Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Jules Saint-Martin
Hot+1 Cold-1 Volatile+2 Dark-1
4/5 xp 0/4 harm Conditions: Hot-headed

Reluctantly, I agree to the man's requests. Should it come to battle, I am skilled enough to fight with my bare hands. And if there is a more dire need... well, the blade is not the deadliest weapon I have at my disposal. But it would most certainly complicate matters. Time to get moving then. I am rushing through the halls, only to walk rather hard into... oh, that one. The shifty priest. I can smell his nervousness, his trepidation. What is he hiding? No time for that now, I'm about to give a curt apology when he speaks, and smiles.

Now that angers m for two reasons.

He used my sex to address me. He made very much a point of that after starting on the one I resemble.

That smile draws my attention to his lips and gives me a warm feeling in my stomach, which is as pleasant as it is unwelcome.

So, stoking higher the flames of anger it is, to burn the parts of me not a warrior to nothing. "You mean beyond slaying the man who drew a pistol in her majesty's court today, and the duel I need to arrange for the insults addressed to me? Quite peachy, Deacon. Also 'ma'am' is not the title to refer to a lieutenant of the Musketeers. That would be lieutenant, deacon!"

Shut Down Brutus: 2d6-1 6 Tag Frustrating to make that 7. Add the condition 'Disrespectful' he can give me a condition

I try to move past him, when I hear Ignatius from behind me. "Aah, brother Ravion. You can of course be of help. We are on a mission to investigate the happenings of this morning. The assistance of the Spiritual adviser to the queen would be most welcome. And perhaps we can discuss matters of God if we don't bother Her Majesty's valiant protector doing such." I can hear the sarcasm. God all mighty if he was not a man of the cloth I would have challenged that priest so many times.

"This is a discreet matter, Father Ignatius!"

"And he's a confidante of the Queen. You doubt her judgement?"

I grit my teeth. "On your head be it if this causes trouble." And with that I march towards the Guard's room where the corpse is most likely held, not really watching if the two follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark -1
Xp 4/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions Frustrating

"M-mon a- Lieutenant. That is unfortunate. I hate to hear you're mired in violence. Surely there needs to be no more blood shed?" I follow after, I don't want a precedent of her attacking anyone who displeases her. "I had not know because I was pulled aside by another woman at arms."

"Always tending to the fairer flock, dear Ravion. Why we should assign you as a Chaplin for the woman's regiment."

"Father please don't even joke about that." Ignatius is one of the more tolerable of my superiors despite his best efforts. "I ran into a servant delivering a saddle but it seemed to be nothing more than petty squabbling. I haven't seen anything else suspicious."

Jules is Thin-skinned

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Jules Saint-Martin
4/5 xp 0/4 harm Conditions: Hot-headed, think skinned.

"I have strived and worked all my life to become a musketeer, deacon, a position named after a weapon. Violence is a large part of my duty, as prayer is part of yours. It is unfortunate the man chose to draw pistol in her majesty's presence, fortunate that he was stopped. I would be greatly ashamed had he been given the opportunity to fire a shot. But fret not. I have already promised to leave my blade within its confines for this search." His second remark piques my interest. "Oh, and what did you have of interest to this woman, deacon?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

"If I understood what Lady Arbirth wanted she would not be nearly as much trouble." I sigh. "I'm not familiar enough with the tales of romance and hardship she obsesses over." I hurry to reach Jules' side to have a proper conversation with her. "You don't strike me as someone who pursued her position to live out fiction. Is it common, though?"

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Hot: +0, Cold: +1, Volatile: -1, Dark: +1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Wallflower, Weaker Half

I bask in Séverine for a moment beaming at her offer of alliance and her attempt at friendship. It felt good. Then she asked me about sharing her and I grit my teeth. "I'm not sure..." I begin haltingly, looking from her to my sister as I begin to collect our clothes handing Séverine her dress and fussing with my own. "If we're being completely honest I do want you for myself but you are not some thing to be coveted. You are a free woman, and I understand the demands of courtly life." I adjust my dress as I stand, after such an adventurous evening I'm feeling quite shy. "I'll not claim you. But I too would like to do this again." I feel myself blushing, I didn't even know I could blush anymore.

I hand my sister her dress, we needed to go soon, the three of us. This was a pleasurable distraction, one I very much hoped we'd experience again but we had a theater to go to and a man to destroy. I give my Ade a searching look as I help her with the gown. I wondered when she'd let me in on her plan. I wondered how much Séverine could be involved. What was she to my sister now? She acted protective, commanding, as she always did.

Was Séverine just another pawn on my sister's board now? That simply would not do.

[Rolling to Gaze into the Abyss what is Adelaide's interest in Séverine?
Krysmbot Jenner, 7+1 = 8
Confusing and alarming please.
Marking XP for Dark.
]

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Eveline: Adelaide is you and you are her and both of you are Genevieve and yet both of you embody different parts of her. You think back through the mists of time beyond the vale of death to a time when you were one whole and pure. A time of false smiles and sharp daggers. You watch as you/ Genevieve smile and flirt with a young man. You watch as she/you hands him a dagger and he takes the dagger and plunges it into the Queens back and she lays bleeding and broken on the floor of her throne room while your fool stands in horror and is cut down. She gloats and toasts the death of her foe and the fool she tricked into doing the deed. Then as the blood drains from his face changes distends and new features emerge. Severine's features.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:siren:new scene+Session:siren:

Highlights

Juste Highlight Jules
Jules Highlight Severine
Adelaide Highlight Ravion
Pernelle Highlight Eveline
Eveline Highlight Adelaide
Serviene Highlight Juste
Ravion Highlight Pernelle
you can mark xp for these after the fact so don't worry. New people include your character sheet in your first post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jules and Ravion: As the two of you leave the palace with a grumpy Father Ignatius in tow you're intercepted by a messenger who hands a note to Jules.

" posted:

Lieutenant, you're deceased gave his name as Guy Lapierre. Last known residence an inn the Royal Arms not far from the Palais Royal. Was seen by some of his fellow merchants with a woman believed to be an actress of some kind. Hope this helps

Captain S

Jules: Hmm seems even your captain has been charged with assisting your investigation. You must have really made an impression on the Queen. Still do you feel slighted that they thought you needed help or do you just get on with it? Which of your leads do you follow up first?

Ravion: You read the note over Jules's shoulder with a growing sense of dismay. Taverns and theatres. Disreputable places where no priest of your moral standing would go aren't they. Why just being seen there by the wrong person could ruin your reputation! What does Father Ignatius say that somewhat dispels your worry for your reputation?

Eveline: Well that was rather odd wasn't it. How does it feel to remember what it was like when you were alive. Do you still think of yourself as Genevieve or are you a new person now?

Adelaide: You change back into your clothes with a look of self-satisfaction on your face at your conquest of Severine. Do you plan to involve her in your plot against Remy or will she just be an unnecessary distraction?

Severine:Raum's words echo in your mind. "An unexpected bonus for you. I shall study them intently. You may consider part of your debt paid in exchange for presenting me with this fascinating opportunity to study such an intriguing specimen." Hmm how do you feel about Raum's interest in your two lovely companions?

Pernelle: Hmph typical someone would attempt to murder the queen when you were not present would they. You might have been able to stop them less permanently and leave them in a state more amenable to questioning. Still no matter you have other business to attend to. Which of your contacts has finally got back in touch with you and what artifact does he claim to have recovered that you or the queen might be interested in?

Juste: A palace servant awaits outside of your room as you emerge into the late afternoon sunshine. "Pardon me Monsieur." he says in execrable Arician, apparently your fine language has been debased in these decadent times. "Milady thought you might enjoy this a simple gift as a token of her esteem."

He hands you a ticket to the theatre for the play. One evidently drawn from Arican history no less. It might provide you some entertainment at least while these fools mangle your history. Strange though that the servant did not give his mistresses name. Will you attend the theatre? and what have you done that seemed to impress the lady's of courts so much to earn a gift like this?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot: -1, Cold: +1, Volatile: +1, Dark: +0
Harm:0/4, XP:2/5, Conditions: Ruthless

Unnecessary? My beautiful Séverine? Unnecessary!? Never! She is a light, a beacon of art and life, a true necessity, the woman clothed in the sun (and precious little else, to my imagining), a muse, a song, a poem, with the most astounding lyrics. If Power is a hearty meal, she is the sweetest wine, the most exquisite candy. So long as she comprehends my nature, and the nature of our courtship, I could never see her as unnecessary, or unwanted, or a distraction. She is a focus. Were I a bard, I would write sonnets to her. Instead, I am what I am, and I will make a kingdom fit for the two of us, her at my side....our side. I will not forget Eveline, ever suffering, my echo, my shade.

And I shall paint that kingdom in crimson shades, my paint the blood of those who have betrayed or offended me. Séverine need not concern herself with this, of course, the darker parts of my nature are not yet for her to see, to know. Such a thing would surprise her, after all, though I can see a wicked streak in her, my precious rose, perhaps a delicious cruelty, a craving of her own? Such dark delights should be nurtured, after all.

But for now, she deserved a reward! So talented, so magnificent a creature as she, even if theatre bored me, hopefully it should give her a thrill. And if not, well...perhaps I can entertain her in the meanwhile? So it was that, after re-dressing, I took her in one arm, and...Evey in the other, , such that myself was in the center of them both, and we started toward the theatre.

"Dearest Séverine, I do so hope that we are not keeping you from other affairs, but such a...fascinating association should not be over so soon, to my thinking, and I hope, to yours as well? Do you find much excitement in the theatre? I must confess, I frequently am more amused by my company for the evening, than by the performance itself." I let the various implications of that play in her mind, of course. But if I could keep her, longer, keep her mind dancing with memories of earlier and promises for later, why would I not? Remembering Eveline is there, I gave her a small smile "I must warn you though," I said to Séverine, "my sister and I are anticipating seeing...an old friend, at the show this evening. We may need to recuse ourselves of your company temporarily, in such a case, just to say hello. If that happens, we'll be back in very short order." It was true, I wouldn't leave my prize by herself for too long - just long enough to do the business that needed to be done. As I said though, such grim business was not for one such as her, comparatively pure. Not yet.

Going to turn on Severine. Tagging inexperienced and taking +1 for pursuing a hunger

2d6+3: 12 [2d6=6, 3]

String get.

Also, Ravion, your investigation into my sister and I is unappreciated. It would be better for all concerned if you remained in the Dark about us.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Jules Saint-Martin
4/5 xp 0/4 harm Conditions: Hot-headed, think skinned.

"I am not acquainted with Lady Arbith, and cannot speak for her. But if she lets tales of glory inspire her, how is she different than others. If you disregard it as foolish obsession, you are not likely to find out anything." I'm still a bit tense and annoyed at the man, especially now that someone I don't trust is coming along. "As to my duties, it has been a family tradition that we see to the Throne's safety. One I have every desire to honour."

A message is then brought, and I smile. "Ah, this saves us time." Slighted? Not at all. Finding out these basic things is not beyond me. It saves time. Did I not go and seek aid myself? Back home, you learn that you should always try to hunt with a pack. As long as you make sure to remain in charge. I tuck the paper in my uniform. They will have the information I give them, and they will follow where I lead. "The man was called Guy Lapierre. He's been seen in the Royal Arms Inn in the company of an actress. We will go to the inn, and see if we may learn anything there."

Severine shouldn't let the twins roll over her too much. Show them that you can be a bit cold too.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Wallflower, Weaker Half

I grow hushed as we move to our destination. I cozy up to my sister and offer her a wooden smile of course but I am troubled by my vision and it does not sit well with me. I distractedly make nice with my other half. I could still recall being in a single beautiful body and I missed it, truly. But as much as I remembered my life as Genevieve I still knew that she was her and I was me and we were separate people now with different drives and desires.

But I couldn't believe what I had seen. That my sister would use my our lover like that. I would have to watch her quietly. I make my way into the theater with my companions. Up into our balcony seats, they were nice seats set into a viewing box. I point out the edge seat in the five chairs "I'll be sitting there." Then I indicate to Séverine that she should sit next to me when it was time to sit.

Unfortunately it was not time to sit. It was time to mingle. Our date would want to see us of course. So we made our ways into the grand hall which was riddled with people. I felt a bit uncomfortable around so many and hung close to my sister. I preferred to let her do the talking. But today was a new day. A day where I did not want to look weak to my date. So I straightened my back and took a step from my other half and gazed the crowd to spot Remy or our gracious host Monsieur Montaigne.

Monsieur Montaigne was easy to spot and I made my way over to him and flashed hin a demure smile. "Monsieur, as you can see we could not resist the allure of your invitation. You know my sister Adelaide but let me give you the honor of meeting Madame Séverine de Raziel" I present her with a dip of my head. "Monsieur Montaigne is the fine gentleman who invited us to this lovely soirée." I explain quietly to her. I felt so nervous and out of my element but so far so good.

[Adelaide is too Cold-hearted.]

Jenner fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 20, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark
Harm: 0/4 XP: 0/5 Conditions: Inexperienced

First up, I'm taking Mesmerizing from the Serpentine as my advance.

Today has certainly provided no end of excitement, has it not? I confess I hold little affection for the theatre; the plays I have seen have always been either too vulgar and obvious or too rarefied and boring to hold my interest. All of which is to say I concur entirely with Adelaide's opinion - one attends the theatre for the sake of the audience, not the actors. "I believe I am of a similar mind to you, Mademoiselle... and I hope I may amuse you with my company to your satisfaction." It might be my imagination, but I do believe her behaviour towards me has changed ever so slightly after our... tryst. Her affect is as proud and forceful as ever, but her affection, her desire, seems much more genuine. If that is the case, then I can mark this evening as a greater success than I could have ever imagined...

Promising what Sev thinks Adelaide wants; to have her stick around.

... especially since Eveline appears to be staking a claim of her own on me, in her own shy way. Excellent. And she is even so bold as to introduce me to their patron, instead of her sister! If I can encourage this spirit further in her, it will serve my interests well. "Charmed, monsieur. Please permit me to compliment your taste; you have chosen a fine occasion, a fine venue, and fine guests." I nod at each of the sisters. Flattery is an ugly tool, but it serves well, especially as I know little of this Montaigne. He seems rather nonplussed by my presence, but manages some pleasantries.

--Raum, is this man of any consequence? If he is, what would you have me do? If not, is there anyone to whom I should be paying more attention?--

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 8
Let's have some confusing and alarming visions.

I have not forgotten the demon's words as I left the twins' apartments, his description of them as 'intriguing specimens'. Very apt; what better metaphor for the way we humans collect and categorise one another? And it does not surprise me that he would claim power over them given the opportunity; demons are creatures of greed above all other sins. But it reminded me that Raum has his own goals, which I am obliged to assist with as he assists me.

Juste highlight Hot.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ignatius must see me break out into a cold sweat because he speaks to me, "Ah suppose we are over due for expressing the church's disapproval of such a place. Just frown at the owner and he promises to clean it up everyone nod and wink. You of course are there to ensure that no blood is spilled in inquisition, they'll be happy to see you."
"I hope not too happy." While I am grateful that they should not be hostile the next worst result is amorous. There may be ladies of ill repute there. Hopefully they won't be as stubborn as the sister.

pernelle highlight dark

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 21, 2015

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Pernelle de Sylaire, the Witch
Hot: -1 Cold: +1, Volatile: -1, Dark: +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Eveline, you must be feeling so Volatile, seeing as how things are going with your sister and your new lover.

quote:

Pernelle: Hmph typical someone would attempt to murder the queen when you were not present would they. You might have been able to stop them less permanently and leave them in a state more amenable to questioning. Still no matter you have other business to attend to. Which of your contacts has finally got back in touch with you and what artifact does he claim to have recovered that you or the queen might be interested in?
I might have been able to stop that fool of a man, but not without exposing myself. Without a trifle of his, I would have had to resort to screaming in tongues before all the Court. Such an obvious use of my power would mark me as a witch, even in this secular age. Then how would I avoid the headsman's axe? I pride myself on my caution as well as my vigilance.

Which is why this lapse stings me so - why didn't I find the assassin out earlier, when I might have been able to dispose of him quietly? What do Her Majesty and His Eminence think of my failure? They don't even trust me to investigate the man. Why, when I think of those brutes bumbling their way through the investigation I -

- must control myself. The lords and ladies of Chateau Hiver have been known for centuries for their coldness, as icy and unforgiving as the season that gave the chateau its name. Above all I must hold to my family's traditions and live up to my family name. Father would expect no less. I press my palm against the great oak I am standing under, feel the rough bark on my skin. They say the oak has stood here, in this forest, for nearly a thousand years, and I can believe that. The power flowing through it is almost overwhelming, like a mighty river crashing through the woods. I focus my mind, draw a little of the power into my own body. It's only a trickle from that mighty stream, but the power steadies me. I can feel my calm returning. Now all I must do is wait for my contact.

I know two important things about Monsieur LeBeau: first, that his name is incredibly ironic; second, that he is one of the finest sources of powerful artifacts in Cervenna. He claims to have a brazen head that can answer any question put to it. We'll see if that's so...if he ever gets here. Where could he be?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Hot: 1 | Cold: 0 | Volatile: 1 | Dark: -1

How novel...

It’s about time that someone recalled their forebears; with all the wealth these people squander into their arts somebody had to.

I entertained two ideas; three really but it seemed unlikely that my friends from long ago had stopped by. It was either an excuse to seek me out - for curiosity or fun - or perhaps someone’s idea of a joke at my expense. They think me some upstart from the Aricia they know. If only they had any idea…

But this lady the manservant mentioned… there were only three that I could recall; that he did not say more gave the impression that I was close to her, for one reason or another. I smile at that thought. Maybe the manservant is grossly wrong, but if he thought that, then what were the chances that the rest of that lady’s servants thought so too?

Now that I think about it, there was that one… ‘ball’ they called it. There was chaos; people were not themselves there and were at each others throats. Turned out that the party was for a clan going by their black swan standard. with their partiarch on his deathbed, and the heir having died due to some mad Cultist. This was supposed to be an attempt to convince the other members to pick a leader, and other patrons - myself included - were brought in as ‘witnesses’ to this. I found out when two different members spoke about whom I favored, and made promises of 'pairing' if I voted for them. I let a couple of other patrons - all of them wearing crow masks - know of this and together we picked their 'successor.' They groaned, but soon turned towards one another believing that whom we picked could not have come from us.

There was this hanging feeling in my gut. It felt like those events had something to do. It also felt like I would regret missing out on meeting the lady at this play. Surely she wanted to speak with me. Or at the very least see me.

pre:
Name: Juste Sparrow, The Fae
Look: Mysterious, quick eyes
Origin: Touched with the gift

Stats:
Hot: 1 | Cold: 0 | Volatile: 1 | Dark: -1

Moves:

- Faery Contract - If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When 
spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:

* They gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
        * Add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
        * They suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

- Lure - Whenever someone makes a promise to you, they mark experience. 
Whenever someone breaks a promise to you and you seek vengeance, mark experience.

Sex Move:

When you lie naked with another, you can ask them for a promise. If they refuse, take 2 strings on them.

Méchants Auto:

Everything you say is a promise. Everything you hear is a promise. If a promise is broken, justice must be
wrought in blood. To escape your Darkest Self, you must in some way re-balance the scales of justice.

Backstory:

You wear your heart on your sleeve. Give everyone one String.

You've captured someone's fancy. Gain 2 Strings on them.

For someone as aggressive as Jules, you can clearly feel the Heat radiating from her.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Pernelle: A liveried messenger boy hands you a note.

quote:

Recieved a better offer for the object in question. If you wish to make a bigger bid meet me in person where I am staying at the Royal Arms Inn.

Do you have any idea who could be bidding against you? Another magician perhaps? How trustworthy is M. Le Beau anyway based on past experience or is this the first time you've interacted with him?

Pub Crew

As the three of you step into the dim light of the Inn of the Royal Arms you may be somewhat surprised to find that it is a fine and well kept tavern. Despite the general absence of clientele there's even the innkeep and several of his servants working at polishing and cleaning the bar.

Jules Do you approach the innkeep straight away with your royal writ in hand? or would you prefer not to show your hand so quickly and be more gentle and dare I say subtle in your approach. Does subtlety come easy to you or is it always a struggle?

Ravion This seems like a surprisingly nice place for an inn doesn't it? Who do you recognise in this place that you wouldn't expect to see? Do you confront them or let them go.

Theatre Crew

The Theatre is packed with people of all social classes from the meanest villein all the way up to the highest duke all here to see the very latest in plays. Today's performance is much looked forward to and there is an air of anticipation and excitement about the place. Even the vendors and the common folk seem to sense the excitement. Still there is a little while yet before the play is due to start.

Severine Raum concentrates for just a moment and a vision pops into your head. Monsieur Montegaine stood talking in a low voice to another man. Money changing hands. A third man you do not recognise. A smile that turns to horror as he collapses with a dagger in his back. Monsieur Montagaine with a sack of money. One that drips blood. He scrubs at the bag and his hands but they are still stained with blood. The blood he put there.

Interesting no? Do you think you could dig deeper or is it a purely academic curiosity? Where do the lovely Malveaux sisters fit into your plans? Are they a pleasant distraction from your plans for Jules or will those plans have to change?

Eveline "Ah my dearest Eveline a pleasure as always. And you brought with you a companion almost as lovely as yourself and your dear sister." Monsieur Montegaine's getting remarkably smooth at the games of court courtesy. Yours and your sisters influence perhaps finally rubbing off perhaps? Has he ever gave any indication which of the two of you he is more interested in?

Adelaide: If you can bear to tear your thoughts away from the lovely Severine have you given any idea to how you're going to kill Rene surely it would be best to make it look like an accident yes? Or do you want to look him in the eyes and see his fear as you get your and your sisters revenge.

Juste Well the theatre is certainly bustling. Are you looking forward to seeing if the theatrical arts have progressed as much as the other arts you've seen? There seems no sign of the lady who invited you. Over to one side you espy a little knot of women surrounding one extremely lucky man. Do you go over and introduce yourself? Which one of the three is the most interesting to you?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot: -1, Cold: +1, Volatile: +1, Dark: +0
Harm:0/4, XP:3/5, Conditions: Ruthless

"Monsieur Montegaine, beware a tongue so silver, lest someone try to steal it from you." I coolly smirk and curtsy to him as Eveline introduces Severine.

Did...did Eveline think she could overtake me in the social sphere? Was she TRYING to overtake me? Didn't she understand how unacceptable that was? The way she...was pushing herself on Severine, and talking to people, and not letting ME do the conversation!? I...was a little frustrated by her renewed social endeavors, perhaps encouraging her had been a misplay - I did make them every so often, after all.

Still, for now, I had bigger concerns - concerns that Eveline seems to have forgotten about entirely - revenge upon Remy. Oh, I'd be happy to be...sure. Make it a situation where he knows who I am, and why he must be punished. But to do that, it would be important to give him the opportunity to...feel how doomed he was. How out of his element, how mistaken he had been to take action against me...against Genevieve.

And...I wanted to know how to strike at the others, as well. No sense in leaving the work unfinished, was there? I'd happily ruin the rest of them, as well, ruin, destroy, condemn. I'd remember them, which was more than they could say of me.

"Tell me, Monsieur Montegaine, do you enjoy this play? Have you seen it before?" I asked in a way that seemed...uncaring. But bear with me...you see, I wanted to hear his response, so I could plant the seed in his mind. Let him catch my quarry for me, to begin with. Make Remy feel secure, safe, unchallenged, before he found himself inexorably ruined.

Turning on Montegaine, +1 for pursuing a hunger in doing so

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 9+2 = 11
*** godfish|asleep has joined #swampthings
<LifeGetsWorser> oh no, too gooooddd.
<LifeGetsWorser> that's okay, it's workable

Guess I get a string on him and an XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: Wallflower, Weaker Half

"You are too kind Monsieur." I giggle coquettishly and dropped my eyes as was expected of me . The monsieur was obviously unaccompanied by a date and had his eyes on the pair of us. But of the two of us it was me he wanted the most and that made me nervous. I already had my eyes on someone. I turn my eyes on Séverine before lifting my eyes again. My sister turns her wiles on our host and I smile at her. "Yes monsieur do tell us what we have to look forward to beyond your own magnificent company."

I squirm as his eyes crawl over me and my sister (and Séverine) I felt uncomfortable. My eyes panned around the the crowd and I spotted him. There, only a stones throw from me was Remy. My blood boiled, my temper flared.

[Rolling to Hold Steady!
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 7+1 = 8
Keeping calm.
]

I compose myself and gently tug my sibling's sleeve and point out our target to her. I grind my teeth at the sight of him. It had taken all my self control to lure him here so on one end I was glad that he showed but on the other hand it infuriated me to see him. I started trembling and I felt nauseous. How could he live so happily and care free after condemning me to death! I... I had to get away from him before I did something I regretted.

"Madame Séverine why don't we begin to retire to our viewing box?" My voice is so meek. It quavered. I was livid.

[Rolling to Run Away!
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 3-1 = 2
XP for Volatile.
Yay hard moves!
]

Jenner fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 12, 2015

• Locked thread