Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: +1, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 0/5, Conditions:

Why is there so much to do and so little time to do it. I mean you think I'd be used to it by now but the studying really seems to be a lot harder this year. I just about managed to finish my homework although I was up past midnight working on it. Still that's not the worst part about this year at Hogwarts,. No that's reserved for the weather, it's freezing. There's damp climbing the walls and frost in the air and it's only November who the hell knows what it'll be like by the middle of winter. It's bad enough that other people are complaining about it. Imagine how I feel cold-blooded snakes aren't made for this weather. I should be hibernating in front of a big fire right now. Still enough layers of clothing and a couple of heating charms keep me going during class. But the nights have been a freezing hell. To make matters worse all everyone's talking about is this stupid Tri-Wizard tournament, like I care we only won the original one because someone was smart enough to pick Potter we won't be winning this years unless we pick someone really good. I think Gwen wants it but it's hard for me to tell whether she's serious or not. Truth be told it's looking like half the school are going to be lining up to put their name in and it'll probably be one of the 7th years who gets the nod I hope it's one of the hufflepuffs.

To make matters worse I've had another letter from Dad. It was filled with all the usual language about me being a disappointment, but I'm used to that by now. It was the rest of the letter that was a shock. It was asking what the delay was with me making how did Dad put it. "An acceptable dynastic alliance" He doesn't mean what I think he means. I'm too young to get married. Still why else would he send me a love potion with the instructions "use this if you still need help" if that wasn't the sort of direction he was pointing me in. Not that I want to use something like that. Maybe I could find a drain or something to pour it down and hope dad never finds out. I could make up a lie about being involved with someone but Dad must have someone spying on me here because he always seems to know what I'm up to. Still if I don't come up with something quick to keep him happy he's threatened to take away my Hogsmeade privileges I'd be even more isolated if that happened.

Meanwhile Gryffindor and Slytherin are having their usual pointless macho posturing over who''s going to win the Quidditch match. I just wish they'd get it over with so we could get on with the rest of the term without more of this crap. I mean who cares about fourteen idiots chasing each other round on broomsticks. I don't understand this mammalian obsession with unnecessary displays of bravado. Speaking of unnecessary bravado it looks as if Eustace is engaging in what I believe my peers refer to as "hitting on" Harriet who is looking increasingly uncomfortable with the act. Despite some initial confusion on my part it seems "hitting on" doesn't involve physical assault but a series of pleasant conversations with the aim of procreation for pleasure at their end.

Normally Harriet would put him down with a clever remark or joke. I'm not good at jokes. I tried to tell one once about a twelve inch violin player that I overheard from another student but for some reason no one laughed. Still today she seems hardly in the mood for his antics and is obviously feeling some distress, Perhaps I can assist in some small way.

"The lady isn't interested in your antics. Leave her alone." I asked Eustace politely while staring into his eyes. For some reason it makes people uncomfortable when I stare like that. They always seem to blink first. Still if it works it works i'm not about to discount it's value.

[20:12] Ferrosol shut down Eustace
[20:13] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[20:13] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7
[20:13] Ferrosol just
giving him the condition Pest he can give me whatever

quote:

Name: Zachary Bainbridge
Skin: Serpentine
Look: Sleek, Apprehensive eyes
True Form: a tail, undulating limbs without joints
Origin: A family of old Wealth
Stats:
Hot: 1
Cold: 2
Volatile: -1
Dark: -1

Harm:

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Experience Points:

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Sex Move:

When you have sex with someone,
they become a part of the Failing
Dynasty (and subject to the move’s
mechanics).

Darkest Self:

You aren’t ever going to be the person
that your family wants you to be.
You can’t live with their shame and
insanity any longer. You need to
escape your current identity, go into
hiding, or run the gently caress away. You need
to threaten or hobble anyone who
would try to keep you in these familial
chains. You escape your Darkest Self
when you rejoin your family, or you
shed your past life and integrate
yourself into a new family.

Moves:

Failing Dynasty

In the age of serpents, your family was
powerful and prolific. Now, they live in a
shadow of their former glory. They want
to regain: their political clout

Whenever you are convinced to do
the bidding of a family member, carry
1 forward to doing it and that family
member gains a String on you. Whenever
you help your family regain some of their
former glory, mark experience.

Patience is a Virtue

When you bite your tongue and don’t
respond to adversity, roll with cold. On
a 10 up, choose one: gain a String on
them; they gain the Condition snake
food. On a 7-9, they gain the Condition
snake food.

A Little Bird Told Me

When you blab vicious lies about
someone behind their back, roll
with cold. On a 10 up, give them a
Condition. • On a 7-9, give them a
Condition, but some people don't
believe you, so gain the Condition liar.

Snake Plots

Dad Assigned
  • Silence Amelia Craggy
  • Make Cana publically embarrass herself
  • Find out what Mrs Spine is up to
  • Humiliate Lee

Homegrown
  • Get a date with Harriet
  • See that Eustace gets what's coming to him
  • Attend Lee's Foot in the Ball practice
  • Learn how not to be a total Klutz in a fight

Backstory:

You’ve been watching someone, trying
to learn from them what it means to
be human. Gain two Strings on them.

Your family seeks to control your
every move. The head of your family
gains two Strings on you.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 0/4, XP: 0/5, Conditions: Loser

Before I can even utter a word it looks like everyone's got a grudge against Eustace today and is what's that charming mud err muggle expression Lee uses? "giving him some aggression" . Not that I'm complaining about that mind you but I resent been called a loser. I'm sick of people calling me that just because I'm a Hufflepuff. On an ordinary day I'd just bite my tongue and let it go but I noticed that Harriet actually paying attention to me for a change. This could be my big chance to impress her. But how.. She clearly didn't like Eustace. Not that anyone else appears to either judging by their reaction. So maybe I should join in.
I could see him reaching for his wand. I let my hand slip casually towards my own. I mean I've never been much of duellist but I know it's not a great idea to let the enemy get the first spell off so I plan to be ready to get my revenge in first so to speak. Hopefully it won't come to that though. "You of course would be the expert on being a loser. given your antics with the female half the class If you don't want to lose again I suggest you apologise to the lady now"

[20:34] Ferrosol Shutting down Eustace tagging horndog
[20:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6+3
[20:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10+3 = 13
gaining a string on him

a hint of menace creeps into my voice and I have to admit it took a sizeable amount of self control not to bare my fangs at him and hiss. Such behaviour would be rather counter-productive.

One of Valeries friends drops a leaflet on my desk but I don't bother to read it right now. I have other things to do. I force a normal tone into my voice as best I can and turn to Harriet. "Sorry about that it's just i'm as sick of him as everyone else." I go on rather hesitantly "How about I buy you a butter beer at hogsmeade to make up for it?" I say smiling at her.

[20:42] Ferrosol turn on harriet
[20:42] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[20:42] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+1 = 9

I mean she'll probably say no right. A girl like that could have her pick of anyone and I'm no one special.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Conditions: Loser

Of course she not going to---Wait she said yes! Woohoo! take that Eustace! "Um yeah that'd be great" I said excitedly trying and failing to suppress the grin that I was sure was spreading across my face. Truth be told it was probably only the arrival of Professor Legate that stopped me from putting my tail in my mouth and saying something stupid. Defence against the Dark Arts has never really been my favourite subject. I mean why bother? Voldemort's long dead and his handful of surviving cronies are either rotting in Azkaban or keeping their head down and staying out of trouble. So it's not as if a cabal of dark wizards are lurking waiting to strike.

Still by the time I've handed in my parchment in beneath the somewhat disdainful gaze of the Professor and turn around Harriet is already paired up with someone else. Is that Rupinder? I didn't even know the two of them knew each other but they're both stood there looking at me and Rupinder is giggling at some joke Harriet has said. They're laughing at me aren't they. I thought about saying something but that would just make me look a little bit desperate wouldn't it? Best not to push my luck.

Still it looks like I'm not gonna have the slightest choice in who i'm duelling. Gillian marches over and asks if I want to duel. I suppose I don't have much choice. But why me? She's part of Valeries little duelling club isn't she. She's probably going to wipe the floor with me wouldn't she prefer more of a challenge

asking why is Gillian interested in me?

[11:32] Ferrosol gaze
[11:32] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[11:32] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4-1 = 3

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 1/4, XP: 2/5, Conditions: Loser

Gillian just looks incredibly bored with me for some reason. Since she was the one who pushed her way in you'd think she'd be interested in doing something. Instead all I get is a lacklustre Sardine Hex. Then next thing I know I'm flat on my face. Had she suckered me? but no it wasn't her. It was Eustace. No doubt he'd claim it was an accident and maybe you could find a particularly credulous hatchling who'd believe him. But not me. Still I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of seeing him get to me. He'd never leave me alone if he thought he goad me that easily. No i'd get my revenge---

[20:36] Ferrosol patience is a virtue vs eustace
[20:36] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[20:36] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+2 = 6
spending my string on him to kick that up to 7 and giving him the condition snake food

but it didn't have to here and now. I can be patient. But when he least expects I'll strike. Like a snake in the grass you might say. Hmph I should really write that one down and save it for later.... no focus

Harriets looking at me funny again.I don't have any idea why though. Even after all these years the mammals still confuse me. And the girls are an extra double helping of confusing on top of that. I picked myself up and dusted myself off and turned my back on Eustace. I turned towards Gillian and gritted my teeth. "Want to try that again hopefully without interruptions this time?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 1/4, XP: 2/5, Conditions: Loser

Today's been really weird, I mean first Harriet and Eustace and now Gillian. Is it human mating season or something? I thought it didn't work like that but based on the evidence around me it's the only logical explanation so I must be wrong. Not that I'm complaining exactly the attention is kind of nice. It's just--

Holy poo poo. Did you see the way Gwen sent Cana flying? I hope this isn't some other mating ritual because that looked like it really hurt. I like not having broken bones thank you very much. Maybe this duelling club thing wouldn't be a bad idea. Besides it'll give me more chances to watch Valerie. No not like that, I'm just impressed at how easily she makes friends. Maybe I can figure out how she does it and copy it if I study her enough. Maybe seeing her in an environment where she's the one in charge will give me a bit more insight into how she does it.

Still while everyone was distracted by the fight I just happened to spot something awfully familiar out of the corner of my eye and my blood ran cold(er), One of the vials on Professor Legate's desk was the same one i'd left under the tree filled with unicorn blood. Where had he got if from? I mean she was supposed to have a been an auror or something like that, Maybe she was investigating where it came from oh drat, did that mean she was onto me. I mean it couldn't have been for her could it? what would she want with unicorn blood. Oh poo poo and now the professor's looking this way, Hold your nerve don't react.

[09:53] Ferrosol hold steady vs panic
[09:53] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[09:53] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+2 = 6

Aww crap she noticed what I was staring at didn't she. Still maybe with the two girls fighting she'll forget about it. Quick I need to do something else make it look like I'm busy. "Umm, sure that sound like it'd be fun. When's your next meeting? and I could use the practice" I asked Gillian giving her a sheepish grin as I did so. I mean that smile worked on Harriet maybe it'll do the same with her?

[09:59] Ferrosol turn on
[10:00] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[10:00] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+1 = 5

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jul 20, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 2/5, Conditions: Loser. Colour Blind

Or maybe it won't. My heads ringing and my sight is all blurry. Clearing my head at least gets rid of the first. But whatever that hex she hit me with did something to my vision. Clever, a subtle hex like that can't be easy to do without saying a word. I'm not good at subtle but theres one spell i've been practising and I have to try something or look like a complete idiot. I formed the idea in my mind AQUAMENTI The idea I'd wanted was a quick jet of water aimed her face to cause her to flinch bavk.

[21:14] Ferrosol magicing gillian
[21:14] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[21:14] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9-1 = 8
[21:14] Ferrosol huh it worked
[i]Dealing one harm and giving her a string on me.[/b]

What I got was something a little stronger. A full jet of water that hit her square in the chest knocking her back to the floor. Luckily she hit a pile of cushions so the damage was minor. She was absolutely soaked right through to the skin. "Oops sorry about that," I stammered as I stepped forward to offer her a hand up. I couldn't help but notice as I did so that the water spell had well caused her shirt to stick to her... um chest. Don't stare don't stare.

21:24] Ferrosol don't stare at gillian
[21:25] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[21:25] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2-1 = 1

I was staring wasn't I? drat, maybe I could blame the concussion? Yeah like that would work....

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 2/5, Conditions: Loser. Colour Blind

Luckily the lesson came to an end before Gillian could say anything. Maybe I could have feigned experimental interest in how my spell went, I mean looking was perfectly understandable when all I wanted to see was if my spell had worked properly. Right? Unfortunately that didn't seem like that excuse was gonna wash. Professor Legate made out that I was being punished for staring at Gillian yet I could see her eyes involuntarily flicking to the container on her desk.Still minus ten points is a bit much. Not that I personally care but some people get ultra competitive about that sort of thing for reasons I'm not entirely clear on. Must be a mammal dominance thing. Guess the blood really was for her then. I wonder what she wanted it for?

Potions was potions. I'm pretty good at it. It's just following instructions after all. Although Professor Bohr does complain my potions lack flair whatever that means. I followed the instructions he gave me what more does he want?

Then lunch time. That's one of the things I love about Hogwarts the food. There's always as much as you can eat and I'd worked up quite an appetite with the morning I'd had. I was just starting to dig in when an owl dropped a letter on the table in front of me. Just narrowly missed my bowl of soup. I wish they wouldn't do that. Still it would at least provide some entertainment since the other Hufflepuffs were avoiding me Word must've already got around about the minus ten. Out of curiosity I opened the letter while eating my soup and almost choked when I read it. It was another note from Dad, Where the hell did he get his information from? was someone here working for him or did he have some sort of super-scrying thing that he was using to check up on me? See the first thing it said was stop mooning over the girl. I thought for a moment that he meant Harriet but then I looked again no the name said wait a minute Valerie? I'm not interested in Valerie. Well not like that anyway. She's just part of my attempt to figure out what makes you humans tick. Still he ordered me to drop her said there was another girl I should be sinking my fangs into. Cana.

Seems her family was in the way of Dad's schemes and he wants some sort of blackmail on them. How he expects me to get it I don't know,. I barely know the girl! I don't think I've said more than hi and bye to her all the time I've been in hogwarts. Still if I don't want another Howler I guess I don't have much choice. I guess I could feign an interest in quidditch or something maybe? isn't she on the Gryffindor team or something? To make matters worse I'd wanted to talk to Harriet again over lunch. But she was nowhere to be found. I hope she isn't upset with me over something. I mean I thought I'd connected with her right for once. Oh well there's nothing I can do about it now. Meanwhile I was trying to rack my brains for any excuse I could find to talk to Cana there must be some interest I have in common with her.

Asking what if anything Zach and Cana have in common.
[23:30] Ferrosol zach gaze
[23:30] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:30] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8-1 = 7
I'll take confusing and alarming please, oh and marking XP

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: +1, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1x
Harm: 2/4, XP: 3/5, Conditions: Loser. Colour Blind

Crap, I can't believe I missed it until now. The way she walks, the way she looks at people, the way she acts. Cana is like a predator amongst prey. She's dangerous and if I'm not careful I could be next. I'll just have to be very careful move quickly and silently and only strike when I'm ready. I'm a snake I'm good at that. But that still left how the hell was I going to get Cana to do something embarrassing. I didn't know a thing about her. I'd have to start there.... find out a bit more about her somehow.

"Galleon for your thoughts?" I nearly jumped out of my skins at that. It took me a moment to realise who I was talking too. Analia. it must be mating season otherwise why would so many human females want to talk to me? "They're probably not worth that much" I said sheepishly to her. "Oh is something wrong? bad news from home or something?" she asked curiously.

12:12] Ferrosol Zach's hold steady
[12:12] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[12:12] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7
you keep your cool

"Oh well sort of I guess." I replied, "My Grandma isn't very well she lives out in Egypt these days and he health's getting worse according to this" I said lying smoothly. As far as I knew my Gran was as healthy as a horse and it's the Egyptians who should be scared for their health if gran ever gets her fangs out. But I digress.
"Oh I'm sorry to hear that" she added actually sound concerned. "listen I just wanted to say thanks earlier for standing up to Eustace, it's about time someone told him to stop being such an arse and to stop pestering everyone." Huh, I hadn't done it for that but eh I'd take the credit. "So umm could you do me a favour I don't suppose you saw where Harriet went after class? I wanted to ask her something." I said to her.

[12:25] Ferrosol zach the manipulator
[12:25] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[12:25] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+1 = 6
oh well marking xp at least

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: +1x, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1x
Harm: 2/4, XP: 4/5, Conditions: Loser. Colour Blind, Wearing his Lunch

"I---" Before I could go on I was pushed face first into my bowl of soup. It didn't hurt much but the shock of the whole thing was a surprise. I could feel the soup run down my face. I could already hear the sniggering behind me and Eustace's braying laughter. I took a deep breath and thought for a few crucial seconds about what to do next. I could just take it let Eustace think he'd won and then when we're alone show him the error of his ways. That would be the sensible option. But I'd had enough of being sensible. This was the second time Eustace had got a cheap shot at me. There wasn't going to be a third time. I was going to put the fear of me into him.

[13:55] Ferrosol Hitting Snake Food Eustace
[13:55] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[13:55] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4 = 4

Or I would've except when I stood up I managed to get my leg tangled round my chair somehow and my lunge towards him turned more into a plunge to the floor. I could hear the hoots of laughter from everyone and I just laid there in my shame and misery praying for some sort of end to my torment. This was not a good day.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Bleugh why won't everyone just leave me alone today. I swear next time Eustace is pressing himself on someone I'll leave him to it if this is the kind of results I get. Now Senna is walking over to me no doubt to lecture me on something I've done wrong. Strange I never noticed how gracefully she moved until now it's almost fascinating to watch.

giving Senna a string

Yep there she goes yapping about those stupid house points thanks for reminding about that and apparently telling Eustace to stop being a jerk is bullying now.

[18:19] Ferrosol biting tongue at know it all senna
[18:20] Ferrosol !r 2d6+3
[18:20] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2+3 = 5

Well I for one have had enough of her stupid moralising. "Just leave me alone," I said levering myself up "No one cares what you think you know about anything because you're a complete idiot." I said as I stood to my feet. Useless mammals give them an opposable thumb and they think they can rule the world. "Now that we've all heard your pointless opinion I'm going to go change."

[18:33] Ferrosol run away zach
[18:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[18:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8-1 = 7
[18:34] Ferrosol wow I actually succeeded at something
You run into something worse

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

And just to make a bad day even worse the last thing I want to see. Peeves. I don't have much time for his practical jokes at the best of times let alone on a day like today. "Listen Peeves I probably won't find your jokes very funny today. Why don't you go bother someone who you'll get a better rise out of?" I tried desperately to persuade him. "Maybe someone in the great hall would be more appreciative of your many humorous talents?"

[08:42] Ferrosol manipulating peeves.
[08:42] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[08:42] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+1 = 10
[08:43] Ferrosol omg

I'm not really good at jokes anyway I always laugh at the wrong part and make myself look a bit weird. Although today feels like one big joke already and I'm the target.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Well at least one thing was going right. Peeves did take pity on me. Which is rather sad considering but after a day like today I'll take what victories I can get. Still the common room was mostly deserted when I got there and thankfully there was no one in my dorm. Still it was obvious someone had made a delivery because their was a crate with air holes in the middle of my room. Checking the delivery note on the top I realised it wasn't anything exciting, just the live mice I'd ordered for Toby in the vain hope that feeding him live prey would keep him from going after everyone else's pets. Sandy still hadn't forgave me for him going after her cat. But it's not like a cat needs all it's tail anyway is it. She was just overreacting.

For lack of nothing better to do I decided there and then to uncrate the mice cage and see what I'd got. Lot's of plump mice enough to keep him going for quite a while. Still then my stomach started to rumble and I was acutely aware I'd missed most of my lunch and all I could see in front of me was these juicy plump mice, mmm. I suppose Toby wouldn't miss one would he and there was no one around to watch me dislocate my jaw to swallow it....

[18:03] Ferrosol resisting a treat
[18:03] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[18:03] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+2 = 11
removing a condition Wearing his lunch

But no there might not be anyone around now, but what if someone walked in and saw me doing it. Then the whole charade would be ruined. I'd be expelled at best and at worst end up spending the rest of my life in Askaban. No I could deal with hunger if I had too. Normally I don't have this dilemma but live mice were a comfort food when I was a little hatchling and even now they remind me of home. I wish I was back there amidst my family, where I could be myself and not have to hide who I am, what I am. I mean I know dad's plan needs me here making connections with the next generation and getting the education expected of me it's just... well it'd be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be something i'm not to do it.

Still I decided to change out my uniform and give my face a good scrub to get rid of the soup covering it. There I actually looked reasonably presentable. But something was still off. What was it? oh colour perception. I should probably head down to the infirmary and get that checked out. Surely a hex shouldn't last this long should it?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 4/5, Conditions: Loser. Colour Blind,

Ugh, past those hour glasses, with Hufflepuff in dead last as usual. I'm sick of it. I mean I'm usually good at earning points, this mornings little escapade aside, I play a mean game of wizard chess and that's usually worth a few points at least, but it seems like most hufflepuffs don't get the respect we deserve. I mean even the stupid hat doesn't like us. Ravenclaw gets the clever dicks, Slytherin gets the megalomaniacs, Gryffindor get's the foolhardy, and poor Hufflepuff just gets whatever is left. So most of us are ignored our achievements belittled and ignored while other more forward houses get more than their fair share of attention.

Speaking of Slytherin megalomaniacs is that Gwen? She's well. I'm not sure how to put it. The ultimate Slytherin, really ambitious really dangerous, I think she'd get on really well with my Dad, he'd probably point her out as the kind of example I should model myself on. Problem is she's a massive show off has to be the best at everything she does and boy does she let you know she's the best. Still from the way she's looking at me she wants something from me. Maybe I can just get it over with and get on with the rest of my day.

"Something I can help you with?" I asked brusquely hoping whatever it was would be quick at least. probably a little harsher than I intended so I flashed her an apologetic grin. It wasn't Gwen's fault I was having a bad day.

[21:55] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[21:56] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6 = 6
hosed up my roll but per word of Rauri can use this anyway and just add the missing +1 hot to it. So String/self/promise Gwen

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 4/5, Conditions: Loser. Colour Blind,

Huh, why does she give a drat about me, I mean don't get me wrong I know a lot of people find her attractive and I can see why and there are guys who'd chew their own arm off for having her pay even this much attention to them. I'm not one of them though. Still I'd rather have her be nice to me than see me as some sort of enemy. The last thing I need right now is more people with a reason to hate my guts especially people as inventive as her.

giving her what he thinks she wants an explanation

"Uh, just going to the infirmary, took a hex this morning that doesn't seem to have worn off yet. Figured I might want to have it checked out. Your welcome to come along if you like. " I explained "As for the rest Eustace seems to have taken a dislike to me because I told him off for being a pest."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 4/5, Conditions: Loser.

Hey I wasn't upset! I was just a little concerned that's all. I don't get why De Vries was making so a big deal out of it. It's not my fault that he was the only healer on duty. There was no need to snap at me for something like that. All he had to do was say he had more important things to worry about and I would have went away and left him to do his job. Ugh why can't I catch a break still I can see properly now anyway. . At least I was able to ditch Gwen fairly quickly afterwards, I still don't know what she wanted from me though and that bothered me. Still there was nothing I could do about that she'd no doubt make it quite clear what she wanted in her own sweet time.

The rest of the afternoon passed in a bit of blur, No sign of Eustace thankfully even though he should have been in a couple of my classes. I was going to have to do something about him but what. I'd like nothing better to than to get him alone, and after one quick bite eof my fangs leave him for dead.... but I couldn't risk someone seeing me. So I was going to have to settle for a less physical response. Add on to that there was still the problem of Cana, I was going to have to do something about her as well. If only there was some way I could solve both problems at the same time. Wait, I've got it! Zach you're a genius!

I didn't bother to read Dad's note, no doubt it'll just be the usual threats and insults. I'd love to know how he keeps getting these notes sent to me though. I thought it was supposed to be impossible to get into the hufflepuff dorm if you were an outsider. Still on my little list of mysteries it ranked somewhere around finding out where the house-elves kept misplacing my socks too. Right now I had more important things to worry about. I can't help overhearing Angela talking about the stupid tournament, Truth is I didn't really care who was picked, I mean I hope hogwarts won of course but it made no difference to me who did it for us. Well if it were Gwen her ego would swell pretty big and that probably wouldn't be good at all for the rest of us mere mortals. Still I doubt a petition was going to change anyone's mind, but if it kept Angela quiet I suppose I could stick my name on it.
uthat is not for anyone else. I could see Harriet tucked in a corner with a table to herself and what looked like a pile of homework stacked upon it. If I didn't know better I'd swear she'd been avoiding me all day. I paused for a moment to try and pat down my unruly hair into some kind of order before walking over to her. "Hi Harriet, listen I was just going to go grab some dinner I don't suppose you'd like to come too... "

[23:19] Ferrosol turn on harriet
[23:20] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[23:20] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 3+1 = 4
Marking xp at least and taking a move from another skin. A little bird told me

"Of course if your busy that's fine too." Ugh way to put your tail in your mouth Zach, why are all the girls interested in you but the one you want?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: +1x, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Conditions: Loser.

Ugh, loving mammals why can't they just say what they really mean or is that too hard for their pea sized monkey brains. If she doesn't want me she doesn't want me. I wish she would then i could stop deluding myself that she had any interest in me, "uhh ok then maybe some other time." Did I just hear someone snicker behind me, great just great. I stalked off towards the great hall but in my funk I must've got turned around somewhere either that or the corridors have shifted again because I somehow found myself on the second floor with no idea how I got there. Strange the place was deserted at this hour. even the portraits had vanished was something wrong... Wait what was that it came from up there....

HOLY poo poo A GIANT SPIDER!

[20:59] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[20:59] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7
you gain the condition terrified, carrying one forward for the rest of the scene

Oh god oh god oh god I cowered back in fear why did it have to be a spider of all things. Before I could turn to run though Erhard came charging in like some kind of avenging angel, he somehow managed to trip over me though as he did turning his dramatic charge into something more like a tumble. To be fair though he came to his feet and blasted the drat spider with some spell I've never seen before. It hurt the drat arachnid but didn't seem to quite finish it off. I stumbled to my feet and pulled out my wand the tip of which was wavering due to the adrenaline and fear shooting through me. FRIGIDUS SAGITTA

[21:09] Ferrosol Killing a spider
[21:09] Ferrosol come on zach
[21:09] Ferrosol don't gently caress this up
[21:09] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[21:09] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6 = 6
[21:09] Ferrosol oh gently caress you

I watched helplessly as my bolt of ice went flying over the top of the spiders head and I was left defenceless as it bore down upon me.....

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Conditions: Loser.

Not only did my Bolt go wild but trying to cast it knocked me off balance and I ended up getting my foot somehow tangled around Erhard's legs and we went down together in a tangled pile of limbs with me laid on top of him for a brief moment. Awkward.

[20:01] Ferrosol Accidentally turn on Erhard
[20:01] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[20:01] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12+1 = 13
taking a string on him

Erhard somehow managed to untangle himself from me surprisingly quickly and managed to snap off a quick spell before we were both webbed to the wall. I thought I was done for when two Gryffindors came charging in to the rescue. I don't think I've ever been more grateful to see a Gryffindor in my life. Especially when Lee managed to blast one of the spiders with an impressive blast of water. For a mudbl- muggleborn that wasn't half bad. I'd be able to do it in a classroom but obviously not here.. maybe I needed to start taking those Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons a little more seriously. Since with the speed the webs were hardening I wasn't going to break free anytime soon I figured my best bet was to stay where I was. Still where the heck had all those spiders even came from? surely there were wards or something to keep them out right so someone must have let them in but who?

20:15] Ferrosol gazing about spiders
[20:15] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[20:15] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 11-1 = 10
the visions are lucid and detailed; the visions show you what you must do, and you carry 1 forward to doing it

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Spider Town Conditions: Loser.

What by all the snakeskins was that about? Still I can worry about it later you know when a giant spider isn't trying to eat me. Speaking of which what the hell does it think it's playing at? I'm almost detached from reality as I see it slowly but perceptibly shake off Erhard's spell. Still this will not stand. I am not some prey to be pushed around by some two-bit carnivore. I am a Bainbridge a predator from a long line of predators and no eight-legged giant freak is going to beat me. I glared at the foul monstrosity staring into it's compounded eyes sure that I wouldn't blink first.

11:36] Ferrosol shut down the spider
[11:36] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[11:36] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10+2 = 12
[11:36] Ferrosol aww yeah
[11:36] Ferrosol everything's coming up Zach
taking a string on the spider and spending it to make it flinch back.

I didn't I watched it rock back on it's heels? (do spiders even have heels?) legs for a moment confused at the turn of events. "Erhard hit it again!" I hissed as he still struggled to untangle himself from the web.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Spider Town Conditions: Loser.

"I don't have a clue why the spiders were interested in me." I said honestly. Although I was starting to be suspicious I mean one encounter with Spiders was a coincidence two encounters was enemy action. I can't believe it I'm so happy. I have an enemy! a nemesis! A rival! one I've managed to piss off enough to try and kill me already. I just wish I knew who. Kind of hard to sink your fangs into a foe when you don't know who it is. Could be awkward if I just go around poisoning people at random. This is going to be so much fun! Still back to the business at hand.

I took Erhard's hand and stared into his eyes with gratitude. Then with a graceful motion I shook his hand and said "Thank you for saving my life." Never does any harm to be polite to a potential ally. Although I'm not sure if this is the right way to thank him. The last time I saw someone rescued she delivered a passionate kiss to her rescuer but I'm about 70% sure that sort of thing doesn't apply between mammalian members of the same sex.

[08:07] Ferrosol turn on erhard
[08:07] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[08:07] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+1 = 9
symbolic string/promise/self

But there's no need for him to insult Cana like that. Besides it gives me the perfect opportunity to begin stage one of my plan to deal with her to Dad's satisfaction.

[08:10] Ferrosol shutdown erhard
[08:10] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[08:10] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+2 = 6
tagging smart arse to bring that up to 7 and giving Erhard the condition Ungrateful he can give me back whatever

"Hey there's no need to talk like that to her. She was only trying to help and I for one am very grateful." I lectured before going to take Lee's other arm to help Cana carry him to the infirmary or the library or wherever they were going.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Dead Spider Town Conditions: Loser, Naive

Lee was actually rather impressive in that little fight especially for a muggleborn and I could certainly learn a lot from him. "This foot in the ball sounds interesting I might come along if I get the chance." I said. I'm not sure how much of that he understood with the venom running through but I really needed to learn how to fight in this pathetic meatsack of a body and if he could help me with it well I'd be quite grateful.

promising Lee that Zach will come to football practice.

"Me?" I said to Cana. I suppose the accumulated pains and what have you I'd picked up were a problem. But I'd live it'd take more than that to knock me down. "Don't worry about me I'm tougher than I look. I can hang on a bit longer. We need to see to Lee first. Venom can be nasty." I know mine was certainly and from a spider that size it could probably worse. "I know a fair bit about Poisons I might be able to help" I said flashing a quick smile at Cana

[19:24] Ferrosol turn on cana
[19:24] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[19:24] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 11+1 = 12
[19:24] Ferrosol who are you
[19:24] Ferrosol and what did you do with the real zach
taking a string on Cana

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Library Pile Up Conditions: Loser, Naive

Wow I felt that. Still I suppose I should be grateful it's not me making an rear end of myself for once.I leant down to help Cana to her feet where she'd got tangled with Jacob was it? "Are you feeling allright that was quite a nasty collision." I actually kind of liked Cana it was a shame I had to set her up for a fall. And not a physical fall like this one. Oh well it's for the greater good and family has to come first otherwise where would we be right?

[00:27] Ferrosol lying to Cana
[00:27] Ferrosol hold steady
[00:27] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[00:27] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+2 = 11
removing naive

"Looks like no permanent damage at least. I'd hate to see you get hurt" I said lying through my teeth. Although given that Jacob had taken advantage of the confusion to get a feel of her chest that might be about to change. I looked away only to see Mrs Spine slip a book from the restricted section into the bag she was carrying. Interesting. I know Mrs Spine is just the librarian and presumably could do what she liked but why would she so furtively take a book. I wonder what it was. that she took. My father had warned me about her said not to judge a book by it's cover (get it it's a library joke.) Said that she wasn't always the meek and mild librarian she is now. He didn't go into details but I got the impression she'd been in some way connected with Voldermort. It must only have been a minor connection otherwise she'd be in Azkaban by now. He'd wanted me to dig further to find out if she was up to anything lately or if she'd retired from those sorts of games but what with everything else on my plate I hadn't had a chance to pursue it. This was the first thing I'd happened to notice that I'd call unusual.

I was just trying to figure out what book she might have taken when Gwen apperated almost right on top of me. Isn't Hogwarts supposed to be warded against that sort of thing. I stumbled out of the way grabbing her arm for support. "Sorry" I said smiling sheepishly at her.

[00:42] Ferrosol turn on gwen
[00:42] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[00:42] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+1 = 7
symbolic string/promise/give self

When she launched into her explanation though. I was shocked. How could the barriers be down? or partially down or whatever. that meant we were wide open. That probably explained the spiders getting in earlier. I wonder who could have taken it down. A professor did seem the most likely culprit and I knew a few had been acting odd but who could do something like that?

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 6, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Library Pile Up Conditions: Loser,

It wasn't a problem helping Cana to her feet. No the problem was I was acutely aware was that she was still covered in spider guts. Or to put it another way she was covered with the blood of her enemies that she'd put there herself. I won't deny some deep part of my reptilian brain found that tremendously exciting. She'd shown them her fangs and they'd fell before her. But I'd have to put that to one side for now.

giving Cana a string

Still I could benefit from a healing spell I think if Gwen is offering. "Nothing serious for me but I picked up a few cuts and bruises earlier. I'd be grateful if you could do something about them for me." I said meekly to Gwen raising up my robe to show her where the damage was on my chest.

[07:57] Ferrosol turn on gwen
[07:58] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[07:58] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10+1 = 11
No mechanical effect but a shot of Zach's manly chest is enough for anyone

While I was waiting for her to finish with the other more badly injured students I was surprised when Valerie of all people leaned in close to me and asked me if I could help her find Gillian. drat, she's practically all over me. What is it with the girls today, they all keep throwing themselves at me. Well maybe not all of them but it seems like every one but the one I want. Still if Val really can help me with Harriet It'd be worth it. "So uhh where did you see her last then? I don't think I've seen her since DADA this morning. Where have already looked even? Wait did you do something different with your hair...."

promising to help look for Gillian

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Hufflepuff Common Room Conditions: Loser,

I lead the three of them through a mostly deserted corridor and halls down into the wine cellar. I stopped them their and explained the system for access. I don't think they were too impressed that all it took was hammering out a simple tune to gain access to the Hufflepuff Common room. Of course what it really requires is someone with patience and an attention to detail. Perfect skills for any Hufflepuff. I demonstrated the sequence to them and told them to add three knocks at the end to open the door. They almost managed it as well. Just a shame it was supposed to be four knocks at the end. Still Vinegar wouldn't do any harm to anyone. Val at least had the sense to stand to one side leaving Erin and Martin? to take the brunt of it.

giiving Erin and Martin the condition Vinegared.

"Why don;'t the two of you wait here and dry off." I said trying not to be too amused at the sight and smell of them. Exactly as planned. I could probably justify letting one outsider into the common room but three would be a stretch.

"You coming Val?" I asked as we slipped through into the warm and comfortable common room. It should've been deserted at this hour and it normally would have been but just my luck there was Harry Mcdoogal what was he doing here. He couldn't see me here with Val. I had to think fast. I guess that's the only excuse I can offer for my dumb plan. I hissed to Val "play along." and then faked a playful laugh. "--we can sneak up to my room and no one will disturb us there..." I said leaning in to kiss her.

[19:03] Ferrosol turn on Val
[19:03] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[19:03] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+1 = 5

Then I jumped as if in surprise at not having noticed Harry. What was he doing? Wait did he have someone elses homework that he was copying. Perfect. "Are you copying someone else's homework? I'll pretend I haven't seen you if you do the same for me." Yes let him think all I was doing was bringing Val back for some messy mammalian intercourse and not something more sinister.

19:08] Ferrosol manipulate Harry
[19:08] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[19:08] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+1 = 8
offering him a deal. I'll overlook his transgressions if he'll do the same for me.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"Sorry about that. it was the only excuse I could think of for why I was smuggling you in." I said rubbing my cheek where she'd kissed me with a lot more passion than I'd managed. Guess she was a better actor than I was. She could certainly kiss better. "Come on I'll help you find your friend."

promising Val what I think she wants finding her friend.

"What are you looking for her for anyway?" I asked. "worried she might be in trouble?" I lead her to the girls dorms and pointed to the right one, she should be in there. "Want some help?" Something was clearly going on and I wanted to know more. Who knew what effect it could have on my plans?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I had my wand out and in my hand before my brain had even registered what she'd ordered me to do. At a nod from Val I pushed through the door. What the heck had been happening here there was some small furry creature in pieces on the floor and blood everywhere. But before I had time to react. Gillian was casting. I don't know whether it was the shock of seeing two of us or the fact that she seemed more desperate to hit Val but the beams she sent my way were shooting over my head. A little too close for comfort given that's obviously some sort of curse. poo poo Cruciatus that's one of the killing curses isn't it? Has Gillian gone completely insane? Casting that sort of thing is going to bring auditors down on her like a ton of those thing they build houses out of.

Right now though I should stop pontificating and use that wand for something useful. CONFRINGO I yelled and loosed a blast of energy at Gillian Who now appeared to have lost her wand thanks to a clever bit of magic from Val.

[23:13] Ferrosol hitting Gillian
[23:13] Ferrosol don't gently caress this up Zach
[23:14] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[23:14] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12 = 12
[23:14] Rauri wow
[23:14] Axe-man holy poo poo!
[23:14] Ferrosol aww yeah
[23:14] Axe-man yay!
[23:14] Ferrosol whose the best snake
the harm is great doing 2 harm to gillian,

Wow, my spell punched right through her shield like it wasn't there and knocked her to her feet due to the force of the explosion. I may have put a bit too much into that. But I'd rather use too much venom than not enough as my grandad used to say. Guess when it matters I can fight. But we better make sure that Gillian stays down. I don't know enough about dark magic to say what she's trying to accomplish but this looks like some of the heavy death eater stuff I'd heard about from my Dad and some of his more umm well-lubricated cronies who'd I'd heard bragging. "Make sure she stays down" I hissed at Gillian. As I tried to think of some sort of defence to that stuff. I wish I'd paid more attention in DADA now.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 0/5, Location: Gilly Room Conditions: Loser,

"I'd be delighted to." I said quickly. Don't piss off the crazy girl whose quick with a petrification spell is the first thing I'd do especially when she's ranting and raving about power and dominance. In a way it reminds me comfortingly of home. Val's like a much more attractive version of my Dad. Speaking of home some of these implements and knick knacks Gilly was using look awfully familiar. Almost identical to some of the tools my dad uses on occasion. I wonder what she was trying to accomplish here. Obviously some sort of dark magic given she seemed quite happy to throw the Cruciatus Curse around but what.

[23:19] Ferrosol Gaze about crazy wizard
[23:19] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[23:19] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7-1 = 6
[23:19] Ferrosol RIP Zach
[23:19] Ferrosol normal service has been resumed
marking XP at least

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 1/5, Location: Gilly's Room Conditions: Loser, Nyctophobia

"Did you see that." I said my eyes darting into the shadows as if to see where that...thing went. Then Val did something completely unexpected and threw herself to the ground giving me an excellent view of her chest through her badly shredded uniform. I froze for a moment trying to figure what she was talking about and admiring that incredible view

give Val a string

I'm Acting! (Hold Steady): 2d6+2 13
carrying +1 Forward

Oh it was more acting. Luckily I'm pretty good at acting. I aced the part of human student at hogwarts exactly the same as all the other normal humans with their mating seasons and potential for creating hatchlings. And I could hear the hurried sound of feet coming through the door so time to do my part. I held her close my hands seeming to find more of the areas where her uniform was shredded than where it was not.

Turn on Val (+1 forward Shreded Uniform): 2d6+3 7
string/promise/self

"ssh.' i said stroking her hair as if I was comforting her.As a crowd of hufflepuffs burst through the door some of the smarter ones with wands drawn. "Dammit you're too late." I said improvising desperately "They got Gillian and very nearly got us too. Look at the state Val's in. Can someone check to make sure that they're gone?"

Manipulate Hufflepuffs: 2d6+1 10

Not my best acting but they mostly seemed to buy it.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 2/4, XP: 1/5, Location: Gilly's Room Conditions: Loser, Nyctophobia

Surely she can't mean like that... I mean I've never.. "Umm if that's what you want." Having someone there with me might help keep the shadows at bay for a little while at least. "Come on" I whispered to her as the two of us slipped out in the confusion. All our problems could wait until tomorrow. We slipped into my room and shut the door behind us. You'll forgive me if I don't go into the sordid details of what happened next?
fade to black?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: +1 Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Location: Hogsmeade Conditions: Loser,

Well I wasn't expecting it to be like that. No wonder all you proper humans are so obsessed with it. I can see why. But enough on that. The marking process seemed a little unusual to me but apparently it is quite normal amongst certain sections of the muggle population about it. I'll have to ask Lee about... Dammit I can't can I.

Valerie is now a part of Zachs Falling Dynasty. She can set him a task and get a string for it . Zach then carries one forward to doing it.

See I was just getting to know Lee a little better he seemed quite nice for a muggleborn. I'd even been to his little foot in the ball practice. It was kind of like Quidditch but without the brooms and I got told off when i tried to pick up the ball. He even tried and failed at explaining something called the offside rule to me and several of the other players but we were all completely baffled. I've heard advanced magical theorems that sound less complicated.

But then of course I got that letter delivered from my dad. He uh approves of me dating Val. Not that we are dating exactly I think. These human customs are rather confusing but she did agree to meet me in Hogsmeade so I guess that kind of counts as a date doesn't it. But I'm digressing. Where was I? Oh yeah, Lee. See also in that letter was a bit asking me to take Lee down a notch or two somehow. But don't worry I've got a plan Dad. One that should work perfectly you'll see then you'll have to respect me.

Still I'd like to know who it was Dad was using to spy on me. It's kind of uncomfortable to imagine him looking over my shoulder so to speak, when I was err otherwise engaged with Val but what can I do. And I suppose he has a right I mean I'm just the minor twig of a very ancient and noble line. If we're going to restore even a fraction of our power I can't afford to slack off. Even with someone as lovely and sexy as Valerie. She was even remarkably charitable to my fumbling efforts which I would not have believed considering her reputation. I wish I knew what she saw in me though. I mean I'm flattered and all but she could have any guy she wanted in the school and she chose me for some reason. Maybe it's only going to be a temporary thing. Especially given the emphasis she put on this tattoo thing fading without use. Still if that's the case I might as well enjoy it while it lasts. My dad's right she's an education on so many things. Although I doubt we'll ever discuss some of the things she taught me behind closed doors. Not even with the instrument of my next plan.

I'm sitting down to a perfectly acceptable breakfast with Harry. He's the biggest gossip in the entirety of Hufflepuff. Maybe even the entirety of Hogwarts. Which makes him perfect for me. Time to set the bait. "So did you hear what Lee was saying about Cana ." I said. He finished a bit of toast and leaned forward. "What was that?" "Well apparently Lee's not happy with the way she's been behaving something about how weird she's been acting over people. He said if she didn't calm down he was going to have to make her." I lied.

[20:21] Ferrosol blab vicious lies about Lee
[20:21] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[20:21] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12+2 = 14
Giving Lee Canaphobe

"Supposedly the only reason he hasn't done anything yet is this dumb quidditch match coming up, now that they're on the same team he's behaving but after the regular guy gets back all bets are off." I added. "Expect fireworks." Harry didn't say anything to that but I could see his eyes widen. With a bit of luck the rumour would be all over school before too long and then when Lee and Cana heard about it they'd fight each other which would discredit both of them. Zach you're a genius. And the best part if it all goes wrong somehow everyone will just blame Harry for it.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: +1 Cold: +2x, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Location: Hogsmeade Conditions: Loser,

Well with that out of the way I headed off to my meeting date? with Valerie. I was wearing a shirt it was a copy of some muggle design made by Gladrags, I fancied I look rather fetching in its multi-coloured hues and I liked it's pattern combined with a pair of black trousers it seemed like the perfect ensemble to make my way around Hogsmeade in both style and comfort. Still I had better hurry up or I was going to be late to meet Val at the wailing wall.

----------------------------------------------

Phew I just barely made it Val of course looked stunning the way she always does. She could carry off any outfit let alone the kind of thing she had on. I couldn't believe that she'd agreed to go on this date with me.Still if it lead to more procreation like that I wasn't going to complain. If only I'd known what I was missing all these years....

But focus Zach. If you want it again your going to have to work for it. Well If that's what I've got to do. "umm hi Val Sorry I'm a bit late I had some business to take care of. So what do you want to do today?"

[23:33] Ferrosol turn on Val
[23:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[23:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+1 = 10

"You look lovely today is that a new outfit?" I said giving her my best smile as I snaked my arm around her waist. This may only be a temporary thing but I'm going to make the most of it while it lasts.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"Relax I brought a coat as well. Although mine could probably do with replacing it's getting a little shabby." I said it's touching that she cares though. Most people don't bother to care about me. I don't think even my dad would miss me if something happened to me. " I could do with some new winter-wear as well." I mean the Bainbridges aren't rich-rich but Gringotts still has quite a bit of our wealth stored there and I do get a generous allowance so money's not that much of an issue for me. "Let's hit the shops and then we can finish off at the tavern."I said my arm still around her waist. "The chocolate shop should be closest."

So off we went. The chocolate shop was as you might have guessed crammed with students. Personally I've never understood the allure of chocolate I prefer my treats alive and wriggling. Even the chocolate frogs aren't quite the same thing as a properly stuffed mouse. Unfortunately I don't really get to enjoy them much at hogwarts because it would what's that charming muggle expression? "Blow my cloak" something like that anyway. But it means I can view the lavish display of choclate with something other than the drooling of my peers. "So what's your poison. My treat." I asked Val.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Sitting in Spellbruks reminds me a bit of home. Run down slightly shabby. Rats scurrying everywhere. People conspiring in shadowy corners it's dowright homely Admittedly there's no snake people but it can't have everything. Things are pretty great at the moment. I should haver Lee and Cana at each others throats before the day is out I have a really attractive girl set opposite me and I've got no plans for the rest of the day. Hmm I need a plan to "deal with" Valerie. I mean I really like spending time with her. She's ambitious, driven intelligent and incredibly sexy. All the traits I wish I had. The safest way would be to dispose one of her other minions. Wouldn't be that hard. Gillian's on thin ice over the whole possessed by a shadow thing. Erin's impulsive and would be pretty easy to goad into something stupid. But I think the real weak spot and threat there is Martin the gryffindor. I've already seen the dirty looks he keeps giving me. I think he knows about me and Valerie and is jealous. Maybe he's crushing hard for her. I don't blame him. But she's mine and I'm not big on sharing. So Martin's the one I need to deal with. But how I barely know the guy still he must have some weakness I could exploit. Some flaw I could use against him. It's just a matter of what.

[22:24] Ferrosol gazing about Martin
[22:24] Ferrosol !r2d6-1
[22:24] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[22:24] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4-1 = 3
nope

But while I'm thinking doesn't mean I can't pursue other pleasures while I'm at it. I slithered closer to her and whispered "you look exhausted what say we rent a room for a few hours and slip upstairs to relax." I said snuggling in close to her with my arm wrapped tight around her. Hopefully implying what kind of relaxation I was interested in.

[22:29] Ferrosol turn on Val
[22:29] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[22:29] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2+1 = 3
marking xp at least.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Location: Hogsmeade Conditions: Loser, Unimpressive

Well even if I didn't have a good idea to get rid of Martin I could at least take some comfort in the fact that Val was still interested in me. She had her own business which she wanted to keep private. Fair enough. I had things to do for my family that I wouldn't appreciate sharing either. "Umm sure if that's what you want." I replied. "Don't take too long though." I said with a smile "I'll be waiting"

Promising what Val wants to go up to the room and wait

I pushed my way through the thin crowd and made my way up the rickety stairs past the surly looking bartender. Who spent the whole time giving me the shifty eye. I wonder if he knew or even cared that my family could probably buy this entire bar out of pocket change and he thought he could glare at me. That either took courage or stupidity.

I scanned the narrow corridor before finding room 4 and moving up to it. I moved decisively along the corridor and pushed through the door only to find the room occupied. "I'm sorry I must have the wrong room I thought this was room 4" my mouth said automatically before my eyes realised who it was I was talking to....

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 8, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Location: Hogsmeade Conditions: Loser, Unimpressive

The hell. Who does this clown think he or she is trying to boss I'm a Bainbridge. I don't do anyone else's scutwork. Well apart from my Dad's, or one of my relatives, or Valerie when she asks me too. But apart from them I don't do anyone's scutwork I'm not a delivery boy. I tried to tell him/her/it to go to hell but I couldn't even move my mouth. Oh crap. It's obviously hit me with some sort of curse. Exactly which I'm not sure but for about the thousandth time this week I wish I'd paid more attention in Defence Against the Dark Arts. I took the letter and nodded mutely. It seemed to take that as agreement and I could feel my legs start to move and walk down the stairs. By the time I got outside I somehow managed to regain control of myself. Or I was allowed to regain control of myself perhaps.

I slipped into a secluded nook where I should be undisturbed and slipped open the letter. Curiousity may have killed the cat but it's going to do drat all to this snake if I have anything to say to it. Besides even depleted and degraded as my family are they'd probably protect me my dad's big on old fashioned things such as vendettas and would probably try to hurt anyone who hurt me just out of family loyalty if nothing else.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Location: Hogsmeade Conditions: Loser, Unimpressive, Confunded, Dark Lord

Yes my destiny has been made clear to me at last. I wonder how I failed to see it before. All will bow down and worship me. It is my right it is my destiny. The fools that deny this will go the way of all my enemies. They shall plead for mercy and then they shall die screaming at my feet. It is only a matter of time. But I am only one man. If I am to take my place in the world I will need slaves, lackeys, minions. The country and then the world shall be mine. The Era of Zach starts here and now. The letter was right Valerie would not make a dark lord. It is my birthright alone. Still with the right guidance she might prove to be an acceptable consort to stand alongside me once I rule.

wait that's not right I'm no leader So first my army. I will need my equivalent of the death eater. And where better than Valerie's horsemen to begin my recruitment. They are no strangers to dark magic as the sigil I unwisely allowed to be tattooed upon myself indicates. They will be perfect. Now where do I find them so I can impress upon them the importance of serving me. wait no i don't want minions I want friends

I turn the corner and find Lee of all people threatening My Valerie. She belongs to me and I will not have her harmed by a no class mudblood like him. It seemed my little army although they did not know it yet had leapt to my consort's defence. Good but this one I wanted to deal with myself. wait that's crazy I can't fight Lee. However a wizard of my stature does not need to fight fair. I stepped forward while he was distracted by what was going on in front of him and shoved the pointy end of my wand in the fleshy exposed part of his back. "If you don't want your kidneys liquefied I suggest you leave her alone." The menace oozed from every word. I'd love to do it to that self-righteous prick and it would please my father whose support could be key to my grander designs.Wait no Lee's ok I don't want to hurt him.

[21:09] Ferrosol threaten Lee
[21:09] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[21:09] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+2 = 8
giving Lee the condition threatened he can give me whatever

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Location: Hogsmeade Conditions: Loser, Unimpressive, Confunded, Dark Lord

I waved imperiously to shoo away her friendsmy minions. "That is something that would be best discussed in private away from other ears." I explained. "Come come." I said and lead her back to my secluded nook. One day I promised I will have them build a statue there for this marks the place where my ascension began. My legions would make pilgrimages to there to bask in my glory. But that is for the future. It is the present I must be concerned with now. I gestured to her to sit and stood above her in all my magnificent glory. "I will tell you what I found there my dear. I found the truth, one I have been denying for far too long." I explained the zeal lighting up my eyes. "I am destined to rule the truth was revealed unto me and me alone, I am superior to all, and yet there is one I would desire to rule alongside me, one above the common herd. One whom I desire to build my army and be my strong right hand. You." I indulged myself for a moment with a vision of her worshipping at my feet looking up at me with utter adoration and pledging to serve me. No I don't want that.... do I? "Will you accept a place at my side my beautiful one?" I said bombastically

[10:51] Ferrosol turn on Valerie
[10:51] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[10:51] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+1 = 5
spending a string and tagging bossy. symbolic string/promise/self

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"You dare defy one such as me. I who can command the legions of the dead to serve and have all the earth bow before me." I am outraged that still she mocks me! How dare she! I made a serious proposal to her and she throws it back in my face. Very well if that is how it needs to be, If she will not stand by my side then I must make her kneel at my feet. no what am I doing... I reached out with my wand with a mighty flourish. It was time to make an example. Such a shame she would have made me a fine consort. But I'm sure there will be others with whom I can share my power and majesty, No Valerie will serve better as an object lesson to my magnificence.

GENUFLECTO I yelled focusing my unstoppable willpower into her. She would kneel or she would die. Either way she would serve as a lesson to those who would oppose me.

[22:12] Ferrosol Kneel before Zach! (Shutdown)
[22:13] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:13] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+2 = 6
tagging drained and giving Valerie the condition On her knees she can give me ???

Her strength was impressive at first but quickly she began to tire and I could feel her strength giving way before my almighty strength. She would be but the first to kneel for me.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

She defied me a second time. She will not have the chance to defy me a third time. I will have my revenge upon her and upon everyone who has wronged me. But it need not be now. No I will make a strategic withdrawal only to return anew at a time of my choosing. And she will rue the day she mocked me. She will beg for mercy and I will show her none! None I tell you.

"This isn't over." I shouted as i retrived my wand and withdrew to a stronger tactical position. "You will not defy me for long."

She knew too much about me. I was weak to her. I would have to eliminate her no no no no! but how how could I draw her away from her pathetic friends. There must be a way some lure I can use....

00:37] Ferrosol How to get revenge
[00:37] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[00:37] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12-1 = 11
[00:37] Ferrosol aww yeah
visions are lucid and detailed. The visions show you what you must do.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

The fools! Those meddling ignorant fools! Still they will suffer they will all suffer! Valerie I will save forlast she can watch as her friends die she can beg for mercy as I destroy them all for their betrayal. She will beg me for mercy and I will show none, None! Erin's death should be particularly delicious and the pain and suffering it will cause will be exquisite. The thought of this makes me feel cheerful despite the setback to my plans and I actually feel a grin start to develop on my face.

I turn the corner to be confronted by the last people I expected to see. Maggie and Lee interesting and Jackie tagging along behind like an unwanted third wheel. Hmm wasn't Maggie supposed to be particularly talented in divination. Of course this made perfect sense. She'd obviously cast the augurs and divined my true fate and had chosen the winning team. A wise move and one of her powers could be a great asset to me if she could be persuaded to be loyal. Yes perhaps the fates were with me this day despite it's inauspicious beginnings. Lee was of course of no account and of no importance given my earlier impressive demonstration of my powers had successfully quelled him. Hmm interesting and one of them had quite an impressive Patronus and it clearly wasn't the weak and pathetic Lee.

"Quite a demonstration of magical might Ladies. To which of you does this fine display of magical prowess belong. Although I regret it cannot compare to either of your beauty." What better than extravagant compliments to lure them to my cause. Such trinkets are cheap after all.

[15:49] Ferrosol turn on Mags
[15:49] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[15:49] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 3+1 = 4

[15:49] Ferrosol turn on Jacqueline
[15:49] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[15:49] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+1 = 10
gaining a string upon her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: +1x Cold: +2x, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 3/5, Location: Hogsmeade Conditions: Loser, Unimpressive, Confunded, Dark Lord One of Us

Hah she thinks I merely dabble in dark magic. Does she not know of my arcane prowess. I can master any field of my choice in the fraction of the time of these mere mammals. Still her error is forgiveable I suppose. Still if she mocks me again I will demonstrate my mastery of the dark arts on her. While her family watches. Then all shall learn not to mock me.

As for Jacob's cowardice I shall not run from any threat. I am the master of all I survey am I not going to run from any threat. "bah you may run. But I will not. I do not leap scared of shadows like a child wait yes I do I'm not crazy"

[22:27] Ferrosol shutting down Jacob
[22:27] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:27] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10
giving jacob the condition Coward

I will face down the shadow and bend it unto my will. My destiny commands it!

• Locked thread