Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

if there is an open spot left, i will take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Asiina posted:

I actually miscounted, so Roy you can be a replacement.

No worries...

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I am replacing GG!

somebody give me the run down! i have skimmed the thread and it seems like a lot of people yelling at each other.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

HiipFire posted:

I thought GG was scummy so I expect you to somehow rectify that

Well, I am definitely not scummy. I would have liked to have been though. I've only been scum like once in the entire time I've played.

but if you'd like.. you can call me Michael Lee Aday

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

Well, I am definitely not scummy. I would have liked to have been though. I've only been scum like once in the entire time I've played.

but if you'd like.. you can call me Michael Lee Aday

Because I'm MEAT LOAF BABY!

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

but my recipoop has stuff like chicken and veggies.

(In regards to the use of recipoop. I think calling something a recipe is silly, because after you eat it, it comes out as poop, not pee, hence, recipoop).

Okay..there is my jokephase bullshit. let me read some stuff and we can lynch some scum.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

uranus posted:

i would like to kill this man

why?

i found their summary to be somewhat helpful, and a really simple but somewhat accurate summary of what has been going on, (regardless of general scum reads) which I haven't formed opinions about yet.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

This is just batshit.

And this doesn't help.

it suggests a lack of understanding about what the role of Doctor is. If you have a useful power role, claiming it D1 is usually what happens when they don't want to get lynched. if they were killed and he was a doc, we'd all say "that goddamned idiot, why didn't they say they were a doc."

I can't say I've been around enough lately to metagame people, but i would think that Epislon would know better than those posts suggests.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Why do you want to kill me for summing up a thread?

Sure, it doesn't go into the details of each particular fight, but I think it's an accurate summation.

and a gesture like that generally reads town. there is something to be said for those who attempt to clearly organize information for others to consume. It suggests that they have the good of all in mind.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

uranus posted:

i did not like the extremely waffly nature of it. and how he mentions me constantly but claims not to have a read on me. feels like scum trying to say things without saying anything. 'these guys are posting and arguing! one of them could be scum, but i cant say, come to your own conclusion and vote one of them please!' also picking two players and making forcing it to a 'one of them must be scum!' choice between them is v scummy

i dont know what to make of it.

it seems this time around, you've come out really aggressive... which doesn't quite fit the more jovial Funfia version of you. You have gotten into some tangles with people, and i dont think acknowledging that is a crime. If you don't like being mentioned so much, squash your beefs yo!

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

uranus posted:

well i was scum in funfia so take that into consideration

oh, i do

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

Right now my top scum are probably E+, Somber, Madman, in that order. Uranus also pinged me earlier when he was fighting with GG, but I've cooled on him since then.

##vote Epsilon Plus

i am okay with this..more later trying to hold an infant.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

chaoslord posted:

We know how mafia works. We know we need to come to our own conclusions. People presenting cases can help others come to opinions they might not have considered before, but ultimately that responsibility is on the individual voter.

That is exactly why it's bad. You're not playing mafia, you're just telling us how to. You're not presenting any information yourself, you're just hiding behind "Well maybe they're scum!" and absolving yourself of any responsibility when a flip happens. You won't stick your neck out and put forth an opinion and that's telling.

I am out and about so I can't multiquote, but seriously, everyone, go read Madman's history. It's a string of non-committal hemming and hawwing, lightly shading here and there but never really going anywhere with it. They're refusing to put down an opinion. We're hours from deadline and nothing. Madman is the right vote today.

you are joking right?
all this started because i asked somebody to summarize the game. That is what they did. They made an attempt to summarize the events of the game so far.. so not injecting opinion into it makes a lot of sense.

I think Uranus is over reacting a little bit, but you trying to jump onto that doesn't look too good.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

what... what is even happening...

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

i am going to leave that hot mess aside for a bit

Epsilon Plus posted:

if it makes you feel any better I am also reluctant to describe my food because either:

a. scum have plausible fakeclaims, which is not unlikely

or

b. scum do NOT have fakeclaims, may pick a healthy recipe at random, and may end up conflicting with one of our recipes, leading to a brutal dunk

in conclusion: calm down

knowing that GG is town, I have to say their curiosity about flavor was harmless. Seeing how they got a strange meatloaf, I can imagine being somewhat interested in what other types of flavors were out there. Getting to know the lay of the land doesn't seem like a big deal, it was a member of town trying to gather some information to learn more about the type of game they're playing.

The argument Epsilon makes here is odd.
They say "I don't want to share my flavor" because A) it doesn't matter because scum could have fake claims or B) they might just happen to fake claim a crazy dish an "trap sprung!" but the odds of claiming some obscure dish like a chicken and veggie meatloaf and picking the same obscure dish of somebody else is absurd.

In addition, the last few comments,

Epsilon Plus posted:

sandwolf: can you doctor yourself? can you doctor the same target myltiple consecutive nights?

and

Epsilon Plus posted:

There's no good reason for a doctor to claim D1 unless it's scum trying to draw out a counterclaim. If he claims, is town, and avoids the dunk then he's absolutely going to die N1 unless he can protect himself.

are just kind of silly and weird, and not the sort of thing I would expect somebody like Epsilon to post.

and

Epsilon Plus posted:

False, IMO: town (particularly VT) shouldn't particularly fear being dunked because it progresses the game in a way that a no-dunk does not - players can still win after being eliminated.
this one... in response to Sand showing discomfort about the idea of being lynched, it doesn't feel right. It feels like they were trying to box Sand in and trap them. Telling somebody, if you were town you would be happy to lynched, while you are making a case on them, it doesn't feel right.

##Vote Epsilon Plus

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Not really much to explain. I didn't have a real read on anyone and more just did it for fun.

also woops I didn't know watcher is a role and I look like a serious jackass for not knowing that :(

I don't like the idea of putting somebody within hammer range 'just for fun'.
And while I'm hardly a pro at this, people really are playing like butt this game.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

it also seems to me like Hiip is posting quite a bit, but very little of it contains much of substance.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

TMMadman posted:

If I had wanted to vote for you, I'd have done it already or jumped on the train yesterday. You'll note that I haven't done either of these things, so this statement is very weird.

was it a bullet train?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_-2eabaFQ8

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

my vote is staying where it is. roy is also probably scum with all his 'wow gosh what is mafia' posts.

i am re-reading a bunch of stuff, and I realized I missed this the first time around.

I am all for discussion, but people calling each other stupid and fartstick and bickering with each other, it is really distracting. It is hard to really get a picture of what is going on in the game when the conversation becomes flooded and overwhelmed by this sort of thing. It's not a matter of "what is Mafia" and more of a matter of the game running away with itself.

now we are in Day two, and it seems to be starting up all over again.

Somberbrero posted:

v0v you're just trying to pressure me to out another role.

I am not quite sure where this comes from.. Perhaps I missed it and you can show me, but I don't see where somebody pushed you to share the other piece of information.

I'm not sure where JakeP's statement fits into all of this. Why watch GG/Me?

JakeP posted:

If you were town watcher you would have watched GG, you should have claimed tracker if you were going to come back today with nothing

I also don't get the point of this

TMMadman posted:

How is it weird? JakeP is trying to cast shade on me and saying that somehow I'm posturing to vote for him. I just pointing out that I've had opportunities to vote for him already.

When you make a statement like "i have had lots of chances to vote for you" that suggests that you find reason to do so. (suggesting you find them scummy) but you don't seem very willing to commit to it. There is something to be said for somebody having a solid feel for somebody and making that known, even if they are wrong. Sitting there hinting and feelings but not being clear, it isn't very beneficial to anybody.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Somber believes Jake's pressure is not genuine and is more based in trying to get Somber dunked, at which point whoever visited Somber will have to step forward/Somber will have to ask him to step forward to clear Somber rather than watch town misdunk again, which will out another power role.

Jake clarified that's a typo later because he made the

His entire post history is that way.

Thank you kind sir.

Yeah... i saw where Jake clarified... it slipped my mind as i was going over it.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Actually, pointing out that I have had chances to vote for someone but haven't done it suggests that I think the reasons people are voting for someone aren't correct and that I am leaning towards thinking they are town.

I find it amusing that there are a lot of people in this thread who seem to basically be saying "You're not playing the game the way I want you to play it, this is how you should play it instead!"

I am not telling you how play, do what you want to do.
One of the things that I really look at when playing is, who does stuff that is actually good for town?

When I came in asked for a summary of what was going on, even though I had read the thread, you making an attempt to summarize, the feels very pro town to me. As does Chaos providing clarification for my questions. I don't think it guarantees anything, but it is the sort of thing I look for.

But.. I don't quite see "I could have voted for you lots of times," to me doesn't imply what you say it implies. "I could have voted for you," I would imagine, comes off somewhat threatening. If your intention was to just say, "I think you are probably town because..." you might have saved yourself a lot of back pedaling and confusion. But the approach you take lacks clarity, and that goes against the interests of town.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

chaoslord posted:

People are doing that because it doesn't appear that you are playing mafia, it looks like you're just in a mafia game. Where have you tried to learn the alignment of anyone? If you were to get dunked right now, what solid opinion would the town have left from you to work with? None. You called out seven people as possible scum in one of post. Now you threw down a vote on uranus saying he's scummy. Great. That's much better! Are you going to try to convince other people uranus is scum now? If not, that's your business, but you can't keep acting surprised when people expect you to do the basic things mafia consists of and get on your case about it when you don't.

You aren't casing people and you aren't committing yourself to anything when you can avoid it. If your goal in the game is "live as long as possible", then you're doing great! But if your goal is "Help town win the game", you aren't doing that at all.

and it is stuff like this take makes me like Chaos in this game. At this point I'm finding them perhaps least scummy.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

TMMadman posted:

For the record, I was talking about JakeP, uranus and Chaoslord.

well.. that is what JakeP does.

I've not seen uranus do this before, but i've only seen them play against town, so I dunno what to make of it at this point.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

uranus posted:

roy, hiip, possibly burgandy he's been lying real low this game

Yeah, don't bring me into this mess. I really need some time, which I don't have at the moment, to sit and parse through all of this.

But at a first glance,
You have two people going at it. It is dominating the game and serves as a huge distraction. Nothing is is really being explored and discussed, and this is potentially good for scum. I would thus be inclined to look at some of the people who keep egging this on, looking at the outside contributors to the argument, as it is great smoke screen because the more we push on this, the less scum hunting seems to get done, aside from this one discussion. Also if scum are keeping the fires going, they look like they are contributing to progess but not really

Seeing as how this is a huge distraction, if it comes down to deadline and needing to make a choice, I would be for eliminating one of the two (I ask that I have some time to review before I take a side) mainly as a way to put an end to the distraction.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

TMMadman posted:

If I've got three town votes on me, then how come I haven't been dunked already?

1. If you are scum then scum buddies could be holding back.
2. There is a day to deadline and no rush

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

re-reading all of day 2 right not, putting together thoughts as I do so. I have no conclusions at this point, but here is what i have jotted down so far.

Regarding the Uranus Vs. TMMadman Battle
I am going over all of this post by post again, if I repeat stuff, so be it. I will probably break it into bits, so bear with me.
In terms of day 2, it starts of with Madman...

TMMadman posted:

Why are you so antagonist?
I started a post on my phone responding to Hiip before Somber replied. Hiip asks if there are two killers to which I reply isn't a RB more likely than 2 killers.
Why shouldn't I have assumed that there could be an RB? Since the only thing I knew when I started my post was that Sandwolf was dead and he was telling the truth about being a doctor then assuming an RB blocked him and killed him isn't some major leap of logic.
But, I think at the time, Uranus was asking a legitmate question, and the way they asked it wasn't even particularly harsh or agressive. Madman comes into day two highly defensive, which is a little odd.
Things don't really go anywhere and they die down, until Uranus picks it up from here.

uranus posted:

how bout instead we all work together in a bond of brotherhood and kill madman
Madman gets super defensive again, but Uranus doesn't seem to be explaining themselves all that well initially

uranus posted:

even though it is you who havent given a clear reason why you think im scummy, other than the fact that i think you are scummy. and i guess that i am 'antagonistic' which means i ask questions about what people are thinking.

madmans post history is a just him having half assed either or opinions, and then a bunch of posts of being mad at me for pointing it out. pls read and confirm that im not crazy. thanks.
Chaos confirms it, and I currently feel good about Chaos, and it makes sense too. At this point from reading through things Madman gets really defensive, and it tends to escalate the situation, bringing JakeP into the whole thing.

TMMadman posted:

I don't mind people criticizing my my play style, but my issue is with the overall tone of "play the game this way!"
I'm working on it, but also working on other things and might be going out later. I'm sure someone will claim waiting is scummy (because it often is), but there will be a case for it.
It is weird to say "i am doing somthing that is going to look scummy, but its okay because i'm totally not scummy. Which is sort of a very scummy thing to say, and when they get called on it for a vote, more defense

TMMadman posted:

Ooooh! And there's the OMGUS vote!
I must have touched a nerve.

It seems like an over reaction at this point. There are two really aggressive players in this game, JakeP and Uranus. Up to this point, Madman keeps butting heads with them.

That last post... a lot of this is gut... but it feels like this is what you wanted to happen. I don't feel like it is an OMGUS vote. Uranus's case isn't based on you not liking them, it seems more like they keep looking your direction and you keep over reacting and doing odd things.

more to come... still working through it.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Part 2.
I get the feeling that Uranus finds this more amusing than anything and just starts to push Madman's buttons, but while they might not say it in a way that Madman likes, it makes sense.

uranus posted:

lol what, you weren't even talking about me. do you know what omgus means? or are you just trying to minimize my vote
To Madman's credit, they were gone participating in another challenge, and so being overwhelmed with that makes sense, because i was off doing the same thing for that game.
Part of the case is that Uranus is being somewhat of a dick. (They are, kinda) but this doesn't reveal scum, as much as "I want them to be scum because I don't like them."
Part of the case is dodging flavor talk. - yet, when information is revealed, often times it can prove to be more benficials to the scum, than with town. Now, somebody made the suggestion that we shouldn't reveal in case scum claims our food item, which is freaking absurd, but in the past month or so of playing, I can see the hesitation of not sharing too much flavor out of the gate.
Okay... I can't go over this point by point.
The thing is, Madman is playing way too hard with that post. They try to put together any excuse to suggest that Uranus might be scum, but to be honest it is all really weak stuff. You are trying to create a narrative, but it isn't working.
I have totally done this before.
I did this when playing ABC Mafia a good number of years ago.
I did this when I was scum and poo poo started to pile up on me. I felt that the best move to get myself out of the spotlight was to draw attention to the person who started in on me. If I could discredit them, then their case would crumble as a result.

TMMadman posted:

Also, if my massive post doesn't get Kashuno to move his vote, he's probably the second scum and trying to get the train started on me.

A lot of Kashunos posts reads like he is being coached.

what does this even mean?

The more I read Madman's posts, the more I keep saying to myself, "I played this game."

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

##vote TMMadMan

The more I read of this, the more this reminds me of what happened the time I played scum in that game. I was going to hold off on voting since we had more time, but since Kashuno stepped back, I guess I will take their place.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Roy, go back farther. uranus started to get antagonistic towards me right around the point where you actually join and the biggest one you've already mentioned a while ago was my summary post when uranus simply quoted and stated I'd like to kill this man.

Another thing you should notice that every time someone starts to look his way, he twists through the conversation by being elusive and dismissive of the other person. GG started looking at at uranus and he basically never answers a question GG asks and then as soon as GG puts a vote on uranus, he immediately votes GG. Then later he is dodgy and dismissive again during the dust ups with Sandwolf and Somber, although he's the second vote on Sandman after JakeP but before Sandwolf votes for him. And during this whole dust up with me, he is following the same pattern, be dismissive and vote for the person attacking him.

i have read it.. i just re-read all of it
i know where you stand.

but being aggressive and annoying doesn't make somebody scummy. I just played a game with Uranus as scum. This wasn't how they played in the slightest.
They are not voting for you because you are attacking them.
They are voting for you because you're are insanely defensive. They push your buttons, and you get more defensive. You get defensive about stuff that isn't even offensive to start with.

But I'm tellin' you man, I've been in your seat. I've been in that position. I have written that big long post throwing everything, including the kitchen sink into it, to try and take down the opposition and gain some credibility. I know what it feels like when you push send and say to yourself, "this is what is going to do it." but you played too hard.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Just popping in... I am out most of the day today, but as of right now, I am okay with leaving my vote where it is.

I will be peeking in when I have the chance, but I should be around for deadline.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

No, Roy is definitely going with the flow in a very obvious way. I mean, just look at how wishy-washy this all is.

All this is pretty silly, especially that last post. He's hedging all his votes and rarely if ever actually calls someone scum. The idea that we have to kill uranus or TMM just to be able to ~converse~ is ridiculous.

These things... that you posted.
You posted them in reverse chronological order... which paints a very different picture than had they been in the order in which they happened. I also feel like I am having to explain the way I play this game to people, every time I play. It also neglects to acknowledge that I had (at that point) taken a very strong position on my feelings about Madman and the game in particular.

I don't consider myself a person who is "go with the flow". When i post something, it is typically a bit stream of conscious because I do my thinking will in the process of typing. So when I have a thought, I put it out there. Sometimes I will put pieces together and get passionate about something, other times I am going to put some ideas out into the open and see how people react and respond and adust accordingly.

So the narrative that you posted in that link would be wrong, so allow me to paint the picture for you that you failed to paint for the rest of us.

Initially at the start of the Madman and Uranus situation, I found it to be rather annoying. I found it to be really distracting from what else was happening in the game, and I did make the statement that by the end of the day - should this issue become a huge distraction and nothing more likely to be scum come about, then it would be important to eliminate the distraction. If these two were intending to bicker all day and give a chance for scum to hide out, then the situation is bad for town and needed to be resolved.

The second post you shared took place when Madman was within two of being lynched. 3 votes out of the needed 5. Having read and re-read all of the Madman and Uranus stuff, I came to the conclusion that what I was seeing was very scummy. Seeing as we had 24 hours until deadline, I had no intention of placing a vote on Madman and putting him within range of Hammer. I don't see how making sure we don't move hastily in this game is bad for business. When the vote was pulled, I cast mine to keep it at 3.

The other post was me just checking in at like 6:30 in the morning. I was going to be out all day, interviewing people for jobs. I try to be very clear about what is going on, and my thoughts on things... when I woke up in the morning, nothing had really happened.

I have tried to be very clear and straight forward about what I have been doing/thinking in this game.

doing my re-read of today's stuff now.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

No, Roy is definitely going with the flow in a very obvious way. I mean, just look at how wishy-washy this all is.

All this is pretty silly, especially that last post. He's hedging all his votes and rarely if ever actually calls someone scum. The idea that we have to kill uranus or TMM just to be able to ~converse~ is ridiculous.

And in regards to rarely calling people scum...
I'd rather be RIGHT when I call somebody scum than run around blindly accusing people. People who play with me should be able to confirm this.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

TMMadman posted:

I'm tired of this game, I've got another one going and I'm trying to work on something else.

Doing a re-read of the day's events.
right off the bat, I don't like this. I can understand that the game can be stressful, but I would also say that this sort of approach is very anti-town. Nobody should feel overjoyed about being lynched, it isn't fun, but this attitude suggests that the stakes are somewhat higher when you are willing to walk away that easily. I know you have stepped up your game once the pressure started to fall off... and that reads really poorly to me too.

TMMadman posted:

It's schadenfreude. I don't know how I could possibly be more town. If you don't see it then I'm more than willing to be amused at your mistake.

This totally isn't a town move at all. You mentioned being newer towards the game, but you've played enough games to know better. The job of a town member is to work towards the success of town, even if they turn against you. But that isn't what you are doing and suggesting.

Chaos picks up on it immediately,

chaoslord posted:

Not wanting to tank the game to prove a point is one way

Then you start pushing for Sombrero to talk about who else visited him, which is a TERRIBLE idea. It is bloody awful. FIrst, it is predicated on the belief that you are totally town... which I don't know if I buy. Then you are basically asking us to potentially identify a power role for scum and set them up as a target.

I hate all of this.
I hate all of the things you are doing.
You are so bad for town.

But I am starting to doubt the lynch because if you had somebody on your side to talk to, they would be taking you out of doing all of this stupid poo poo.

Madman..here is what I need you to do.
Make a case on anybody, except for Uranus. The more you can make a case that does not rely on your read of Uranus... the better I am going to feel about it.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

uranus posted:

Nice, case on madman out of nowhere when you've been defending him all game. All it took was slight pressure from somber and Roy is pushing for the vote leader

do you actually read the stuff people post?

you act like i'm swinging into this like a johnny come lately.
i've have a vote on Madman for 24 hours.
Sombrero hasn't pressured me into anything.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

uranus posted:

Nice, case on madman out of nowhere when you've been defending him all game. All it took was slight pressure from somber and Roy is pushing for the vote leader

The more times I look at this, the more bonkers it is.

There was one point where I defended Madman. It was right when I came into the game, when Madman attempted to "summarize" what was going on. The rest of the time, I have been highly critical of what Madman has been doing.

How do you go a day and a half and not notice something like that?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

##vote uranus

Madman is out of control and playing and doing all sorts of crazy things, but if they had people steering them, they would probably be making better moves.

We have a situation where Uranus is playing all over the place, making decisions and throwing votes around that highly suggest they really aren't even reading what is going on. It suggests that they really don't have much interest in the outcome of the game, and they're more interested in stirring things up than finding scum.

I think Madman, the less you say on the issue at this point the better.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

TMMadman posted:

And now he tries to get it back on me. I guarantee lynching me flips town. Can uranus do the same?

seriously..
just stop.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

uranus posted:

i honestly dont know if your'e scum or not madman, all i know is you are bad for the town and are the only shot it seems of me not getting killed.

at this point, what have you done that is good for town?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

uranus posted:

read mad mans posts and tell me he's 'playing mafia' more than me. im actually trying to find scum instead of tunneling on one person like a lunatic. hes acting like a lyncher with the level he's twisting every post i make.

i think his case is over the top and too focused and that he really needs to just shut up and stop talking about it for awhile.

but you have been all over the place. You are throwing cases around on everybody and anybody, it is careless and it is reckless. You went after me, attempting to make a case based on two comments I made within the first hour of my being in the game, disregarding a day and a half of real posting. its weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

TMMadman posted:

I assure you, I am very much playing this game.

uranus posted:

no you are not. you're activily avoiding giving any input about any player in this game besides me. that is not useful.

if we lose this game,
its because of both of you.

• Locked thread