Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd like to play :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Confirming that I'm one of my favorite foods. :cool:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##vote King Burgundy
Close enough to burger king.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I love coffee fwiw, it's my life blood, but I don't know how good it actually is.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm a fowl loaf.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Joke or Soft Claims
uranus - Coffee
JakeP - Massive Tub of Lard & Chips for Dipping (flavor can barely be considered food - cauliflower rice dish)
King Burgundy - Claims he's healthy & delicious but he doesn't like his ingredients.
TMM - What about pecans? comment. Pecans?
Somberbrero - Seasoning profile lacking, still food
GG(Me) - Fowl Loaf

Strange Responses
TMM - About not wanting to kill KB. Newer player, but still strange.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HiipFire posted:

yeah please point out potential soft claims so that scum can spot power roles good one

I get what you're saying, but scum playing the game could just as easily pool the information together themselves. Keeping track of this stuff will be useful and will probably make outing the scum easier.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HiipFire posted:

##vote GG

OMGUS

##vote HiipFire

What's your dish anyhow?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
uranus what type of coffee are you? special beans? any creamers?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HiipFire posted:

crust-less mini quiche

What's a vegetable in your recipe?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HiipFire posted:

green onion

##unvote
I think your answer is good enough for me. I'm getting too speculative about things I'd have no way to verify.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Kashuno

Of all the posts, Kashuno's seem most artificial at a glance, also no reference at all to their own food. TMM hasn't outright breadcrumbed, but his posts seem genuine.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HiipFire posted:

I was honestly voting him more to see his reaction than thinking he was scummy for posting the list

im trying new things okay people please

I feel this, I'm trying something new this game too.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Joke or Soft Claims
uranus - Coffee
JakeP - Massive Tub of Lard & Chips for Dipping (flavor can barely be considered food - cauliflower rice dish)
King Burgundy - Claims he's healthy & delicious but he doesn't like his ingredients.
TMM - What about pecans? comment. Pecans?
Somberbrero - Seasoning profile lacking, still food
GG(Me) - Fowl Loaf
Sandwolf - Said their food was easy to make and that they could make it for lunch with a banana and apple. Could be a vague setup, but it's a crumb regardless.

Strange Responses
TMM - About not wanting to kill KB. Newer player, but still strange.
Kashuno - All of their posts so far. Just read them.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

This is Kashunos first game on these forums so I won't vote him today

Wasn't aware of this and that makes the posts make more sense to me.

Fowl loaf is delicious. I make Fowl Loaf about once a month:

quote:

Turkey Loaf Balls/Cups
1 lb. Ground Turkey
3/4 - 1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
1 medium carrot, 1 zucchini, 1 red bell pepper and a small onion put through a processor or finely minced. Still some chunk to it though.
1 - 2 tspns of Worcestershire's sauce.
Half a cup of ketchup or your favorite BBQ sauce (if desired; you can cook these balls without any sauce, just be sure to season them appropriately)

I recommend you lightly salt and pepper these, but I've also used Old Bay Seasoning, Soy Sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce and various Chili Powders depending on the sides.

If you have a baking sheet, ball them up into to palm sized balls. I got big rear end mitts so just ball them up into balls your comfortable with. Space them out about 2 inches and let them bake for about 15-20 minutes on 375 - 400 degrees. Cooking time and temp may vary, but not by much.

If you have a cup cake pan, spray or wipe the cups with some olive oil and pack em' with your meat concoction.

Bake like 25-30 minutes on from like 350 to 375.

I've got a ghetto oven so I just eyeball and check the foods often.

It's good though.

You can dress it with freshly grated Parmesan if you're feeling a G, or pineapple puree.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

uranus posted:

easy way for a scum to try to appear towny and helpful while actually contributing zero or less than zero to the game

The only difference is, I'm making an effort to generate content. I understand your concern, but it's misplaced.

Also what type of coffee are you?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

quote:

Turkey Loaf Balls/Cups
1 lb. Ground Turkey or 1 lb. Ground chicken or finely separated baked/broiled chicken
3/4 - 1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
1 large egg
1 medium carrot, 1 zucchini, 1 red bell pepper and a small onion put through a processor or finely minced. Still some chunk to it though.
1 - 2 tspns of Worcestershire's sauce.
Half a cup of ketchup or your favorite BBQ sauce (if desired; you can cook these balls without any sauce, just be sure to season them appropriately)

I recommend you lightly salt and pepper these, but I've also used Old Bay Seasoning, Soy Sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce and various Chili Powders depending on the sides.

If you have a baking sheet, ball them up into to palm sized balls. I got big rear end mitts so just ball them up into balls your comfortable with. Space them out about 2 inches and let them bake for about 15-20 minutes on 375 - 400 degrees. Cooking time and temp may vary, but not by much.

If you have a cup cake pan, spray or wipe the cups with some olive oil and pack em' with your meat concoction.

Bake like 25-30 minutes on from like 350 to 375.

I've got a ghetto oven so I just eyeball and check the foods often.

It's good though.

You can dress it with freshly grated Parmesan if you're feeling a G, or pineapple puree.

Turkey Fowl, junglefowl w.e.

I learned that Turkey is not traditional fowl today. I apologize for being dumb.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote
Didn't know Kashuno was new.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

uranus posted:

why are you so interested in flavor

Why are you so against answering the question?

I think reflecting on the type of foods we are early on will give us an advantage in trying to filter out scum. I feel like scum will have a better chance to fake claim and play off of flavor as the game continues.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

uranus posted:

i think your an idiot if you think the scum dont have fake claims. even if they didnt have fake claims you've given them enough info already to easily make up some weird health food on their own, and cross check against your list so they dont pick one someone else already has.

how bout you tell me who you think is scum instead of going around collecting flavor

Your logic is flawed here. I didn't give them the info. It was out there. I didn't just assign people these flavors, this is what people have crumbed.

While it may seem unconventional it doesn't empower the scum as you're stating.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

uranus posted:

seriously this is such a bizarre statement. is it just this game that you think analysing flavor is any use at all? or do you do this in every game? in what world would this be the first thing you think to do, collect everyones flavor an expect it to mean anything or be useful at all. very fake. would kill

This post contradicts your last about helping the scum.

Either my collecting of flavor is dumb or it's helping the scum. Which is it?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Furthermore, a breadcrumb, especially these breadcrumbs, in no way shape or form indicate power roles or anything of that sort. It's just types of food and we've all been forthcoming about our food. Your reluctance to describe your flavor and your subsequent responses are pinging me hard right now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Furthermore, a breadcrumb, especially these breadcrumbs, in no way shape or form indicate power roles or anything of that sort. It's just types of food and we've all been forthcoming about our food. Your reluctance to describe your flavor and your subsequent responses are pinging me hard right now.

not we've all, but a number of us*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

if it makes you feel any better I am also reluctant to describe my food because either:

a. scum have plausible fakeclaims, which is not unlikely

or

b. scum do NOT have fakeclaims, may pick a healthy recipe at random, and may end up conflicting with one of our recipes, leading to a brutal dunk

in conclusion: calm down

The thing to take away from the interaction with uranus and I is that there is a contradiction in his logic.

My flavor requests get called out as scummy, fake and helpful to scum, but he immediately turns around and calls it useless.

Seems like he's just trying to discredit it early on.

Just knowing a few details about the dish won't lead to brutal dunks IMO.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

i agree with this

even in the recently finished game I played with GG where everyone is a rolecop and a tracker, the last remaining scum did this exact thing, making some weird effort chart to post, but not actually making any reads based off of it

the last remaining scum meaning the game was beyond D1, doesn't really apply here.

Weird effort chart? I made a chart that cataloged softclaimed flavor. There's no reads to really make yet.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

lol it can be both

Yes, but his contradiction is the bad thing here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Yes, but his contradiction is the bad thing here.

He makes it out like it's a scum tell, then says more or less that it's useless for all. I personally think the flavor hunt is mostly harmless and uranus's reaction to it is less-than-town in my eyes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

uranus posted:

youre an idiot who is grasping at straws. or are a boop beep logic robot. it is useless, because flavor is meaningless.

under the rare scenario that scum dont have fake claims, then it is helpful to scum

I am an idiot, and I'm trying to generate content which I think I've done. Beep boop bop boop. Target Acquired.

You're insulting which is good to a point in the game, but eventually it just makes you look like you're trying to avoid answering questions, or you know, actually being helpful at all to the game and comes across as scummy.

It's not aggression, it's a tactic to shut people down, but as we've both said, I'm an idiot. You'll have to try harder.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

uranus posted:

i didnt mean to hurt your feelings ghost man. lets let bygones be past and kill hiipfire together

lol I'm not hurting my dude. I still think you're suspicious. You're a hard read. I think Hiip might be town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

Did you guys know that some people go fishing just for the halibut?

I read this for a really long time earlier like it was some encrypted message. I felt dumb afterwards.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote uranus

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

uranus posted:

try to describe why you're voting me without sounding like a scumlord.

I'll do my best. I'd like it if you could return the favor :allears:

I am voting you because I feel the way you reacted to my flavor curiosity is strange. I admittedly think Flavor cases are weak, but I felt in a game where eliminating bad foods was a necessity it would be in our interest to get a general feel for our collective flavor.

So I compiled a list of what had been crumbed so far.

I don't see how answering a few questions about your "coffee" is in poor taste or role fishing, because it's all flavor and you yourself think it pointless. Why overreact?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also it's Day 1 and I'm trying to generate content, make early reads.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

"flavor cases are weak but I want to pursue them in a game where town flavor is immediately obvious based on context, bluh bluh"

GG I think you're the one overreacting them.

:rolleyes: yeah that's uh, that's what every single person is doing during every day of Mafia, spelling it out doesn't make you look any better than anyone else

Really, I thought we were just making bad jokes and then nothing else? Seemed pretty quiet if you ask me.

I'd take these counter points more seriously if you elaborated them without bluh bluh's and stuff. Your credibility is lost in your cleverness.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

Meh, feels like a town slapfight to me.

So you think none of the active posting players are among the scum currently? Or this instance in particular just seems like a town slapfight?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think it's unlikely that all of the scum are lurking.

I could just be paranoid :tinfoil:

...but I don't think so.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

GG how come if you are trying to assemble an accurate list of claims you didn't adjust my joke claim of bucket of lard with my real claim of riced cauliflower fried rice which I even corrected you on in between revisons

Like it doesn't seem like you are even trying to accurately maintain the list, but rather are just posting it to post something

I also think that sandwolf is scum

(not saying i think GG is scum, but i find his posts suspect and am leaning scum on him)

Sorry, skimmed over your corrections, but the cauliflower stuff was listed in the list. Go back and check it. Its a joke and breadcrumb list. I often see jokes used as something to fall back on by scum. Not saying I think you are, but I included what I saw. If I omitted anything, it wasn't intentiomal.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Manning a grill for most of the day. I'll check in periodically.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

chaoslord posted:

Deadline is Monday so not in a particular rush. What're you grilling?

Turkey burgs, turkey dogs, regular burgs, regular dogs, some spicy sausage, maybe a few steaks.

My gf's family gets together often and cooks out and my GF and I haven't returned the favor in a while.

I'm always getting delicious fajita or phở from them, so it's our turn. Should be a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I won't be cruel. The grilling went good though. Someone marinated some unholy pork ribs. Unfortunately, I was spared their magnificence.

• Locked thread