Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Thanks for the memories VGCW. :unsmith:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/JustinRoberts/status/862163475468099584

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ill see a chunk of ya's sunday for Hank Hill's favorite show

The fact we managed to get Justin loving Roberts was amazing though.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Haven't really got around to watching it in the last few years due to work taking up VGCW time. But, for one last time:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
HELL YES

That was an amazing show, I dropped asleep at the very end (like midway credits), and still have the post-show to catch up, but goddamn this was a riot. A proper sendoff to the VGCW.Good job TOH, a very good run, even though it did feel a lot different to Bazza's run, but both of you delivered hours upon hours of fun and

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:q:

:unsmith: thanks fits

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Short and sweet:

A mass of fan service is the best way VGCW could have ended. Zubaz may not have won... but Bikerdorf almost made up for it. And all those other matches were great in the most 2K14 way possible. VGCW did win tonight :unsmith:

Thanks TOH, Kryptik, Bazza, and everyone else I don't know the names of for putting it together.

Thanks fits and all the other recorders who actually let me watch the main show's insanity for all these years.

I look forward to continue watching wherever WVGCW, EDBW, BWA, and anything else that comes out of this happens to go.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
You're not going to be messing with the Youtube Channel....right?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bloodly posted:

You're not going to be messing with the Youtube Channel....right?

If you mean the VGCW Network channel I'm pretty sure I heard TOH say that's not going anywhere. It still hosts W-, EDBW, and BWA after all. There was also a offhand mention of getting the Bazza era archives uploaded to it during the Q&A after End Game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

this is probably a crapshoot, but does anyone have a video of a match between Scorpion and someone else (i think it might of been sanshiro?) where the non scorpion dude was just whooping his rear end when burning ranger started playing, and when the sax solo started, Scorpion was able to turn the tables for a win?

i think it was 2013 or 2014?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Roobanguy posted:

this is probably a crapshoot, but does anyone have a video of a match between Scorpion and someone else (i think it might of been sanshiro?) where the non scorpion dude was just whooping his rear end when burning ranger started playing, and when the sax solo started, Scorpion was able to turn the tables for a win?

i think it was 2013 or 2014?

Unfortunately a lot of the older streams have been taken down and have yet to be reuploaded.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Vengarr posted:

Unfortunately a lot of the older streams have been taken down and have yet to be reuploaded.

i ended up finding it. turns out it was against sanshiro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UIOKxHJBpA

he gets up at 9 twice. :popeye:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep7a_Zl74uk

in a bit

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Another Week of BWAAAAAAAAAA on now if youre interested

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Kitty production values

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
BWAAAAAAAA coming on in another 30

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shoenin posted:

BWAAAAAAAA coming on in another 30

Finally managed to catch it live, thanks for the weekly reminders!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HCdplUGtw

Bryn posted:

After far too much preparation, and with ever increasing expectations, the season 8 finale, WVGCW Breakd∞wn,
will be going !LIVE! on Friday, June 2nd one hour earlier than the standard VGCW timeslot: 6PM Eastern / 3PM Pacific.

This will be my last show as "general manager" / head or creative / overambitious editor / man who buries your favorites in plot deaths. These last 4 years (too long) have had plenty of ups and downs, but I’m still glad to have produced a show of varying levels of quality for that long.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the show.

Along with a unique introduction, disc change, and credits sequence, here’s the card:

The :LinearTitle1: Linear Title is once more on the line with Terra Branford attempting to defend it against an unknown opponent in a ⅔ Falls Match.

WVGCW has been suffering sporadic backstage attacks from a parasitic creature known as SA-X. Last show it was revealed that the one controlling the creatures was apparently Shantae’s friend Rottytops! Tonight, Lightning, Samus Aran, and Franziska von Karma will forge a plan to combat and counter the parasite for good.

Tina Armstrong has been fed up with the wave of ‘new blood’ seemingly waltzing in, getting fluke wins, and unjustifyingly propelling themselves up the card. She recently picked a fight with a confused Aqua, who, with support from her new friend Terra, accepted tonight’s challenge: a ⅔ Falls Ring of FIre Match!

Chie Satonaka, having been undefeated at Breakdown, could have any challenger she wanted. However, one competitor has.staked claim in this ⅔ Falls Match. Bayonetta has a streak of her own: she has defeated Chie at both of their battles. With Bayonetta on the rise, will Chie fall to the wayside?

Among many feelings shared, the strongest one among these two is respect. The hooligan Poison will try and defend her :CetteBelt: Casualette Championship against Rainbow Mika in a ⅔ Falls Street Fight KO Match. What’s a Street Fight match? Oh, I bet it’s something flashy!

With thoughts of her past looming over her head, Edea Lee and along with Agnes Oblige (Bravely Second) will face off against :WCoOpBelt: WVGCW Co-Op Champions Jinx and Videl (Dragon Ball GG) in, you guessed it, a ⅔ Falls Tag Team Match. I’m noticing a bit of a theme here...

The WVGCW Project, lead by former GM GLaDOS and former Red Ribbon scientist Dr. Gero, has been under threat of shut down by The Patriots. The Boss, a reformed member, and Faith an involuntary member, will journey to Aperture in a last ditch attempt to sever Patriot ties to WVGCW forever. Their mission: rescue Chell so she can destroy GLaDOS, all the while keeping Gero and his Android 18 duo at bay.

Finally, if we last that long, The Princess from the future, Lucina, will be challenged by Sophitia Alexandra of Athens for the currently greatest active title in VGCW: :WVGCWBelt: The WVGCW Championship! It’s only fitting that this too be a ⅔ Falls Match.

I wish I could have announced it sooner to drum up more hype, but this episode was rather difficult to produce not just from an editing standpoint, but from a force of nature too. Sorry it took this long!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Man, I had forgotten that the Casual, W, and Tag championships are literally all "I don't know who I want to win" matches! Can't they all win?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Someone made a cool promo video for it as well.

Neato.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Shoenin posted:

Someone made a cool promo video for it as well.

Neato.

You're welcome.

Unless someone else made another video.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
CHAMPION
TERROR BALTIMORE

you beautiful bastard you

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Shock Trooper posted:

CHAMPION
TERROR BALTIMORE

you beautiful bastard you

There's another Easter Egg in the line-up of potential opponents.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

GREAT WRES will start in 6 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HCdplUGtw

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN

preshow is on, get in

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
terra doesnt give a poo poo

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
WELP

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
gently caress EVERYTHING

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
That killed my interest to watch the rest of it.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
maybe terra should have given a bit of a poo poo

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ivy is the best. :allears:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Samus did it

She stopped the SA-X threat

and now a Shantae Bossfight

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
TERROR DOUBLE BOOKED

INFERNO

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
OH MY GOD WHAT IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
The State of Terra

:(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Great night to be a Terra fan.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shock Trooper posted:

OH MY GOD WHAT IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It sure did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE