Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
still looking for my cuckqueen. got a line on a minotaur who can be our bull. look me up in-game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

kloa posted:

can...can I sex the fish?!

No, they've explicitly said that you can't play the sex mini-game with animals or children. Being the internet they had to spell that out for everyone.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Angela Christine posted:

No, they've explicitly said that you can't play the sex mini-game with animals or children. Being the internet they had to spell that out for everyone.

if they're not trying to snatch up the Second Life demographic who do they think they're making this game for?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Four Score posted:

if they're not trying to snatch up the Second Life demographic who do they think they're making this game for?

The people who thought Second Life went just a little bit too far.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Four Score posted:

themselves

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Why don't people just masturbate. Why do and pay for this elaborate stuff.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vitamin P posted:

Why don't people just masturbate. Why do and pay for this elaborate stuff.

masturbation aid i guess

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

kloa posted:

can...can I sex the fish?!

Dude, no, that's how we get Deep Ones.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

Dude, no, that's how we get Deep Ones.

i just want a mermaid to marry :3:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Ryen Deckard posted:

They're following the Star Citizen model but for people who can just be deviants on second life?

Yeah what is this game doing that SL can't already fulfill for my perverted self actually?

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy

Angela Christine posted:

No, they've explicitly said that you can't play the sex mini-game with animals.

They want to be innovative yet design decisions like this one are already hamstringing them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Another week, another installment of Devblog Fanfiction Digest: https://www.revivalgame.com/blog/39-weekly-blog-update-38-alchemical-salts-and-the-dark-side-of-alchemy This week featuring smuggling and alchemy. Oh yeah, grind those salts baby, grind 'em nice and slow.

Also WIP furniture.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Coming soon: T-shirts! Show your allegiance to a video game that doesn't exist yet! Confuse your friends!

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
basically everyone will just be a seria la killer rapist welcome to video games online in the year 2015 ... these punks need to get a grip and make a real game.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
What if different sex acts gave different, stackable buffs? LF1M for dungeon, need expert blow jobber. Ugh, its so hard to find a good blow jobber in this game, let alone an expert blowbanger for raids. It's like everyone just wants to max out their buttfucking skill...speaking of which my buttfuckbuff only has like 6 mins left, can someone top me off??

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Holy gently caress lesbian casters are so OP, especially with that scissoring buff. Clit plus clit should NOT equal that much spellcrit.

Rough Lobster fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 3, 2015

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Just found our guild banner:

http://bestiary.ca/beasts/beast260.htm

quote:

General Attributes
Bees are the smallest of birds. They are born from the bodies of oxen, or from the decaying flesh of slaughtered calves; worms form in the flesh and then turn into bees. Bees live in community, choose the most noble among them as king, have wars, and make honey. Their laws are based on custom, but the king does not enforce the law; rather the lawbreakers punish themselves by stinging themselves to death. Bees are afraid of smoke and are excited by noise. Each has its own duty: guarding the food supply, watching for rain, collecting dew to make honey, and making wax from flowers.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I am not afraid of smoke, I am a 420 booty wizard, just wait till im buffing you guys with my dilz.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Affliction shirts confirmed

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

So, uh, the lead designer was a TTH podcast today. Regular boring poo poo. Unremarkable . . . except that he's grey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATqTS-Rg9qk

Really grey. Overdosed on colloidal silver grey. Even his beard is grey. I'd think it was a noir B&W filter, but the stuff in the background has colour. I think this game may actually be being developed by some of the uncanny human hybrids Lovecraft wrote about.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It is friday, time for another installment of Devblog fan-fiction theater. This week: A Day in the Life of an Astrologer and Ritual Magician
https://www.revivalgame.com/forum#/discussion/693/weekly-blog-update-39-a-day-in-the-life-of-an-astrologer

quote:

Rhys likes to think of himself as a stargazer. Every night, he uses his telescope and scans the stars. He notes the passage of those that take their own paths across the sky, and do not keep concert with the rest of the firmament. These are the harbingers of the powers known to astrology as the Wanderers. They appear, move across the firmament, and vanish on their own schedule.

Rhys knows that the Wanderers are tied to the events occurring on the surface of Theleston, and that by keeping careful track he may cultivate an understanding of what powers are ascendant at any given time. To many, this would be trivial knowledge. The celestial body known as “Iceflower” is always in the sky for the winter season, the yellow star “Sunchild” always climbs the sky in the spring, to fall in the summer and stay hidden for the rest of the year. To an average yam farmer, the positions of these stars means little more than to plant or reap, but to those with an eye on the occult, the positions of the Wanderers can speak volumes.

Not only do the appearance and movement of the Wanderers suggest to the initiated what powers are active in the world, the Wanderers can indicate which powers can be called upon, when they can be cast out, or what, if any, limits there are on those that seek to wield the most powerful magics on Theleston. Ritual magics are tied to the stars’ position inextricably, and most rituals must be performed when certain celestial bodies are in the sky, and in the right place - lest they fail, or worse.

Nearly a month past, while Nodens’ cold blue Chariot was making a slow traversal of the heavens, the guardian statues in Nightgaunt’s Reach were seen to animate and perambulate the square, and when that cult of Beth-Khalor terrorized Skypass, bolstered by blood magic and killing in the streets, it was by the light of red Ghora, the star called “The Fox” by the Brauggines of Greyshore. Rhys has even read a tale of a great comet called only Nemesis, that legend says will call out to all Great Old Ones, eliciting strife upon Theleston as it passes.

Tonight there is a new star in the sky, one Rhys has not seen before. This is interesting to be sure, but is not necessarily negative. It could simply be that this new body is on a long cycle, and Rhys has never seen it in his time learning to read the stars, or it could be that this star hasn’t before shone in the skies. It’s likely that the thing bears some portent, at any rate. It’s rarity alone suggests as much, but what does it mean? Rhys is curious, perhaps his colleagues in his astrologer’s Charter Organization will know.

Rhys leaves his manse on Ciryth’s Walk and travels to the shared house on Grousewalk Way that his Charter Organization calls home. He is lucky, as today there are two of his associates online, and they are both at the Charter House. After some conversation, the other two take a look at the skies. Indeed one of them, Sten, does know which Wanderer this new star is, having picked the knowledge out of a treatise on the Great Old Ones housed in the Brauggine Abbey. He identifies it as Kyb, or the “Deep Egg” and goes on to relate that Kyb only shows itself when Mother Haedra is awake. Sten goes on to say that Deep Egg sits rolling in a part of the sky that indicates that Haedra has only just awoken, and admonishes the others to watch for her growing influence over the coming days. Rhys leaves, determined to gain access to the Brauggine library and the tags that will allow him to identify Kyb in the future, while Sten and his colleague stay behind to decide what actions, if any, the Charter Organization will take.

Meanwhile, elsewhere on Crowns Rock, a coven of Haedra worshipping ritual magicians have also been watching the sky. The appearance of this new star is one that they’ve been waiting for since Freyda discovered it’s existence in a paen to Headra, translated from a scroll written in a lost city long before the New Reckoning. Freyda paid dearly for the scroll, but now recognizes Kyb when she surfaces from the deep aether. Freyda alerts her own colleagues, a Secret Society dedicated to Mother Haedra.

In twos and threes they make their way to a small beach on the north-eastern shore of the island. Once the nine of them have assembled, their ritual mistress Aloura confirms that all are ready, initiates the ritual circle, and together the coven begins the six-minute ritual that will draw Haedra’s attention and blessings to them. When they have finished Kyb will have slid across the sky and into a position much less salubrious to those that favor the Elder Gods, but Sten is no longer watching, and Rhys won't notice until tomorrow night, when it will be too late.

Are you hyped yet???

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Angela Christine posted:

So, uh, the lead designer was a TTH podcast today. Regular boring poo poo. Unremarkable . . . except that he's grey.

Really grey. Overdosed on colloidal silver grey. Even his beard is grey. I'd think it was a noir B&W filter, but the stuff in the background has colour. I think this game may actually be being developed by some of the uncanny human hybrids Lovecraft wrote about.
haha its a duergar

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

i can't access the website past the titty skeleton so is this the only piece of actual game footage they have

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Putty posted:

i can't access the website past the titty skeleton so is this the only piece of actual game footage they have

Nah, there are lots. On their twitch highlights page you can see fly through of a bunch of houses. You have to skip forward past the first half hour of three nerds talking to get to the good part. Oh, and the guy controlling the fly through is spastic as hell, so I hope you aren't prone to motion sickness. http://www.twitch.tv/revivalgame/profile

Most of the screenshots are just blank rooms, so they are pretty boring. Here are a few of the more interesting ones,

$80 cottage

$80 cottage

$200 House

$400 Manse

There are also a fuckton of pictures of the $$$ Estates. Given their pricing model, the fact that there are only 5 per server, and the way they are hyping them they are going to be at least $1000, but I wouldn't be surprised by $2000 or $2500 at this point.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Angela Christine posted:

There are also a fuckton of pictures of the $$$ Estates. Given their pricing model, the fact that there are only 5 per server, and the way they are hyping them they are going to be at least $1000, but I wouldn't be surprised by $2000 or $2500 at this point.

That... wood flooring... tho...

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010
Those are beautiful homes, if they weren't so ridiculously expensive I would be looking forward to trying this game. But honestly, 200 dollars? What is even the point?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bemis posted:

Those are beautiful homes, if they weren't so ridiculously expensive I would be looking forward to trying this game. But honestly, 200 dollars? What is even the point?

I know, right? Those things are at least double what I'd expect any reasonable person would pay (at least without startcitizen levels of hype). Within a couple months Blackwell (the first US gold server) sold out of all the $200 and $400 homes, and most of the $80 cottages too. They had to open a second US gold server because people won't stop throwing money at imaginary houses. This is a game most people haven't even heard of, that won't be finished for a few years, and somehow they are selling ridiculously overprice game assets. smh

Edit: Oh, btw, you don't even need to buy a house to play the game. Sleeping occasionally will affect your regen rates, but you can rent a room at an inn or even camp out in the wilderness to sleep. Owning a home doesn't affect the price of a subscription to the gold servers, and the FTP servers are free whether you own a home or not.

All that is at stake now is the chance to buy a good house in the first city. (The best houses are already gone). If you buy a house now you become a 'founder' which gets you access to the founder's IRC channel with the devs and access to the beta. The first stage of the beta is supposed to launch next week: An offline client where you can walk around inside any houses you've bought, and rearrange the furniture if you also bought the $5 furniture starter pack. It will be months after that before you are able to leave your house and look around the outside of the city, and months more before you switch to an online client and get to see other players in the city.

If the game is successful there will be other cities with more houses to buy. Possibly better cities, Crowns Rock is supposed to be a small backwater town. But if you wait until the game exists then you don't get to be a founder.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 9, 2015

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
I wonder if there's a video game portion to this maya house builder preview tool

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Reclaimer posted:

That... wood flooring... tho...

Here's hoping the finish can withstand a never-ending onslaught of feces and semen.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
They should give you the ability to play as the house. Lure unsuspecting players into your hungry house door with fake promises of dirty animal sex and contracts to buy even more houses only to lock them in forever. I think they made a movie about this already.

Inoman
Aug 9, 2015
I only play an MMO if it is at least 40% wild grandma orgies. Glad to see somebody is finally selling to my demographic.

tamphex
Jun 21, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

Here's hoping the finish can withstand a never-ending onslaught of feces and semen.

You forgot the piss. Gallons of piss.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
<The Aristocrats> lfm whisper for invite

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Angela Christine posted:

:wtc:

And his webcam cuts out to a static image after the very beginning too. Did somebody call him out on being a blueberry and he was like "gently caress you guys :cry:" and turned it off so they couldn't see?

Shits loving weird man.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I'm already ugly and poor, with a tiny house I can barely afford IRL why would I want to play a game about it.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is gay sex confirmed yet?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Avynte posted:

Is gay sex confirmed yet?

Yes. Sex between any two consenting adult humans is part of the minigame.

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy

Angela Christine posted:

Yes. Sex between any two consenting adult humans is part of the minigame.

B-but what about my fox waifu~

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Zaphod42 posted:

:wtc:

And his webcam cuts out to a static image after the very beginning too. Did somebody call him out on being a blueberry and he was like "gently caress you guys :cry:" and turned it off so they couldn't see?

Shits loving weird man.

Wow he literally is turning into a giant blueberry man like in Willy Wonka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Hit up that video. That actually was kind of disturbing watching him do a white walker impression irl.

• Locked thread