Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There's a clip from an old old show that I can't seem to find anymore. It was TMNT's Raph wrestling Snake/Big Boss and as Raph takes over Way To Fall starts playing and there's a huge pile driver that syncs perfectly with the song. Snake went on to lose that match if I remember correctly. Anyone know where I could look/what match I'm talking about.

Here you go. Timestamp at 41:30 if the link doesn't work. Whole match is pretty good.

However, if you REALLY want to see a Snake match with amazing sync, watch Duke Nukem vs Snake in a Cage Match The entire ending sequence is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
Duke vs Snake is absolutely a match for the ages. Back in '13 they were some of the bigger jobbers in the league, particularly Duke, but the match they put on told one hell of a story. Easily one of the better matches of the '13 era.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

New thread smell? New thread smell.

I'm ready for the AttiTOHde Era, brother!

I can't wait to see how all my favorites disappoint in the new season.

At least we still have TUESDAY.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Prozach posted:

Here you go. Timestamp at 41:30 if the link doesn't work. Whole match is pretty good.

However, if you REALLY want to see a Snake match with amazing sync, watch Duke Nukem vs Snake in a Cage Match The entire ending sequence is incredible.

Thanks! The moment is at 44:10 if anyone's interested. This is the first non-Royal Rumble thing I saw on Baz's channel and it's what got me into it. Raph was sort of new at this point and this brutal beating instantly cemented him as a heel.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 13, 2015

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Wyvernil posted:

(note to OP: Might want to swap those images out for slightly smaller ones. Leave the table-breaking for the wrasslers.)

Anyway, VGCW is back under new management. Time to see whether it shines or if it's ruined forever.

Here's the current VGCW roster, as of the end of Season 10:

VGCW
GM: Gary Oak
Real People: Chief Arino, Segata Sanshiro
Nintendo Characters: Bowser, Toad, Captain Falcon, Donkey Kong, Flint, Ganondorf, Groose, Little Mac, Red, Waluigi, Wario
Capcom Characters: Air Man, Break Man, Dr. Wily, Dan Hibiki, Guile, M. Bison, Zangief, Haggar, Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth, Dante
Sega Characters: Sonic, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman, Toejam and Earl, Kanji
Konami Characters: Dracula, Solid Snake, Senator Armstrong, Goemon, Ebisumaru
Square Enix Characters: Barret Wallace, Sabin, Kefka, Adam Jensen
Other Characters: Duke Nukem, Ezio Auditore, Octodad, The Heavy, Scorpion, Johnny Cage, Billy and Jimmy Lee, Illidan Stormrage, Travis Touchdown, Professor Layton, Zubaz
Anime Characters: Nappa, Vegeta
Support Characters: Seifer, Raijin, Fujin

You should get a new monitor if a 1200p image is breaking your tables.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Rooting for Kanji, hope he gets a good run with the belt.

Though maybe Phoenix will finally get his shot...

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'd like Kanji to win, but if he does that cements Sabin as the least credible champ of modern VGCW.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't like Sabin so I wouldn't mind, but I fear that being so fast-tracked to the title could be potentially damaging to Kanji's career if he does take it. I'm probably just worrying about nothing but I can hear the cries of 'overpowered' and 'overpushed' all ready.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't like Sabin so I wouldn't mind, but I fear that being so fast-tracked to the title could be potentially damaging to Kanji's career if he does take it. I'm probably just worrying about nothing but I can hear the cries of 'overpowered' and 'overpushed' all ready.

He's too anime you see.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Anyone who talks poo poo about Kanji is a loser nerd that deserves to get shoved in a locker.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd be more hype about Kanji getting the belt, since honestly he's probably going to break Sabin in two, if he'd done stuff besides just ask for a title shot and then win one in a match his side were the clear favorites in. Rather than over-exposed, he's not been exposed enough in plot yet I feel.

Also his matches have all seemed kinda samey since coming to VGCW.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Kanji has been meh since he got called up, but as someone who hates Sabin more than anyone else on the roster and even wagered a glass-eating bet on him (and won :) ) I hope he suffers in the most embarrassing ways possible. Becoming literally the worst champion in VGCW history would be cathartic for me.

But I'm a selfish bastard and I know that's probably the worst case scenario, so hopefully for his sake he wins.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kanji's match with Cage was really good.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Kanji's match with Cage was really good.

Yeah. A shame when he beat Dante in singles by Dante just mysteriously falling over. At least Kanji had the good graces to entertain the crowd by wrestling the invisible man for a bit afterward.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Yeah Kanji's had good matches. The fight with Snake was good too.

He just doesn't have any real character at all (yet), and even though I know TOH knows Persona he's still difficult to distinguish from other tough guys on the roster unless you turn the ambiguously gay parts up to 11.

e.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Please don't do this. Like, feud him with Ebisu maybe at some point but there's more to Kanji's character that hiimdaisy memes.

I trust TOH on this, though.

A feud with the Bullies would be perfect.

Prozach fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jul 14, 2015

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Prozach posted:

He just doesn't have any real character at all (yet), and even though I know TOH knows Persona he's still difficult to distinguish from other tough guys on the roster unless you turn the ambiguously gay parts up to 11.

Please don't do this. Like, feud him with Ebisu maybe at some point but there's more to Kanji's character that hiimdaisy memes.

I trust TOH on this, though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Prozach posted:

You just turn up his is actually a really nice guy traits. Like Duke keeps suspecting him of being a punk although he keeps helping old ladies cross the street, or he makes a scarf for Zubaz because the dude keeps getting poo poo on or something. He's not so bland a character than he can be summed up just by "is a tough guy and is mistaken for gay sometimes".

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Prozach posted:

A feud with the Bullies would be perfect.

This applies to mostly everyone though.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

I'm just coming at it from the point of view of someone who hasn't played Persona 4. I have, so I know that he's more than just gay jokes and raaah so angry, but others might not get that.

I know that he's arguably the best party member in terms of being interesting, but he's pretty complex for a wrestling show. At his most basic he's a tough guy with a heart of gold, but that doesn't make him distinct. But at the same time, to actually explain his core character you've gotta explain how he grows up with his single mother where they both run a textile shop, which fostered his love of making crafts and knitting, but enjoying feminine activities while being a guy made him confused so he puts on a tough guy exterior, but even then he's only a dick to guys that are being dicks to others, and there was the time he tried retrieving a little boy's stuffed rabbit that he lost in a river but decided to knit him a new one from scratch, and goddamn it just play Persona 4 you'll get it.

He's tough to nail if you're writing for an audience that isn't already completely familiar with what his actual appeal is.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Prozach posted:

I'm just coming at it from the point of view of someone who hasn't played Persona 4. I have, so I know that he's more than just gay jokes and raaah so angry, but others might not get that.

I know that he's arguably the best party member in terms of being interesting, but he's pretty complex for a wrestling show. At his most basic he's a tough guy with a heart of gold, but that doesn't make him distinct. But at the same time, to actually explain his core character you've gotta explain how he grows up with his single mother where they both run a textile shop, which fostered his love of making crafts and knitting, but enjoying feminine activities while being a guy made him confused so he puts on a tough guy exterior, but even then he's only a dick to guys that are being dicks to others, and there was the time he tried retrieving a little boy's stuffed rabbit that he lost in a river but decided to knit him a new one from scratch, and goddamn it just play Persona 4 you'll get it.

He's tough to nail if you're writing for an audience that isn't already completely familiar with what his actual appeal is.

Yeah but that's like any complex character.

Really he probably shouldn't have become #1 contender so fast so he could actually establish himself. I suppose he can get plot as champion though!

TJ&E should totally win the tag titles though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Prozach posted:

I dunno he's not that complex. In essence he's a tough guy who's a huge softy, it's a pretty common trope. It gets more fleshed out in P4 of course, but you can do a lot with that basic premise to differentiate him from the other dudes on the roster.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Reminder that Tonight is the First Night of the Attitoh'd Era.

We're starting at 7 Eastern, right?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Go RV! posted:

Reminder that Tonight is the First Night of the Attitoh'd Era.

We're starting at 7 Eastern, right?

Yep! Remember to join us in IRC, it promises to be a good night.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Yep. 7pm Eastern, 6pm Central, 5pm Pacific and Midnight at the Correct Timezone.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Wordybird posted:

Yep. 7pm Eastern, 6pm Central, 5pm Pacific and Midnight at the Correct Timezone.

You said Eastern twice, and got it wrong the second time.

:smug:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Wordybird posted:

you missed montain :ssh:

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

fits posted:

you missed montain :ssh:

Oh no not the viewers in Wyoming!

(...and BRYN.)

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Prozach posted:

Oh no not the viewers in Wyoming!

(...and BRYN.)

and me :colbert:

(but more to the point its 5 mountain 4 pacific, not the 5 pacific he listed)

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Look buddy, maybe if you Americans stuck to a single, unified timezone instead of all these piecemeal times that make no sense we wouldn't be in this position.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Wordybird posted:

Look buddy, maybe if you Americans stuck to a single, unified timezone instead of all these piecemeal times that make no sense we wouldn't be in this position.

im sorry that our country is not some tiny, insignificant lovely suck rear end island that you can walk across in half an hour.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Now now lets not aggro each other over time zones

We can just agree Time is a cruel mistress

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
And that she wounds all heels.

Anyway, speaking as someone who never played any Persona (yes, yes, I know, heresy etc.) he was an odd draw in the first couple of EDBW matches for me, but his visual design was interesting enough for me to just Google his barebones bio for context that wrassle-plot can't necessarily get across. So the premise doesn't need to be nailed at a precise level, just throw enough tidbits in there to get people interested enough to go fill in the gaps themselves.

Hell, it worked for me and Iron Tager.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
All I really know is where mostly everyone uses swords, axes, bows, magic fans, some other poo poo(Teddy), Kanji uses a loving chair in a fighting game (That ive never really played <_<)

He's alright in my book.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Is this still on Bazza's Twitch channel?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Is this still on Bazza's Twitch channel?

Yes.

New loading screen too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah. They plan on moving to http://www.twitch.tv/vgcw eventually but there's no rush.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Man, Balloon Fight music will never sound the same any more. :smith:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

:smith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Awful lot of beaches on these loading screens. Time for some sun, surf. and relaxation. :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
All this Iwata memorial music ;_;7

• Locked thread