Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
  • Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Common Room -> Halls| Conditions: Braggart, Hot Headed

I was headed to the library and so very very deep in thought, when suddenly I was rammed into by an extremely solid mass, one that nearly knocked me off my feet and made me slide the wand down my wrist - never keeping it far from hand when I knew danger was around. But then it started babbling and I knew who it was, as Senna's face was practically pushed into mine - really, she had to lean down a little to hold me so tight and close like that, it had to be awkward for her. Still, she was babbling about a topic a little more important than my looking at her cute innocent face, than my slight blush.

"Senna, Senna it's fine. T..." I paused for a moment, considering telling her about the missing barrier, before deciding that it'd be better not to, for the sake of keeping her from panicking more, to protect her from it, "The headmaster already knows something's wrong. I told him earlier today about something, and I'm sure he's working on it." Hopefully he was - obviously him going missing right after learning something so important wouldn't be something he would do if it was unrelated, right? We could be swarmed by Dark Wizards at any moment, without those protections - really it would be the dumbest thing.

Promising her what she wants - help and protection

I finally wrapped my own arms around her, as her little note was finished, keeping them a good bit up on her back even as I did hold her more like a lover than a friend - I didn't want to push though, I'd seen enough of her to know how innocent she was, how difficult she would be. It was part of what drew me to her, to start - that innocence she never lost, it was mystical in a way, something more magical than any magic a wizard could hold. "And he's not the only one looking into it. I'm trying to figure it out too, so I can keep you - keep everyone, keep the school safe. But we can't panic people, it will just give whatever bad thing more chaos to work in, okay?"

"I was just going to go to the library, to see if I could research anything... I have a few hunches but... well, nothing concrete." I wasn't going to let go of her until she got unhappy with it. The library could wait.

Turn on
KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
20:29 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+1 = 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: History of Magic Classroom | Conditions: Busy Body, Bossy


I'm honestly stunned at the turnout (Gillian is no surprise) to the point of asking Erin for a ledger. Let's go down the list.

The Ledger posted:

Erin showed up first as she always does. Marcus followed close behind, took one of Erin's butterbeers and sat waiting for the show to begin. Dedication.

A swarm of Hufflepuffs showed up next, named... Oh, you're joking me. Harry, Ron and Hermione. As soon as I voiced my surprise at that, the three fourth-years told us that they had been named after the "big three" and found each other soon after being sorted. Hermione is the one with glasses, Ron has black hair, and Harry is heavier than I'd imagine Minister Potter to be in his youth.

Chelsea showed up, as she said she would, and brought Thomas along. After her was Malcolm Gladwell. I believe I've read one of his books about being exceptional by birthright and privilege. It spoke to me. He's obviously not the author, but he was talking to another girl, Talis Drescher, about how talented he was with Divination. As they spoke, she stole a small pouch out of his bag. She's one to watch.

Tavish Forney sat in the middle of the crowd, trying to make eye contact with any woman he could. His father is a renowned painter of magical portraits, which explains how blase Tavish is about... anything, really. He has something to fall back on, so why bother trying?

Winding down, we have Kayla Krieger and Syrene Royer. I only spotted Kayla, standing around Thomas and acting tough. Wait, something's moving--There's Syrene, crawling under the desks. How delightful it is for me to have to tame a wild person.

And finally, Martin showed up just before me. Classic Martin.

Althea and I passed by Victoria on our way to the meeting and walked together. They gabbed about this and that. I heard something about Victoria falling for Lee but getting turned down. Wasn't she doting on Erhard until recently? Seems this was her third choice for the evening, which is good enough for my purposes.

"Welcome one, welcome all! Please, take a seat. Yes, that means you." I wait patiently for people to settle and lower their voices. "Now, welcome to this week's meeting of the Horsemen. I'd love to get to meet all of your personally, but first, since we have so many new attendees, I thought it wise to begin with the mission statement. 'We, the (one, two, three) seventeen! Horsemen of Hogwarts,'" My lord, are we good at P.R. "'Do hereby swear to uphold the three rules: to right that which is wrong, to do unto others as we would unto ourselves, and find allegiance in our fellows.'" I let them take it in. I think Martin rolled his eyes, though he knows better to do it in my presence.

"Now, as I'm sure you've all helped yourselves to refreshments--Thanks again to Erin for providing them.--We will begin discussing new business. The word on the wind has whispered in my ear about something troubling." I make sure Professor Binns is asleep at his desk, his incorporeal form rising steadily out of his seat by the force of his snores. "There's talk of an usurper among the faculty. They haven't named any names, but--"

Martin speaks up, "What's this, Val? What about the game?"

"I'll get to it, Martin," if you'd stop agitating me! "Now, the two prime suspects in this are Professors Legate from Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Cardano of Arithmancy. They each have their reason to be under investigation, so I'd like to ask for each of you to do your part in finding clues of treachery against Hogwarts."

<RWT> Manipulate the Horsemen!
<RWT> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> RWT, 3+1 = 4


In the ensuing unrest, Martin sounded like he was repeating my turn of phrase in a mocking tone. "Enough. Martin, would you like to prep them for the Quidditch match?"

"With pleasure, your majesty." There was a distinct snickering from within the crowd, from whom I couldn't tell. I leave the room in a huff and grab my wand.

Alright Gilly, you scheming bitch, what's so important that you have to leave us high and dry? I jab my wand into my chest, through the fabric of my uniform. No time for subtlety.

<RWT> Gaze Gillian aGain!
<RWT> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> RWT, 6 = 6

Streaming gets me 7. I want the truth; give me Drained.

Rather Watch Them fucked around with this message at Aug 26, 2015 around 01:50

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +2, Cold: -1, Volatile -1, Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed
Location: Ravenclaw Girls' Room

My head seems to stop throbbing as Jacob kisses me again and I'm tempted to throw myself and him back into the bed with Jacqueline, but I resist the urge and shove him towards the door.

"Later, you silly boy, not now!" I chastise him, more playfully than I intended to be, and I shake my head, as if to clear it.

Promising Jacob more time with Margot later

Once he's gone I turn and stare at Jacqueline, who thus far has declined getting dressed. "Are we waiting for an engraved invitation?" I ask her.

"Just waiting to get you alone..." She teases. I throw her robe at her.

"Later, I mean it, not now." I use the mom voice - people my own age were generally surprised I had one, but I did, and well, it was rather effective, exhibit A: Jacqueline getting dressed. She did playfully pout though. And she stopped by the door. "You coming?" She asked.

"In a minute." I sighed. "Need to collect myself." Even as I said it, my voice seemed sort of faint and further away then it ought to be. But if it was, Jacqueline didn't noticed and left the room, too.

Alone, I tried to shake the visions, but...I couldn't...they threatened to overwhelm - not the ones with Jacqueline and Jacob, that while insistent, seemed to be on track. No, the one involving Chaucer's death. And Senna's incarceration. And Senna...and I...seemed insistent. I hadn't been doing enough to ensure Destiny happened as it ought to. I had been busy with frivolities and indulging my own passions and look where that'd gotten me - I'd entangled my fate with two other people's and I saw no way to let the knot out. I'd effectively closed Lee out, unless Destiny gave me an out with him, too. Even then, it'd never be pure, I'd always have the two...three...other people that would need to be tended to, as well, I couldn't stop that.


Hot: +2, Cold: -1, Volatile -1, Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed
Location: Ravenclaw Girls' Room
DARKEST SELF

It was foolish to try to, I realize as I got to my feet. What was important - what was necessary - had nothing to do with my wants...those things that needed to happen needed to happen, I had been shirking that for too long and now everything was a mess. The only way to solve that was to find those strings I had let slack and pull them taut again. I couldn't let anything get in the way of that now. The first thing I needed to do was re-acquire Senna and determine the likely cause of her arrest. Then I needed to ensure she spent some private time with me, and then found her way to that Doom. There was no avoiding that and I wouldn't begin to attempt it now. But where would she be soon? I closed my eyes and inhaled and pushed through the headache, which parted like the last angry protest of a finished thunderstorm as I gazed into the immediate future.

Gazing about Senna, would like to know where she is likely going to end up so I can either meet her there or intercept her:

<LifeGetsWorser> Gazing!
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+1 = 8
<LifeGetsWorser> well ok

Confusing and disturbing, let's make that.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All
Location: Outside the Headmaster's office --> In route to the library

I burrowed into her embrace and listened to her comforting words. Gwen wasn't showing off right now, she was legitimately being kind to me. I had to admit, it felt pretty good to be in her arms. She smelled so good and she was so beautiful. I realized that even though I couldn't stand her sometimes I was nursing a little crush. I felt bad about that revelation! Wasn't I with Cana? We just had that lovely date and here I am fawning over Gwen.

"The library?" I peep. My voice is a tiny frightened thing. "I'll come with you! I know some of what's going on too. We can combine what we know and get to the bottom of this!"

[Promising you what I think you want: Senna's company. ]

I clap my hands together and start walking side by side with her. Perhaps a little too close. Our hands keep brushing against each other and I'm blushing and what's gotten into me today?! I have been fighting these urges all day! I'm being so inappropriate! Gosh!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1x | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Experience 2/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Doomed Romance

I've got a huge grin on my face as I return to the common room. What can I say? I wasn't expecting today going so well!

Still, as I descend the stairs, I realize that I've still got a lot of work to do. I mean, I really did need that help from Maggie... The common room is mostly abandoned. Only a few first and second years playing cards. Maybe I can find someone else in my classes if I look around...

The library makes the most sense. Someone's got to be studying there.

So, I collect my things and set up down in the library. And what do you know, as soon I start going over one of my lessons, Senna walks in with Gwen. Today really is my lucky day!

I sigh in relief and wave Senna down. Looking up at her with the relief palpable in my face, I say, "Oh, you're just who I wanted to see! I just got out of the hospital wing, and I've got so much to catch up on." I hesitate before adding, "You remember, right? Herbology?" I look at her hopefully. I mean, yeah, most people had even forgotten that it happened, but she Senna. One of the nicest people in the school! She's going to be glad I'm ok, right?

I rub the back of my neck and give a sheepish smile as I ask Senna, "Anyway, would you mind helping me catch up a bit? I'm really behind and I can't find any of the professors to ask for an extension! I'd really owe you one!" As I do ask, I lean in on the desk, looking more than a little desperate. I look back at Gwen, silently pleading with her too.

Take a string on Know it all Senna with a 13 turn on

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Halls| Conditions: Braggart, Hot Headed

Senna was still practically clinging to me as she invited herself along to the library with me - had she been anyone else I would have been annoyed by the presumption, but truly, if she wished to spend more time with me, I would be absolutely fine with that. "Having a partner always makes work easier, I would be happy to have you along - we will get much more done together than alone." I would of course be focusing on the work - after all, catching whoever was doing what they were doing would clearly work best in proving how wonderful I am.

And then we are stopped by someone who is complaining about their entirely mundane and boring problems to Senna, and begging her for help, and I already know she will help them so I quickly placed myself between them as he finishes, "We are doing something much more important than asking for extensions, I might even say possibly more important than anything else going on in this castle." It was true, catching a dark evil wizard would be more important than any of these students would ever know in their boring lives.

But I realize that Senna will want to help him and sigh, "So if you'll allow us to proceed, I can let you borrow my notes for our classes. You will find them better organized and planned than the actual lessons they were made from, and he able to learn what you missed and hopefully complete your missing work. " Really he should find this offer far, far beyond what he needed, and it would even let him do the work himself - and let me get Senna back to working with just me. And catching a bad person, yes that too - dark things are clearly more of a priority.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Drained
Location: The library!

"Jake!" I step away from the temptation that is Gwen and I give him a big hug! "Thank goodness you're okay! How are you feeling? Still stiff anywhere?" I am far too innocent to realize the innuendo in my current line of inquiry.

[Rolling to Turn On Jacob because it's funny.
Krysmbot Jenner, 5+2 = 7 its' an 8 with his Doomed Romance not that that matters.
Promise/Self/String?
]

I'm about to turn him down gently when Gwen starts being Gwen, sigh, look at how she just takes command of everything it's so infuriatingly attractive! I rest a hand on Gwen's shoulder and give it a squeeze. "What Gwen means to say is that we're kinda busy with our own studies, Jake, but her notes should really help you. She takes really good notes!" Gwen had let me borrow her Charms notes once after I'd had to help another kid to the infirmary. You know, come to think of it this school was dangerous enough on its own without giant shadowy conglomerates of evil loose in its bowels.

I give Jacob another squeeze, "When we're done I'll help you though! We can go over the notes together. Oh that reminds me, you missed it but Professor Legate assigned us homework." I explain the parameters of the homework to the pair (oh no I forgot to tell Cana!) as I pick out a table for us and start going through books I realize I don't even know where to begin to look to get the information on need. Oh, if only my Godmother had gotten back to me to give me direction, or if the Headmaster had been there. I sigh. I'm not on my own, I have Gwen to help me and maybe Jake can help too. As soon as we figured this out I could tell Cana and we'd look into it with some adults or something. I was certain everything was going to be all right.

[Rolling another Gaze into the Abyss let's see what books Senna can find to help us.
Krysmbot Jenner, 10-1 = 9
Wow, Senna cannot be stopped.
Lucid + Detailed and Draining please.
]

Whew, this was exhausting!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1x | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2x
Experience 3/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Doomed Romance, drained

I look a bit sour at Gwen for a moment. She's been a stuck up jerk pretty much all the time I've seen her around. I don't even think she remembers my name!

But... she does pretty well in classes, and she's offering to help me. I should just take the help. I don't need to prove anything to her, right?

And then Senna hugs me, and all that irritation just melts away. Finally, someone understands! I mean, it wasn't so much to ask for, right? I hug her back, but I flush a little when she asks if I'm feeling stiff. I mean, I was earlier but... I had a pretty good work out...

I say, "Oh, well, feeling better yeah. Especially now that I know I'm not going to end up in detention for the rest of the school year." I joke, but knowing this place... As I take the notes, I add, "By the way, thanks, Gwen. I appreciate it."

When Senna mentions help later, I say, "Oh sure. That'd be great. And maybe if I finish before the both of you, I could help? I mean, you two came here for a reason, right?"

Soon, they both head toward the stacks in the back. And man, I'm really starting to ache. I guess I've been pushing myself pretty hard. I take a look at myself in the mirror, and I'm starting to look a little pale. Still, nothing to be done for it. While I'm working on the homework, my mind briefly wanders, and I can't help but wonder just what is so important that Little Miss Gwen is so wound up about it?

<Capfalcon> Gaze about Gwen
<Capfalcon> Hm. Going to spiral downward too
<RWT> Galliteration.
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 4+3 = 7
<Capfalcon> whew
<Capfalcon> good choice

Going to make it draining and asking for a clear vision to: "What's got Gwen so wound up?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008



Scene 3 (Continued)
Put your location in your statblock / keep it updated, please. Also, sorry prompts took so long. I'm going to blame all the gazes even though it's actually my fault entirely.

Ravenclaw Tower - Mag's Dorm
Maggie - Poor Doomed Senna. Of course you know where she is - her thread is intermingled with yours in the tapestry of fate (though is it cut prematurely? You can almost make it out). She's in the library, surrounded by those destined to hurt her, searching for ways to help others. A sword hangs over her neck, and she's bent over a book, deep in study - she's no idea of what's to come. Coming out of your reverie, it's time for you to head there, is it not? Hasn't it been preordained?

You can make it to the library without interruption, or can be waylaid by Spiderfight - up to you Fate.

Library
Jacob - Maybe this place is getting to you. While you're thinking about Gwen, your mind wanders... dangerously far from home. There are two things bothering Gwen, since of course she's too important to have only one trouble. The first is Senna, strangely enough. You see her staring at Senna in class one frosty morning, who's too distracted with helping those around her to notice Gwen's lovestruck gaze. Next, you see a naked (or at least what you imagine she looks like) Gwen apparating from the Hospital Wing... and it works? Her obvious confusion belays a deep concern for Hogwart's wards being compromised. That's enough to startle you out of... whatever that just was. Hogwarts has a safety feature offline?! Of course it does. What do you think of her concerns? Do either of them mirror your own? What do you do?

Gwen - It's no trouble for you to help Senna search the library, of course. Still, what are you more concerned with, your investigation or your fellow investigator? What do you make of Jacob's intrusion, and him in general? What book do you notice that Senna, in her innocence, overlooked? What advice do you have for her - doubtless you're an expert at hunting dark wizards, like you are everything else?

Senna - Since you're such a diligent student and have such a great friend helping you, it doesn't take that long before you come across something useful. Alas, it's in the restricted section, but as you pass by (safely still in bounds, of course) a tattered yellow tome, nearly as thick as your forearm is long, all but leaps out at your mind's eye. It shouldn't be here, and the book knows it somehow. There are charts in there, glyphs and revelations and incantations that were never meant for wizardkind, let alone students. Certainly it was the source of the spell that mutilated those ghosts and stitched them together, oh yes. And it wants you to read it, it'd help you so much... That's a strange thing for you to think. What do you make of that faded yellow book? Are you willing to brave the restricted section to retrieve it? Is breaking the rules worth potentially getting to the bottom of whatever dark magic is afoot?

Library - History Room
Valerie - Through your connection to her, you see Gillian staring hatefully down at a complicated spell in the same black book you saw before. Complicated, yet you can feel her satisfaction at both having figured it out, and having the perfect opportunity to cast it. She produces a chunk of black hair - your hair, you realize dreadfully - and places it on the table before her, whispering a few words as carefully as she can before jabbing the ebon locks with her wand. There's a flash of midnight, obscuring her gaze. When it clears, in a gesture of pure contempt, she flicks the candle illuminating the dismal dark of her dorm room onto your hair, the flame igniting that part of you in a foul smelling haze.

And it's then you realize you've just started what's probably going to be the worst migraine of your life. Slamming into you like a wave, it seems Gillian's transmitted the spell through your Dark Mark, the clever bitch. Martin and Erin both look towards you with a mixture of concern and shock, seemingly aware of what's happened, but the rest of the would-be Horsemen are clueless. How do you react? What do you do?

Gain condition Excruciating Migraine.

Second Floor Corridor aka Spiderfest 2015
Erhard - Despite your best efforts, you remain bound - even your strength seems insufficient to liberate you from your sticky prison. What's worse, the spider you hexed? It's resisting your spell as best it's able. While you struggle to free yourself from the webs, the spider likewise moves to break free of your spell, all eight hateful eyes fixated solely on you. With every passing second, it seems to be moving slightly closer, slightly faster - what do you do?!

Zach - While the mammal you're entombed with struggles to free himself, you relax, dedicating your metabolism to contemplation and remembering. Images and scents come in waves, intermingling and flowing from one to the next while you relax in your bonds. A black book clasped in a feminine hand, smelling of sunflowers and death. The scent of precious metals, a jolly guest shaking the headmaster's hand with a dagger clutched behind his back. The scent of water and corpses, and a figure in black robes kneeling at its nexus. Erhard's struggling pulls you out of your trance, the fool! What do you do now?!

Gaze as unambiguous as I feel I can make it while taking everything into account.

Cana and Lee - Dual Tech! The great-dane sized spider explodes in a shower of gore, utterly obliterated by the two of you. There are only two spiders left - another about the size of the one that you just dispatched, and a larger one that seems to be mostly petrified by Erhard. The smaller one skitters towards you, a silken strand exploding out from under it towards the pair of you! What do you do?!

Rauri fucked around with this message at Aug 29, 2015 around 09:41

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1x, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Spider Town Conditions: Loser.

What by all the snakeskins was that about? Still I can worry about it later you know when a giant spider isn't trying to eat me. Speaking of which what the hell does it think it's playing at? I'm almost detached from reality as I see it slowly but perceptibly shake off Erhard's spell. Still this will not stand. I am not some prey to be pushed around by some two-bit carnivore. I am a Bainbridge a predator from a long line of predators and no eight-legged giant freak is going to beat me. I glared at the foul monstrosity staring into it's compounded eyes sure that I wouldn't blink first.

11:36] Ferrosol shut down the spider
[11:36] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[11:36] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10+2 = 12
[11:36] Ferrosol aww yeah
[11:36] Ferrosol everything's coming up Zach
taking a string on the spider and spending it to make it flinch back.

I didn't I watched it rock back on it's heels? (do spiders even have heels?) legs for a moment confused at the turn of events. "Erhard hit it again!" I hissed as he still struggled to untangle himself from the web.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 0/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Disappointment, Overshadowed, Wet Dog
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

As the spider-gore-bubbles rain down around the hall, I swiftly take into account the scene as it is now, using my long experience as a quidditch player. The smaller spider is spraying web at Lee and me, while the larger one has Zach and Erhard trapped, and is quickly breaking free of whatever jinx they'd got it with before. "Cover me Lee!" I call out to him, diving to the side to avoid the web spray, and whip my wand towards the larger spider, shouting "Reducto!"

4:11:01 AM godfish lash out at the larger spider, tagging petrified and getting +1 from previous harm dealt this scene
4:11:05 AM godfish !r 2d6+3
4:11:06 AM Krysmbot godfish, 9+3 = 12
4:11:09 AM Rauri drat
4:11:16 AM godfish kill stealing~
I'll deal great harm, and down goes another spider


Still partially petrified, the reductor curse should shatter it, or failing that at least punch a rather large whole though its side. Eww.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 2
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Spider Corridor | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse, Webbed

The web intially came off me as I tugged at it, but the few seconds of struggle with Zach and our tangle of limbs was enough time for it to start to set, "Himmeldonnerwetter, the spider silk set." I said as the spider in front of me exploded into chunks, instead I focused on other other spider and tried to move out my hand as though I was sending a spell toward it. The effect was cosmetic as a pure white bolt struck from from my fingertips toward the spider. The shock moved it back, and hurt it more than a spell should have.

My eyes were closed as the spider slammed against the wall, and I didn't react or move, as I no longer needed my physical eyes to see.


2d6+2 → [4,2,2] = (8)
Attacking last spider in a more mysterious fashion

Using smite, giving 2 harm and giving the spider a string in return.

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 5/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: History of Magic Classroom | Conditions: Busy Body, Bossy, Drained, Excruciating Migraine


My arm droops away from my chest, letting my wand roll on the ground. She must have gathered my hair after dueling practice, or perhaps cut it during Potions. But why? She shouldn't know that I know. And what's her end goal?

Before my mind can form the name of the spell, I feel my vision failing me. My mother told me such sensations were followed in most cases by migraines. However, "migraine" is putting the term lightly.

No, forget the clever bullshit.

gently caress, gently caress gently caress gently caress, son of a bitch! Oh Lord, the pain runs through the left side of my head straight down my back. I throw myself against the nearest wall right outside the class and slide down to the ground. Even what little torchlight remains seers into my eyes, and the murmurs in the room jab like nails in my skull. Most of all, I can smell my hair burning from Gilly's perspective, making my whole esophagus churn.

Erin had hurried after me when I left prior. Now she kneels at my side calmly asking for my clarity in a tone that must be music to her ears. But for me it's gunshots.

Holding Steady against the pain.

[14:20:03] <RWT> !r 2d6+1
[14:20:04] <Krysmbot> RWT, 4+1 = 5
[14:20:11] <RWT> Alright, blacking the gently caress out!

Failure or no, that's 5 experience. Gonna deliberate on a move and post in OOC.


"Val, Valerie? Ey, what's wrong? What's happening?"

"Gilly..." is the only reasonable explanation I can



She fainted. Holy poo poo, she fainted. Think, think think! "Martin!"

He comes out to see me, all airs of superiority dropping when she sees Val draped lifelessly in my arms. "Holy poo poo, what's wrong with her?"

"I don't know! Just keep 'em all busy or summat. I'm taking her to the nurse." He looks confused, as he is wont to do. For gently caress's sake, Martin. "Now!"

I can hear him shouting about spells and poo poo to the club while I get Val into a bridal carry. Jeez, I'm real sorry to have blown her off. The whole club thing's getting to her, taking care of everything and everyone when all I do is cook and craft. Wait, what'd she say? Gilly? Did she do this?

What am I saying. Course she did, the loon! Well, she can kiss her horse-arse goodbye. I finally manage to carry her to the hospital wing and tell the nurses, "She just ran out into the hall. When I got to her she was slumped against the wall holding her head. Is it... Could it be a curse?" I don't want to implicate her on the outset, but if anyone'd know, it's the people who have to fix it.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"


Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 1
Harm: 1/4 XP: 3/5 Conditions:
Location: Library

A strand of web hits the robe, tying it down against the flagstones, even as Erhardt and Cana take out a second spider. "Shite." I just hiss, but then move forward. Thing is, I hate these uniforms, so I always wear them as disorderly as I can get away with. Which means that wizard's robe is pretty lose, rushing forward, all I need to do is put my arms behind me a bit, and I slide out of the robe, heading straight for the little bugger. It's about football sized, a bit bigger. And it's on the ground. Big mistake. I rush towards it to deliver a kick that could threaten from the 18 yard line.

Lash out physically at spider: 2d6+2 5

Well gently caress, these little shites are more nimble than a moving football that's for sure.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Halls| Conditions: Braggart, Hot Headed, Drained

Ugh, it's exhausting, having to produce my notes from my bookbag and still getting regarded as the bad girl in this - it was true, we were doing something more important than this 'Jake' and his studies would understand - after all, at worst this incident could cause deaths on par with the disaster that was Voldemort. Even he was never able to truly penetrate the defenses like this, to dispel the protections, his army had to enter near the grounds and then invade on foot. Could you imagine how different a fight against a dark wizard would be, if they could appear next to you and then hit you with a killing curse? This lack of protection, this missing warding, it was likely the worst thing that could ever happen - and we could only hope that whatever caused it didn't mean to hurt everyone.

Or stop them, which is what me and Senna were trying to do, before she started hugging him and telling us about homework and really this was all supremely unimportant to me - especially her hugging someone other than me! "Senna, we need to get to work, we can help people with their studies later." I didn't mean to be harsh with her, but we were scanning the aisles and it seemed like she cared more about some stupid homework and some fools grades than she did possibly stopping a dark wizard. Senna was important to me, I wanted to protect her, but this was about more than that - this was something that would get my name forever immortalized, I would be someone who saved Hogwarts, the finest school in this hemisphere - and one full of people who clearly couldn't protect themselves.

So as I watched her glance towards the restricted section and then look away, when I followed the gaze and saw that the chain had been attached wrong, like it had been moved... I suppose I simply lost patience with it all - we weren't going to find answers here, they weren't going to leave books out talking about how to dispel ancient protections, they were going to hide them away where we weren't supposed to go. Where we wouldn't find them and worry about our safety, or get ideas in our heads about it. So I wasn't going to let myself lose this trail, I wasn't going to just follow the rules and fear getting into trouble - every hero broke the rules at some point.

I glanced around as I approached the gate - few people were in sight, the long rows of books before the restricted area were not filled with tables, so almost everyone wasn't able to see this far back. And the few that might be able to were turned away from me. I knew something came back here, and back here is where answers would lie. I wanted those answers, and I didn't care about the risk or rule breaking - I simply pulled the chain upwards, opening my way into the restricted section, "We need to really get to work. Not wander around here blindly."

I wasn't going to force her to follow me, but I entered the restricted section, even as I felt the world get thick and dusty around me.

Gazing, I'll take Drained but I want it to be lucid and detailed
KittyEmpress !r 2d6-1
21:19 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 9-1 = 8

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1x | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2x
Experience 3/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Doomed Romance, drained
Location: Library

I... I must of dozed off. Or... no, that wasn't a dream. Maybe being with Maggie rubbed off on me?

I could take or leave Gwen's interest in Senna. I mean, Senna's much nicer than Gwen, but I don't really think Gwen is a bad person. Just a bit full of herself. Who knows? Maybe being with Senna would mellow her out a little? But the second part... That's actually surprising. And I think even the people here would be worried about that! What should I do?! Tell a teacher? No... Maybe I could ask them? Even

Still... it shouldn't take me much longer, right? I should get the last bit of this essay done soon... Now, in fact. Those notes were pretty good! I close the book and sigh in relief.

That was a lot easier than I expected. Then, I go over to Senna and Gwen, saying, "Thanks for the help. I'd gotten a handle on it, but your notes helped a lot." I look over at the two of them and say, "Are you... looking into that rumor about apparition wards being down? It's really nuts right?" I sigh and say, "Everything is just so crazy here. I can't believe that they'd let something like that slip."

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Drained
Location: The library!

The restricted section, oh dear I couldn't possibly go back there it was restricted and I was a good girl! But I knew someone who could, or would, if I asked nice enough. After all, we really needed this book. "Jake would you do me a favor and get that book for me? Pretty please." I point out the yellow book and then put on the puppy dog eyes.

[Rolling to Turn On Jacob.
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 9+2 = 11 but Doomed Romance makes it a 12
]

If he wouldn't do it then I would! This was too important to make light of.

Then he starts talking and my jaw drops. What? WHAT? The protections were gone. Oh no. Oh no! Oh no!

[Rolling to Hold Steady vs bad news
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 6+0 = 6
Finally!
]

"What?! The wards are down?!" My voice was shrill. Oh poop, oh crap! PANIC!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1x | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2x
Experience 3/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Doomed Romance, drained
Location: Library

I almost ask why she needs it, but... man, those puppy dog eyes. I reach in and get it just in time for her to start freaking out.... which makes me wonder what she needs it for if it wasn't for the wards in the first place.. I plop in on the table next to me and try to calm her down, putting my hands on her shoulders and looking her in the eyes, saying, "Hey, don't worry. Everything's going to be fine! I mean, even the teachers here know how important that sort of thing is. They'll find out and then they'll get them back up." She's still freaking out. Oh man... um... I hug her tight, trying to get her to stop hyperventilating.

<Capfalcon> Turn on the girl with mixed priorities
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 3+2 = 5
<Capfalcon> Womp womp wompppp.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Aug 30, 2015 around 21:20

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008



Scene 3 (Continued)

Second Floor Corridor aka Spiderfest 2015
Erhard and Zach and Cana and Lee - While two of the spiders are obliterated and the last one's scampering around on four legs, thanks to Erhard taking off most of its back half with an odd looking spell, you're not quite done yet - the last one's seemingly in a frenzy now, skittering past Lee's assault and managing to bite him just above the knee. Its disgusting fangs sink through his robes into his equally yielding flesh, ouch. Also, as Lee's now very much aware, the spider's venomous as well. What do you all do now?

Lee - Take one harm + gain Woozy condition.

[If the spider dies, and between the four of you probably will early, feel free to discuss things / go your separate ways to different locations, as fits the fiction.]

Library - History Room
Valerie Erin - Almost as if on cue, Val cries out in great pain, despite being unconscious - it almost looks like she's writhing. It's disturbing, especially that Gilly could have done this, right? "Oh dear..." Mister de Vries murmurs, eyes going wide and expression grave as he seems to confirm his suspicions about what hex Val is suffering from. "Do you know who did this to her?" He's already putting her in bed, urgently motioning for some of the others healers to come join him. Do you answer his question, or slip out in the confusion?

Valerie takes one harm from the Cruciatus. You'll switch back to playing as Valerie with the next prompt, but for now feel free to post reactions as both Erin and Martin, both roll with Val's stats.

Library
Senna and Jacob - Senna's outburst seems to have attracted some unwanted attention. Though it took her a few seconds to cross the library, an irate looking Mrs. Spine swoops down upon the pair of you, glaring in a self-righteous way that only librarians can manage. "What are the two of you doing in this section?" She hisses shrewdly, looking from one of you to the other with the keen eyes of a teacher that's seen every trick in the book, and she's read the book a few times too. "You're both making too much noise - if you're done hugging one another, I suggest you explain yourselves."

From where she's standing, Jacob's blocking the -very much- restricted Tome he's placed on the table behind him - but she's also blocking Gwen's exit! What do the two of you do?!

Gwen - A lesser witch or wizard - hell, any other witch or wizard here, professors and headmaster included - probably couldn't navigate this restricted section as well as you. Between your photographic memory, speed reading, and exceptional knack for feeling out the flows of magic, it takes you minutes to track down a useful lead. What's more, you effortless disable the hexes and wards the professors have placed to deter unwanted students - as if they could barr you! Still, even you're a little tired when you finally find treasure. On Bans and Wards, by Protheros of Mistridge - a truely ancient tome, but one you've heard spoken of before. With this, you'll be able to figure out what's going on... Still, your elation is short lived. It seems Senna and Jacob have managed to summon the wrath of Mrs. Spine - and what's more, she's got you boxed in! Can you think of some way to sneak out, or do you have to count on those two to get her out of here? What do you do?

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!


Valerie Easton
Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Hospital Wing, 1st Floor | Conditions: Busy Body, Bossy, Drained, Excruciating Migraine




"Gillian!" The word pours out of my mouth before I can think. I may have had the choice to implicate someone else, like I've had to before, but she's going to answer for this. Inexcusable! "Gillian Sothe. Hufflepuff, Sixth Year. The one with the ratty hair." Never did like it anyway, or the head it was attached to. "Val told me so before she fainted. Gilly was a friend of ours."

Friends don't curse friends. Oh Val, what's gonna happen to you?



Ah cripes, this is bad. They're getting unruly.

While everyone else is stirring at the news, I hear Victoria ask, "Is there anything we can do for her?" About what? It's out of my hands.

"Look, the nurses'll take care of her. It's best to keep her in your thoughts." My thoughts ain't exactly with her. I think back to the note I left in the Melting Hall.

Should've gone with Val. I knew she needed me more than Gill. Just, Gill has that way about her, something Valerie's been losing since the start of this year. No bite.

The kids are starting to disperse. Yeah, the Harry squad are already thinking they can investigate or whatever, but I have a feeling this poo poo's not too far from being solved. That Kayla character's all but socked someone and now she's stormed off. God, what a disaster.

Then I see a little blonde girl trying to nip at the teacher's desk. I smack her hand and thump the desk, making the whole lot of them quiet down. "Tha's enough! You wanna go, just go. We meet again next week. Anyone what's interested in club activities come see me on your own time. Dismissed!"

Shut down the club.

(Krysmbot) RWT_m, 5+1 = 6


Victoria comes up to me after all this is cleared out of my system. "I mean it. I want to... help. There's something I want to do, and I think this is the club for that."

Ah great, this again. "Look, what is it you need? We're resourceful but we ain't a charity."

"Oh, I know. It's mostly... I'm confused, I guess. I don't have plans if you don't mind... hearing me out?"

Uh? "We can talk, yeah. Let's walk and talk, how about. What made you want to join the Horsemen anyway?" I stand from the desk as Binns seems to stir from his internal slumber and start out with her. Dunno why she chose the Horsemen of all things to get counceling, but it's not like my plans ain't fell through either.

Turn on Vicky!

(Krysmbot) RWT_m, 7+1 = 8

Rather Watch Them fucked around with this message at Sep 1, 2015 around 14:31

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 2
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Spider Corridor | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse

I calmed down and felt the binds of the spider web start to fall away from me, at least loosen. I didn't need to feel them directly, but I knew it was happening. I rolled to a crouching stance and picked up my wand. Without any effort I wave my wand toward the spider, "Levicorpus!" I shout as all remaining legs are jerked out and it is flipped over danging by the point of my wand as I move it away from Lee. "Levixpelliarmus!" I shout, and the spider climbs in the air till it almost touches the ceiling and then for a brief moment looks almost tranquil before it is forced into the ground.

The remaining spider explodes into bits of gore and legs as it collided with the ground at lethal force. Standing up, I go over to Lee. "He was bit." I say plainly, "Good team work everyone, but really we got to get Lee to hospital." I said looking him over with my eyes before turning my attention to Zach.

I hold out my hand for Zach for a moment and ask, "Really, what is it with you and spiders?" I say offering to help him up.


2d6+2 → [5,3,2] = (10)
Smiting the Last Foul Spider

I feel good about this spider smashing!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"


Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 1
Harm: 2/4 XP: 4/5 Conditions Woozy:
Location: Library

"AH! fuckin' 'ell!

Moments after the bite, Erhard takes care of the last spider, as I reach for the bite, some blood dripping down my leg. I feel a coldness slowly rising up from my leg, numbing the pain a bit. In frustration I stomp the spiderbits for good measure. "Fuckin' shitebag rear end in a top hat spiders."

Turns out, getting excited just speeds the spread of the poison, so after a few stomps I feel a wave of vertigo and stumble a bit, feeling like I've had a few pints too many. "Ugh... yeah... could use some of that healing magic, innit? You're welcome, by the way." I try to look Erhardt in the eye, but my vision keeps swaying. "Ugh... somebody... gotta tell Margot that... I'm not gonna make it for that dinner she's making me."

Erhardt is helping Zach, so I head towards Cana, moving unsteadily from both effects of the spider-bite, my cloak discarded and webbed on the ground and the rest of my uniform in its usually dissheveled state, the knot in the tie coming halfway down my chest. "Good moves, Cana, nice dodge, good finish. Think you might be striker material." I try to give her a slap on the shoulder, but being hosed as I am, it's eh... more of her upper tit I hit.

Turn on Cana: 2d6+1 7 Self, promise or string. +1 xp for hot

I withdraw my hand as if bured. "Sorry. Fucken' poison messin' with me. Didn't mean to do that swear." My tongue is feeling a bit numb, so I'm slurring a bit.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +0, Cold: -1, Volatile +1, Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Overshadowed
Location: The Library
DARKEST SELF

I let Fate guide me along, and soon enough I found myself at the entrance to the library. I had hurried, of course - since I could sense Senna was in danger, even if she didn't recognize it directly herself.

I heard her outburst over the grounds, and I pulled out my wand - just a precaution, for now, but who could say for sure, and started up the aisle after her. I didn't want to reveal myself just yet, but I did want to be prepared to jump in with whatever was necessary.

I poked my head around what must feel like the umpteenth corner and finally, saw her - and Gwen and Jacob, drat, along with the librarian Mrs. Spine blocking their exit. Still, best not reveal myself until I knew what was happening...

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 0/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Disappointment, Wet Dog
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

Lee.... didn't do a very good job of fighting the last spider, but he did cover me at least! And Erhard finally managed to stop the last one in a much grosser way than the others, sort of... splattering it... all over. Eww. I step gingerly across the area, avoiding chunks of spider and large leg remains and the like towards Lee. And then he sort of half-gropes me accidentally, and gets really embarrassed, which is hilarious. Plus, slurred speech and injury aside, he looks pretty hot. Well he always looks pretty hot, but hey. I grin, and give him a gentle punch in the shoulder in return. "Don't worry about it." My grin might be a little toothy.

"Hospital wing is a bit far, lets just get you into a classroom or something and I'll take a look at that leg. Good at healing." I grab Lee by the arm and sling it over my shoulder, wrapping mine around him to support his weight. Mmm... don't mind if I do Lee, don't mind if I do. "Not the cleanest finish, but you and I did a sweet job on those, we made quite the team~"

7:25:28 PM godfish turn on Lee (scent of blood)
7:25:46 PM godfish !r 2d6+3
7:25:46 PM Krysmbot godfish, 8+3 = 11


Starting for the way we came in, we were almost at the library, so that's the closest place I can think of with both tables and chairs to check his wound out on, and potential staff presence if his wound is worse than I think, I glance back at Erhardt and Zach. "Next time you go fighting spiders, feel free to call us before you need bailing out."

7:27:55 PM godfish Rauri, can I clear Overshadowed for being the star of that spiderkilling show now?
7:29:05 PM Rauri that's fair


Cana is offering to help Lee look after his wounds without getting a lot of attention to it (ie. hospital wing)

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Hot +1x | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2x
Experience 3/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Doomed Romance, drained
Location: Library

I jump in surprise as I say, "Oh, I was just... um... looking for my pet rat. I, um, brought him down. I study better when. But someone dropped some books nearby and it scared him. Senna here was helping me find it." I pretend to suddenly notice where we are and say, "Oh, um. I guess we weren't looking where we were going. I just... really want to find him is all."

Pantomiming surprise, I point towards the door and say in a surprised tone, "There he goes!

I turn around and put the rest of my books on top of the restricted book, then shove the rest in my bag. Then I grab Senna's hand and run out of the library saying, "Sorry about that!"

<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 10+1 = 11
--> KittyPhone (~androirc@synIRC-F4350BDD.nycmny.fios.verizon.net) has joined #swampthings
<Capfalcon> Ho ho ho, Jacob, master manipulator!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 2
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Spider Corridor | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse

"Has it occurred to you that there wasn't a choice to fight spiders in the building? I came here just like you to help this Hufflepuff, there might be more spiders in the building right now. A classroom might have one more two left. We should all get to the Hospital. Whatever is going on is centered around Zach here." I looked at Zach and then back at Lee and Cana, "And I'm not going to thank you for doing something that should come naturally, if you want a gold star or a trophy you can get it after we make sure the school isn't filled with them this time. For the other students that we can't run too." Looking down at Zach.

"This is the second time we have seen spiders attack you, Zach. I haven't see any others except for down in the dungeons and there aren't anymore there this time." I rubbed my chin, "But how did they get in..." I looked over at Cana and Lee and saw that they were geared more toward rutting then anything else at this moment and gave a half sneer.

"You can go if you want too, you made your flashy entrance, I suppose it is time for the real work to get done. Maybe a Bezoar would get it done quietly, granted not the stuff that I am looking for sadly." I looked them over and turn away from them.

2d6+1 → [6,4,1] = (11)
Shut Down Cana

Giving condition Glory Hound

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1x, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Spider Town Conditions: Loser.

"I don't have a clue why the spiders were interested in me." I said honestly. Although I was starting to be suspicious I mean one encounter with Spiders was a coincidence two encounters was enemy action. I can't believe it I'm so happy. I have an enemy! a nemesis! A rival! one I've managed to piss off enough to try and kill me already. I just wish I knew who. Kind of hard to sink your fangs into a foe when you don't know who it is. Could be awkward if I just go around poisoning people at random. This is going to be so much fun! Still back to the business at hand.

I took Erhard's hand and stared into his eyes with gratitude. Then with a graceful motion I shook his hand and said "Thank you for saving my life." Never does any harm to be polite to a potential ally. Although I'm not sure if this is the right way to thank him. The last time I saw someone rescued she delivered a passionate kiss to her rescuer but I'm about 70% sure that sort of thing doesn't apply between mammalian members of the same sex.

[08:07] Ferrosol turn on erhard
[08:07] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[08:07] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+1 = 9
symbolic string/promise/self

But there's no need for him to insult Cana like that. Besides it gives me the perfect opportunity to begin stage one of my plan to deal with her to Dad's satisfaction.

[08:10] Ferrosol shutdown erhard
[08:10] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[08:10] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+2 = 6
tagging smart arse to bring that up to 7 and giving Erhard the condition Ungrateful he can give me back whatever

"Hey there's no need to talk like that to her. She was only trying to help and I for one am very grateful." I lectured before going to take Lee's other arm to help Cana carry him to the infirmary or the library or wherever they were going.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"


Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 1
Harm: 2/4 XP: 4/5 Conditions Woozy:
Location: Hallway

Erhardt's words get a bitter little chuckle. "Should be natural? If helpin' people in danger of monsters was a thing that came natural to wizards and witches, Voldemordt would have gotten his rear end handed to him by a big mob of wizards. Be like... let's get the muggles. And all wizards'd be like 'screw you baldie. That's horrible' and then, BAM, Voldemordt getting his rear end kicked. 100 points from House Baldie. Gotta kick people's rear end when they do the wrong poo poo, and give 'em a fuckin' pat on the back when they do right, innit? Yeah. Like a striker's job is to make goals, but you still cheer 'em when they do it."

I let myself get dragged on a bit, my mind as hard to get in proper focus as my vision, and my tongue is still half numb in my mouth. I turn my eyes to Zach for a moment. "See, Zach here gets it. You know, I saw you dealing with Eustace this morning. loving balls on you, mate. I've gone my share o' rounds 'gainst him. Was gonna help the gal but then you came to help her and Erhardt came in to help you. Maybe later, I'll teach you some tricks eh? Show you the places to hit 'em where it hurts. Maybe join the football team. Get some muslce. You're not very tall, but... some o' the best players are wiry lil' shits. Is having balls what's important, big brass dangly balls. That makes a winner."

Turn on Zach (tag loser): 2d6+2 9

I look at Cana. "Cana's got balls too... not literally... Anyway, she's coming too. To football. It's gonna be great." Her words are nice and for a while I enjoy leaning into her arms, feeling the warmth of her arms around me and mine around her and she smells... like a mix of some perfume and sweat. I'm thinking I shouldn't be leaning on her like that but my mind's pretty much meandering wherever the hell it wants. I'm barely paying attention to where we are going.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 1/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Disappointment, Wet Dog, Glory Hound
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

Well everyone else has called him on it already, but I don't feel like not calling him on it because he's being such a pretentious gently caress about it, so I make a big show of rolling my eyes, "Yeah Erhadt, my point was that you should call for help, in general, when you're in over your head like you were just now, not that you were going hunting for spiders. And you know, most people find that thanking someone for helping them comes 'naturally'." Since one of my arms is full with Lee, I have to do the scare quotes with one hand, but I think it got the message across. Or not.

4:01:21 PM godfish shut down think Erhardt
4:01:27 PM godfish !r 2d6
4:01:28 PM Krysmbot godfish, 5 = 5
4:01:31 PM godfish oh my god :x
exp for cold


Zach coming to give me a hand with Lee is good, but when he does I can't help but noticing he's pretty badly injured too... If my read on Lee is right, and I think it is, he doesn't want to go to the hospital wing because of pride, but I don't know if I can justify not bringing Lee AND Zach. "Hey Zach, not that I don't appreciate the hand, but you're pretty beat up as well, maybe you should go along with Erhardt."

GodFish fucked around with this message at Sep 6, 2015 around 05:53

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 2
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Spider Corridor | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse, Ungrateful

"I need no thanks, I would do again if I had too." I said without thinking my eyes flickering from their normal blue color to a neon purple as I glance over to Lee and Cana. "Zach convinced me to say thank you for your assistance, so I will. Thank you for your help. Though I was the one who came running for Zach, and assistance is the last thing I wanted. I didn't want anyone to get hurt and now look at this mess it became." I shook my head as I looked over Lee's leg. "Either way, what is done is done. These spiders aren't most important danger happening in Hogwarts this evening." Moving my robe before me, I hold out my hand to Lee.

"Come, I have some poison supplies. You see there is someone that is going to strike soon, two students are the key to it. They will be struck by something that only a tear from a phoenix can cure it, I suppose two will be needed. Which is what I was going to the library to research where I could get some when I heard the spiders go down the corridor." I grit my teeth at the thought, "The spiders are getting in and they have to have help and purpose, Zach is key to that purpose, I see that now." I looked at Cana and my eyes flickered from the purplish hue to a more greenish one.

"I am going to do everything in my power and might even give my life in an attempt to save those two." I looked back and forth and determined that no one would believe me. "I was first tipped when two students got a foe glass from an unmarked and unwanted package. Both foe glasses would only work with them. That is when they both saw a Basilisk uncoil and strike the mirror. Now, we all know the basilisk in Hogwarts is dead, so instead of the actual serpent, we are dealing with a poisoning. That was when I first found the spiders in the potions hallway, trying to get in a room, that was ransacked. This points to me that someone is trying to make a move, and even more so someone who has access and knowledge about Hogwarts." I said quickly and quietly.

"So, I've been stashing antidote supplies in various and confirmed via Arthimancy that indeed I need tears. Unless either of you know another term that could use tears, that is the best guess I have. The only one who could orchestrate this and allow entry into Hogwarts would have to be a teacher, or someone more power than any of us. " I said quickly looking back and forth, "I don't care if you like me or thank me, I want to stop what is ever going on here, and I suppose I might add Lee; I want to be able to live in a world where that is the case, though changing the heart of humanity... is a problem." I say a bit breathless.

Giving Zach what Erhard thinks he wants, an explanation and a thank you for the other people for their assistance.
Not sure if this is a forgiveness+ since technically trying to fulfill his mission and putting forth his determination to do so, while also bowing to the other peoples points he should ask for assistance

Giving Zach condition: Naive

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Sep 3, 2015 around 00:40

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: The Grove| Conditions: Braggart, Hot Headed, Drained


I certainly didn't frequent the restricted section of the library, but to say I'd never dipped my feet into it and gotten my toes wet would be a lie. There were plenty of books in there that were restricted not because of any actual danger they posed, but because they were considered too advanced, too difficult to comprehend, too important for students to handle. It’s not like the restricted section was only discussions on dark arts and horrible things like that – elsewise it would not be kept, nor would even teachers be allowed into it. So yes, I came sometimes, and I had some inkling on where a book of wards – not at all my specialty and thus not something I ever bothered to read, for warding was boring compared to the flashy art of battle magic – might reside.

And I was, of course, correct about it, as I am about everything I do at any time. I happily pick up the rather dusty and unused tome. It took more out of me than I thought, searching this section just by memory, I’d have to be more clear next time I come through, look more closely so it’s easier to find what I wanted. But that would be next time, I had to get back to Senna – and even Jacob I suppose – before they managed to forget what was going on, and got lost in doing homework or some such. I needed to get back and sleep, but this should be handled tonight, not even in the morning. I’d have to work through my exhaustion, and Senna would certainly be willing to help, so long as she didn’t get distracted helping with trivial assignments.

Or perhaps I should have just expected worse, with how the second I rounded the corner I was met with the sight of Mrs. Spine, who I scarcely managed to get out of view of before she spotted me – luckily turned away for a moment by Jacob saying something about his rat. Of course he had a rat, all the worst students had rats or toads, it was like tacit admittance that you were a failure if you chose one. At least owls and cats were respectable creatures, unlike those disgusting vermin. Would that I could, I would allow Enid to consume each and every one of them as befits her station at the top. But no, that would be against the rules, and I had no interest in breaking any. Not if it’d get me caught.

Run away
(KittenPhone) !r 2d6+1
(Krysmbot) KittenPhone, 9+1 = 10


Which is why I didn’t have time to explain to Senna that I was even leaving, or that I was going to take advantage of the very thing I was looking into. I couldn’t be too loud – there wasn’t anyone in the restricted section even if there was earlier but I didn’t want Mrs. Spine to hear me as I raised my wand with one hand, book held tight with the other one as I whispered my spell, ”Apparate. I knew exactly where I wanted to go, the one place I was certain I’d be able to just read, this late at night. I could feel the world slip around me like a giant straw sucking me towards my destination – the Grove near the herbology and care of magical creatures classes, where oversized fruits, vegetables, and even animals were raised, mostly under care of students – though originally grown by a professor who had long since left his post, the previous CoMC teacher I believe. It, predictably, was not well traveled at night – it was usually pitch black out, and none of it needed tending at night. Making it a perfect place to sit and read, without having my adoring fans or oh so silly so called ‘rivals’ stumble upon me.

Sorry about the wait, had to phone post this one

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at Sep 3, 2015 around 14:51

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.



Hot: +2, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: Awkward, Mixed Priorities, Know-It-All, Drained
Location: The library --> The halls.

I'm in no mental place to come up with an explanation. I'm still yammering and sputtering and trying to get myself back under control. Jacob tries to help, he's a good guy, but all I can think about is how much trouble everyone is in and how the protections are fading away and I'm scared.

Luckily I have Jacob and he got the book for me. He also lies for me, telling a whopper about his lost rat and then pulling me along with him. The scampering on tired feet and the fact that we had the book that I needed to find our answers.

[Rolling to Hold Steady
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 9 = 9
There we go. Keeping calm.
]

As we're leaving i hear the crackle of magic. Good, Gwen got away. I take a long steadying breath. Freaking out was not going to make this better, action was. "Jake where are we going?!" I ask as I'm drawn along. "We need some place safe where we can read this!" Perhaps it was time to take the lead and guide us to my Sanctuary. But the thing could watch me there. I was more curious of wherr Jacob might take us.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1x, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Dead Spider Town Conditions: Loser, Naive

Lee was actually rather impressive in that little fight especially for a muggleborn and I could certainly learn a lot from him. "This foot in the ball sounds interesting I might come along if I get the chance." I said. I'm not sure how much of that he understood with the venom running through but I really needed to learn how to fight in this pathetic meatsack of a body and if he could help me with it well I'd be quite grateful.

promising Lee that Zach will come to football practice.

"Me?" I said to Cana. I suppose the accumulated pains and what have you I'd picked up were a problem. But I'd live it'd take more than that to knock me down. "Don't worry about me I'm tougher than I look. I can hang on a bit longer. We need to see to Lee first. Venom can be nasty." I know mine was certainly and from a spider that size it could probably worse. "I know a fair bit about Poisons I might be able to help" I said flashing a quick smile at Cana

[19:24] Ferrosol turn on cana
[19:24] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[19:24] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 11+1 = 12
[19:24] Ferrosol who are you
[19:24] Ferrosol and what did you do with the real zach
taking a string on Cana

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 1/5 | Harm 1/4 | Conditions: Disappointment, Wet Dog, Glory Hound
Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

Huh, guess Zach has more spunk him in than I thought. Would have figured wounds like that would have him out like a light or in a puddle on the floor whimpering. I give him a roguish grin and nod. "Clearly no stopping you, so, come along then." I look over at Erhardt once he finishes his story, not entirely sure what to make of it. "Well, not that I'm complaining about you being prepared mind you, but uh... couldn't there just be a new basilisk in the school? I mean, it's not like they search us anymore, and the last one died what 30 years ago? Could have had an egg somewhere too. Uh. That aside, if you could go run and get that Bezoar you mentioned, that'd be great. We can head along after you, but our sixlegged man isn't going to be moving too fast."

GodFish fucked around with this message at Sep 6, 2015 around 05:53

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"


Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 1
Harm: 2/4 XP: 4/5 Conditions Woozy:
Location: Hallway

I try to follow Erhardt's words, but my mind keeps trying to get distracted or go to sleep, but there's enough to make sure I'm not laughing at all any more. "So... two students in danger, baslicks gonna bite them. need phoenix tears to prevent 'em from cacking it. Got it. gently caress, first Dementors, now spiders and baslicks. Better get me up 'n running quick. " I try to follow the rest of his story, but it's got way too many long words for me to get the whole story. I'm missing a part though. "Who's the ones getting that foeglass? Cuz if your Arithmacy shite says they're getting attacked, kickin' the rear end of the ones trying to poison them sounds better."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008



Scene 3 (Continued)

Hallway just outside the Library
There's an awful lot of foot traffic outside the library tonight, and it's not even exams time! First of all, the Horseman meeting is letting out - Talis, Malcom, and a sulky Marcus all seem to be loitering in the halls outside, talking about who knows what. Next you've got Senna and Jacob racing out of the library. Add in the spider-fighting crew arriving on scene, all huffing and puffing and one of them's envenomed. The Mag's show up exactly when they meant to, and finally Gwen is fashionably late with an off-course Apparation, which should be impossible. The Hufflepuff trio of Ron, Harry, and Hermione certainly think so - all three begin squeeing almost instantly upon her arrival. Is this corridor big enough for all of you?

Cana - Leading everyone towards the library, in order to check out Lee's wound Lee, you're unfortunately also right in Jacob's path as he and Senna come out of the library. Down you go, with Jacob on top of you - and it's hardly dignified where his hands end up. He was probably just trying to catch himself, but he's got both hands on your chest and it's sort of visible to everyone. What do you do? How do you react to Gwen apparating again?

Jacob takes a string on you.

Jacob - "Go chase it then, quietly!" Spine hisses, seemingly intrigued by the restricted section more than she is you and Senna. Racing out after your "rat" proves a poor decision, unless you're into inadvertently tackling / groping Cana, in which case it's absolutely perfect - because that's what just happened. It's hardly gone without notice, either - you can hear a few laughs around you, but on the other hand, lucky you right? Do you think to get up off Cana immediately? What do you say to her?

Take a string on Cana.

Lee - While Cana was helping you towards the library, your vision still a bit off and balance still a pressing concern, some dumb Ravenclaw (based on the blue blur) seems to have collided with your comfortable Housemate, sending both of them sprawling to the floor. Since you were in her arms, this presents a question - did you fall alongside her, onto someone different, or manage to retain your balance? Regardless, you hear a snicker that could only be Marcus. What do you do?

Senna - Ahhh! The two of you had just gotten free from Mrs. Spine's hawk like gaze, and Jacob's accidentally crashed into Cana! Who do you check on first? What do you do when Gwen appears before you, looking somewhat confused?

Erhard - You're far enough back that you're able to see Jacob running out of the library entrance right before the collision occurs. Who do you notice laughing cruelly at them? Do you do anything - or, since they were a perspective Horseman, do you let it slide? Speaking of, where's Valerie? What do you do?

Zach - There's a crowd, and laughter... but it's not at you? What's going on? Regardless, you're on hand when Cana and Jacob collide. Do you think to help either of them up? What do you notice during the confusion that the warm-bloods fail to? Who present has your Father spoken to you of, and what did he want you to do to them on his behalf? Are you considering it?

Maggie - Managing to not reveal yourself until the perfect moment, you appear just as disaster strikes - an unfortunate and unlikely collision between Cana and Jacob, sending her to the ground beneath him. What do you make of him feeling her up? Can you allow that - are you not fated to be with him? Can you let that bitch try and lure him away from his destiny? What do you do?

Gwen - You apparate perfectly, flawlessly - it's practically an art when you cast it - and then things go wrong. Not due to you, obviously, but the wards and bans breaking down is neither complete or deliberate - accidents happen. A lesser witch would've been splinched, but you manage to picture a closer location, reacting with incredible clarity and appearing just outside the library, complete with dramatic pose. And what an audience, half your Defense Against the Dark Arts class is here, including Cana and Senna. Who do you most care about impressing? Who's there that's already (and sensibly) impressed by your appearance? What do you do?

Hospital Wing, 1st Floor
Erin Valerie - Urgh, your head's killing you. Through tunneled vision, you see De Vries and several other healers stepping back, satisfied with your newfound consciousness. Erin's off to the side looking a combination of sickened and scared, but that's hardly helping you out now. They've failed you, and Gillian's betrayed you. No, this can't be allowed to stand. If she's expelled before you get to her, get even with her, she'll always have that over you. And you can't allow that, can you? She's in the Hufflepuff dorms, it could be you versus her so easily, she could be made to suffer.

Remove Excruciating Migraine due to healing... but also enter Darkest Self

Martin - "Er, I wanted to be, uh, more assertive, and you all seemed so sure of yourselves, so..." Leaning in closer, she quietly adds with an askance glance, "and, erm, Erhard seems interested in you all, so..." She continues for another question or two, then flees with a speed and awkwardness that only the socially anxious finally allowed an escape to a difficult conversation can muster. (Gave something she thought he wanted, a true and complete answer to his inquiry.)

Resume playing Valerie, feel free to change locations - the healers will put up a fuss, but I doubt Val's in the mood to let that stop her.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Sep 5, 2015 around 09:10

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies



Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: The Grove Library Hall| Conditions: Braggart, Hot Headed, Drained

This... this wasn't where I meant to end up at all - this was nowhere near where I had aimed to end up, in fact I had barely moved at all, and had unfortunately ended my Apparation within sight of a large amount of people I believe were a mix of classmates and former classmates - or at least, some of them were vaguely recognizable to me. Which was better than what most people earned, to be quite honest. My mind raced as I figured ways I could lie, ways I could make up an excuse for literally falling out of nowhere - an invisibility cloak that'd just run out of power, perhaps. Or even just a simple invisibility spell that I'd cast on myself - those were pretty difficult admittedly, but I might be able to convince them, what with my talents. No, I'd never actually done one before, but that was more because I had no reason to ever be invisible - I did, after all, wish to stand out.

And then I just gave up, as I watched while everyone just gawked at my sudden appearance, at how busy the hall had become in just a few seconds, simply moving towards the nearest wall to Senna and frowning, holding the book close to me, obviously not intending to let anyone guess it wasn't just any old book anyone could have. I needed to think, and the Hufflepuffs freaking out over my being around, while cute, was getting on my nerves - Senna really should have been picked by a better house, her fellows were all just so... very lackluster. I didn't mess up the spell at all, I should have made it to the grove without a single bit of delay, the barrier should have been gone. But what if it wasn't - not a total barrier removal, but just a few holes, poking at the tent to let the rain water seep in, not ripping the tent apart.

That was it - the wardings weren't gone, that's why no one noticed before, the magic was still there, it just was ripped a bit, altered, made to not fully function. I stared at the crowd, one by one, " There is no point in hiding it from you as you've seen it in action, and deceit is hardly useful right now - but yes, the warding that keeps Apparation from working inside of Hogwarts is damaged. Do not attempt what I just did, and do not panic. There is something wrong with the wards, and a single mistake when trying that could make you lose an arm or leg, or end up in the Willow or Dark Forest. The headmaster has been alerted to the situation and is gone, likely to research it - as I am as well." I added on that last bit with a bit more faith in my voice than in the headmaster handling it.

"Do not spread the rumor around, do not panic. There are too many students here, and we can't know who did it - it could even be a professor, it's not as if it would be the first time one of them did something not upstanding." I liked giving orders, it was fun.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Have you been naughty or nationalised?


Hot: +1x, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Library Pile Up Conditions: Loser, Naive

Wow I felt that. Still I suppose I should be grateful it's not me making an rear end of myself for once.I leant down to help Cana to her feet where she'd got tangled with Jacob was it? "Are you feeling allright that was quite a nasty collision." I actually kind of liked Cana it was a shame I had to set her up for a fall. And not a physical fall like this one. Oh well it's for the greater good and family has to come first otherwise where would we be right?

[00:27] Ferrosol lying to Cana
[00:27] Ferrosol hold steady
[00:27] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[00:27] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+2 = 11
removing naive

"Looks like no permanent damage at least. I'd hate to see you get hurt" I said lying through my teeth. Although given that Jacob had taken advantage of the confusion to get a feel of her chest that might be about to change. I looked away only to see Mrs Spine slip a book from the restricted section into the bag she was carrying. Interesting. I know Mrs Spine is just the librarian and presumably could do what she liked but why would she so furtively take a book. I wonder what it was. that she took. My father had warned me about her said not to judge a book by it's cover (get it it's a library joke.) Said that she wasn't always the meek and mild librarian she is now. He didn't go into details but I got the impression she'd been in some way connected with Voldermort. It must only have been a minor connection otherwise she'd be in Azkaban by now. He'd wanted me to dig further to find out if she was up to anything lately or if she'd retired from those sorts of games but what with everything else on my plate I hadn't had a chance to pursue it. This was the first thing I'd happened to notice that I'd call unusual.

I was just trying to figure out what book she might have taken when Gwen apperated almost right on top of me. Isn't Hogwarts supposed to be warded against that sort of thing. I stumbled out of the way grabbing her arm for support. "Sorry" I said smiling sheepishly at her.

[00:42] Ferrosol turn on gwen
[00:42] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[00:42] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+1 = 7
symbolic string/promise/give self

When she launched into her explanation though. I was shocked. How could the barriers be down? or partially down or whatever. that meant we were wide open. That probably explained the spiders getting in earlier. I wonder who could have taken it down. A professor did seem the most likely culprit and I knew a few had been acting odd but who could do something like that?

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at Sep 5, 2015 around 23:54

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry


Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 3
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Library Corridor | Conditions: Thick, Smart Arse, Ungrateful

Walking down the hallway, I took a turn off from the others without being too noticed. Cana focused more on getting into the Library and Lee than myself, and once again that suited my purpose fine. I stopped a small painting of a Tiger and without indicating anything to anyone, I pet the Tiger's head. It purred as all natural animals do to my touch and turned its head, opening its mouth was a single stone and a few vials filled with strong antidote. If there was a Basilisk like Cana thought then I would do something different. I figured that a fighter that didn't need to have eyes to see would be very useful.

Holding the stone in my hand, I hand it to Lee and look at him as Zach supports him when Cana goes down and then Gwen apparates in front of everyone, easy magic for sure, and it all makes sense. The wars are what were keeping the spiders out, and it had to make logical sense, the teachers were the ones that maintained the wards. Really, it would have to be someone with direct access to the wards that was causing anything, and Gwen appeared perfectly to take the blame for finding it. I was sure that there would be an attempt to kill her most indefinitely.

There was Markus laughing cruelly, and my fist tightened around the stone a bit more but did nothing, not now.

Using the confusion and propping up Lee with one hand easily, "Swallow this." I said pointing to the stone, "I like working in the outside of authority. Let the foolish be flashy, the smart be correct. This proves what I was saying a teacher is at the root of all of this." I said as I put the stone in Lee's hand, and smiled thinly.

Markus day would come, but Valerie had lost control, and that was scary. In the depths of my heart, I felt something tug, as well as my delayed meeting with Victoria and the lack of her appearance, no. I must harden the flesh from these feelings, I decided. Instead, I thought that I would have to find Valerie, if she can't pray, or think then something must have truly moved against her.

Had the Horsemen already fallen?

2d6+1 → [6,1,1] = (8)
Hold Steady On Appearance/Markus

Keeping Kewl

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Sep 6, 2015 around 00:53

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"


Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1 Integrity: 1
Harm: 2/4 XP: 4/5 Conditions Woozy:
Location: Library Pile Up

That's a whole lot of shite happening at the same time, right? Jacob crashes into Cana, leaving me kind of wobbling, half leaning on Zach, till Erhard grabbed a hold of me. In the meantime, Gwendyd launched in some explanation. Not gonna lie, didn't even get half of that one. Wards are hosed. Headmaster knows about it. Got it.

I don't see what's going on on the ground. Cana's a tough girl, she can get up, but Markus' laughter does get noticed. Am I bothered? Not a fuckin' bit, mate. If this is all he's doin' from now, standing around and getting his jollies watching shite that happens to people wihtout him involved in it, that's mission loving accomplished, innit? Still, can't do wrong to give a reminder. So I give him a bit of a grin. More of a sneer, really. "Oi, Markie. I ain't feelin' great. Might still have some slugs I need to decorate your robes with."

Shut Down Markus: 2d6-1 3

I then follow Elrich, who gives me something and tells me to swallow it. He seems like a good enough sort in general, even if he's a bit of a prat about not saying thanks, so I just swallow whatever it is he just gave me, leaning up against the wall and focusing on him listening. "Hey, when it's time to take a fucker to task for the poo poo he does, better to do it flashy, so other shites know what's waiting for them if they try anything. I find out who fucks with the wards, that shitter is getting dragged out in public." Slowly starting to feel better. Like a faster working coffee. "Could be at teacher. Wouldn't be the first one. Anyway, losing focus here. I don't know jack poo poo about these wards, so we'll let others worry about that. These two people you mathemagicked that they are gonna get poisoned. Who are they? Figure it's best to have them close at hand. If we can prevent them getting their poo poo poisoned, so much the better. if we can't, we'll have them close by to heal 'em. Yeah, yeah, I know, predictions and all, but never was that big on fate and all that shite."

Shogeton fucked around with this message at Sep 6, 2015 around 00:51

  • Locked thread
«14 »