at the mercy of the superior predator - which I was, of course. "But," I finally continued my previous vocal train of thought. "You may be surprised. Aside from our hobbies, there is little in the way of talent that Eveline and I do not share."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Jules: You hear an annoyed grunt from the other side of the door and the sound of a lock turning. "Ah the hero of the hour. Our bold and valiant killer." He says sourly as he swings open. "Say your part and let me be done with you." What do you see through the door behind him that surprises you? What makes you think that you can persuade the good brother to help you anyway when he's clearly not fond of you?

Severine "My your a quick study," Raum adds in the privacy of your own head. "Your technique could use a little work still, but such things always take practice." Does Raum often interject like this or is it another indication of his odd fascination with the twins? What are you going to do now?

Raum gives you the condition Inexperienced

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Jules Saint-Martin

I choose to ignore the sarcasm. "Little courage was needed in this case. I myself was not in any danger. I did nothing more, and nothing less than my duty to the queen." I respond. He keeps the door pretty closed, so I cannot actually see anything, but what I do smell is the scent of... brandy? Not exactly sacramental wine that. Does he have a visitor, or does the good Father Ignatius have some vices?

Ack, don't let courtier thoughts like that mess you up. It is irrelevant. Focus.

"And duty brings me here, father. By the Queen's order, I am to find out the man's motives for his action. And from his dying words, I have reason to believe one that was close to the Queen, had been walking with her in fact, was the actual target. A vengeance sworn for his daughter. On a man. Not all nobles are... beloved by the people, and some have made enemies. But if a man is so vengeful he's willing to not only risk, but throw away his life for it? Either one close to her Majesty is depraved, or there is a story here that needs solving. Yet I, being a bold and valiant killer, am likely to bring but heartache to those close to the slain man should I visit them. Your assistance would possibly aid in someone's evil being exposed in front of the court, it would prevent pain upon the family of the victim, and of course, my own glory might be lessened if it was proven the man I slew had intent upon another."

Manipulate Brother Ignatius: 2d6+1 9: What do I need to do to get him to assist me in my investigation?

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: Wallflower, Weaker Half

My but she is lovely, I take my seat on one side of the table and begin to eat. Eating is unusual for me, as I never have to go to the bathroom and get no sustenance from the food. I have no idea where the food goes once I eat it, it appears to just disappear. The sensation of eating was also a little weird. There is a lot about my current state which confounds me, but one of the perks was that I could enjoy the wine (I knew it tasted good, I had a hint of it, though it was duller on my tongue) without becoming intoxicated. So I was generous with the wine, perhaps seeming a bit of the lush. No matter, I gossiped about the latest court intrigues. Was Countess D'Agmore hiding a pregnancy, was the child the child of her husband or one of her many lovers? Was Lord Lucien Matthews really a cross dresser? All lovely and delightful court gossip like this. I laughed often, drank often, played the good host. My eyes drinking in the beautiful Séverine as they drank in the wine.

The salad was actually pretty good. I pushed my plate away after 'eating' my fill and stood, offering my hand to Séverine. "If you are done Madame please allow me the honor of giving you the tour."

[Hopefully taking that XP and undermining my Sister by claiming Séverine for myself.]

I begin to guide her through our chambers, showing off our study, the wash room with the clawfoot tub, our main entertainment room, every bit of our quarters though we both knew what I was saving for last. My hand rests on Séverine's back as I open the door to our bedchambers. "And here is where we sleep." I purr, walking my fingers up Séverine's spine. "Would you care to come inside?" I give her a meaningful look.

[Rolling to Turn On Séverine
Krysmbot JennerCELL, 8 = 8
Promise, give, string?
Also augh that come on boo.
]

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark
Harm: 0/4 XP: 5/5 Conditions: Inexperienced

*Note: dinner was apparently a new scene, which means the earlier Turn On did in fact give me a string on Adelaide, and also that I'm at 5 experience. I'll edit in the advance when I've decided what to take.

Who would have guessed the shy Eveline would be such agreeable company? As the wine loosens my tongue and my reserve, Raum's interruption almost goes unnoticed. He has always encouraged me to make as best a use of people as possible, a skill which has taken a certain degree of... instruction? Perhaps he is genuinely proud of my performance; who can fathom how demons think? And the Malveaux would be formidable allies, I have never doubted that. So I am only to happy to chatter away with the lovely Eveline.

I cannot help but notice that after her initial defense of her sister, Adelaide has been rather quieter than her reputation led me to expect. And my surprise only deepens when it is Eveline who takes my hand after dinner and leads me through their elegant apartments, talking amiably all the while. Is it possible her affection is genuine? And if so... ha! How frustrating for her sister! I have no doubt Adelaide intended to flatter and dominate in turn while Eveline provided decoration for the scene - not that I would have objected too strongly to such a turn of events. Was she truly unprepared for her sister to take charge in this way, and out of sincere attraction? The irony is delicious.

As we reach their bedchamber, Eveline's wandering hands leave me shivering, and in no doubt as to her intentions. Perfect. Sincere, open desire... that is something I will be able to use. I kiss her on the lips, briefly, my mouth barely open. Then I glide into the room perhaps a little unsteady on my feet and lean against the bedpost. My mind is giddy with the wine and with simple base delight.

"You have been a most gracious host, Mademoiselle Malveaux. I hope you do not intend for us to part ways just yet? I have not had nearly enough of your company"

Giving self... though Evey will have to come get it.

As I say the words, I catch her sister's eye through the door. Our gazes lock, and I let my eyes and smile and body issue her a silent challenge. You are known for taking whatever you desire, Adelaide Malveaux... will you let your prize escape?

Turn On Adelaide: 2d6+1 6
Tagging Ruthless to boost that to 7. (String), promise, give self?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm:0/4, XP:1/5, Conditions: Ruthless

The fact that Eveline was monopolizing Séverine's attention all throughout dinner wasn't lost on me. I wanted to give Eveline the benefit of the doubt, here - let her spread her wings, practice, learn to manipulate and seek power for herself, again. Or at least I thought I did.

But the honest truth of the matter is, I wanted her dependent on me for these things. I wanted to be the one to make the schemes and the overtures, the one risking and the one reaping the benefits. Oh, certainly I needed her, I needed her like I had grown accustomed to her - soft, unsteady, pliable. Her taking charge, her behaving in a way I had come to see as MY behavior was...grating on me.

For once I was upset that wine didn't seem to touch my mind the way it used to. And the food was unfulfilling to me - I was hungry, yes, but food and drink would not sate me. I needed control. I needed to dominate. And I needed both of them, Séverine and ESPECIALLY Eveline, to understand that I was the one in charge here, not them.

So Eveline's less-than-coy touch upon Séverine's back didn't go unnoticed, and Séverine's response with a kiss and a tipsy wandering into our bed-chambers certainly didn't. But the look she gave me was too much to bear any longer. I wouldn't have it. She would learn respect, and she'd learn it in a way that seemed most appropriate, at this juncture.

I nearly tore my corset strings off as I pushed my way into the room, and tossing the garment aside I grabbed Séverine and planted a furious kiss upon her lips. "Shut the door..." I growled to Eveline "...behind you, and get over here." Playtime was over. I pushed Séverine down onto the bed.

Giving myself, and turning on Séverine in exchange. Not rolling with cold, however, I will take my +1 from my hold steady, +1 from seeking power, and +1 from her Inexperienced condition.

2d6+2: 9 [2d6=6, 1]

Self/string/promise. I'll take an xp for rolling Hot.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 30, 2015

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

She kisses me and for a moment I feel a spark of warmth, a hint of what I've been missing. Something warm and alive and mine. I chase her retreating mouth, ravenous, following her to the bed that is actually Ade's bed, there are two big beds in here, and kiss her again my hands going to her hips pulling her against me. Do not mistake me, I am not one to brag but this is not my first time with a woman. I had quite the diverse taste when I was one person. But it had been a long time, years, since I'd had anyone. It felt like an eternity. The feel of her hot body against mine would make my pulse race if I had a pulse.

No matter, I'm pulling her out of her prim dress, I'm struggling free of my own, my mouth is feasting on her bared flesh and my hands are snaking their way to remove her underclothes and then my sister is interceding and I am pushed away and my prize, my warmth, is pushed away and down. And I am told simply to 'close the door.'

No! No! She is mine! I had her! Oh how I wanted her and she was being taken from me!

[Rolling to Hold Steady vs irrational jealousy!
Krysmbot Jenner, 7+1 = 8
I keep calm.
I already marked XP for cold this scene.
]

I dip my head, I walk across the room, I close the door. I watch them for a moment.

[Creep activates, I gain a string on Séverine.]

I swallow my hostility and I move across the room, peeling out of the rest of my clothing. I had no reason to be jealous, she is me and I am her. And Séverine is mine, ours. We could have her together.

I join my sister on her bed and ply my skills upon our prize.

[Initiating a fade to black?]

Jenner fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 28, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Not merely one sister, but two... both so eager, Eveline so insistent, Adelaide so ravenous... this is beyond my dreams. All thoughts of manipulation and subterfuge and demons leave my head as the twins go to work, and I gladly submit to everything they can devise.

Giving self to Adelaide.... and fade to black.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm:0/4, XP:2/5, Conditions: Ruthless

Ok, so, Severine's submission I believe counts for Satiety, yes? I'll take an XP from it. Also, new Hunger! I'm just taking Severine as one though, cuz uh...yeah

I rested myself firmly on top of Séverine, mostly without realizing it at first.

You see, when this had started, it was about control. Dominance. Power. It wasn't so much that Eveline couldn't have Séverine, it's not that I needed control. And trust me, that felt good. But...this was new. She was...it was...something else. Like nothing I had felt when I was alive. No, when I was Genevieve. This felt more alive than anything before my rebirth. My renewal. I wanted more of that. More of her. I grinned down at her, for the moment...happily. I even spared Eveline a happy smirk over my shoulder, too. But Séverine was mine, not my Shade's...my sister's. I stroked Séverine's cheek and studied her jawline, that happy smile creeping across my face again.

"Forgive me for being presumptuous Madamoiselle." I teased her. "I hope I...we have not been too forward with you." Oddly enough, I really did. I didn't want to turn her off. I needed her to be interested in me. How odd to feel that way. After a moment I sat up, still rather plainly pinning her beneath me. "Oh, I nearly forgot. We have a spare ticket for the theater tonight, I hear the show will be quite excellent." My finger trailed down her neck and around the curve of her shoulder. "Would you like to come?" I let the implication hang for a moment before adding "with us, to the theater, I mean." Crushing Remy was, of course, still important...but wasn't this more important? This was real. It felt...honest. Visceral. Like taking control - but different. A different bouquet, just as exquisite.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

I return my sister's grin. It had been fun to share our prize. For all of that blissful exchange, I felt a spark, I felt alive again. And she'd consented to be with us. She was mine, ours. While my sister is content to caress and gloat over our pretty catch I snuggle up to her. Nuzzling at her affectionately, peppering her bare skin with kisses. I was fond of her. "Do... do you think we could be friends and allies?" I asked her quietly.

[Feel free to ask a question right back to me or Evey as is laid out in her sex move.]

I sigh softly. The intimacy was over far too soon and I was back to the dull and empty sensation that plagued my unlife. And she'd have to go soon and who knew when she'd deign to be mine again. It was almost cruel.

Then Ade asks her out to the date with us and I give her a grateful look. Why didn't I think of that! I internally kick myself. "Yes! You should join us!" I peep. I hope I don't sound too desperate but I am reluctant to part from her after sharing such an experience. "It'd be nice to have some actually pleasant company." I flash her my warmest smile, fondly caressing her.

I wanted to keep her. I hoped I wasn't going too far. I really wanted her to like me, us. Me.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Jules"Hmph, very well. But you will keep your sword in your sheath and not draw it in anger if you still wish to have my aid during your investigation. I will not countenance more harm in the name of justice."

he'll help you providing you agree not to hurt or kill anyone else.

Still he emerges with ill grace in a much patched cassock and a stout walking stick. "Where do you wish to begin your investigation. I would like this resolving as quickly as possible. I still have a sermon to write for Sunday."
You set off in a long loping stride through the palace with the brother keeping pace behind you with surprising ease. However turning a corner you walk right into another priest.

What do you do?

Ravion: Well it seems you'll have to ponder the matter some other time as the servant bustles off on another errand. You wander absent mindedly through the palace. Still distracted you don't quite notice until you collide with one of the queens guardsmen. Umm sorry very definitely one of the guardswoman, as you are uncomfortably made aware. Do you ever find the church's prohibition on women a burden?

What do you say to her?

anyone else need a prompt let me know

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 31, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Xp 4/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions Frustrating

"Terribly sorry s-" Oh God it's another armed woman. Oh I recognize this one. Lady Jules. An even worse firebrand than Arbirth if I recall. Why do we arm them instead of having them pursue a path of peace and holiness? It's completely ridiculous. Yes I admit my experience with nuns is poor, but a huge improvement over any violent encounters. "Ma'am." Don't panic, that would be suspicious. I take a deep breath and give her my best smile. "Not too much excitement for you today, I hope."

Hold Steady 7
Turn on 12 a smile that could make the Mona Lisa blush

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Raum loses two strings on Séverine, and takes a string each on Adelaide and Eveline.

Well. That was certainly something to experience. I do hope this is not the last time. I could not have anticipated such pure joy in submitting to the will of another or others plural, of course but now, as the glow fades, I cannot help but gloat a little as well. Submission does not mean relinquishing power, and power is what I have gained, over Eveline, with all her innocent affection, but over Adelaide as well, whose body is still arched protectively over mine like a miser hoarding treasure. And such a body it is as well...

--You see, Raum, I have my ways. What I have done here, I can do again. I am sure you have some use in mind for these two, no?--

I intone the missive carefully, then close my mind to the demon. For now, I am content to enjoy the moment, to admire Adelaide's beauty in a slightly less... pressured situation, and to return Eveline's affectionate overtures.

"I certainly have no objection to an alliance," I murmur to her, "especially if it brings us more evenings like this one. As for friendship... I confess it is not precisely my area of expertise. But I am willing to try." As I say the words, I am almost startled to find that I truly mean them. I enjoy her company, after all, and she seems determined to dote on me. It might not be the most... balanced of relationships, but what friendship is? And I do like to see her smile. "And I would be delighted to attend the theatre with you."
Eveline has her answer...

"That said..." I smile mischievously at her, keeping my voice low. "Do you think you will be content to share me? I do not think your sister will be satisfied with having me just this once." And there will be others, of course, if I have my way... Jules not least. But I do not say that to her.
... and a question of her own.

e: edited in reply to asking about the theatre

Gato fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 1, 2015

• Locked thread