Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

This is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Bruce Kison posted:

I dont watch tennis so I'll take your word on that

They did the golf tournament this year and it was loving horrible.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

What was so bad about it? I didn't watch one second of it but I'm curious...

Besides Joe Fuckin Buck, of course.

All the announcers they had were as bad or worse than Buck. Half the time they couldn't keep track of the players, where they hit from, what score they had etc. The only good thing I could say was the actual presentation of the golf was good, they had pro tracer everywhere and mics on the players/caddies a lot of the time. When the announcers shut up it was great.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jesus this kid has some power.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Lol that was awesome at the buzzer he crushed the poo poo outta it.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Crimson Sox posted:

what's the seeding based on? Is it total HR hit this season?

Yeah

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

What were the original extension rules that they changed because of weather? Didn't they add so much time for each ball hit however far?

It was if a HR was hit in the last minute or two the clock stopped if I remember correctly.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Chexoid posted:

Haha jesus christ all these swings are so fast the poor cameraman can't keep up.

If they'd show the crowd catch less maybe they'd be able to show the swings more.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

hasd every first hitter lost? i think so, right?

Yup.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Alright kid put up a big number here.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

First batter should now be able to go into the outfield and anything he catches takes away a HR from the current batter. The more little kids they truck over the better!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Joc would dominate this group if that was an option

Imagine Pujols having to run around out there lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The question could be if they do instant pitch instead of waiting, could someone hit it high enough and then one low and hard enough to get out before the high one got out?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jesus this kid

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

bawfuls posted:

So it's two over 425 that gives you the bonus time right? They should stack the bonus time if you hit 4, 6 etc over that distance.

Joc would've been up there for like 10 minutes!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Holy poo poo this is amazing with the crowd.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Holy poo poo almost had it with no time. loving awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

God that owned so much.

• Locked thread