Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What is SVP saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

an amazing open championship is about to be won by the most boring loving guy on tour by miles. what a wet fart of a way to end it

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
If ZJ is going to win this, he needs to just make it a dagger of a shot. Like, almost hole out.

I don't want to see Louis miss a <10 footer to give ZJ the victory if ZJ two putts.

Edit - Not quite a dagger, but a par is definitely assured.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
drat louis

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Oh my god

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
:negative:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

DJExile posted:

an amazing open championship is about to be won by the most boring loving guy on tour by miles. what a wet fart of a way to end it

I'll set the over/under on references to God in his victory interview at 6, any takers?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59cg62wqpY

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

PGA Championship Thread 2015: Nothing Matters And Everything Is Dumb

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

where were you with the air cannons, scotland? :mad:

don't tell me those are banned too!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I think ZJ cried more than Bubba when he won his first Masters.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I hope Spieth gets super loving motivated and wins the PGA by like 8 strokes

E: More realistically, for a guy to win two majors in a year (one in dominant fashion) and come agonizingly close to a 3rd, and only be 21 years old is completely amazing and what a year it's already been for him.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
DJ shot 75-75 this weekend. Just let that sink in. Leishman made the cut by 1, then shot 130 over two days to make a playoff. If DJ just broke 70 both days, he would have outright won.

I wonder what went wrong.

Worfus
Sep 24, 2007
Highlight of the tournament was Adam Scott missing that 1 footer.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Worfus posted:

Highlight of the tournament was Adam Scott missing that 1 footer.

As an eternal fanboy of Sergio Garcia, I truly can only empathize.

But a box of golf balls will be a swell consolation prize. WHO'S UP FOR THE PGA?!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kameh posted:

As an eternal fanboy of Sergio Garcia, I truly can only empathize.

But a box of golf balls will be a swell consolation prize. WHO'S UP FOR THE PGA?!

Remind me as it gets closer, that'd be fun.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
https://www.lostgolfballs.com is pretty cheap. Lot of people could get in on it for relatively cheap. TP-X balls are ~$40 at a big box store, but $17.99 for 5A quality from LGB.

All who enter must pick a golfer, and the lowest finishing golfer gets a dozen shipped from everyone else.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kameh posted:

https://www.lostgolfballs.com is pretty cheap. Lot of people could get in on it for relatively cheap. TP-X balls are ~$40 at a big box store, but $17.99 for 5A quality from LGB.

All who enter must pick a golfer, and the lowest finishing golfer gets a dozen shipped from everyone else.

Wait, a dozen from each of the other entrants? Because holy poo poo :stare:

e: i didn't read the last 3 words because i'm dumb. Oh man i could be swimming in golf balls

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Sure. We could establish some ground rules, like two people can't pick the same golfer.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kameh posted:

I am down!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I will have my revenge. And I won't limit myself to full Titleist staffers this time :colbert:

(I wanted to pick Louis before the tourney)

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Merica: swept all majors thus far and will likely still get our asses kicked in the Ryder Cup next year

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ironlung posted:

Merica: swept all majors thus far and will likely still get our asses kicked in the Ryder Cup next year

truly it is The American Way :911:

Yeah Kameh make a thread or something as the PGA championship approaches. I'm down for this.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Meh!

Boring but Zach earned it though with those two early birds.

DJ/Spieth will contend at Whistling Straights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Day didn't drop a shot since the 13th on day 2, somehow doesn't win.

Hit par on the final 11 holes... What the gently caress man, that's not fair.

• Locked thread