Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
google THIS

some people are mad that the current proposed amendment, which will likely be on the ballot this November, will create a weed oligopoly with only ten wholesalers (not coincidentally, the investors in the current amendment) allowed

others are saying any legalization is better than none and that waiting one more year in hopes of a better amendment means waiting through 14,000 more arrests of mostly dark-skinned people and shutting out people who could benefit from medical marijuana, and maybe the admittedly lovely wholesaler provision can be fixed later

I'm leaning toward the latter but I'm not an expert, what do you think byob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Weed is bad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you

Ace of Baes posted:

Weed is bad.

It can be good or bad, like guns

google THIS

Ace of Baes posted:

Weed is bad.

weed bad
bad weed
bweed

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
**still waiting for Delaware to approve my Medical Marijuana application**

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

grandpas drunk

by Ralp
I like to smoke pots

----------------

smoobles

i hope there's a typo and they illegalize ohio by mistake

----------------

bacalou

ohio is already illegal

social vegan

ohio is japanese for good morning mariguana

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
im leaning towards the latter as well

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Piso Mojado

[typical ohio voter] "can you simplify this issue in terms of how this will affect my 2nd amendment rights?"

pig slut lisa

irl is good

also on the ballot is the legalization of masturbating at library computers. this one is much less controversial and is expected to pass by a wide margin.

ron color
phio

social vegan

ohio is english for being surprised by someone and then gretting them

google THIS

Piso Mojado posted:

[typical ohio voter] "can you simplify this issue in terms of how this will affect my 2nd amendment rights?"

the law provides that from now on if you shoot a black man who is smoking weed you will only get off because he is black, not both because he is black and because he is smoking weed

Bwee

i can't pisshio

Piso Mojado

google THIS posted:

the law provides that from now on if you shoot a black man who is smoking weed you will only get off because he is black, not both because he is black and because he is smoking weed

progress!

*Winds of Change by The Scorpions begins playing across Ohio*

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
weed helped me through the nausea and lack of appetite of chemo and radiation but I'll be honest it sucks that our current legalization leans more towards white guys with dreads getting weed cards on flimsy doctors orders and makes it a lot more difficult for little old ladies who actually need it to think its an acceptable medication.

poverty goat

if by legalization you mean creating a weed oligopoly with only ten wholesalers (not coincidentally, the investors in the current amendment) allowed, surely i am against it

the unabonger
yeah because the war on drugs has proven to be a much better option...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

i flunked out posted:

yeah because the war on drugs has proven to be a much better option...

agreed that anything is better than that

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

agreed that anything is better than that

ty manifisto

fuck. marry. t-rex

Uh I'm pretty sure if we do nothing and shoot down any partial measures eventually a perfect dream law will come. That's how the American legislature operates.

alnilam

like i think you gotta break the barrier of legalization however you can to cut off further harm to society of the War On Drugs, then later you can de-regulate the lovely system you set up or something, idk if that's a dangerous way of thinking but enforcement of drug policy is just so harmful to a lot of people that it needs to go even with an imperfect solution, the solution can be patched up later

ty manifisto

alnilam

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Uh I'm pretty sure if we do nothing and shoot down any partial measures eventually a perfect dream law will come. That's how the American legislature operates.

yeah this

ty manifisto

google THIS

I think this article makes some good points

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7647454

and the more I thought about this the more I agree, you can't stick it to the big guys without sticking it to the little guys here

the amendment would still expunge criminal records, reduce arrests, undermine drug cartels, legalize marijuana for both medical and recreational use, allow for limited home grow, and open up retail opportunities.

the major con: you can't run out and start your own weed farm if your name isn't on the law. but really does that tip the scale against this?

alnilam

like, maybe it takes 10 years to amend the law to allow smaller farmers to start up, but that's 10 years of people not getting arrested and having their lives ruined / going into a permanent cycle of recidivism thanks to our society being poo poo to ex-cons

ty manifisto

fuck. marry. t-rex

I hope they reinstitute liquor prohibition because people are still fighting to repeal blue laws and morality-based production restrictions

alnilam

hey sorry u got arrested for weed in 2017 and your life is basically ruined now, but the proposed weed law wasn't ideal from a business perspective

ty manifisto

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I hope they reinstitute liquor prohibition because people are still fighting to repeal blue laws and morality-based production restrictions

that would really stick it to anheuser busch so I support this

pig slut lisa

irl is good

make it legal to suck dick for weed

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

like, maybe it takes 10 years to amend the law to allow smaller farmers to start up, but that's 10 years of people not getting arrested and having their lives ruined / going into a permanent cycle of recidivism thanks to our society being poo poo to ex-cons

massachusetts was so corrupt that even when people got out they were charged exorbitant fees and given lengthy probations just to make sure that the money kept flowing in and more jobs could be created for friends and family members to fill.

:cripes:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

pig slut lisa posted:

*bob saget half baked quote*

the unabonger

pig slut lisa posted:

aw gently caress, it isnt?

fuck. marry. t-rex

pig slut lisa posted:

Liberals always trying to force the government to legitimize their lifestyle...

FluffieDuckie

i'm going to celebrate by sending weed care packages to all my ohio friends

it won't exactly be a bulk mailing

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

vermeul

Free Acid
legalize it and let society worry about something else like the creation of sexbots. Where the gently caress is my sexbot

pig slut lisa

irl is good

FluffieDuckie posted:

i'm going to celebrate by sending weed care packages to all my ohio friends

it won't exactly be a bulk mailing

haha jett :owned:

google THIS

:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Time To Chill

came to post in a weed thread