Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
What do you think... I though tit was neat that it cinformed that it was a DKC2 sample on the new Drake album, thought I was crazy for thinking that..

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/837-gamings-best-ambient-tracks/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:o:

Welp, I know what my train ride playlist is going to be for the next...ever.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

The soundtrack to "Earthbound" (released as "Mother 2" in Japan) is one of the most intriguing in the history of games.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

...Yeah, it is. Earth to whatever your name is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dale Ouise posted:

The soundtrack to "Earthbound" (released as "Mother 2" in Japan) is one of the most intriguing in the history of games.

I like the Onett music a lot. That's as far as I've gotten.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I like the Onett music a lot. That's as far as I've gotten.

all of the music is good.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
VGM samples in hip hop music is always pretty funny to me for some reason

Wiz Kahlifa's never been is pretty much just him rapping over Schala's theme from Crono Trigger

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Burial sampled MGS2 in Archangel

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

solar fields... dubstep. lol.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SeXReX posted:

VGM samples in hip hop music is always pretty funny to me for some reason

Wiz Kahlifa's never been is pretty much just him rapping over Schala's theme from Crono Trigger

wiz khalifa has rapped over more than one chrono trigger sample beat

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

memy posted:

Burial sampled MGS2 in Archangel

burial did a post on his website saying that he wasn't going to be working on music for a while because dark souls 2 was coming out lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Immediately following (spoiler alert) Aeris’ death in "Final Fantasy VII",

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Wait, Aeris dies in Final Fantasy VII? Oh man, I leveled her so much.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Fredrik1 posted:

Wait, Aeris dies in Final Fantasy VII? Oh man, I leveled her so much.

Tough luck, pal

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

As a Millennial I posted:

solar fields... dubstep. lol.

extremely hosed up

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

rediscover posted:

wiz khalifa has rapped over more than one chrono trigger sample beat

this hurts my breain,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

eSports Chaebol posted:

this hurts my breain,

Why?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't believe a black guy played the same games that I did as a kid.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

HAha.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You mean the Black Rapper Guy didn't spend every single second of his childhood battling foetal alcohol syndrome and shoplifting? Ouch. That hurts to think about.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gay Thug Gaming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You mean the Black Rapper Guy didn't spend every single second of his childhood battling foetal alcohol syndrome and shoplifting? Ouch. That hurts to think about.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I forgot to emptyquote this and it is good.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Knuc U Kinte posted:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dec 26, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

I guess I have a racist breain

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

haha

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

although to be fair, it was more that the producer who made the beats played chrono trigger, and less that wiz khalifa himself played chrono trigger.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

although to be fair, it was more that the producer who made the beats played chrono trigger, and less that wiz khalifa himself played chrono trigger.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Dec 26, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

In Training posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

le owns

• Locked thread