Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm not sure if I've ever actually read a Goosebumps book but the Attack of the Mutant game was extremely my poo poo, and I think it was the first FPS I ever played. Looking forward to that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The suspense for this actor reveal is killing me :ohdear: Tell me it'll be in the next episode!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I know this game sucks but holy poo poo that was a sudden, wet fart of an ending if I ever saw one. Shouldn't have blown your while budget on Jeff Goldblum I guess.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Oh man, this game. When my family got our first Windows 98 machine we received this game in a small binder along with a bunch of other CD-ROM games as a pack-in bonus. There were some duds in there from what I remember (including the name-dropped Chaos Island, which was a Jurassic Park 2 RTS) but also some gems like Age of Empires 1 and The Neverhood :allears: That CD booklet is somewhere in my parents' basement, I should dig it out next time I home.

As for AotM, I'm pretty sure it was my first FPS, at least on PC. Is there another way into the greenhouse? I remember being really scared of going into the Mutant's office as a kid, there might be a second painting on the 5th floor behind one of those locked doors (which I'm guessing unlocks after the cutscene in the office). And while the game is pretty linear there are a couple of optional floors you have to visit in order to get the whole costume, which took me a while to figure out as a kid.

I also don't remember the facial animations being this weird, but speaking of faces a lot of these voices sound really familiar. The green good guy in particular is giving me a really strong Adam West vibe (I have no idea if it's actually Adam West)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Taoc posted:

(It's Adam West)

Given the campy nature of this game that makes a ton of sense actually.

Taoc posted:

Also I don't think there's any other way into the greenhouse other than the painting in the office. I at least have no idea where it would be.

There are those two doors that look like sewer grates (one takes you to room 509 corridor), in the video I think you tried to open one and it was locked, but after the cutscene I think it unlocks? I haven't played this game in 15 years so I could very well be wrong.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 31, 2015

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Aces High posted:

also C-Euro, if you thought Chaos Island was a dud, guess you should be lucky you didn't get Trespasser :v:

I don't remember if it was outright bad, but I remember just thinking "Eh" when playing it. Plus it was competing for my attention with a lot of other games at that time, not just the aforementioned AoE1 and Neverhood, but this was around the time that Starcraft came out and I also had Myst and Riven on my mind. And AotM, of course.

How did I not really get into PC gaming until 2010?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I love Feedback's design, it's so "what kids think is cool in the 90s"-
-Long, dyed hair
-Large black sunglasses
-Vest
-Hates music that grown-ups like
-Says weird poo poo that he thinks is cool
-Guitar with sharp angles

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
So I don't know anything about the AotM book/TV episode, but I'm assuming that those frogmen don't show up in those?

Also I like how you warp from the 7th floor to the ground floor...only to have the game immediately tell you "hey you need to go to the 7th floor!" And I'm sure I'm the only person who cares about this, but do we even visit every floor of this place? I know the dials above the elevator show what floor you're on but I haven't noticed if we've been to them all

Basement- Printer Room
Ground floor- Entrance
2nd floor- ???
3rd floor- Green maze
4th floor- ???
5th floor- Mutant's office
6th floor- Red maze
7th floor- Art room
8th floor- Control room
Ninth circle of Hell- Chinchilla's lair

There's some sort of weird pocket dimension thing going on here too so maybe the floor numbers don't mean anything.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
You forgot one "ending" - if you wait too long to accept Molecule Man's help, he gets pissy and leaves, then doesn't show up at the end. At any rate thank you for that quick trip down memory lane, I had a lot of fun with this game when my family got its first Windows machine :allears:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
IMO if they don't bring back Jeff Goldblum as the head vampire they've hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I had no idea this was supposed to be based on/associated with the movie.

• Locked thread