Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
  • Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Experience 3/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Doomed Romance
Location: Teahouse

I whistle, both impressed and pitying the poor guy, "Victoria, huh? She's... something alright. And yeah, its pretty miserable when you don't know where you stand. But guess you're meaning to find out, huh?"

I don't say that the "something" that Victoria is is "leader of a massive gang that clearly toys with the dark arts and is so dangerous that even the faculty at Hogwarts can't ignore it."

But, it's not exactly a secret either, so he's got to know what's going on with her.

But better him than me is all I'm saying.

When he brings up my petrificarion, I just let out a disgusted sigh and say, "Yeah. That was me. It's usually me. Can you believe that they didn't even have a face mask avaliable to the students that period? Why would they? If anyone gets hurt they can just maaagic it away right? Nevermind that I almost lost a week to bring petrified."

Unfortunately for poor Erhard, now that he's gotten me on the subject, I lose track of myself and start going through all the terrible safety oversights I've seen since I've been at Hogwarts.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2015 around 12:05

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 3
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Path to Hogsmeade | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse

I raised an eyebrow, "Victoria, you know, the kinda short gal with glasses, and a sweet and kind soul. In Arithmancy with me. I think you are thinking of Valerie. Listen, Valerie has been coming on to me, but I heard that she had a thing with Zach now." I said honestly, my feathered ruffed a bit. After all Valerie's indiscretion had cost me a bit of face, but most of all nothing had come of it. Victoria however was such a sweet girl, that no one would think she was a piece of work.

"Either way, a friend gave me some tips. I assure you that I will more than find out, and I am sure she will enjoy herself!" I give a wink and put my hands in my pockets. I had it all planned, it would be special.

"I'll be honest you didn't miss much, other than Gwen and Cana going at it like a pair of rabid dogs. You would think that half of the punishments themselves would be safer, I had to go into the forbidden forest for detention myself. I have to say for someone who is so reasonable, Jacob. I'm surprised you are going out with Margaret. She seems rather-" How to say this politely? Crazy? No that wouldn't work. "-troubled at times." There we go.

"I thought you were hanging around that Senna, seems like you should be careful yourself." I warn him mysteriously, who knew when she would slip the basilisk poison in for Jacob.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2015 around 12:06

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +0, Cold: -1, Volatile +1, Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed, Psycho Girlfriend, Best Friend
Location: Ravenclaw Commons---->Tea House

This week has been...strange. But, at the least, I was able to set things straight with Cana, that evening in the Room of Requirement.

I had taken her aside and explained things, not...everything, just that Senna has her own Fate, and that she needs to do what she's gone off to do on her own, and she can't be interfered with. But I also told her some of what I'd seen about her - how she'd thrive in the Tri-Wizard Tournament, how she needed to focus on that, that she had a destiny to fulfill there. I knew Cana'd listen because she was certain of my abilities, she had seen what I was capable of. So, her staying in line was...good, an accomplishment. Something I was pleased with.

Of course, Gwenn had continued to be an issue, but that was really just her way. I know she had no faith in my abilities (really, a skeptic in a place like Hogwarts, it was...bizarre, to say the least), but, her very nature ensured she wasn't railing against Destiny. She needed no pushes, no reminders, no reprimands - which was good and all, because she wasn't going to accept anything of the sort if I offered them to her.

The other problem was about halfway through the week I realized just how...strange I had been being. I'd been so focused on meticulously enforcing Destiny I had practically forgotten to do anything else. Class had been distraction after distraction with no break. I had never had such a a reaction before...it was strange. And I had no idea what had caused it, which was problematic because as I had mentioned before I'm not very good at seeing my own Fate - which meant I had no real way to puzzle out why I had been so affected. I assume it was some spell, or something, someone had done something and it had gone wrong and I...well...acted in the extreme.

This, of course, leads us to Jacqueline and Jacob, my erstwhile love affairs. I'll admit I was...avoiding the Maggie phase for as long as possible after our tryst, so I had been as incommunicado as possible (excepting a brief Maggie incident a few days ago where I accidentally agreed to a date with Jacob...much to mine and Margaret's frustration). But Jacqueline simply would not. Leave. Well enough. Alone. Every day, every class we were in together, and between classes even if we weren't. Always near me. Always suggestively, not taking no for an answer. Jacob hadn't been much better, mind you - I guess they were playing their parts to the hilt and all, but...oh if only Maggie hadn't done that.

All in all, this meant I had no time to do...anything with Lee. Or even really think about him, which was breaking my heart (if not my counterparts'). I didn't know what I would say to him to make it make sense (hi Lee, you may not know this but I am an embodiment of Destiny and I entangled Jacob and Jacqueline's fate with mine via sex when I was in a less constrained aspect of Fate, so I'm afraid I need to date them exclusively! - yeah right), so it might have been good to have avoided him. At least until I could figure something out.

Which, apparently, I'd have no time to do, because a note alighted on my desk a while ago. Jacob this time, great - and he was requesting a date, with me, during Hogsmeade. Which is when I had originally intended to confess my feelings to Lee...only now that wasn't going to happen. Grand! I stared at him from across the room, considering. The boy seemed so excited. Too excited maybe, but, well, there you have it.

So when it came time to, I found myself heading towards Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, a bit more reluctantly than I would assume Jacob would anticipate, but nevertheless going.

Going to take that XP, which makes 5. I'll take Cauldron Burn, Cauldron Bubble as my other Fates move

I wasn't going alone, mind you, since Jacqueline was, as always tagging along. "Oh I love Tea, don't you? What's your favorite blend? Maybe we can share a pot when we get there...with Jacob, I guess. Maybe after his date you and I can spend some time...elsewhere?" She was asking.

I had no idea how I was going to get through this date. But as we approached, I noticed Jacob talking to Erhard...who I had never really interacted with but who always gave me the heebie jeebies (just in case that's a wizarding term as well I just mean he creeps me out with the way he stares at me.). Still, he'd never actually done anything, so...I'd be nice.

"Hullo boys." I said as we approached, wiggling my fingers in a wave. Jacqueline was more or less invading my personal bubble, but said hello as well. Still, no reason to be unkind. I gave Jacob a wink and nudged Jacqueline to do the same. We were all in this together, after all.

Turning on Jacob, tagging Doomed Romance and using Cauldron Burn to make it a +3 instead of a +1. Jacob, lose Doomed Romance, and get a string on Margot.

2d6+3: 10 [2d6=2, 5]

And I'll take a string on Jacob and an xp for rolling Hot.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2015 around 18:57

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Experience 4/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Doomed Romance
Location: Teahouse

I make the connection when he corrects me and start nodding, saying, "Oh, yeah. That makes more sense." I give a shrug and add, "New school, way too many names to learn, you know?" Then, I shake my head in sympathy and add, "Nah, Mag's pretty great. But, just imagine dating Valerie. Poor Zach, am I right?"

Then he makes a cryptic comment about Senna, and I'm about to ask what he means when my face lights up as I see Mags. Forgetting whatever he said about Senna already, I stand up and look over my shoulder as I say, "Looks like my date is here. Be seeing you, Erhard. Good luck!" Walking past him, I notice that Jacqueline with her, which puts a bit of a damper on my good mood. I had just invited her, but maybe Jacqueline was just tagging along on the walk over. I'm about to ask drag Margot into the tea shopt before I remember how fond Margot is of Jacqueline. And I remember the last time Mags was upset with me...

I suppose playing nice won't kill me. It's what Margot seems to want, anyway.

So, I tuck the parcel under my arm and give Margot a peck on the cheek. Then, I take her hand and squeeze, saying, "Margot, great to see you." Looking over her shoulder, I smile at Jacqueline, adding, "Jacqueline, you're looking lovely, as usual."

After all, I don't want to end this date in the hospital wing.

<Capfalcon> Turn on psycho girlfriend
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 3+3 = 6
<Capfalcon> woooow
<godfish> riiiiip
<Capfalcon> Well, I have a string
<Capfalcon> but seriously

String/Promise/Self

<Capfalcon> Turn on the girl with a doomed romance.
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 8+3 = 11

Also, taking XP for excuses are my armor.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2015 around 23:42

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 3
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Path to Hogsmeade | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse

"Understandable, a lot of people in the school and a lot of weird rumors out there. Poor Zach, I'm sure he has his hands full." I said putting my hands behind my back in a formal stance as Margot comes and introduces herself along with a friend. It only took a glance and my eyes quickly shift from their slate blue to a more hazel. I don't react and instead looking down at Margot say politely, "Good afternoon, Frauen. You three have fun, thank you. I find I need less luck and more just time." I gave a friendly wave to them as the awkward conversation came to a close.

I leaned back against the wall and waited for them to walk by, giving a wave to all three.

That was interesting, but most likely not significant, at least not yet.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold 1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hogmeade | Conditions:


See, when the school put together a special team for looking into the warding situation, I knew one thing - that someone on that team would be stymieing their efforts at every turn. See, true future sight was rare - one in every five hundred years, if that, thus why I didn't trust Mags for bragging about it - but scrying for information, using arithmancy to puzzle out what caused something, reading runes, it makes answers easier to find - okay, sure, most of these were advanced skills that most of my fellows couldn't do, but I obviously could. And that meant at least a few of the teachers should be able to as well - but every time they tried something, they got back nothing - and the one time I tried to do the same methods, I nearly got caught as one of the professors just happened to decide to sprint towards where I was working. Ms. Pilf I believe, the 'muggles studies' teacher. Not likely to be the one who caused this whole mess, she was a bit of a mess - mostly because no one who wasn't looking for an easy A took her class.

Luckily I did stop the spell before I could get into actual trouble, but someone was monitoring those methods of looking at the wards - and that someone was directing teachers. Teachers who ostensibly are supposed to be helping with the investigation too - everyone who tried to start using the common methods of looking into the wards was getting found, so someone put up a ward to warn about those. I had to figure out a way around that. But I had seen something, if not something big - and the teachers had notably claimed to be completely blocked out.

Still, this meant that whoever was causing the warding's failures was part of the investigation team - meaning that I'd narrowed it down to only a half dozen suspects. In the process I may have had to crack down on a few of the other students who were doing the same thing - after all, it is my duty as a Prefect to keep them out of trouble. And while it won me no points with my peers of other houses as they lost points and I gained by following the rules so well, it made my house quite pleased - it helped that most of them while ambitious had no interest in trying to play hero - no, most of my House was happy to leave other people to get themselves killed being heroes. We had destinies far too large to die young and all that.

So boring. But today was the Hogsmeade date, and I'd gotten seven or eight students prevented from going to it for breaking the rules - instead they apparently had to muck out the Magical Creatures stable as detention. Besides that though, I didn't have any major plans - except that when I saw a brief glimpse in my earlier scrying, it showed the Hogs Head Inn's sign - which meant I had plans. Plans that needed more than myself for. Which meant that I was waiting outside the train for someone specific. Waiting for the only person to prove themselves brave enough to keep going - and whom I don't fear would lose heart and end up dead.

So when I got off the train, I was looking - and I found my target, as I spotted Cana and Lee, moving quickly but not rushedly to cut them off, as I put an arm around Cana, utterly ignoring Lee - he was inconsequential, "Please excuse us, I need to speak with Ms. Volf for a second." I didn't even care what discussion they were having. This was more important than anything they could be discussing.

Turn on Cana
KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
20:45 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 11+1 = 12
Also applying Overshadowed to Lee, Lee can have a string on Gwen.


Shutting down Lee
KittyEmpress !r 2d6
20:45 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7 = 7 (+1 from overshadowed for 8)
We both lose strings. I have none on him, so he just loses one.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Sep 22, 2015 around 01:24

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 3
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Path to Hogsmeade | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse

Victoria was late, that was first thing that crossed my mind. I glanced at my watch that was in my pocket, one of my Opa's that had ticked its way through war and divinely protected danger. Slipping back in my pocket, I tried to slick my hair and stepped forward in my black oxfords. Scanning the crowds, I saw Victoria approach in a dress, which surprised me. It was a yellow dress that matched her tan skin to perfection. I smiled and waved her down.

"Victoria!" I shouted and smiled at her very pretty dress, "Fraulein, you are stunning." I felt another of the emotions that dragged me down to the mortal's level drag in my breast as I watched her eyes. They seemed to be a soft pools of brown that accent her lovely soul. Though mortal eyes cannot see the dark in their own soul, I can. It is a determent, and it leads to a disappointment that lingers over most people, that even best intentions cannot remove the blackness of their hearts.

"Thanks, Erhard... you look... nice." She said, and it brought a smile to my face, that was nice and though there was a lingering pull in the back of my head, I took her hand. "I decided that the tea shop was too... populous and filled with unsavory fellows." I said, wondering at when the rest of them would show up. I was sure it was soon, and better to escape their slings and arrows for once.

Approaching Tomes and Scrolls she appeared confused, and I smiled and waved to Mr. Manutius who gave me a basket filled with food. Two wine glasses and bottle of wine stick out of the sheet. The bottle looks old, older than even the old tomes that we passed as we made our way to the back of the store. In the back surrounded by the rare old tomes was a table and two chairs, a single lit candle in the center with a few plates and forks.

"Thanks Mr. Manutius." He shook his head and walked out of the room leaving us alone. I looked over at her with a winning smile and lead her to the seat. Sitting down, I placed the bread and cheeses with various fruit in front of both of us. Taking out both wine glasses out, I pour a little water in each and then add a bit of wine to both. It was a red and gives the water a pinkish hue. "Sorry, just how we drank it in my house." The old label in french on the front of the bottle almost faded except for a 1911 on it.

"You know this bottle of wine has a interesting story behind it, before the first great muggle war, there was a young german man who fancied a french woman. Now, at the time tensions were high and their family was very against everything, but as you might suspect that doesn't stop Love and so they met in secret. At the foot of a great oak tree, actually. Then the war came and he was sent off to war, but on the night before he was go away, he buried a bottle of wine at the base of this tree. Saying that they would drink it when they met again, and so they went off to war." I said as I poured a bit more into the watered down wine and broke the bread.

"The french woman returned after the war to meet him where the great oak stood, but the tree was no more. She was my grandmother, and she said that she knew then that the soldier was dead. Eventually, over time, life went on and she found my grandfather and found love again. I happened to find the bottle of wine, and so she gave it to me to drink with someone special to me." I smiled again and divided the food between us softly before I continued.

"I am very sorry, and hope you will forgive me for not giving you my full attention, but now, you have my attention undivided and I hope a feel a bit special." I said though my task was important and great, last night with Lee I had realized that it had obsessed me and though I had not felt the spark and passion I had with Valerie, I had felt something else.

2d6+3 → [2,6,3] = (11)
Turn on Victoria

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Tempting Fate
Location: Train to Hogsmeade ---> Hogsmeade

I arrived at Hogsmeade and step off the train. I immediately look around for familiar faces and spot Lee, Gwen and Cana. I approach them with a jaunty step, after all today was going to be a good day! "Hi Lee, hi Gwen!" I blush a little "Hi Cana." She looked cute in her warm clothes. Of course Gwen looked good too. I reach out and pull them both into a group hug.

[Rolling to Turn On Gwendydd!
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 8+2 = 10
String on Gwen.

Rolling to Turn On Cana!
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 9+2 = 11
No mechanical effect.
Marking XP for Hot.
]

Gwen pulls Cana away for a private talk and I'm left alone with Lee. "Uh hey. How have you been? How are your injuries, are you all better now? How was your week? Do you have anyone you're meeting?" I gaze at him in rapt attention.

Jenner fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2015 around 20:45

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +0, Cold: -1, Volatile +1, Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed, Psycho Girlfriend, Best Friend
Location: Tea House

"Erhard." I nodded at him. Like I said, no reason to be rude. "Enjoy your Hogsmeade!" I called after him as he detached himself from the conversation.

"N...nice to see you too, Jacob." Okay, ugh, all this physical affection stuff, not really my bag. I almost flinched, but I held it in. I couldn't very well tell him off now, could I? I suppose it was nice being sought after but still, I...

I should probably play nice, here, at least. I (well, Maggie) did kind of lead him on rather strongly. Jacqueline, too. "Well, shall we all go in, then? I'm curious about this surprise you've apparently got for me." I offer Jacob a raised eyebrow and a small smile. I'll play nice.

Promising Jacob that Margot'll be good and try and enjoy her date.

Of course, I still ushered Jacob and Jacqueline in first, after straightening out my robe and detaching a supremely reluctant Jacqueline's arms from around my waist, given that I figured the alternative was probably something like the both of them hanging off my arms. There was a brief mental image of the three of us getting stuck in the doorway of the Tea house, and I couldn't help but smirk at it. I had to get my humor where I could, right?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"


Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 0
Harm: 0/4 XP: 2/5 Conditions : Canaphobe, Overshadowed

"Nah, kinda was busy with some other stuff. I... had some maybes, but she's been avoiding me. I ain't bothered though. Got things to do." I've taken the opportunity to get out of the ever hated uniform too, taking out my best fake Burberry, with a Millwall T-shirt visible underneath, with a bit of bling around my neck.

Anyway, a larger concern in what she's saying. "Huh... you a date with Senna?" I can't really hide my concern about that. Cana's a tough bird, but she'd obviously not expect anything from her. "Well, you just be careful, right? Someone's messing with this school, and you never know who it could be. "

As I was talling that, Gwendydd suddenly pulling her away as Senna comes and hugs them all. I watch, trying to keep my poker face up. So friendly, so sweet. But poo poo, sugar's the best way to hide poison, innit? Still, I don't actually want to hurt her. Could she really be so loving rotten? gently caress subtlety. Let's give her a chance to come clean. "Ugh, your healing didn't end up lasting long, but I'm better now." Except it didn't, I soon felt like poo poo moments afterwards. gently caress, didn't even make that connection.

I look her into her eyes, clenching a fist. My voice is low "You know, Senna. The whole Voldemort poo poo can tell us one thing. never too late to switch sides to the good side and come clean. Because in the end, evil fuckers never win, and the ones who support evil poo poo get what's coming to them. It's not loving nice to confess to doing wrong things, worse to get exposed. So, you got anything you wanna tell me, cookie girl?"

Shut Down Senna Tempting Fate: 2d6 8 Lee gives Senna the 'On Notice' condition, Senna can give Lee one. Also, adding one xp for MC highlihgt, edited in after those were declared

Shogeton fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2015 around 18:32

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1 Cold: +2x, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Location: Hogsmeade Conditions: Loser,

Well with that out of the way I headed off to my meeting date? with Valerie. I was wearing a shirt it was a copy of some muggle design made by Gladrags, I fancied I look rather fetching in its multi-coloured hues and I liked it's pattern combined with a pair of black trousers it seemed like the perfect ensemble to make my way around Hogsmeade in both style and comfort. Still I had better hurry up or I was going to be late to meet Val at the wailing wall.


----------------------------------------------

Phew I just barely made it Val of course looked stunning the way she always does. She could carry off any outfit let alone the kind of thing she had on. I couldn't believe that she'd agreed to go on this date with me.Still if it lead to more procreation like that I wasn't going to complain. If only I'd known what I was missing all these years....

But focus Zach. If you want it again your going to have to work for it. Well If that's what I've got to do. "umm hi Val Sorry I'm a bit late I had some business to take care of. So what do you want to do today?"

[23:33] Ferrosol turn on Val
[23:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[23:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+1 = 10

"You look lovely today is that a new outfit?" I said giving her my best smile as I snaked my arm around her waist. This may only be a temporary thing but I'm going to make the most of it while it lasts.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 1/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Glory Hound, Likes to be Petted, Doomed
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

"Aw, you'll get em eventually tiger, don't give up." I give Lee a friendly punch in the shoulder and an encouraging grin. "Ha, you aren't trying to say you think Senna is behind it, right?" That's a good one actually, so I add in an appreciative laugh. The idea of Senna plotting anything more than giving people hugs, tasty food or a stern look if they've misbehaved is pretty funny. She's smart, sweet and clever, but she doesn't have a plotting bone in her body if I'm any judge. I don't have time to hear an answer before Gwen shows up and starts leading me off with an arm around my shoulders. I don't mind really -especially from her-, but I was talking to Lee.

Shooting a 'what can you do?' look at him, I head over to the side with Gwen slipping my arm around her in return, just in time for Senna to show up - oh gee hope she doesn't think I'm up to anything looking like this with Gwen - and nope no need to worry as she gives us both a tight hug. I might be a liiiittle upset over that, what with Senna giving Gwen as much of a hug as she gives me, and Gwen hugging Senna back, they're both mine! But I can't stay mad at Senna, not when shes giving me such a nice hug and looking cute as ever. "Be with you in a second Senna," I smile after her as Gwen and I finally move far enough away for her private conversation.

"So, what's up Teague?"

Forgot to note healing that harm from the session change.

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Ravenclaw Common Room | Conditions: Busy Body, Bossy, Drained
DARKEST SELF


Zach finally makes it, just a hair past late, wearing...

"Zach, you'll catch your death in that." I can appreciate his bravado, and I suppose he gets it from our brief interactions. He did notice my outfit. I explain, "I decided to wear something whole this time. Hope you don't mind."

My dress, black as night as per usual, ends just above my knee, where my stockings and fur-lined boots keep me a little warmer under my coat. It's not that I don't enjoy a little cold, but the way snow catches on the individual hairs causes the ensemble to glisten. Besides, I have Zach to keep me warm.

He slips his arm under my coat and around my waist. I press his hand against my hip and begin to walk. "I wanted to show you the old Spelbruk's Tavern. It's quite a sight in the winter, and remarkably insulated." This would be proof that our meeting was not a fluke. The two of us alone together. Call it a test.

"And we must pick up some chocolates on the way. And perhaps a new uniform. Was there anything you wanted to do?"

After this, let's jump forward to wherever it is we're ending up.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1x | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Experience 0/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions:
Location: Teahouse

I give her a grin and say playfully, "Oh, you don't know what it is?" I give her a remorsful sigh and add, "Guess you'll just have to wait and see, then. Surely a little more anticipation won't kill you. But, let's get out of the cold." I hold the door open for her.

Oh, Jacqueline is coming too. That's just... great.

As we file in behind Mags, I then step in front and give the fat, winged cherub my name for my reservation. Unfortunately, they don't mind me just pulling up a third chair when they see there is three of us. But as we're going to our table, I think it over. I may not love Jacqueline like Mags, but she's not a bad sort, right? And... really, there are a ton of guys who'd kill to be in my position. I mean, the three of us had a hell of a time together at the start of the week. And apparently this is all fated to happen anyway. So why fight it?

Yeah, ok. This isn't so bad. It might even be good!

I've half convinced myself by the time we reach the tabla, where I pull the chairs out for the ladies and let them sit down before I take my seat. I pick up a menu and ask, "So, what looks good? Aside from the two of you, of course."

Taking Hungry Ghost

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Tempting Fate, On Notice
Location: Hogsmeade (Train Station)

"Come clean? Confess? What are you talking about?" I was legitimately confused and Lee looked really intense! "Is this about the thirty points I lost Hufflepuff for wandering into off limits areas? I apologized for that and I'm trying to make up for it!" I wring my hands together. "Lee why are you being so hostile? Did I do something wrong? If you tell me what it is I'll apologize for it!" I look at him beseechingly.

[Lee gains the condition Hostile.]

Jenner fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2015 around 20:46

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold 1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hogmeade | Conditions:

Senna gives me a hug and I obviously hug her back, but she lets go of Cana and I - ugh, why could she have not just hugged me, that hug was more than Cana deserved - anyway, she let go of Cana and I, so I just smiled, "I'll be back in just a moment." I didn't need to lead Cana far off, just out of sight, behind a building or some such, my arm still around her as we were out of earshot of other people. I certainly didn't mind the looks I got for leading the gryffindor rival everyone knew I disliked out of the crowd - I mean after all, why would I, it was more attention for me - and I would surely be the gossip on everyone's lips now. But that was secondary to the actual goal.

"I've been... investigating, including doing some scrying. And you know how it's been blocked, and the investigations squad is apparently getting nothing, along with most of the kids - even during classes?" Of course she knew, but I needed to remind her because ugh, she was obviously so infatuated with her little date with Senna - which was clearly only happening because she tactlessly asked for it, instead of being more subtle and understanding of how embarrassing just asking could be. No, there could never be another reason Senna would go with Cana, obviously, "Well, I got through it. Briefly. Ms. Pilf showed up in the Prefect's Bathroom just on time to stop me, in a rush - but I broke it when I heard her enter, so I didn't get caught. All I managed to see was the Hog's Head Inn."

I made a motion in the general direction of where the inn would be, "There's something there tied to the warding problems." Of course there was, it was originally owned by the brother of Albus Dumbledore, of course any sort of problem would be related to that family - it seemed like half of history in the past hundred years was tied to that little family. So exhausting. "And I have a feeling it's something that might be violent, so I came to you instead of Senna or the others - after all, they are all a bit squeamish at the whole fighting thing.... Or incredibly annoying."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1 Cold: +2x, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Location: Hogsmeade Conditions: Loser,

"Relax I brought a coat as well. Although mine could probably do with replacing it's getting a little shabby." I said it's touching that she cares though. Most people don't bother to care about me. I don't think even my dad would miss me if something happened to me. " I could do with some new winter-wear as well." I mean the Bainbridges aren't rich-rich but Gringotts still has quite a bit of our wealth stored there and I do get a generous allowance so money's not that much of an issue for me. "Let's hit the shops and then we can finish off at the tavern."I said my arm still around her waist. "The chocolate shop should be closest."

So off we went. The chocolate shop was as you might have guessed crammed with students. Personally I've never understood the allure of chocolate I prefer my treats alive and wriggling. Even the chocolate frogs aren't quite the same thing as a properly stuffed mouse. Unfortunately I don't really get to enjoy them much at hogwarts because it would what's that charming muggle expression? "Blow my cloak" something like that anyway. But it means I can view the lavish display of choclate with something other than the drooling of my peers. "So what's your poison. My treat." I asked Val.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.


Cana

I listen impatiently as Gwen prattles a bunch of stuff I already know about the wards and scrying not working, I know she must be going somewhere with this but just get out with it already! Finally, she mentions she managed to see The Hogs Head in connection with it. Almost anyone else I'd have doubted, but she usually didn't make up things to brag about.

"Hmm..." I didn't want to go. I have my date with Senna, which is a lot more pressing, we could always sneak out to check the place out. But, Gwen was going to go alone if I didn't come, or I had a feeling she would. And she was mine, I couldn't let something happen to her because I was busy with a date.

"Tch, interfering as ever Teague. I'm in and you knew I couldn't say no." My smile, like my words are grudging, but I am excited at the idea of busting this conspiracy. "One thing though, I'm going to bring Senna along, if she'll come. Saving the school wasn't in my plans for the date, but she's one of the best in the class at defensive magic, you saw her shield charm in DaDa. And a trio of girlfriends having fun, trying to sneak some drinks at the hogs head and looking at one of the battle of hogwarts landmarks is a good cover."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"


Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 0
Harm: 0/4 XP: 2/5 Conditions : Canaphobe, Overshadowed, hostile



I stare her down. Nothing. No trace of a lie. If I didn't know better, I'd believe her. She's really good at this. "You know what you did, Senna. Better than I do. But fine, we'll do this the hard way. You get someone seriously hurt though." I look in Cana's direction. "I'm going to have to do things I don't want to. Enjoy your date."

With that I turn and walk off, hands in my pocket. It's time to meet Freindly Frederick. He works for Dervish & Banges. Friendly Frederick doesn't actually run the shop, but the guy who is supposed to do it doesn't seem to show up too often. Meaning Frederick gets to use the storage room there for his own purposes. The bell gives a chime as I open it.

"Hey Frederick, how's it hanging?" I say with a faint grin.

"Aaah, it's young Mr. Gibson. Is the world finally ready for your enthralling musical carreer?" He says with a grin.

I scoff. "Tsh, as if mate. Wizard music isn't my thing, you know that." I look at some of the instruments. "It's all pretty much folk to me. Gotta be something like Wizard R&B or something, right?"

"You could always try be a trendsetter, young Mr. Gibson. How did you put it again, lay done some angry beets on people?"

"Mad beatz, Fred, Mad beatz. And nah, teaching them football is pretty much my gift to the wizarding world."

He chuckles. "Aaah, speaking of which, I've gotten the results." He holds out a bit of paper and I eagerly take it.

"Oh, bril, man, bril." I check the numbers. "Tsh... fourteenth place? loving pricks. loving Megabastards and their loving milions. Hey, at least Arsenal is doing poo poo. That's something." The missive is carefully put in a pocket. "Man, I'm so excited I might be forgetting my bag here." I put down the simple cloth bad with the stuff I nicked.

Fredric smiles nad hsakes his head. "Oh, it's no problem at all, young Mr. Gibson. I keep up with the news, so it's little trouble to get it..."

I give him a serious look. "It's not just that, Fred. There's some wicked bad poo poo happening at Hogwarts. Wards aren't holding. Spiders running around, a dementor and apparently, a goddamn basilisk again. And someone's loving with us trying to get to the cure. I take out the earring I found last week. "This poo poo's gonna get really bad, Frederick. I don't want you getting caught up in all this, and I don't want anyone to get hurt. You got any idea who's been getting stuff on the sly here?"

Manipulate Frederick from the heart: 2d6+3 9 Also, not sure if giving the girl Senna a chance to come clean, and a refusal to snitch on her, etc. count as Integrity gaining?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold 1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hogmeade | Conditions:

I frown as she lays out her condition for joining - I want to say no, not because I think Senna is incompetent but because I simply do not want to risk her getting hurt. Still, I can't just say that - I know how it sounds, like I don't mind if Cana or myself get hurt. And she would be useful to have, if only for moral support. So I am frowning, but I nod, "Fine, if she wants to come, we'll take her. We'll just..." I trailed off, she had to mention her date, this totally wasn't because I wanted to break up their date, it wasn't at all, not even the tiniest bit.

So I lead Cana out of the alley we were talking in, just in time to see Lee walking away from Senna, which was exactly what I wanted, since it let me slip up next to her while she stared after him for a few moments, and slip an arm around her back, "Hey, Senna." I greeted her casually as I gave her a little side hug with one arm, before releasing the bit of pull but not pulling my arm away from her back, "Cana and I wanted to ask you something." I hugged her first, because I was going to win her, and Cana wouldn't ever be able to beat me, especially with how roughly I knew she would pursue,

Turning on Senna with Mixed Priorities and Competition
21:47 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
21:47 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 5+3 = 8


I was leaned in really close, and still had an arm wrapped around her as I whispered, "We think something might be in the Hog's Head, related to the troubles back on campus. And we wanna investigate it. All three of us, together. Wont that be wonderful?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 1/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Glory Hound, Likes to be Petted, Doomed
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

Teague. Teague Teague Teague, why do you do this? Don't make me hurt you. I'd really hate to do it, but if you keep going after my girlfriend... Smoothly, I put myself between Senna and Gwen, separating them after the hug has gone on for an appropriately friendly length, and wrap an arm possessively around Senna's waist, pulling her gently up against myself, making it clear who was on a date with who.

"Yeah, sorry Senna, my plans for our date didn't involve potentially dangerous spying or visiting the Hogs Head, but I thought I should put rescuing people first, even if it'll make our date kind of crappy. But- it's all up to you if you want to come, I'd rather you have fun without me if that's what you want." I don't outright say it, but if she insisted, I'd proooobably ditch Gwen's whole idea and just spend the day with her anyway.

7:21:34 PM godfish shut down Gwen
7:21:37 PM godfish !r 2d6
7:21:38 PM Krysmbot godfish, 7 = 7
Using the bonus to protect Gwen, we both lose a string

7:21:46 PM godfish turn on Senna
7:22:16 PM godfish !r 2d6+4
7:22:17 PM Krysmbot godfish, 6+4 = 10
Tagging Mixed Priorities and The protect Gwen bonus

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold 1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hogmeade | Conditions:

Cana rudely shoves herself between Senna and I, as if she thinks she's got some sort of chance to win at this game, "Goodness, I didn't know you got to decide who got to hug who." I laughed, because I wasn't going to be the one who was angry here, after all, she'd already made herself look possessive and foolish now.

Spending a string to lower your roll into hardmove territory!

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Tempting Fate, On Notice
Location: Hogsmeade (Train Station) ----> In route to the Hog's Head Inn

Lee gives me his warning message and I'm stricken. I'll get someone hurt? He sounds like Mags! Does he know about the monstrosity in the dungeons? I had to know! "Lee wait! Don't go! Who will I hurt?!" But it's too late he's gone and I'm left feeling terrible. He knew something and I had to know what he knew. I'd follow after him but I had my date and also Gwen had put her arm around me and so I stiffened at first before settling back into her touch and breathing her in despite myself. I lick my lips, looking down at her.

Then Cana squeezes between us and pulls me close and I blush and snuggle up to her. Then the pair of them start bickering and going after each other and I sigh. "Girls please. I'd love to go with both of you but please get along, I like you both."

[Promising Gwen what she wants, Senna's presence on this adventure and also acknowledgment that she likes her!]

I wiggle in between them both and link my arms with one of theirs and draw them along with me towards the Hog's Head Inn. "Let's have an adventure together!" I say with my face flushed.

[Rolling to Turn On Cana!
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 6+2 = 8
Promise / Self / String?

Rolling to Turn On Gwen
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 10+2 = 12
No mechanical effect.
]

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 1/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Glory Hound, Likes to be Petted, Doomed
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

"Just reminding you who is on the date with whom, that's all." My smile is warm, friendly, and above all, very, very toothy.

Spending a string to make that not a hard move

Senna snuggles up to me, and I keep my arm around her, holding her against my thick winter coat and take the arm she tried to link with my in my free hand and wrap it around my own waist, so the two of us can keep each other warm, and she's very much snuggling with me, even if one of her arms is linked with Gwen. With that, the three of us can set off towards The Hogs Head. "So, Teague, what did you have in mind?" Normally I'd take the lead, but letting Gwen come up with a plan should help keep her happy, and I don't really have any idea what we're actually trying to accomplish here, besides spotting something suspicious.

Indicating to Senna that Cana will try to get along with Gwen for the trip

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold +1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hogs Head Inn | Condition

Ugh, Cana is severely getting on my nerves now, but Senna makes it better by taking my arm as well as Cana's - because she obviously understands the proper way for this to go, unlike the dog who kept yiping at my heels. The same dog who is wrapping her arm all the way around Senna instead of being happy with linking arms, prompting my own hand to just gently start holding Senna's in a manner that was assuredly chaste and not at all trying to grope the poor girl in public, and I really want to bite back at her, say something rude - point out how flawed she is to Senna, who seems to be entirely blind to it.

Hold Steady
KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
13:18 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8+2 = 10
Seeing as I have no conditions, I'll just take the +1 forward


I manage to hold it in though, as we make it to the Inn and I push the door open to let the others in. "First we're just going to get something to eat. I'll pay, so that you two..." I trailed off, but honestly, Senna's family was muggle and we all know how that goes. And Cana... well I actually knew almost nothing about Cana's family situation, but surely someone as rough as her couldn't have much in the way of money. Regardless, I stepped in - despite it being midday, it was somehow dark inside, lit only by candlelight it seemed, with just a few patrons gathered throughout the place, drinking, reading, eating, the works. Half of them already looked suspicious, with how they sat in corners alone with hoods up, which was always an annoyance.

However, as soon as I'm done taking a glance over the inn, I see that the large man who was behind the bar is already infront of us, rubbing his chin, "Now what're three little Hogs doin' in my Inn? Not expecting a drink, are ya?" He was barely not sneering and I could tell - ugh. Yes, more often than they should, students from Hogwarts try to sneak down and get drinks here, it's a bit of a tradition nowadays, and if you manage to get one it gets you accepted in some of the dumber social circles. But I just shook my head, "We were just hoping for a bite to eat at the most famous place in Hogsmeade."

Manipulate
KittyEmpress!r 2d6+1
13:13 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 10+1 = 11


He didn't seem fully convinced, but as I let my little waist purse jingle, he smiled a bit more brightly, motioning around, "Then sit where ever pleases you. I'll have Tams get you menus." His demeanor completely had changed as the fact that I had coinage became apparent. And there was, luckily, a nice little table for three that had a good view of most of the Inn's patrons. And yet was also far enough for us to whisper without being seen.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Sep 27, 2015 around 01:42

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Scene 4 (continued)

Spelbruk's Tavern
The two of you make your purchases, then head on over to Spelbruk’s. It’s much less popular than the Hog’s Head, so it’s nearly deserted – mostly inhabited by a few sullen and unsober looking locals. And, strangely enough, Professor Meliora, who gives you both a polite wave but otherwise feigns disinterest in the pair of you, preferring to fixate on his mostly empty pint – and his rather attractive date.

Zach – A rundown location that’s seen better days, teeming with barely disguised hostility. Sounds like your family a bit, doesn’t it? Still, you’ve got chocolate, Val sitting with you, life is good, right? Intend on putting the moves on her again? If you tried hard enough, you could probably replace one of her “proper” Horseman. Between Gillian, Erin, and Martin, who do you think it’d be easiest to supplant in her eyes?

Val – As soon as you sit down, you hear a… whisper? A man’s whisper? ”Room 4, Fifteen minutes…” It fades, leaving you to wonder just what the hell? Do you suspect it might be a trap, or is it something more? Your Mark stings, though you can tell it’s just yours – the rest of your Horsemen, even Zach, were somehow unreached. It’s doubtful even Erhard was able to pick it up. Do you intend to put your date on hold to obey the voice?

Hog’s Head Inn
The Hog’s Head is as busy as ever, with nearly every table filled with raucous and cheerful customers. It's popular with the Faculty especially, and you all spot a few of your professors across the room, sharing a table. Legate, Pilf, Leibniz, and Essurl among them. Their conversation is taking place in hushed tones, unfortunately. If you want to hear more, you’ll need to get closer.

Cana – There’s something… off, about the smells in this place. Like there’s something rotten coming up from the floorboards somehow. No one else seems to notice it, but then again, no one else is a secret werewolf, are they? Do you think that’s linked to what Gwen was talking about? Is taking Senna down into a stinky cellar your idea of a fun date?

Senna – Legate gives you a hearty hello when you enter, though she seems to glare at the company you’re keeping. Do you think her look – the one that implied you shouldn’t be with them – annoy you, or do you think she might be right? A few Ravenclaw boys are talking at the next table over, and you’ve managed to pick up that they’re actually discussing your girlfriend… and Lee? Apparently he has an issue with her, and he’s going to do something about it “soon.” What do you make of that?

Gwen – Legate and Pilf, you’ve reasons to be suspicious of both of them, right? What do you think of them meeting up here – just teachers enjoying themselves, or something sinister? What do you order for the three of you (you’re paying, after all, and I’m sure you have the most refined palate of the bunch.) Do you think that meeting is why you’re here, or is there something more to this place than meets the eye?

Madam Pudifroot’s
The cozy little shop is practically packed to the rafters with Hogwarts students, all of whom seem to be on various dates with one another. However, you’re the only Trio though. There’s an animated snowstorm overhead decorating the place, though you all quickly surmise it’s made out of magically animated sugar and not actual snow, since bits of it drift down

Jacob – Jacqueline hasn’t seemed to be nearly as hostile to you today. Perhaps she’s taking Margot’s prediction seriously? At the minimum, she’s content to sit next to you. When Mag looked away earlier, she even gave you a look of silent understanding. (She’ll get along with you to make sure both of you have a good date.) Unlike the other two though, you can’t help but notice some odd (and jealous) looks you’re getting from the other students. Do you think that’s going to be a problem, or are you enjoying yourself too much to care?

Margot – The three of you obtain your table and place your orders… and that’s when you notice Cana’s cousin Tammy, snogging the Slytherin Charles Boyle, at the table next to you. A vision comes, unbidden as usual, as you do. What do you see? What does Fate have in store for them, good or ill? Do you say anything to the pair of them, or is your date with your own Fated pair taking top priority today?

Tomes and Scrolls
Erhard – Between your story and the wine, Victoria looks like she’s about ready to melt into your arms. Shy or not, she shoots a glance around to make sure you’re both alone, and then leans across the table and kisses you once, on the cheek. “Aww, that’s… that’s so sweet.” She sits back in her seat, but reaches a hand across the table to grasp yours, tentatively – it looks almost like she’s shocked by her own forwardness, so she keeps blushing. “You’re so nice to me, I…” She visibly gulps, then adds, “Ireallylikeyou,” as quickly as she possibly could. If you want to ask her to be your girlfriend, now’s probably as good of a time as you’re going to get. Do you?

Dervish and Banges
Lee – “Hmmm…” Frederick starts, clearly enjoying his role as information broker. He puts on his usual expression of secretly knowledgeable, but it mostly just makes him look like a smarmy git. “Well, I wasn’t supposed to say-“ He looks out the frosted window at the front of the shop, then starts to chuckle to himself. “Well, whaddya know – they’ve made it easy for you. It’s those two.” He points, and you follow his indication to see Marcus, and Val’s Hufflepuff friend Gillian, holding hands with one another while walking down the street. "That's her earring, saw it last week." Given that Hogsmeade wasn't open to students then, how he did so is a mystery in and of itself.

Before you can do anything more though, Frederick taps you with the newspaper. “Got anything else? Might just be able to tell you what they’ve both been asking for – neither’s come in together, I don’t think either knows what the other is up to. But you could...” Do you stick around to gather more intel, or accost the two of them before they can get up to whatever it is they're planning?

Who is free, what is going to cost you...

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Tempting Fate, On Notice
Location: Hogsmeade (The Hog's Head Inn)

Gwen takes my hand in hers and I give it a squeeze and smile over at her before blushing deeply at Cana's arm around my waist pulling me close. I snuggle up to her shyly, grateful for the warmth but shying up at how public we were being. People might talk! We get to the Hog's Head and Gwen navigates the bartender expertly. I was glad we had her with us.

I wave back at Professor Legate as we make our way over to a table. Giving her a sunny smile despite her disapproving look. I knew Cana and Gwen could be trouble sometimes but they were still good people. I take a seat where Cana and Gwen can sit to either side of me and look over the menu. As I do I overhear a patch of conversation about Lee handling Cana. That seemed odd, if he had any kind of beef with her it didn't show this morning.

I knew it was rude to listen in but I had to know, I turn in my seat and ask in a whisper, "What's going on between Lee and Cana?" I realize I have Cana right there with me but I give the youngest looking gossip an imploring look.

[Rolling to Manipulate an NPC
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 7+2 = 9
What will it take for them to tell me?
]

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 2/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Glory Hound, Likes to be Petted, Doomed
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

Teachers might make this a bit more difficult, definitely will make getting technically illegal drinks for the three of us more difficult, but if they aren't part of whatever plot, it might be handy to have some fully qualified witches and wizards around. Not that the three of us aren't just as good. Thoughts of alcohol and the pleasant nature of Senna snuggled against me are pushed a bit to the side by the smell that slowly builds up as we make our way to a table, and I barely register Gwen's heading off to get us food, and don't pick up at all on the implication about our finances, which as anyone who paid any attention would know are excellent. I've had a full moneybag jingling at my hip this entire time.

I take a long deep breathe through my mouth, which thankfully can't taste the scent -yet anyway- then close my eyes for a moment, holding Senna close and sniff again. Eeeyuck! What is that? It smells foul, rotten and rank. Bad food? No one else seems to smell it, so maybe it is just some forgotten hunk of meat in the cellar no one but me can smell. But that seems... unlikely. If something is going on here, then I can't fool myself that whatever this smell is isn't linked to it. I haven't even smelled something this bad in the Forbidden Forest. Before I can think much more about this, my eyes -remember what it's like to be a wolf- try to physically swivel in Senna's direction. Something going on between me and Lee? What? Nothings going on- if people are telling Senna I'm seeing him.... There is going to be hell to pay.


Remembered to check my highlights finally, marking exp for that Shut Down Gwen

GodFish fucked around with this message at Sep 28, 2015 around 19:00

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1x | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Experience 0/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions:
Location: Teahouse

I return a thankful look to Jacqueline, glad that she's going to try and have a good time. I'd been looking forward to this all week, and the idea of spending it exchanging barbs with Jacqueline had been depressing. But, now that we're on the same page, the afternoon is looking much brighter.

I reach out and pluck a flake out of the air before it dissolves and drop it into my tea. After taking a long sip, I look back at the two of them and say, "So, either of you going to the Quiditch? It's supposed to be a real grudge match." I give Mag's a smile and add, "Don't tell me who wins though. I want it to be a surprise."

I catch another set of eyes gawking over Mag's and Jacqueline's shoulders. Analia Sableheart is with some guy I don't recognize. It's hard being the new kid, ok? But she's really glaring at us. Me, in particular. I don't know exactly what's gotten her so worked up, but it's not lost on me that we're a trio in a room full of duos. I figured that Lee's friends would be a bit nicer, but, why should I care? Or should she, for that matter? Maggie's already said that I'm going to be with her... and Jacqueline for a long time coming. So, I'm happy with the situation. Still, I may not mind getting funny looks, but I don't want her harassing Mags... I'll have to have a word with her later.

In the meantime, I visibly nudge the package under the table and ask, "So... do you know what it is already? I'm not really too clear on how much you see about the future."

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold +1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hogs Head Inn | Condition

I was watching the teachers as they watched me, while I walked up to the bar to get food for us. I didn't really know what either of them liked, but I had a feeling I could guess - and by that I meant that I simply went and ordered the basics - a large piece of meat that they claimed was a 'steak' but was more of a slab of red meat, with a bit of oversized brocolli on the side to make it not seem too terribly unhealthy - for Cana of course, and then a pair of more low-key dishes for Senna and myself - nice, hot hashbrowns topped with spinach, a few kinds of beans, cheeses, and various other vegetables. All of it vegetarian, because Senna seemed like the type who might be concerned about that kind of thing. Okay, it wasn't actually very healthy - honestly, no one ever needed that much cheese.

Waiting for the food was annoying, so I found myself staring at the table full of teachers - two teachers I already suspected were involved or at least being manipulated, it had to be two that I didn't trust, didn't it? It couldn't be ones that I thought were innocent, nope. So I just sat there, pretending like I wasn't staring, as if I was just looking over the whole bar.

Gaze About TEACHERS.
17:03 KittyEmpresss !r 2d6-1
17:03 Krysmbot KittyEmpresss, 12-1 = 11
Uh, show me stuff to do and make it clear?


I was shaken out of my reverie that I'd fallen into as I looked over the gathered patrons, as the large bar owner pushed out the plates of food to me, making me carry them myself. That's fine, that's to be expected somewhere like this, but honestly, I had paid quite fairly, he should have been happier and less dour. Why did he always look so dour? But regardless, I laid out our food infront of the intended recipient, dipping down to do so. "So, anything catch your eyes?" I whispered as I served out the steak to Cana, before moving over to Senna, "I hope this looks good to you?" Okay, so what I asked Cana was a little more business related, but what else could you expect?

Turn on Cana
17:28 KittyEmpresss !r 2d6+2
17:28 Krysmbot KittyEmpresss, 8+2 = 10


Turn on Senna
18:07 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
18:07 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8+2 = 10

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 3
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Path to Hogsmeade | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse

I take her hand in mine and smile with a worn and wary smile, and pet her hand tenderly. "I like you too, and I have been worried about that." I said honestly as pet her hand. "I've wanted to take you as my girlfriend and perhaps more, but you see, I am a difficult person to be with." I sigh and bring her hand closer to me. Kissing the back of it slowly, I cup her hand between mine. "I am demanding, exacting and intense. I couldn't just have you as a girlfriend, I would want you to be mine completely and utterly." Moving to her side and looking down as I get closer to her.

My hand traces along her finger tips as I kneel on one knee, "I would be willing to give that commitment if you could give that much of your love as I can you." I smiled and kissed her cheek slowly as I looked into her eyes flicking from blue to a pale white as I searched her eyes and her soul. Caressing her cheek slowly , "Your soul and spirit is pure and you are stronger than you can even imagine, I know that I can give you my actual love to you." Giving a glance toward heaven, I continued the moment transfixing both of us.

"I have always loved too deeply, my parents knew it, in fact you might say they created me that way." There is some sadness that creeps into my smile, "They loved me and doted me for years, and then when their attention waned I was left there. It is a terrible thing to be left alone and to be only a tool. Only doing my part mindlessly was allowed and without questioning it, expecting as much love as possible as others gained and kept their attention from us. Still, I was faithful and I loved them more than anything else in the universe or life." I said stroking her hands slowly my other hand on her face looking deep into her eyes.

A single tear streaks down my cheek as I gave a bright glowing blue eyes stare back at her, "And when I tried to gain their love and attention, I was sent to my Opa and Oma. I tried to help, and that was a curse, cause I dare question my status as just a tool, just a forgotten marionette. I don't want that to happen again, nor for that to you happen to you." I lean closer to her and close enough for her to feel my breath on her cheek, my eyes seem to envelop her.

"I want you. I want you to be my side always, and to be with me in heart, mind and soul. I've chosen you, Victoria. You will never need to feel jealous or alone or conflicted as I will be there. You just have to give me your devotion and your love all of it, and it will be returned tenfold." My hand stroked her cheek, chin and neck slowly and lavishly.

"You just have to say the word." I said my warmth and angelic glow starting to fill the room with a burning love that was innocent and pure.

2d6-1 → [5,1,-1] = (5)+3 = 8
Manipulate Victoria for Love

Spending a string on Victoria for a +3 manipulation

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008





Scene 4 (Continued)

Hog’s Head Inn
Senna - "Well, shouldn't you know?" The Ravenclaw youngster asks you, looking a mixture of surprised and suspicious. "After all, you're dating her... aren't you? That's what everybody says." He eyes Cana, then Gwen. "Or are you with her?"

He'll answer your question if you publicly profess who you are / would rather be with to him - Cana, or Gwen?

Gwen - You see Legate in your mind's eye, though she looks... younger. Almost like you, if not as pretty. Obviously. She's looking up at the Headmaster, staring at her the way Senna should stare at you. She's sprinting down corridors, desperately searching for something wrong - something to impress a powerful auror. Staring at Pilf, he grin widdens...

Tomes and Scrolls
Erhard – "Oh wow..." Victoria murmurs, beyond taken aback. To you, it looks like she's died and gone to Heaven - she is ecstatic, rapturous, gazing into your eyes like a drowning woman looking upon the sea. Her eyes fart towards the door, than you, and she looks like she'd be kissing the hell out of you - more probably - if she wasn't so shy.

That said, you feel a disturbance - as if Heaven itself is trembling. Something is wrong, deeply wrong, and it's not here. If you want to look into it, you'll have to abandon your date. What matters more - you and Victoria, or Heaven's will?

Trespass if you stay, Forgiveness if you abandon Victoria.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +0, Cold: -1, Volatile +1, Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed, Psycho Girlfriend, Best Friend
Location: Tea House

"I..." I stutter at Jacob's question. "I..." I wasn't looking there, I was looking at Tammy and Charles' table, where they were both slumped over, a pool of blood on the table in front of them, as if their throats had been torn out violently. It was gruesome; horrific, even, but no one was paying it any attention. "Do you...?"

I blinked, and the vision ended, they were both upright, talking, snogging each other. Christ, I hated unbidden visions, they always lacked context - was that literal or was it figurative? If it was literal, what the hell was going to do that to them? I shook my head. I'd...try and figure more out about that later, I guess. I had made Jacob a promise. I returned my attention to him and Jacqueline.

"Sorry....I...don't. I don't get visions regarding myself, generally. They're unreliable, if the viewer is the actor and the actor knows the plot, the plot tends to get distorted. I can catch glimpses of myself in other visions...like the ones I had about you two." I smile slowly, even if it wasn't an ideal audience I did like talking about my gift. "Luckily, that does mean that surprise presents still surprise me. Unless I peer backwards and see what you have bought, but postcognition is sloppy and boring, besides. Who cares about scrying on the past? Not a lot of point to it." The smile turns into a sarcastic smirk; that wasn't 100% true, but generally my visions were more forward seeking - an important thing to keep in mind, especially when I get free-roaming snippets of destiny like that...bloody thing a minute ago.

I take both of their hands in mine and squeeze, after a moment. "So...don't keep us in suspense, Jacob, what'd you get?"


<LifeGetsWorser> Oh lord blind turn on on Jacob
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7 = 7
<LifeGetsWorser> woo
<LifeGetsWorser> Turning on Doomed Romance Jacqueline
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+1 = 8
<LifeGetsWorser> huzzah

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1x | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Experience 0/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions:
Location: Teahouse

I turn to look behind me when Mags goes pale staring over my shoulder. I don't see anything aside from a couple of people snogging, so I just listen to her as she tells me what her visions are like. I nod along as she explains, a little thankful that she didn't ruin the surprise. It's wooden jewelry box that I carved from a piece of wood I found near the lake. It's pretty rough, but (I hope) that's part of the charm. There's even a bit of jewelry inside! Specifically, a thin stainless steel chain that has a heart with an eye looking out of it. I thought it was really cute, and I figure she'd like it as well!

As I slide the small package across to her, I squeeze her hand back and ask, concerned, "Are you ok?" Then, turning back to look at the kissing couple, I think I realize what might have happened. My eyes narrow as I ask, "Did they do something? I swear, the people around here need to get their heads out of their rear end. We've got just as much right to be here as they do."

Turn on true love psycho girlfriend with an 8

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 4
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Scrolls and Tomes | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse

Oh no. I thought to myself, this was the moment, I didn't have the tears, but time had caught up on me. I had spent months and days working on school work, when I could have been searching for a way to get them, instead everything was delayed due to human frailty. I looked at Victoria and couldn't help but smile though, and leaned in to give her a single kiss on the lips. She wasn't answering, but I felt my hand give her cheek an angelic mark. At least this mark would offer her some heavenly protection, but I was a soldier, and I had to march to war.

"I should give you time, I fear if I am here I might not be able to restrain my desire." I say honestly, I was being too forceful and too demanding of her, "Tonight, come to my garden, I've never had anyone there, but I want you there. You can tell me your answer and we can share everything together." My lip quivering as I lean in for just one more kiss that was pulling at me, my hand goes to the wine and I pull my wine from the ice bin and hand it to her. "We will drink it in my wine there. It is behind Barnabas the Barmy statue in the hallway of the fourth floor. Now that you know where it is, you will see the door."

Getting up to my feet, I turn around and look at her longingly, "There is something evil afoot, one of my alarms has been triggered. I've been trying to protect you and school from it, but I have to go now. If you came to harm, I couldn't live with myself. If I can't protect someone I love, who can I protect?" I turn and look at the bare door scanning for her group of friends, at least someone in our group of friends. I see Althea Deline walking by, and see her come in the tome store to look for more parchment.

"Althea is in the front of the store, I beg you go to her and stay safe. I am going out the back, and to war. I am going to return though and meet you under our oak tree." I smiled savagely and opened the door to the and then broke into a outright run. How long did I have before someone was dead? Heaven had done this on purpose, lulling me into a sense of safety and security, and let me love. This was to stop me from tempting me from expressing that or being with someone I love on purpose, another event timed for the purpose of the Creator pulling a string and making sure the marionette jumped.

Forgiveness +1
Spending a string to give Victoria a condition
Giving Victoria Touched by an Angel Condition

Turning on Victoria with well Angelic chivalry
2d6+3 → [1,3,3] = (7)
Turn On Victoria via angelic selflessness


2d6+1 → [1,6,1] = (8)
Run away from Victoria into Danger!

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Sep 30, 2015 around 16:53

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"


Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 1
Harm: 0/4 XP: 2/5 Conditions : Canaphobe, Overshadowed, hostile

I look amazed. "Her? I thought this was Senna's." I say, looking confused. I kow it. I remember it. Maybe they're in it together? Or maybe I'm mistaken, or maybe Frederick is. gently caress it, poo poo getting more and more complicated. Should I go after them? Kind of looks like they're just having a date. And I know where they're at, I can always get to them. Frederick I don't get to see too often.

I turn to him. "I can't exactly magic something out of my pockets right now, Frederick. But hey, I can tell you what I know is going on in Hogwarts. Or find something out for you, if you like secrets better than other things. Unless there's something in particular you want from there. Can't make any promises except to try. Don't wanna get my wand snapped, innit?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1 Cold: +2x, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Location: Hogsmeade Conditions: Loser,

Sitting in Spellbruks reminds me a bit of home. Run down slightly shabby. Rats scurrying everywhere. People conspiring in shadowy corners it's dowright homely Admittedly there's no snake people but it can't have everything. Things are pretty great at the moment. I should haver Lee and Cana at each others throats before the day is out I have a really attractive girl set opposite me and I've got no plans for the rest of the day. Hmm I need a plan to "deal with" Valerie. I mean I really like spending time with her. She's ambitious, driven intelligent and incredibly sexy. All the traits I wish I had. The safest way would be to dispose one of her other minions. Wouldn't be that hard. Gillian's on thin ice over the whole possessed by a shadow thing. Erin's impulsive and would be pretty easy to goad into something stupid. But I think the real weak spot and threat there is Martin the gryffindor. I've already seen the dirty looks he keeps giving me. I think he knows about me and Valerie and is jealous. Maybe he's crushing hard for her. I don't blame him. But she's mine and I'm not big on sharing. So Martin's the one I need to deal with. But how I barely know the guy still he must have some weakness I could exploit. Some flaw I could use against him. It's just a matter of what.

[22:24] Ferrosol gazing about Martin
[22:24] Ferrosol !r2d6-1
[22:24] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[22:24] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4-1 = 3
nope

But while I'm thinking doesn't mean I can't pursue other pleasures while I'm at it. I slithered closer to her and whispered "you look exhausted what say we rent a room for a few hours and slip upstairs to relax." I said snuggling in close to her with my arm wrapped tight around her. Hopefully implying what kind of relaxation I was interested in.

[22:29] Ferrosol turn on Val
[22:29] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[22:29] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2+1 = 3
marking xp at least.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Tempting Fate, On Notice
Location: Hogsmeade (The Hog's Head Inn)

"Not that it's any of your business but I'm here with them both. However, I'm on a date with Cana if you must know." I tell them quietly. I hadn't chosen between them, not really, I'd only told the truth. But then the truth was even though I had this crush on Gwen I was Cana's girlfriend and I had to be good about that. I wanted them both and I felt so naughty about that. Cana snuggles up to me and squeezes me close I tuck right back against her and address the gossips. "So what's the rumor." I pry.

After they tell me Gwen shows up with our food and it smells delicious. "Thank you so much." I beam a smile at her. She bends over and I catch myself casting a look down her robes and quickly blush and avert my eyes. Oh my goodness! Did she wear nothing under her robes? I blush furiously and settle in snug between the two of them and I focus on my meal as I try to dash the inappropriate thoughts from my mind. Gwen's question to Cana is the perfect distraction. I swallow my mouthful of food and look to Cana. "You're noticing something? What is it?" I was still left out of the greater plot going on. "What are we here for?" I ask them both.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 2/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Glory Hound, Likes to be Petted, Doomed
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

I'm not super pleased with the way Senna decided to phrase that answer -since I was very much listening in- but she did acknowledged she was on a date with me not Gwen. So good enough for now. I contentedly snuggle back up with her while we listen to whatever this rumor is. About me and Lee. Honestly I'm pretty much blanking on what it could actually be, so its probably something dumb about us seeing each other. Not that I'd normally be opposed, but I am in a relationship with Senna now. Gwen was before that.

"Oh, good choice Teague," I grin at the dish, and the food she brought over, wolfishly -naturally- and pull the plate towards me, enjoying the much stronger and more enjoyable scent of the steak. I wait a few bites before I answer her question. "Yeah- There's something in the basement. I could smell it coming up when we walked in, the draft from the door must have pulled it up. I'm surprised you two didn't notice, honestly." Perfect excuse. "Can't pick it up now though, not with all this nicer smells around." I gesture to the plate, and give Senna's hair a playful sniff. "I'd say we should check there first. It might just be rotting food or something, but you never know, and if we're looking for something odd, I'd put that at the top of the list we've got right now, unless you've got a stronger lead?" Unless she's got a lead then our list is currently exactly one item, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Spelbruk's | Conditions: Busy Body, Bossy, Drained
DARKEST SELF


I'm taken off-guard ever so slightly when I notice Spelbruk's is not only occupied, but open for business. I don't usually enjoy going to Hogsmeade, so news of its... revival, as it were, didn't reach me.

The company is horrendous to say the least, but with Zach here, it--what, what was that? It sounded like a solicitation, but it must have come from my Mark and mine alone judging by him. He seems fine, but I've reflexively tightened my abs at the sting and grasped his hand tighter.

We find our table, me pulling the hat-shaped caramel-filled morsels out individually and lining them up in a circle. I like to craft my snacks into an experience, and it seems Zach is taken by my decor by his concentrated glare... What is going on in there?

"I'm sorry to have brought you to this... disreputable place. It has an ever-shrinking place in my heart as the place where my parents had their first date." At least that's the story I've crafted, minus the Death Eater stuff. "My parents don't like to go out as much as they used to. They're not a popular sort around here anyway." And that's putting it lightly.

Speaking of, my anecdote is interrupted by Zach's strange insistence. "Now now," I say, lifting his arm off of me and regaining control of this little game we're playing. "I haven't even touched my sweets." I unwrap the 12 o'clock hat and begin my journey. How smooth on my lips, how rich on my palate. I look at Zach. I may have conceded the first battle, but one victory does not a conqueror make.

"So tell me, Zach. What are you looking for?" I spin my 1 o'clock chocolate on its top. "In the club, I mean."

Of course I don't mean the club.

  • Locked thread
«14 »