Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Nevermind, you are voting me. You're still scum though.

Nice save

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The problem with Ecco saying I stole her vig is that it would have been confirmed to the thread this morning as I was at max items going into last night. If I stole her sword as well I would have to choose an item to put up for grabs right now.

I don't see any item up for grabs. ##vote EccoRaven

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Birdstrike posted:

The problem with Ecco saying I stole her vig is that it would have been confirmed to the thread this morning as I was at max items going into last night. If I stole her sword as well I would have to choose an item to put up for grabs right now.

I don't see any item up for grabs. ##vote EccoRaven

There exists, of course, the possibility of another thief.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I believe Garth, QDQ and Opop have no claims out, can you all share some broad details of abilities?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

as I was at max items going into last night.
says you.

Birdstrike posted:

If I stole her sword as well I would have to choose an item to put up for grabs right now.

I don't see any item up for grabs.
We have no idea what the "up for grabs" mechanic looks like, it is very likely scum could privately trade items amongst each other.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
birdstrike hon I don't mean to censor you but even if I wanted you dead I wouldn't be pursuing it for days still, you can lay off the preemptive omgus.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Birdstrike tbh your role is a pretty scummy one. We only have your word that you had the max number of items, and that you didn't use anything. I'm not accusing you, but it doesn't look good.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also: I'm pretty sure Garth is scum so there is that and all.

But yeah maybe not at this very instant.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

I believe Garth, QDQ and Opop have no claims out, can you all share some broad details of abilities?

I'm vanilla other than the amulet I had, which was a one shot deathproof

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Also: I'm pretty sure Garth is scum so there is that and all.

But yeah maybe not at this very instant.

Ugh *and we should vote him off

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

I'm vanilla other than the amulet I had, which was a one shot deathproof

Oh?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Merk did you ever comment on Bird strike's point about Opop, myself and QDQ?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah, that's why I warned you not to vig me yesterday

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm vanilla town with no items.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, that's why I warned you not to vig me yesterday

Okay.QDQ do you have input?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Roy do you even read this thread? Ughh. Thanks for ruining a decent plan to find scum.

I've been distracted and playing lovely. I was given a mini promotion at the start of the summer where I get to present stuff at the new teacher orientation event, so I have been prepping and the presenting stuff to new teachers from three states. For the past two days, and I gotta go back to Dayton to give another training next week. I've also been sitting in people interviewing for jobs.. And as summer winds down things are starting to pick up...this distracted

So when I woke up super early and checked my phone, I put in a name totally forgetting about the whole merk deal...

I would still like to know who took a shot at me last night. It's okay, I won't be mad.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Here is a theory... Valid until somebody says they took the shot at me.

Ecco gets jailed and role blocked. Ecco can't use the vig.

Playing the long game, they claim that they would have used it on Opo, but they were totally blocked.

We only have Ecco's word that they intended to target Opo, and in theory they could have claimed anybody.

This build a barrier of protection because of Opo dies first and flips scum, Ecco can say.. "I wanted to kill him, see!"

If Ecco dies first and flips scum Opp says "I can't be on the scum team, they were going to vig me"

Meanwhile Ecco is claiming their vig was stolen, the theif says it wasn't them... And we have somebody who has tried to kill me and nobody to own up to it.

It is possible that Ecco just tried to use it, and my prize from challenge one kept me alive.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

Here is a theory... Valid until somebody says they took the shot at me.

Ecco gets jailed and role blocked. Ecco can't use the vig.

Playing the long game, they claim that they would have used it on Opo, but they were totally blocked.

We only have Ecco's word that they intended to target Opo, and in theory they could have claimed anybody.

This build a barrier of protection because of Opo dies first and flips scum, Ecco can say.. "I wanted to kill him, see!"

If Ecco dies first and flips scum Opp says "I can't be on the scum team, they were going to vig me"

Meanwhile Ecco is claiming their vig was stolen, the theif says it wasn't them... And we have somebody who has tried to kill me and nobody to own up to it.

It is possible that Ecco just tried to use it, and my prize from challenge one kept me alive.

This is possible, unless KB was killed by a vig.

Anybody try to kill KB?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Roydrowsy posted:

It's possible, save for a tracker (and watcher?) in the game who would easily see me try to kill you and fail rather than Opop, which would be pretty stupid then of me to say otherwise.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It may be possible to test my item claim today if AnonNarc bestows an item on me. I can only carry four and I'll have to give one up. Of course I think that's a bad idea as I know my item capacity but if you want to test it we can.

The reason I'm incredulous about Ecco saying I stole her vig is because I suggested the idea of stealing her or PinMom's sword in an unconfirmed masonry on D3, before I won the doc item from the dodgeball contest. I suspect that Ecco was told of my idea.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Birdstrike posted:

It may be possible to test my item claim today if AnonNarc bestows an item on me. I can only carry four and I'll have to give one up. Of course I think that's a bad idea as I know my item capacity but if you want to test it we can.

The reason I'm incredulous about Ecco saying I stole her vig is because I suggested the idea of stealing her or PinMom's sword in an unconfirmed masonry on D3, before I won the doc item from the dodgeball contest. I suspect that Ecco was told of my idea.

Couldn't you just PM exakt and quietly drop something?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

It's possible, save for a tracker (and watcher?) in the game who would easily see me try to kill you and fail rather than Opop, which would be pretty stupid then of me to say otherwise.

But... Did any watching or tracking actions go the way they were intended?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

imgay posted:

My action failed last night, so someone rb'd me

imgay posted:

I targeted eco

Convenient, no?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Roydrowsy posted:

Convenient, no?

yeah, very convenient. and if I did try to kill you and you died, what would I say then? everyone would very reasonably suspect it was either me or birdstrike, and birdstrike will say "nope it wasn't me, here's proof XYZ," and then I'd be asked very reasonably "why didn't you kill opop??" and then I'd say "hurf durf idk because I am literally dumb irl."

I mean yeah it's plausible but it's kinda not very smart on my part.

Birdstrike posted:

I wouldn't be against it.

quote:

My vig got stolen, it's not an amazing logical leap to say "the claimed item thief probably did it."

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Couldn't you just PM exakt and quietly drop something?

I believe the rules force item drops in thread so people can snatch.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

yeah, very convenient. and if I did try to kill you and you died, what would I say then? everyone would very reasonably suspect it was either me or birdstrike, and birdstrike will say "nope it wasn't me, here's proof XYZ," and then I'd be asked very reasonably "why didn't you kill opop??" and then I'd say "hurf durf idk because I am literally dumb irl."

I mean yeah it's plausible but it's kinda not very smart on my part.

I wouldn't be against it.

My vig got stolen, it's not an amazing logical leap to say "the claimed item thief probably did it."

The number of vigs on the field could produce plausible deniability.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Roydrowsy posted:

The number of vigs on the field could produce plausible deniability.

as far as I know though it's just Birdstrike right now, though I haven't been keeping too close track of it.

I mean yeah it sucks that you just have my word to take for it but the alternative doesn't make much strategic sense from my end.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

as far as I know though it's just Birdstrike right now, though I haven't been keeping too close track of it.

I mean yeah it sucks that you just have my word to take for it but the alternative doesn't make much strategic sense from my end.

Known vigs going into the night were Eccoraven and Birdstrike.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

KB was suspicious and I bet we had a lot of protects flying around so if you offed him tell the thread or else we have to assume it was scum, thanks.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

KB was suspicious and I bet we had a lot of protects flying around so if you offed him tell the thread or else we have to assume it was scum, thanks.

I don't understand, KB as suspicious?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keane. I want to know why you think Ecco is town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I don't, anymore.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I thought ecco was a cop laying low, especially after they seemed so strong that I was town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Merk I would like you to respond to Birdstrike's call about who the possible hypnotist is.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

I thought ecco was a cop laying low, especially after they seemed so strong that I was town.

yeah I was worried you were thinking that when you said "oh?"

I would like you to think I'm town because of my posting though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

yeah I was worried you were thinking that when you said "oh?"

I would like you to think I'm town because of my posting though.

Everybody is on the table right now.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Everybody is on the table right now.

how do you feel about merk?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

how do you feel about merk?

I really want Merk to answer my question.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

:siren: Either merk or garth is scum :siren:

Give me a minute and I'll explain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now