Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

QuoProQuid posted:

IV. Opop is a moderator confirmed "unlynchable" player who claims to have no night ability. If Roy's action went through last night, he can be effectively dismissed as a hypnotist.

Just a note on this, I'm not an unlynchable player, I started with an item that gave me one shot death proof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

QuoProQuid posted:

MAFIA EDIT: I forgot Keane who, to my knowledge, hasn't claimed anything about his role. I have a town cop read on him (albeit of questionable veracity) but he can be added to the list of players theoretically capable of acting as a hypnotist.

I literally used my role in game to punch PMom to death.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quid were you unable to use your action at all?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Examining the remaining players for possible hypnotist candidates. Obviously, saying that a player is not a hypnotist does not mean they aren't scum, but it does help resolve a long-standing issue:

I. Anarc's inventor status has been confirmed in the thread by the moderator. Though she might be scum, it seems unlikely for set-up reasons that she would have an additional powerful night ability.
II. Birdstrike is a confirmed thief via myself, Keane, and several other players. merk claims to have been hypnotized the same day that I was stolen from, making it highly unlikely that Bird is also a hypnotist.
III. Capitalist Pig is a hider-variant whose ability has been somewhat confirmed by PMom (later flipped town). Based on what little information we have, I can see CPig having an additional role to supplement his powers.
IV. Opop is a moderator confirmed "unlynchable" player who claims to have no night ability. If Roy's action went through last night, he can be effectively dismissed as a hypnotist.
V. Roy's jail ability is confirmed by Goo (who later flipped town) and Ecco (later flipped scum). Roy's jailing against Goo and Ecco coincided with merk's claimed hypnotism N1 and N2.

Of the players left alive, CPig and Anarc are the only players who could theoretically be a hypnotist. Anarc's alignment has been discussed to death, but has anyone taken a close look at CPig?

I'm running through the thread now, but does anyone remember any role-related reason that might disqualify CPig from the list of possible scum?

Remind me if I am forgetting anything. My mind is running at a thousand miles a minute.

merk, if you can still talk, any additional insight would be helpful. I would prefer multi-topic mega-posts rather than short one sentence responses.

CPig used a truth serum on Ecco. CPig is very, very unlikely to be scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If pig's scum that's such a ballsy bus I'd let him take the win

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

CCKeane posted:

You weren't able to perform your night action?

My role requires two players whom I have not already checked. There is only one living player that I have not investigated and that is CPig

CCKeane posted:

I literally used my role in game to punch PMom to death.

Oh! I forgot!

CCKeane posted:

CPig used a truth serum on Ecco. CPig is very, very unlikely to be scum.

Turns out I forgot agaaaaaaaaaiiiiinnnnnn!

There's a lot of stuff that has happened.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You haven't investigated Opop either, if I am remembering correctly.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Opopanax posted:

If pig's scum that's such a ballsy bus I'd let him take the win

Very ballsy and very very very very very very very very very very very very very unlikely. I don't think this is a credible solution to the puzzle.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

You haven't investigated Opop either, if I am remembering correctly.

I tried it yesterday and the action failed. I asked Exakt whether I was roleblocked and able to try again, but was told that my action had "failed."

Make of that what you will.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

QuoProQuid posted:

I tried it yesterday and the action failed. I asked Exakt whether I was roleblocked and able to try again, but was told that my action had "failed."

You tried what, Me and Pig?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Dude, then you were busdriven to opop when it was Garth and merk.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm pretty firmly "Opop is scum" right now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Or Pig

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Which we've established doesn't make sense, hmm.

Frankly I feel like there's something fishy about QPQ's whole thing right now.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I do not think I was, or have any evidence that my actions were messed with or prevented. I submitted my choice in the doc, but nothing came of it. I didn't see any sort of acknowledgement or response.

I am thinking I might have been overlooked, or I submitted it too late?

I don't think any meaningful info can be gained from this.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I'm pretty firmly "Opop is scum" right now.

I could go that way, as they claim no PR which gives room to be a hypnotist.
I think QPQ could be making stuff up, and messing up results...it only worked three times, but how useful have the results actually been, and the whole "misreporting" situation could be a part of that too. Has it led us to scum yet???

Here is the problem/trap we are falling into. We are spending a lot of time focusing on. Night actions and putting our eggs into that basket, but not liking as much at game play.

Who were the people who were not big on voting for Ecco before CPig did their thing?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

im dumb and mistyped

the results are:

N1: Bird and Narc - NOT ON SAME TEAM
N2: Keane and MMT - ON SAME TEAM
N3: Garth and merk: NOT ON SAME TEAM

Of the six people identified in all of this, three are now dead, none are scum. We assume they are being honest, but night three was nonsense.

Question- I am on phone. can we confirm this was made after MMT was killed?

The death of merk led right to the death of Garth - a lynch gets wasted.

We should not waste more time on sorting out Keane, bird, and Marc until we know if QPQ is legit.

If he is scum, odds are bird and narc are cleared, and it may cast doubt on Keane as qpq's results protect only them.

##vote QPQ

I know this goes against lookin past night actions... But this role provides serious cover, and had the potential to lead to a bunch of town lynches before it crumbles down - letting the final scum coast to victory.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I've been officially told I missed deadline so that is what happened.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm working until stupid 10:30 tonight but I'm off tomorrow and I want look over QPQ's stuff. I think something is definitely off here, and frankly those two posts today where he apparently forgot about me sound like a scum slip

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike do you still have your vig?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm still convinced birdstrike is a scum.

##vote birdstrike

Here's my case on him.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I really think birdstrike is scum, guys. So far, we have no reason to doubt that QPQ is lying about his ability. That means birdstrike has to be scum, since I'm not.

Looking back at his post history, his interactions with Ecco are really weird. He accuses Ecco of being scum the first couple days, and then drops it completely for a very long time. So once Ecco flipped, it's easy for him to be able to say "see, I thought he was scum from the beginning."

The interaction over the stolen item is so ridiculous it looks almost contrived. Just look at this post. It screams "Look at us, we're not on the same team!" It's not even a vote for scum, it's an OMGUS.

Also, Ecco gave him one of the silver swords (1-shot vig). It would be awfully convenient for scum to have that extra vig, and this was before we knew he was a thief so we weren't suspicious.

I know role does not necessarily correlate with alignment, but the way birdstrike has been using his role is scummy.

He stole a 1-shot protection on N1, which he still has, unless he used it last night. I'm basing this on this post

That's a long time to hold on to a protective item and not use it.

He also stole keane's shield, and when questioned about it, came up with an excuse that was some elaborate plan which involved him knowing exactly what item he was going to steal and what he was going to do the next day when scum targeted him.

Keane succinctly described the act here:

It's all very suspicious.

##vote birdstrike

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Roydrowsy posted:

Of the six people identified in all of this, three are now dead, none are scum. We assume they are being honest, but night three was nonsense.

Question- I am on phone. can we confirm this was made after MMT was killed?

The death of merk led right to the death of Garth - a lynch gets wasted.

We should not waste more time on sorting out Keane, bird, and Marc until we know if QPQ is legit.

If he is scum, odds are bird and narc are cleared, and it may cast doubt on Keane as qpq's results protect only them.

##vote QPQ

I know this goes against lookin past night actions... But this role provides serious cover, and had the potential to lead to a bunch of town lynches before it crumbles down - letting the final scum coast to victory.

Honestly, this isn't a bad strategy so long as we aren't at LYLO. It'll shed some light on my reads and let the town move forward.

I'm obviously not going to support my own death (and if I die I would rather it be through a vig so we don't waste a lynch) but I can't fault you here.

Roydrowsy posted:

I've been officially told I missed deadline so that is what happened.

Wondrous.

##vote: Opop

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Birdstrike do you still have your vig?

Yes. I abhor violence. And yes, Opop did not have an item I could take.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Birdstrike posted:

Then shoot me or QPQ I guess

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

If we assume today is Lylo, this reflects well on Birdstrike.

I'm throwing my pack 100% against Opop today. He is a scummy scum butt from scum town.

##vote:Opop

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello heroes.

I notice some of you are not voting Opop. Please do so.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I can dig that

##vote Opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Even if he shoots me, I'd be a lot more comfortable if Bird used his vig today, rather than taking it on into LYLO

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Even if he shoots me, I'd be a lot more comfortable if Bird used his vig today, rather than taking it on into LYLO

It's a night vig.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well then

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I don't know, I sort of have weird feels about QPQ right now, like , something nagging at me saying he is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't know, I sort of have weird feels about QPQ right now, like , something nagging at me saying he is scum.

You mightnno be wrong.

I am very, very confident on Opop right now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I only have two more posts. I'm glad the scum killed imgay because I was slowly starting to get concerned that: a) he was still alive; and b) he didn't immediately claim his results yesterday. In any event, here are my thoughts which I will explain below. I will not attempt to persuade anyone of anything. These are just my thoughts. I will make one more post later today that might give more detail.
Town pile:
CapitalistPig - If Cpig bussed Ecco with that truth serum yesterday, he deserves to win the game. I don't think he needed to do that because I was definitely getting lynched and was the loudest voice against Ecco. I think Ecco coasts to a scum victory with ease if he is not lynched yesterday.

Roydrowsy - I strongly believe that the scum redirected me on the night when I Watched myself on night 1. I do not believe that Ecco used his Busdriver ability on me/garth on n1 because of the following post from imgay:

imgay posted:

garth went nowhere n1

imgay posted:

doubt i got misdirected, I was told explicit names in my pms

Then, the only way that Roydrowsy is scum is if Ecco Busdrove me with garth (or Redirected me to garth) on n3 and the scum chose to Jail me on the same night. I do not believe this is the case because I played up heavily in the Jail doc that I couldn't use my action and thought Roy was scum for it.

Scum pile:
Opopanax - Opo felt like he was scum that had given up a couple days ago. Ecco put in great effort to save Opo on the day that I was almost lynched. Ecco didn't need to do this. If Opo flipped town, I was the obvious lynch the next day. Ecco also, at the same time as he said I was scum, strongly said that Opo was scum. This looks like a bus to me.

CCKeane - why is CCKeane alive? He is playing a town leader role without any success (he voted me after buying into Ecco's case only a few posts after agreeing with me that Ecco was scum), and he no longer is actually trying to find scum. He's trying to ride this out to a scum victory rather than look into the content and find scum.

Birdstrike - He is apparently sitting with a vig that he's held for multiple days. Why? Why did he not shoot someone he thinks is scum? He also voted me in reaction to Ecco's case to save Opo.

Anarc - Ecco loudly advocated that Anarc was town after the claim. However, Ecco voted Anarc over yuming to make it a 7/6 split. Anarc has done some really scummy things lately that I don't think need to be addressed again.

QPQ - I think QPQ is town, but I'm putting him in the scum pile because I'm not sure. That claim he made does sound like a fakeclaim Ecco would write for a scum buddy.

I'd say the remaining scum team is Opo, CCKeane, and Birdstrike. If Birdstrike is really holding a vig, the right call today is to lynch him over anyone else. If you are wrong, tomorrow is lylo anyway (likely three scum left, but I guess there could be a Survivor). If you are right, great... and you removed the scum's lylo-1 win condition. That is, if you mislynch today and Birdstrike is scum holding a vig, the game is probably over with a town loss.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

If we are assuming a 4 scum team, Birdstrike would have had opportunity to end the game in the scums favor last night. He didn't.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also that is a good post from Merk.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also I am very happy to play yet another game where town Merk goes after town me for my inherently scummy nature.

Merk it is what is on the inside that counts. The inside of my PM.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

If we are assuming a 4 scum team, Birdstrike would have had opportunity to end the game in the scums favor last night. He didn't.

Oh, right, I can't math. Today is lylo if it's a four-man scum team. Since we didn't have a hammer yet and there are votes everywhere, maybe there's only three total scum? That seems weird for a 17 player game.

Ok, I'm out of posts. Good luck, everyone.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Merk if you agree that you smell like butts, please say nothing for the rest of the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:zombie: arrrrrrrgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

:zombie: arrrrrrrgh

Exakt I demand that Merk be modkilled.