Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot +1x | Cold -1x | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Experience 3/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions:

I smile and hug her back. As she goes on about her conundrum, I nod along, wishing I had her problems but still trying to look sympathetic. I really should try to help her. After all, that's what she'd do, right? I sigh at the advice she got and say, "No, that's jealousy thing is dumb, and Zach needs to read less trashy novels. Just go and talk to her, tell her what you told me. You like Gwen, and she surprised you. You got flustered and weren't able to talk straight, but you know you want to date Cana."

I feel pleased with my good idea before I realize what I just said.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, YOU MORON?

"...But, maybe it'd be a good idea to give her some time to calm down? She's really got a scary temper, and she looked really upset..."

Whew. That was a close save.

I decide to change the subject back to the spirit and say, "Maybe... we don't have to beat it. The spirit, I mean. Maybe we can just trap it? There's got to be a way to keep a ghost locked in something, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +2, Cold +1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Library| Conditions: Doomed Romance, Braggart
DARKEST SELF

Val goes on this overly prosey line about the torturous curse - gods, I don't need a description of how it feels, I've read about it a million times! All that you trying to show off and make me feel bad for not understanding is annoying me, you stupid bitch. Honestly, she doesn't know poo poo about me, what, because we got lost once together, now I'm her friend? We got into trouble once, that doesn't mean I care about her lovely problems or her friends. Her discussion with Margaret only makes it more obvious to me what the truth is, and as she starts freaking out, I can't help myself but to comment, "Perhaps more people would be willing to help you if you weren't insane."

Counter spending a string to turn her shutdown back into a 6.

I just turn away at that, my hair whipping behind me, as I dramatically walk away from her and her problems - I don't even feel bad for it, if she wanted my help, she should have asked for it respectfully, she should have been happy that I offered any insight at all. I think my refusal is obvious enough to her.

Shut down.
17:55 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
17:55 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8+1 = 9[
We both lose strings./i]

Instead, I walk right over to the table Jacob and Senna are sitting at, and I put my hands down flat on the table, loudly announcing my presence, "Senna, wonderful to see you. You know, with Cana refusing to listen to you, and getting so angry because you were upset by her friend insulting you, maybe we should spend more time together. I can assure you that I wont let anyone insult you infront of me, like she so terribly did!" My hand is resting on her forearm now, and I'm smiling sweetly - oh yes, Senna was much more sweet than the sourness of Val's actions.

[i]Turn on
18:27 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+2
18:27 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 9+2 = 11
Additionally Jacob is Overshadowed, and Gwen gets the condition Braggart.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot +1x | Cold -1x | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Experience 3/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Overshadowed

Before Senna responds, Gwen butts in and basically tells Senna that they should date. All while completely ignoring me, the person Senna was having a conversation with. I just stare for a moment. I've thought that Gwen was a bit stuck up and showy, but I haven't seen her be so thoughtlessly rude before. And, I'm pretty sick of this by now.

I glare at Gwen and say, "You know, we were having a conversation before you interrupted. And anyway, Senna's dating Cana right now. She just said as much. Trust me, I know it sucks to be rejected, but maybe you should take a hint? You're not making it any easier for her."

<Capfalcon> Shut down gwen
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 5 = 5

Tag braggart and spend a string. Give her "Rejected" and she can give me one.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +2, Cold +1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Library| Conditions: Doomed Romance, Braggart
DARKEST SELF

I stare at Jacob, just stare. For a good moment, I let the air sit like that, and people around us notice - oh, people know what happens when you insult me, or belittle me. Jacob was playing with fire, and he was going to be burned somehow. But I didn't need anything big, or flashy, "This from the boy who was pining for the woman who dumped him, and wanted to be comforted? Its good to see your attitude of playing as the innocent victim is just a cover for your hypocrisy."

Using That Cool to remove Outclassed and lower that roll by 1. Hardmoves for Jacob time!

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Tempting Fate, Irresponsible, Doomed

"Of course!" I slap my hands over my mouth at my exclamation hoping I didn't draw the attention of the librarian. I peer around before I continue. "I've been so focused on defeating the spirits I never even thought of sealing them away. That would be just as good! Oh Jacob you're brilliant! Let's see if we can find a way together." I feel a hand on my forearm and turn to see Gwen. God she's so intense. I listen to her and then Jacob jumps in and they start bickering with each other.

I hold up my hands between them and look between the two of them. "Please don't fight." I implore. I look to Gwen, I smile at her, I fidget. She was so attractive and I was tempted. "Jacob and I were about to go through the library to look for answers but I'd love to go out with you." I take her hand in mine and squeeze it. She wasn't Cana but it felt good to be wanted. "Can you wait until we're done here?" I wait for her answer politely.

• Locked thread