Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

sticklefifer posted:

I didn't get the point of having Rusev face Cena immediately after the triple threat. Casually beating up on a guy who's just won a war seems pointless. I know it was a vehicle to get Owens back in at the end, but if anything it generates sympathy heat for Rusev of all people.

Maybe Owens beats Cena and that ending is the catalyst for a newly face Rusev to chase him for the belt but then probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

reignofevil posted:

"You all probably expected someone else. Well the THIRTIETH entrant in the rumble.... Is Me".

Michael Tarver?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

duyarvish posted:

I can't wait for Kane's return #KaneKrew

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Michael Tarver?

I was watching an indie show. Michael Tarver was on and when he won the ring announcer struggled to remember his name before finally calling him Mitchell Tarver. That's my Michael Tarver story

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also they did the three faction thing to keep Sasha heel and it makes more sense than 4 vs. 3.

It was actually because Sasha is a huge Dragon Gate mark (further proof that she is the best).

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Suben posted:

Maybe Owens beats Cena and that ending is the catalyst for a newly face Rusev to chase him for the belt but then probably not.

Face Rusev and Summer Rae? What about Dolph, the face who stole his girlfriend and spent 3 weeks taunting him about it until Rusev kicked his rear end?

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

jefferson literally never ignores anything ever, seriously just ignore him completely.

Enjoys not ignores, wtf is up with me

You can't win wrestling in a spreadsheet.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

reignofevil posted:

"You all probably expected someone else. Well the THIRTIETH entrant in the rumble.... Is Me".

"It's me, it's me, it's K-A-N-E."

And then he does a bunch of really safe Diamond Cutters.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Face Rusev and Summer Rae? What about Dolph, the face who stole his girlfriend and spent 3 weeks taunting him about it until Rusev kicked his rear end?

My favorite was when he threatened to break his other leg

Then made out with his ex girlfriend in front of him

I believe at least one of the two actions were cheered

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Rusev has been the main reason I watch the show anymore for the last long time, and after his last little bit being really depressing I marked out pretty hard tonight.

Rusev basically beat cena clean as far as I am concerned and I am happy with it.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
If Charlotte ends up on Total Divas will TNA's new multi year star Bram be on WWE television?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

babyfaces can be assholes if the heel deserves it enough. The problem with Dolph/Rusev is that it is very bad, not that Lana is finally sticking it to her verbally abusive boyfriend who spent a year trying to cripple the midcard

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

duyarvish posted:

If Charlotte ends up on Total Divas will TNA's new multi year star Bram be on WWE television?

Only if Sharon and Lois are part of the deal.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

duyarvish posted:

Oh what a difference a day makes.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

duyarvish posted:

Maybe he'll sign a multi-year contract on the show!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Stephanie here:
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/620818541814632448

duyarvish posted:

They've broken up apparently

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

rovert posted:

Stephanie here:
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/620818541814632448

Becky looks terrified

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dream immediately went back to frowning when he saw Stardust

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

Has anyone made a David Flair-style Stardust tron yet with disappointed Dusty

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

duyarvish posted:

Great, we need another jealous stalker angle.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

oatgan posted:

Hey, he won the match. And those comic book title cards were sick.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Why isn't Heath Slater ever the PTP's third partner :(

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I really liked the NXT call ups. It was an introduction, not a showcase. The only thing I found puzzling was that Sasha didn't have her belt with her. They had Kevin Owens drag his around, why not her?

That triple threat was pretty loving good too. If JBL is the voice of Vince, he seems to be getting behind Cesaro finally.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Stardust is gonna get fuckin' paid and daddy, that's what Dusty was all about brotha.

NXT Divas issues: Stephanie being the savior of wrestling again apparently. Nikki talking over entrances but at least Steph told her to shut up. those introductions were kind of crappy and super pandering. Sasha didn't have her Women's title. NXT divas stand tall was cool, but Steph is standing tall at the ramp and the camera focus on her as the Total Divas theme plays. The whole segment was branded #TotalDivas apparently.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 14, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

rovert posted:

I can't remember, were they actually married or just engaged? Either way, Charlotte's following in her dad's footsteps in more ways than one I guess.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I touched on it on the OP, but how is a Stardust promo any different from a Bray Wyatt promo?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I choose to believe they decided to continue the Stardust angle because they already commisioned a whole pile of title cards and paid for them in advance.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

I can't remember, were they actually married or just engaged? Either way, Charlotte's following in her dad's footsteps in more ways than one I guess.

Ric dated and broke up with Bram?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

I touched on it on the OP, but how is a Stardust promo any different from a Bray Wyatt promo?

Stardust uses bits and pieces from other family memeber promos and is space themed while Bray is spooky creepy swamp man theme

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

Sometimes they have Goldust, and become better

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

I choose to believe they decided to continue the Stardust angle because they already commisioned a whole pile of title cards and paid for them in advance.

Good because I liked those. Seems like Miz is getting in on the Green Arrow stuff too and with Neville deal with Stardust I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Stardust/Miz vs Neville/Green Arrow match.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
The most consistent angle on raw since mania has been Kane being built up as Seth's opponent in a big match. Orton, Reigns, Ambrose and now Brock have all been the third wheel in that program at one point or another. It's the only Summerslam main event that has been foreshadowed. WWE is amazing

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
I did like Stardust throwing "The view never changes" in that promo.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

It really is loving amazing that they dropped that really interesting Goldust vs Stardust CODY IS DEAD storyline because of one bad match on a sub-C tier PPV and denied them a chance for a Mania blowoff for one of the longest running plotlines of the year, but picked up the "talk about random space poo poo," gimmick as if nothing happened.

I mean, maybe people would have been upset when Dusty actually died right after they did a storyline about his son hating him and beating the poo poo out of his other son to get over as an evil heel, but it's not like they knew that when it was happening.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Neville was pushed to job out to stardust

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

they didn't drop ot, they had that good match with a great finish at the PPV before Wrestlemania

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

duyarvish posted:

Neville was pushed to job out to stardust

the man that people sorta forgot already

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Stardust likes playing a super villain and Arnell likes wrestling, so there's really no questioning why the angle is going on. I'd love to see Cody get a guest spot on Arrow. He deserves to be happy.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Ric dated and broke up with Bram?

tna proud to announce that Bram has signed a new marriage license

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

It really is loving amazing that they dropped that really interesting Goldust vs Stardust CODY IS DEAD storyline because of one bad match on a sub-C tier PPV and denied them a chance for a Mania blowoff for one of the longest running plotlines of the year, but picked up the "talk about random space poo poo," gimmick as if nothing happened.

I mean, maybe people would have been upset when Dusty actually died right after they did a storyline about his son hating him and beating the poo poo out of his other son to get over as an evil heel, but it's not like they knew that when it was happening.

Goldust is injured. I think he was talking about comic books this time though.

• Locked thread