Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Hmm will you be able to infect other players with virtual aids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

Eonwe posted:

this is one of those questions that gets sorted out after they have your money

Seems legit sign me up.

Seriously though I bet someone will make 5 digits flipping pixel real estate for this crazy scam.

EDIT: Wait they are actually selling respect as a currency. This is going to be loving spectacular.

quote:

The currency players can buy is called the SP, or Standing Point. As you might expect, you can use SP in lieu of in-game gold when needed, but that’s not really what SP is for. As the name suggests, SP is a way to track who is invested in the world: People with SP are people who have a standing in Theleston and care about its future.

The Marauder fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 13, 2015

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Eonwe posted:

this is one of those questions that gets sorted out after they have your money

I painfully sat through the 3 part interview from mmorpg and I still don't know what the game is about.

They said they're quickly making assets without thinking much about what they're doing yet, and that later they're really confident they'll put actual effort into that soon.

Players have karma, towns have karma, karma effects if towns are destroyed or how the world reacts to towns and players - but they're still trying to nail down the system but they're really confident they'll figure it out soon.

They plan to have GMs on every server that act as gods and can mess with players though (they're unclear how they're going to staff this but they're really confident they'll find a solution to that soon) they'll serve the role of banning trolls in their murder sex simulator.

Also there will be mobile minigames to level up skill points on characters so if you want to play the same minigame over and over you can level that skill but they don't want it to become boring and they're really confident they'll find a solution to that soon.

Also players will be able to import their own models into the game but it has to go through Q&A review so it will cost money to import your content into their murder sex simulator but they're really confident they'll nail down the details of that soon.

:sludgepal:

Videogames are now ideas. Buy my idea guys.

redwalrus fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 14, 2015

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
So we'll know more in two weeks?

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Incombibulator posted:

So we'll know more in two weeks?

as soon as you buy the $443.27 manse for sale at #1 noble's road they'll tell you all about how much the estates will cost in two weeks :homebrew:

redwalrus fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 14, 2015

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

The Marauder posted:

The invasion has begun and the game isn't even out yet.

Seriously though I'm not sure what to think of this. I get that they are selling virtual houses, but it seems like there are going to be many servers. How the gently caress is that going to work? What if both I and some other nerd purchase #69 Harlot Ave? Or does this mean you own that pixel space ship house on every server?

It looks like the house purchase page thingy lets you pick a server. The real question is can you gently caress and poop at the same time.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Adventure Pigeon posted:

The real question is can you gently caress and poop at the same time.

Are you talking in the game or IRL? Coz I can totally do the latter. :chord:

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

who is the goon that will donate 10k to this kickstarter mmo and defend it onto death

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

jk its me. bring on the poo poo gently caress

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Once you have a complex loving system in your game, that's the only thing that will be in your game. Every expansion will only get worse. Ten years from now, when goons invade and attempt to create a 50 man human centipede, they'll find out that's the most highbrow cultural event in years.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Good god, this is just the perfect storm of bullshit scam MMORPGs. I can't wait to see this spiral into complete chaos. :allears:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It has non-instanced housing? I love housing! :peanut:

https://www.revivalgame.com/store/housing :what:

A basic house costs 200 real life US dollars? ??? Okay, you can get a one room hovel for under $100, but with all the rape I don't want a house where it looks like a stiff breeze will knock down the front door. It also looks like you don't get 'upgradable rooms' in anything less than a house, and it looks like upgradeable rooms are the ones that can be turned into a useful workshop, laboratory or kitchen, so they are probably gating some of the crafting through houses.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

xutech posted:

I don't think they thought through what would happen when a whale (big money player) discovers their expensive house can be destroyed during a world event.

If your house is destroyed it is your own fault if you didn't buy insurance.

quote:

What Is Homeowners Protection?

Homeowners protection is a subscription-based option players can purchase to safeguard their property against the many potentially destructive events than can unfold in the Revival world. With live storytelling and other dynamic features, it is very possible your home could be destroyed in many different ways. To protect against these unfortunate events, players may purchase homeowners’ protection to ensure that their investment will be protected. This will allow them to replace their house at another open location (of equal or lower value) throughout the world of Revival. Players who do not purchase homeowners’ protection will be given a coupon for a credit against purchase of a new house, to help ease the pain of such a loss, but will not be fully reimbursed.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

redwalrus posted:

as soon as you buy the $443.27 manse for sale at #1 noble's road they'll tell you all about how much the estates will cost in two weeks :homebrew:

Don't be a chump. When you buy a house you become a Founder. Founders get a coupon for 10% a future house purchase. So you buy a 'cheap' $36 tenement, so you can save $44 off your $443 manse. What a deal! Maybe you can become a landlord and sublet that tenement to filthy casuals.
https://illfonic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204665445-Founders-10-discount-on-next-home-purchase

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

This is Illfonic taking a good, hard look at the Star Citizen bunny guy and saying "Yeah, that's the audience we want"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Nice to see they gave the guy who made the rape post in the Star Citizen forums the head of their new game development

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Will this allow you to do a remake of swap.avi?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh god, I chuckled at all the idiots who spent money on imaginary spaceships, but party of me really really wants this imaginary house: https://www.revivalgame.com/store/housing/700950 :ohdear:

Luckily I don't have $400 to spend on imaginary houses.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Angela Christine posted:

Oh god, I chuckled at all the idiots who spent money on imaginary spaceships, but party of me really really wants this imaginary house: https://www.revivalgame.com/store/housing/700950 :ohdear:

They are actually pretty houses. It's just that any game with loving is going to have a playerbase that will make other MMOs look like well adjusted human beings by comparison.

The concept itself isn't bad, aside from the shitfucking bit. It's also still just a concept made by a company that has, as of yet, failed to deliver an FPS based on the Crysis engine.

Also shitfucking.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adventure Pigeon posted:

They are actually pretty houses. It's just that any game with loving is going to have a playerbase that will make other MMOs look like well adjusted human beings by comparison.

The concept itself isn't bad, aside from the shitfucking bit. It's also still just a concept made by a company that has, as of yet, failed to deliver an FPS based on the Crysis engine.

Also shitfucking.

even if the community were good the game wouldn't exist either, which is a major barrier to playing it unfortunately

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Recoome posted:

Hmm will you be able to infect other players with virtual aids?

Lovecraftian STD's or bust. They had might as well just go nuts with this poo poo given how terrible the game is going to most likely be. At least then they'll get sales out of morbid curiosity.

And by go nuts i'm talking STD infections that give you seven cyclopean fanged wangs. Or vaginae that act as a portal to a world of unspeakable horrors. Etcetera, etcetera. Ia ia fuckthulhu fhtagn. :cthulhu:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Eonwe posted:

even if the community were good the game wouldn't exist either, which is a major barrier to playing it unfortunately

Yeah. :( I used to play text MUDs and MUSHes and the idea of a RP MUD but with graphics just makes me want to squee. I know it is going to be a disappointing clusterfuck though. It probably won't ever be playable, and even if it is it will be terrible.

On the other hand, I kept playing Archeage for 9 long months because I didn't want to give up my pretty house. I'll put up with a lot of terrible bullshit for a pretty house. I should probably just give up on MMOs and play The Sims.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Archonex posted:

Lovecraftian STD's or bust. They had might as well just go nuts with this poo poo given how terrible the game is going to most likely be. At least then they'll get sales out of morbid curiosity.

And by go nuts i'm talking STD infections that give you seven cyclopean fanged wangs. Or vaginae that act as a portal to a world of unspeakable horrors. Etcetera, etcetera. Ia ia fuckthulhu fhtagn. :cthulhu:

Oh come on, people will be lining up in the rape fields if they think they might catch the STD that gives you a prehensile tentacle dong.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Angela Christine posted:

prehensile tentacle dong.

Don't do what I did and google that. :stare:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Angela Christine posted:

This is what my house looks like IRL save for all of the making GBS threads and having sex.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Republicanus posted:

I just want good crafting with individualized outputs and randomized resource/subassembly effectiveness.

But no, gotta add in all the cthuloid public pissing mangle-faced serial killing, making GBS threads dick-nipple-waving medieval grandma rape simulation-ball room dancing systems.

I just want to craft.

Friend I think you'll find that you are the hosed up one here.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Angela Christine posted:

That wood flooring though

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Think there's a toilet or do you just poo poo on the floor?

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Does it matter? :shrug:

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters

redwalrus posted:

:sludgepal:

Videogames are now ideas. Buy my idea guys.

^this

seems like a good time to be an indie dev, but an even better time to be a small group of devs. people aren't as apt to remember the names of every dev in a company after it goes bankrupt for promising unlimited everything and delivering on none of it. sign on with a new group, rinse, repeat.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Adventure Pigeon posted:

There are no fixtures in any of the houses except for torches. Not even a water pump. So either that is an add on you can buy later, or you're supposed to use chamber pots. You can't see the outside of the houses to see if they have outhouses or wells. An outhouse is just a place for a rapist to wait and catch you with your pants down, so you probably wouldn't want to use them anyway.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/27/revival-is-a-story-driven-sandbox-in-the-making/ That looks pretty good. Too bad it was two years ago, and all they have to show so far is interior screenshots of the imaginary houses they are trying to sell.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 14, 2015

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Angela Christine posted:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/27/revival-is-a-story-driven-sandbox-in-the-making/ That looks pretty good. Too bad it was two years ago, and all they have to show so far is interior screenshots of the imaginary houses they are trying to sell.
So this game has been in "development" for two years and this is the same company that was heading up the star citizen fps module. I bet they went all alien colonial marines on the star citizen developers for this amazing product.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'll buy in during the middle of stage 3 to test the multiplayer sex. Only two years left until stage 6, they better have a lot more than what they're showing.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

https://www.revivalgame.com/funding

quote:

lFonic stands at an interesting crossroads with Revival. We have devised a schedule that is lain out to give us plenty of time to make Revival the game we want to make, without compromise. However, due to limited funding it will take us much longer to get to where we want to be. As we have chosen to do this ourselves, funding Revival will not be an easy task, but our vision is absolutely something that can be achieved with time and patience. When you purchase items and objects early, you help us get Revival made faster. Your participation allows us to put more funding towards a bigger team, technology shortcuts, outsourced assets and more. We will take the long hard road to make this badass game happen, but all of the help we get from the gaming community will only get us there faster. We are not doing a kickstarter or initial fund-raising program for Revival because we want to keep true to our vision, and take the slow and steady road to completion whether or not we garner additional funding.

:barf:

quote:

In game currency relevant to the amount of money spent (amount TBD)
Special permanent recognition of Founder
Free special goods for Founders only, TBD
Priority position in future governance decisions with new cities (guilds, neighborhoods, etc.)
Exclusive chat channel that has direct access to devs all day long. Be a part of our development process.
Free home protection for a certain time TBD
Discount on the purchase of second house

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 14, 2015

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You buy housing on a specific server. Some servers will be free to play, some will have a monthly subscription but there is no info yet on what the monthly subscription will be. What happens if you bought a house on a gold server, but then don't want to pay for a monthly sub?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Life time insurance on your house.

They just have to get some basic bodily fluids physics working and arena commander will be up and running

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Considering they're not really doing anything that can't be achieved within CryEngine's default functionality, I don't doubt their ability to create a game like this, but they better have some side projects lined up and they better be getting some of that Chris Roberts money to sustain the wages for the next two years.

Angela Christine posted:

You buy housing on a specific server. Some servers will be free to play, some will have a monthly subscription but there is no info yet on what the monthly subscription will be. What happens if you bought a house on a gold server, but then don't want to pay for a monthly sub?

This is what bothers me about the whole gold server thing. If I were to spend $30 on a house, that's fine, but will I like the game enough to pay $15/monthly to access my $30 house?

They said the living content stuff is gold server only, but I want to see that in action before I limit myself to that server.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Okay, I think I have a plan: If the game ever comes out and is good, instead of dropping $400 I'll just marry someone with a nice house. Everybody will be looking to hook up to get that 'healthy sex life' buff, so it should be easy.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

This is what bothers me about the whole gold server thing. If I were to spend $30 on a house, that's fine, but will I like the game enough to pay $15/monthly to access my $30 house?

LOL, $30 dollar house. The cheapest unheated tenement room in the most dangerous neighborhood is $34. https://www.revivalgame.com/store/housing/500257 And the crime rating is so high you are basically guaranteed to get robbed, raped and murdered every day. An identical shabby room in a safer neighborhood is $41. A basic furniture package is $5 more.

The smart plan is to seduce a whale.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 14, 2015

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Angela Christine posted:

LOL, $30 dollar house. The cheapest unheated tenement room in the most dangerous neighborhood is $34. https://www.revivalgame.com/store/housing/500257 And the crime rating is so high you are basically guaranteed to get robbed, raped and murdered every day. An identical shabby room in a safer neighborhood is $41. A basic furniture package is $5 more.

The smart plan is to seduce a whale.

Reclaimer posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Reclaimer posted:

:negative:

• Locked thread