Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think Ecco is a solid lynch today based on my results.
##vote Ecco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

I don't think it's a mistake to consider all angles. Based on the flips I don't think there is really any claim which I 100% believe except for CPig's because I don't see why PinMom would lie about not being able to vig him.

Regarding Roy I accept that it's possible in the setup that I could have stolen your sword and used mine on Roy. Not sure why I would do this though as I wasn't annoyed at him for jailing me.
- you're not considering all angles though if you assume merk is telling the truth.

- I wouldn't kill roy because he annoyed me, that's dumb. I think it's possible (or even likely) you used your vig on roy because you wanted him gone, perhaps because of his role, perhaps because he was suspecting a scumbuddy, perhaps because you thought he was unexecutable, who the heck knows I am not you.

hey birdstrike how do you feel about merk though?

CCKeane posted:

This is my take.

keane I have asked you point blank like ten times.

how do you feel about merk?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

I think Ecco is a solid lynch today based on my results.
##vote Ecco

this is dumb. how do your results say anything about me?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

I would say Birdstrike is better for today than Anon, if we believe QDQ's claim, especially since Bird has a vig floating about.

I also have 2x doctor, which I didn't use last night because I thought Ecco would vig Opop and scum would either kill merk or he would be one.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
If I wanted to kill Roy I would've taken his item first.

EccoRaven posted:

hey birdstrike how do you feel about merk though?

Here's a hint: ##vote merk

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Mafia edit: I forgot to put in galvatron's line about bad comedy, EccoRaven is Starscream is this scenario

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I've been saying ecco is scum since day 1. I pretty much don't believe anything he says and he's definitely doing the whole calm reasoning thing he's accusing merk of doing.

The whole "hypnotism" thing is still weird and confusing to me but I still am leaning towards trusting merk over ecco.

My top scum picks right now are ecco, garth, and birdstrike.

##unvote

Roy made a really bad dumb move but I don't think it makes sense for he and ecco to be scum together and I have a scummier read on ecco.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just so I'm clear does anyone else have any reason to believe that have been hypnotized at any point? Or is this all based on merk's word? Merk's word that he came up with after literally being tracked to a kill

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
AnonNarc did you even see the posts where Ecco accuses me of stealing her vig, and then I vote her for defaming me?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Like if you think I am scum why would you not believe Ecco?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
It comes down to what claims I believe. If QPQ's claim is true, I know you're scum. Combined with your role, it's not unbelievable.

The whole fighting over the vig thing could easily be a scum gambit to try and look like a town slapfight

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

im dumb and mistyped

the results are:

N1: Bird and Narc - NOT ON SAME TEAM
N2: Keane and MMT - ON SAME TEAM
N3: Garth and merk: NOT ON SAME TEAM

I like taking out Garth more than Merk. Unless merk is whining like a child is part of his strategy... Garth has been laying low this whole time. Their only real attempt to make a meaningful case was on Goo. Now they flutter in and out drop a few lines. But only if they are honest about being used to kill.

I think between bird and Narc, while bird has been playing a good game up to this point... But let's be real here. We have multiple people reporting strange things happening to them... Bird says he is fully stocked on items, but he could be using things at night and we would have no idea.

If bird dies, he drops his stock of items, which go up for grabs. Narc has been pretty reasonable with the distribution of items, so between the two bird seems worse.

I also don't trust Ecco, but I strongly feel that bird and Ecco aren't on the same side of things.

My suggestion would be Ecco or Bird. I feel they are on opposite sides, so would confirm each other's alignment. Knowing bird's would confirm Narc's as well.

So I think the job is to find the domino. Which person killed, would most likely reveal most about the game?

Also... Is CPig always this helpful?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I think its ecco now.

##vote ecco

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Roydrowsy posted:

Also... Is CPig always this helpful?

Im having a hard time staying focused.

Anon should give me the bow so i can shoot someone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Ecco

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Opo is also definitely scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Scum: Ecco, Opo, garth, Birdstrike

Survivor: CapitalistPig

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Birdstrike posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong:
  • QPQ's investigation of garth and merk shows them as having different alignments.

• merk says that the bloody-handed result flavour happened on both N1 and N2.

• imgay claims to have tracked garth nowhere on N1.

I am thinking about merk being misdirected last night and the possibility of imgay being misdirected on N1, it would make me suspect a garth/opop team as one would be hypnotist and one the misdirector, and opop is the last player for whom I have no data on N1 or N2 actions.

Birdstrike is scum because this post is way too on the nose about the makeup of the scum team. I would definitely lynch him way after Ecco and Opo though, so there might be more information before that happens.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

Scum: Ecco, Opo, garth, Birdstrike

Survivor: CapitalistPig

nah

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

Birdstrike is scum because this post is way too on the nose about the makeup of the scum team. I would definitely lynch him way after Ecco and Opo though, so there might be more information before that happens.

I think I will meet on Opop.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

It's not like we could waste a lynch on a Survivor at this point anyway. I just want people to realize that tomorrow is likely lylo if we don't hit scum today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

It's not like we could waste a lynch on a Survivor at this point anyway. I just want people to realize that tomorrow is likely lylo if we don't hit scum today.

Why ecco and Opop, then?

I would think Garth or QDQ would be better from your point of view.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

Unless I'm not a survivor (which I'm not)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Why ecco and Opop, then?

Because Ecco and Opo are scum based on content.

Opo withheld critical information that caused us to waste a lynch, after throwing soft ball cases with no intent on persuasion. He is parroting the scum strategy of 'we can lynch merk' without putting any real thought into why he's voting me.

Ecco has slowly boiled a merk lynch since day 2, not actually made any effort to find real scum throughout the whole game, and isn't controlling the game which I would expect him to be doing now as town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Even how Ecco acted with Roy in the Jailer doc is scummy. He didn't make any effort to discern Roy's alignment. He just was a rude person. It's because he knew Roy's alignment.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Because Ecco and Opo are scum based on content.

Opo withheld critical information that caused us to waste a lynch, after throwing soft ball cases with no intent on persuasion. He is parroting the scum strategy of 'we can lynch merk' without putting any real thought into why he's voting me.

Ecco has slowly boiled a merk lynch since day 2, not actually made any effort to find real scum throughout the whole game, and isn't controlling the game which I would expect him to be doing now as town.

I don't disagree with them. That said, assuming you are town, Garth is scum or QDQ is lying from your point of few. Are you refusing to acknowledge this because it isn't content based?

Also, personally, I thought Garth was mad scummy for a while now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I don't disagree with them. That said, assuming you are town, Garth is scum or QDQ is lying from your point of few. Are you refusing to acknowledge this because it isn't content based?

Also, personally, I thought Garth was mad scummy for a while now.

I'm not refusing to acknowledge it. I'm saying it is of a lower priority than lynching scum based on content. Opo and Ecco are scum based on content. That's how we should be playing.

In my opinion, we leave the role-based results for when we get more flips or more information from the roles. For example, what if QPQ is killed in the night and flips town? That makes his results easier to follow. What if he dies in the night and flips scum?

We have quality lynches based on content sitting in front of us. Let's take them.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keane, why are you trying to save Ecco here? You have no reason to think he's town, yet you've tossed out two alternatives to him in just two posts. What's the deal?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Why ecco and Opop, then?

Because lynching me would reveal him as scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Keane, why are you trying to save Ecco here? You have no reason to think he's town, yet you've tossed out two alternatives to him in just two posts. What's the deal?

I'm not trying to save ecco anymore (previously I was, when I thought they were cop). I DO think we have role information in front of us that we can use effectively and I disagree on not paying as much attention to that.

I propose this:

We vote off Opop today. If Opop flips scum, great, we should have some straightforward ways to proceed from there. If Opop flips town, QDQ looks significantly scummy because of process of night action elimination and all that jazz. I'd go QDQ after that.

We have some vigs floating about, so killing Garth and Birdstrike is probably also valuable there and whatnot.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

So you believe QBQ is telling the truth?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

garthoneeye posted:

There's another rub with QPQ's results. If I'm lynched and flip town, you're not guaranteed scum because we don't know QPQ's alignment. We really need three lynches until we guaranteed find one scum in QPQ's claim... and even then there might be item/role fuckery about that makes his results wrong from another angle.

Lynching based on content is the right call. I want to go Ecco first.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

There's another rub with QPQ's results. If I'm lynched and flip town, you're not guaranteed scum because we don't know QPQ's alignment. We really need three lynches until we guaranteed find one scum in QPQ's claim... and even then there might be item/role fuckery about that makes his results wrong from another angle.

We can arrange scum death, I believe.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Or we can lynch the two scum that I've found.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Or we can lynch the two scum that I've found.

I'd go Opop, probably, but I think this can be finagled.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CCKeane posted:

So you believe QBQ is telling the truth?

I do. I thought Merk's story was suspicious when he said it and his inability to gain information from his empowered watch makes it more suspicious.

Furthermore, as scum you would want to try to push the showdown based on QPQs results as far back as possible because if the town is not in LYLO even guessing wrong still marks a likely scum.

I still think that OPop is scum and I would vote Opop or Merk today.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

merk posted:

This is true. We also have to consider the possibility that one of us could be third-party.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
nah I'm not scum.

merk posted:

there is no way merk, enemy of all third parties, genuinely believes this.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Opo withheld critical information that caused us to waste a lynch,

bullshit, I gave warning and then I was making a 4 hour drive when you guys rushed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

bullshit, I gave warning and then I was making a 4 hour drive when you guys rushed me.

We lynched you three minutes before deadline.

##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo
##vote Opo